• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Who is the strongest warrior in the Kirby universe?

Meta knight asked nova to bring the strongest warrior in the galaxy to fight him.

Meta knight defeated galactia knight which made no sense as galactia knight was the strongest warrior in the galaxy. Assuming he took galactia knight from there galaxy.

What is more worrying is that Kirby defeated meta knight.
Why did nova not send Kirby?
Kirby lives in the same galaxy as meta knight?
Kirby is a star warrior also.
Galacta Knight had never fought Meta Knight beforehand, so at the time he was still considered the greatest. Also, perhaps Galacta Knight holds the most power out of him, Meta Knight and Kirby, but Meta Knight simply outplayed him? I mean, Galacta Knight had some pretty beefy attacks compared to the other two.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Link beats fox in every aspect, and I honestly think he could blow up the arwing with an arrow to the knee engine. Link probably has enough strength to blow up a landmaster too.
8 melodies will tell us why ness beats ridley.
Captain falcon just has a car, how does that even come close to falco.
also dk isn't on this list that enrages me.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Mega Man has more tools at his disposal than most of the cast.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't know enough about Palutena, what are her abilities? I do think if Sonic went Super Sonic he could beat her though. Speed of Light, c'mon.

And Link comes from a time without technology. How would he know what to do with an Arwing in such a short amount of time?

Hand to hand, Link would wind. But if Fox has an Arwing, then what?

josh bones

Smash Lord
I don't know enough about Palutena, what are her abilities? I do think if Sonic went Super Sonic he could beat her though. Speed of Light, c'mon.

And Link comes from a time without technology. How would he know what to do with an Arwing in such a short amount of time?

Hand to hand, Link would wind. But if Fox has an Arwing, then what?
Arwing was supposed to be an enemy in a Zelda game.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'll put this here to spark discussion.

The tiers here are to seperate the jumps in form. You could argue that Snake could take down Starfox if you wish, but I tried to keep the humans around the same level (Humans with talent I mean.)

G&W gets a tier cause he's a funny case. I feel anyone above him could be able to see him since he's in a second dimension. But that's worth arguing.

I lined Wario, Mario and Luigi because they have the same abilities.

This isn't accurate. I'd like feedback so we know who is better. (Like say Kirby vs. Bowser)

S tier
:ganondorfmelee:
:mewtwopm:
:sonic:
:ness2:
G&W Tier
:gawmelee:
A tier.
:rosalina:
:pt:
:samusmelee:
:kirbymelee:
:bowser2:
B Tier
:pit:
:mario2::warioc::luigi2:
:ike:
:metaknight:
:dk2:
:lucas:
C tier
:link2:(Young + Toon)
:zeldamelee::sheikmelee:
:lucario:
:dedede:
Megaman
:fox:
:wolf:
:falcomelee:
:yoshi2:
D Tier
:snake:
:zerosuitsamus::marthmelee::roymelee::falcon:
:pikachumelee:
:jigglypuffmelee:
:pichumelee:
:icsmelee:
Villager
WFT
:olimar:
:rob:

(Canonically, R.O.B. is an accessory. WFT could trip on him by accident and break him.)
>Marth in D tier
>Megaman in C tier
Did you even read my post :sadsheep:

RODO

Smash Ace
I'll put this here to spark discussion.

The tiers here are to seperate the jumps in form. You could argue that Snake could take down Starfox if you wish, but I tried to keep the humans around the same level (Humans with talent I mean.)

G&W gets a tier cause he's a funny case. I feel anyone above him could be able to see him since he's in a second dimension. But that's worth arguing.

I lined Wario, Mario and Luigi because they have the same abilities.

This isn't accurate. I'd like feedback so we know who is better. (Like say Kirby vs. Bowser)

S tier
G&W Tier
A tier.
:rosalina:
:pt:
:samusmelee:
:kirbymelee:
:bowser2:
B Tier
:pit:
:mario2::warioc::luigi2:
:ike:
:metaknight:
:dk2:
:lucas:
C tier
:link2:(Young + Toon)
:zeldamelee::sheikmelee:
:lucario:
:dedede:
Megaman
:fox:
:wolf:
:falcomelee:
:yoshi2:
D Tier
:pikachumelee:
:jigglypuffmelee:
:pichumelee:
:icsmelee:
Villager
WFT
:olimar:
:rob:

(Canonically, R.O.B. is an accessory. WFT could trip on him by accident and break him.)
Pit has to be at least A tier. I just don't see how he couldn't be.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Actually Pit is rendered somewhat useless without Palutena's powers and the Three Sacred Treasures.
Pit can beat the great sacred treasure. Pit killed pseudo palutena- dyntos created her, dyntos always created superior versions compared to their counterparts.

