• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why 3DS/Wii U Transfer Unlocks are Possible.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
"If there was a character you couldn’t play on Wii U but you could play on 3DS, or vice versa, that’s rough for consumers."
"I don’t have a preference whether they own the Wii U version or the 3DS version or both versions..."

And Sakurai is his own boss.
and it's not like you would have to own a Wii U to complete the transfer.

"If there was a Pokemon you couldn’t catch in Red Version but you could catch in Blue Version or vice versa, that’s rough for consumers... they'd have to buy another Game Boy PLUS the other version, right?"

Wrong. That's what friends are for. Advertise with a commercial of someone bringing their 3DS to their friend's house.

Lord Danongore

Smash Cadet

"If there was a Pokemon you couldn’t catch in Red Version but you could catch in Blue Version or vice versa, that’s rough for consumers... they'd have to buy another Game Boy PLUS the other version, right?"

Wrong. That's what friends are for. Advertise with a commercial of someone bringing their 3DS to their friend's house.
That same logic could be applied here. Why not just go over to your friend's house who has a wii u and link to his system. Boom. It's incentive to either A) get the system yourself or B) get out of the house and visit friends. Both of which are in line with nintendo's philosophy.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
We'll this the most interesting piece of info to come out on this subject. Any coders/developers out there who can explain why there would be a memory discrepancy of almost a gig?
Is it possible the above images refers to the game being on a 2 gb game cart? Also the printing could be an error. But it is suspicious and I hope someone who knows this stuff better than I do gets to the bottom of this

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Somebody still has to buy the Wii U, and Smash doesn't have a focus on collecting and trading mons. This is still the same "showing bias to the privileged" thing Sakurai was saying wouldn't happen.

ridles1

Smash Rookie
SO any word on the legitimacy of this theory? Has anyone found a mewtwo/ridley trophy yet?

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
SO any word on the legitimacy of this theory? Has anyone found a mewtwo/ridley trophy yet?
Mewtwo trophy spotted

While this throws some doubt on the guy on Neogaf, I still think transfer unlocks are a possibility This is coming from someone who is ecstatic with the roster we have.

Last edited:

ridles1

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo trophy spotted

While this throws some doubt on the guy on Neogaf, I still think transfer unlocks are a possibility This is coming from someone who is ecstatic with the roster we have.
Thanks for the reply, in my mind that deconfirms the theory. A shame

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Snake is going to be in the

I'LL NEVER GIVE UP! YOU CAN'T DECONFRIM SNAKE WITH A TROPHY SAKURAI ... YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT ...

...THE COPY-RIGHT

hahahaha

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
Assuming you are correct would that imply trophies in the game from the start can not be pkayable
it hasnt been proven that the wii u and 3ds have the same trophys so there is hope in that.

the reason i believe dlc will just be dlc is because it being done for all nintendo's games now.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
I think adding new characters through connecting or patches can and will happen, BUT i don't think they will be the characters everyone seems to expect. Remember when we were all so sure chrom was in but then sakurai was like lol no.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Mewtwo trophy spotted

The only thing that makes me wonder about these Trophies is that when it comes to "cut" or "dis-confirmed" characters, they're all new models, are they not (haven't seen Wolf's personally, and has anyone found Lucas')? I know Dixie Kong and Ice Climbers are definitely using a different and new model suitable for being fighters. This Mewtwo also appears to be much more updated. Why put that much effort into making some of these Trophies look like something that's going to jump out of the TV at you if they're just going to sit in a gallery? Most Trophies have the bare minimum done to them, and often their fingers are even fused and lack detail, that's not the case with Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ice Climbers. It should also be noted that multiple characters have multiple Trophies. Samus for example has a Trophy that can be purchased at the Trophy Shop, yet she also gets another for completing Classic Mode. Kirby also has one with his hammer, while also gaining another through Classic Mode.

Look at Saria for example, bare minimum done -

I'm not saying this rumour is real or fake and I'm also content with the roster for the most part, but it's something to consider and may be something to think about. DLC is a real
possibility, but we should also try to contain ourselves to avoid disappointment.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The only thing that makes me wonder about these Trophies is that when it comes to "cut" or "dis-confirmed" characters, they're all new models, are they not (haven't seen Wolf's personally, and has anyone found Lucas')? I know Dixie Kong and Ice Climbers are definitely using a different and new model suitable for being fighters. This Mewtwo also appears to be much more updated. Why put that much effort into making some of these Trophies look like something that's going to jump out of the TV at you if they're just going to sit in a gallery? Most Trophies have the bare minimum done to them, and often their fingers are even fused and lack detail, that's not the case with Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ice Climbers. It should also be noted that multiple characters have multiple Trophies. Samus for example has a Trophy that can be purchased at the Trophy Shop, yet she also gets another for completing Classic Mode. Kirby also has one with his hammer, while also gaining another through Classic Mode.

Look at Saria for example, bare minimum done -

I'm not saying this rumour is real or fake and I'm also content with the roster for the most part, but it's something to consider and may be something to think about. DLC is a real
possibility, but we should also try to contain ourselves to avoid disappointment.
Pretty sure the ICs were a direct Brawl rip.

I Am Luigi

Smash Rookie
So I may be talking a little out of my butt here but isn't the main reason the rosters are the same is for cross-platform battling? So wouldn't they need to make a 3DS and a Wii U version of each stage, incase you're fighting opponents with 3DSs on Rainbow Road with your Wii U? So even if the Wii U has specific stages, the 3DS stages would be in a way, transfer unlockable and vice versa. Couldn't the same be said for characters? I'm not in denial or anything, I'm not expecting more characters and I'm more than happy with the characters we have. I'm just saying it may not be impossible.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So I may be talking a little out of my butt here but isn't the main reason the rosters are the same is for cross-platform battling? So wouldn't they need to make a 3DS and a Wii U version of each stage, incase you're fighting opponents with 3DSs on Rainbow Road with your Wii U? So even if the Wii U has specific stages, the 3DS stages would be in a way, transfer unlockable and vice versa. Couldn't the same be said for characters? I'm not in denial or anything, I'm not expecting more characters and I'm more than happy with the characters we have. I'm just saying it may not be impossible.
Yeah, the cross-play was disconfirmed right out of the gate.

Top Bottom