• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's goin to be the new last boss in SSBB?

Green Gamer

Smash Cadet
Well if thats the case, Dk is Mario's rival as well too on account of the first game ever with mario Dk was his Rival. and look at mario Vs Dk attack of the minis
Actually, if we're getting technical,cranky kong would be mario's rival because on the first game ever(as you said) that donkey kong was in fact cranky kong.

Green Gamer

Smash Cadet
Anyway, in the end,the final boss in classic mode should be master hand, and in adventure it should depend on the character driven.By the way,lets let Nintendo decide who matches who in adventure mode so its not our problem.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Mario v. Bawser, Dk, or Wario? DK v. who? Who does Peach fight? How about Ness? (if no one agrees with me and adds pokey in his bed mecha). CHaracers in Smash do not pair off easily, nor should they. This is why characters should fight buffed versions of themselves.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! I can't tell you how many people I've seen who are utterly convinced that their favorite game deserves to be referenced in something like the final boss or what. Everyone wants this to be Kirby & pals or Mario & pals. I can't believe Bowser was the adventure boss in Melee. THAT was a glaring oversight just as much as pichu. I really hope this game has more internal consistency than Melee.
While I agree with this "no final bosses from any series besides Smash itself" thing, I just need to point out that having a giant Bowser as the Adventure final boss wasn't all that weird. Just think about it, he's the main villain from Nintendo's biggest series. He doesn't really represent Mario in there, he represents Nintendo villains.

I don't really think of that giant Bowser as a real boss in Melee anyway. I think the real boss was Giga Bowser. And he's a majorly buffed version of the main villain of Nintendo's biggest series, as I've said before. I find that to be a very appropriate boss.

Just wanted to point that out again because of the whole "internal consistency" thing you said.

...huh. Well, so far we have the hands of the kid playing with the toys/trophies and a majorly buffed version of Nintendo's main villain. How DO you make a new boss? The hands will obviously still be there, but having them as the FINAL boss again wouldn't be interesting at all.

So here's my suggestion. How about some weird shapeshifter boss? I mean, having a boss that could take forms of different playable characters would be pretty cool. Of course, he/she would also have more strength, agility, weight...
Have the boss look a little bit different, too. Just give it red eyes and make it black, but not pitch black like Shadow Link in Melee. You could still see its facial features and stuff, but all colors would be black.
I dunno, Nintendo uses the "dark version of whatever character" thing a lot.
And have its normal form (has no attacks, but changes into different characters) be a simple floating black ball (maybe with the Smash emblem on it), because the Smash-only characters are always very simple concept-wise.

I dunno, I like the idea.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
While I agree with this "no final bosses from any series besides Smash itself" thing, I just need to point out that having a giant Bowser as the Adventure final boss wasn't all that weird. Just think about it, he's the main villain from Nintendo's biggest series. He doesn't really represent Mario in there, he represents Nintendo villains.

I don't really think of that giant Bowser as a real boss in Melee anyway. I think the real boss was Giga Bowser. And he's a majorly buffed version of the main villain of Nintendo's biggest series, as I've said before. I find that to be a very appropriate boss.

Just wanted to point that out again because of the whole "internal consistency" thing you said.

...huh. Well, so far we have the hands of the kid playing with the toys/trophies and a majorly buffed version of Nintendo's main villain. How DO you make a new boss? The hands will obviously still be there, but having them as the FINAL boss again wouldn't be interesting at all.

So here's my suggestion. How about some weird shapeshifter boss? I mean, having a boss that could take forms of different playable characters would be pretty cool. Of course, he/she would also have more strength, agility, weight...
Have the boss look a little bit different, too. Just give it red eyes and make it black, but not pitch black like Shadow Link in Melee. You could still see its facial features and stuff, but all colors would be black.
And have its normal form (has no attacks, but changes into different characters) be a simple floating black ball (maybe with the Smash emblem on it), because the Smash-only characters are always very simple concept-wise.