Although pit could not fly.. But he is kawaii so he can prob seduce fox for a quick ride.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pit can beat the great sacred treasure. Pit killed pseudo palutena- dyntos created her, dyntos always created superior versions compared to their counterparts.

Although pit could not fly.. But he is kawaii so he can prob seduce fox for a quick ride.
Uh, okay...
But remember, Viridi was on Pit's side when fighting Palutena, so we have yet to see Pit without a goddess's influence.
And sonic sucks without the chaos emeralds? And he is in S tier so what's your point?
That Palutena is in the list as well.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
The lack of love Pit, Mega Man, and Mario are getting is sad.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Okay okay, given what I've seen, I'll remove and move up certain characters. The middle tiers were more for discussion and I didn't go into deep thought about who goes where.

S tier
:ganondorfmelee::mewtwopm::sonic::ness2:
G&W Tier
A tier.
:rosalina::pt::samusmelee::kirbymelee::bowser2::pit:
B Tier
(:mario2::warioc::luigi2::yoshi2:),:ike:,:lucario:,:metaknight:,:dk2:,:lucas:

C tier
:link2:(All Links), :zeldamelee:/:sheikmelee:, :dedede:, Megaman, :fox:,:wolf:,:falcomelee:
D Tier (Human Tier)
E Tier
:pikachumelee:/:pichumelee:,:jigglypuffmelee:,:icsmelee:, Villager, WFT, :olimar:,:rob:

Okay, tell me what should be changed.

RODO

Smash Ace
Uh, okay...
But remember, Viridi was on Pit's side when fighting Palutena, so we have yet to see Pit without a goddess's influence.

That Palutena is in the list as well.
If we are doing playable characters in Smash, then Palutena shouldn't be on the list as she hasn't even participated in one yet. And also, Pit would never fight against Palutena in the first place (except for when he did and won).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If we are doing playable characters in Smash, then Palutena shouldn't be on the list as she hasn't even participated in one yet. And also, Pit would never fight against Palutena in the first place (except for when he did and won).
But the match ups aren't canon, they're just for fun.
I didn't make the list, but Palutena's on there.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Okay okay, given what I've seen, I'll remove and move up certain characters. The middle tiers were more for discussion and I didn't go into deep thought about who goes where.

S tier
G&W Tier
A tier.
B Tier
(:mario2::warioc::luigi2::yoshi2:), :ike::metaknight::dk2::lucas::lucario:
C tier
:link2:(All Links), :zeldamelee:/:sheikmelee::dedede:, Megaman, :fox:,:wolf:,:falcomelee:
D Tier (Human Tier)
E Tier
:pikachumelee:/:pichumelee:,:jigglypuffmelee:,:icsmelee:, Villager, WFT, :olimar:,:rob:

Mega Man should be B Tier. He has a ton of weapons.

RODO

Smash Ace

S tier
G&W Tier
A tier.
B Tier
(:mario2::warioc::luigi2::yoshi2:), :ike::metaknight::dk2::lucas::lucario:
C tier
:link2:(All Links), :zeldamelee:/:sheikmelee::dedede:, Megaman, :fox:,:wolf:,:falcomelee:
D Tier (Human Tier)
E Tier

I still think that the Links and Marth are underrated still, but I'd talk to that one guy first.

RODO

Smash Ace
But the match ups aren't canon, they're just for fun.
I didn't make the list, but Palutena's on there.
I know you didn't make the list, I'm just trying to figure out why people are throwing in characters that haven't participated yet such as Ridley and Palutena. And one guy suggested that each character should still have their personalities such as Luigi still being a coward and etc. I didn't know if we were still doing that.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
National pokedex trainer vs mega man.

