• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WII Tournament @ Shuffle And Cut May 12th

go2chutch

Smash Cadet
based on who showed up, we played a four person tourney. wii guarenteed if 30 showed up and we didnt even come close to that.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
lol.....and i saw this coming....how?
so when they said...

what did that mean =P
it seems like the names worth mentioning were the only ones there XD
Um actually it means we had 12-13 people and when people saw DC playing no one wanted to lose their money to him so everyone played friendlies all day and we only had 4 people with the stones to play in a tourney.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i think the problem was that people didn't want to waste $15 on a 13 man tourney, especially when they knew they wouldn't get the prize that they traveled there for.

Lit

Smash Ace
so is there going to be another wii tourney this week or no.... since no one really did win it...

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
True, but you won't find that at a business location.

EDIT: I would only go there (maybe once in a while) just to have fun beating the people who have never heard of the term "L-cancel."

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
The things is, you guys should of 1st started out as a non-profit tourny to lure ppl in and get the place popular; Then you guys can start charging entry fee.

It maybe already too late, but you guys can always start over. . .

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
ive got an idea =P
ill play him again in another luigi ditto and take another five bucks from him XD
he would never agree to that in a tourney but i dunno =P always possible XD
but yeah...i understand S&C's point of needing a profit but Wreck is right about u guys starting it all wrong. Starting over again WOULD make a drastic improvement in the showing of people...or if u lied and told them dc wasnt coming lol...but that would be bad =[

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
People just donnt wanna risk going somewhere for a prize that isnt guaranteed. Its just a waste of time for me to go and receive store credit since Im not really into TCGs. If you want more people to show, you gotta take a risk and say that you will be guaranteeing cash prizes no matter what, that will attract more people and hopefully itll be enough to create some profit.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
People just donnt wanna risk going somewhere for a prize that isnt guaranteed. Its just a waste of time for me to go and receive store credit since Im not really into TCGs. If you want more people to show, you gotta take a risk and say that you will be guaranteeing cash prizes no matter what, that will attract more people and hopefully itll be enough to create some profit.
NOW SHUFFLE IS DOING WEEKLY CASH TOURNEYS. SEE THE THREAD CALLED SHUFFLE AND CUT CASH WEEKLIES.

Lit

Smash Ace
like real talk i would still enter in even if i did see dc... i would still give it a chance the only thing u can really do is get better..... people are acting like 5 bucks is like 1,000,000 or dollars or sumthin.... so when people see dc or anyone that is up at his level and people just quit that just shows how much u really belive in your skills.... i mean everything is possible... it just takes work...

Top Bottom