A shapeshifter for a boss, now that's madd chill! Great idea! Your reputation just got a major boost.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman

I sort of agree with you on seeing the rationale behind Bowser being a final boss, but I till think it was unfair to not-mario games. I think making Giga versions of the character the player is playing as would be pretty freaking sweet. Also: If a character has a major enemy n Brawl, and adventure modes are customized, they should totally fight them. Heck, Mario could fight Bowser, DK, and Wario simultaneously. As long as it's not a final boss, you have a bit more freedom.

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
Final Boss= Shigeru Miyamato himself. You have to go online and find a guy called Shigeru. Challenge him. You will soon learn that he is none other than Shigeru Miyamato himself. He will be the hardest opponent you ever face. He will be using Mario. Good Luck.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Final Boss= Shigeru Miyamato himself. You have to go online and find a guy called Shigeru. Challenge him. You will soon learn that he is none other than Shigeru Miyamato himself. He will be the hardest opponent you ever face. He will be using Mario. Good Luck.
Quite da imagination you got there kid. I'm for your idea cause it's creative. Not bad at all.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
The "own villian from their series" idea is bring thrown around a lot. I'd personally like to see some universal villian, that could take forms of non-playable bosses / mid-bosses. I am all for the shape-shifter idea.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
The "own villian from their series" idea is bring thrown around a lot. I'd personally like to see some universal villian, that could take forms of non-playable bosses / mid-bosses. I am all for the shape-shifter idea.
Yeah, just make the forms he takes buffed simular to how giga bowser was buffed.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Now that would be interesting....though slightly unoriginal, seeing as every boss has been a hand so far.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I made a post about a Master Face, where each part has its own HP. That'd be a nice boss, methinks

Kirye

Smash Ace
i think the last boss "marx" from kirby superstars would be kick a$$. it would make sense since masterhand was taken from the same game:)
Actually, Master hand was a unique to the Smash games, and was shown in Kirby; and the Amazing Mirror. Unless you mean the similarities from the hands that Wham Bam Rock has, but it wasn't technically Master hand/Crazy hand.

Marx was pretty cool though, but only relates to one franchise rather than something against all of them.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
It'll be that kid who's been controlling these character "toys" from the very very beginning. He'll be 1000X your size and then a Shadow of the Colossus battle ensues. ;) That kid probably looks like a dork anyways. He deserves it.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
It'll be that kid who's been controlling these character "toys" from the very very beginning. He'll be 1000X your size and then a Shadow of the Colossus battle ensues. ;) That kid probably looks like a dork anyways. He deserves it.
I ask you this: who is controlling the characters in this game? Could it be you, the player? And could you, the player happen to have an avatar built into your freaking console? Yes? Master Mii for Brawl.

P.S. I am posting from my Wii.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I ask you this: who is controlling the characters in this game? Could it be you, the player? And could you, the player happen to have an avatar built into your freaking console? Yes? Master Mii for Brawl.

P.S. I am posting from my Wii.
Man, that's deep. P.S. Congradulations.

The only bit of story I know of is a kid playing with his figurines (the trohpies that come to life) and plays with them. Yes, we're all our own worst enemies. You're all going to destroy yourselves and like it.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hope they create a new boss because master hand is boring.
No need for an argument here, I totally agree with you bro. Master Hand is so Smash 64, but I don't think I'll lose sleep if someone similar to him will be the new last boss. Man, the developers would have no imagination if they made him "Master Hand" the boss of bosses again.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
No need for an argument here, I totally agree with you bro. Master Hand is so Smash 64, but I don't think I'll lose sleep if someone similar to him will be the new last boss. Man, the developers would have no imagination if they made him "Master Hand" the boss of bosses again.
Egh, well, Master Hand wasn't the last boss in SSBM (Giga Bowser was) so going back to Smash 64 and making him the final boss again wouldn't be exciting at all.

I still think he and Crazy Hand should return though, just not as the final boss. He just is a Smash staple and, from what I understand from the original SSB's intro, symbolizes the player. I bet it's going to turn out just like Melee with Master Hand and Crazy Hand being just some bosses and someone new being the real last boss.

Top Bottom