National pokedex trainer has diagla(that how you spell it) palkia and arceus. Even if mega man killed the national pokedex trainer before hand the creation trio can just use time travel to revive him.

Mega man cannot defeat someone who is controlling all elements of the universe.

This assumes that the creation trio actually listens to the trainer and does not act like a spoiled brat.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Why is Ness S tier but Lucas B tier?
Apparently Ness is crazy strong. Lucas is much weaker than him, I got this list from josh bones and just copied it. Someone who was an avid Mother fan pointed out Ness' jesus like abilities at the end of Earthbound. Ness is subject to go to A tier, but I think he's above Game and Watch because of his PSY. Idk if that makes sense.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Moving down the list, can Megaman beat Mario? Then Ike and Whatnot, If not I think he'd be the top of C tier.
Mega man can stop time, and assuming this is 100% mega man, he has enough extra tanks to keep up his time stop and ammo long enough to riddle mario with holes less than a second into the match.

Tl;dr= Marth's falchion makes him immune to all non manakete attacks, so he's on permanent starman against all of the smash cast. (unless you count manakete=all dragons then mewtwo/lucario can use dragon pulse)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Tl;dr= Marth's falchion makes him immune to all non manakete attacks, so he's on permanent starman against all of the smash cast. (unless you count manakete=all dragons then mewtwo/lucario can use dragon pulse)
Can he be separated from it? And even still, does it have the power to beat the likes of Megaman and Mario? I'm not fond with Fire Emblem. And where does Ike stand?

josh bones

Smash Lord

S tier
:ganondorfmelee::mewtwopm::sonic::ness2:
G&W Tier
A tier.
B Tier
(:mario2::warioc::luigi2::yoshi2:),:ike:,:lucario:,:metaknight:,:dk2:,:lucas:

C tier
:link2:(All Links), :zeldamelee:/:sheikmelee:, :dedede:, Megaman, :fox:,:wolf:,:falcomelee:
D Tier (Human Tier)
E Tier

1: Wario is not the same as Mario bros.
2: Snake needs to be higher, military man.
3: jigglypuff is better than pichu, middle evo beats baby
4: WFT is fit better then villager.
5: switch lucario with rock.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Can he be separated from it? And even still, does it have the power to beat the likes of Megaman and Mario? I'm not fond with Fire Emblem. And where does Ike stand?
Ike has slain gods before, so i think he's pretty much good where he is.

The falchion is a weapon blessed by Naga and forged from her tooth before her death, Naga is basically Marth's goddess, but she's a dragon. Since the Falchion seals all damage from all non manakete attacks and can heal him, i'm assuming Marth can just lie down holding the falchion and take a nap with whoever wailing on him and doing nothing. However, the Falchion can only seal direct attacks (like being hit with something) edit: The falchion can heal him completely and instantly, oops.

To tell the truth, i came into this thread hoping to bump him up from D tier, but it turns out he can probably be a genuine threat to higher ups.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Ike has slain gods before, so i think he's pretty much good where he is.

The falchion is a weapon blessed by Naga and forged from her tooth before her death, Naga is basically Marth's goddess, but she's a dragon. Since the Falchion seals all damage from all non manakete attacks and can heal him, i'm assuming Marth can just lie down holding the falchion and take a nap with whoever wailing on him and doing nothing. However, the Falchion can only seal direct attacks (like being hit with something) so if Marth somehow gets diabetes or gets stuck in space and the Falchion can't heal him fast enough, he's dead.

To tell the truth, i came into this thread hoping to bump him up from D tier, but it turns out he can probably be a genuine threat to higher ups.
He's not in the first round tho

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I just say that pretty much all Pokemon with some exceptions should be at least C tier. Pokemon in general can cause Earthquakes, make tsunamis, cause eruptions, shoot powerful blasts of pure energy, etc. Let's not forget that if we go by Pokedex descriptions, some Pokemon are just outright OP. While Jiggs/Pikachu/Pichu may not have all those powers above (except Pikachu kinda does because lol event Surf and event Fly), they still have some crazy powers like causing powerful electric shocks are lulling people to sleep with simply a song.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
He's not in the round robin thing we're doing, so complain to raykz, also mention :dkmelee: for me plz
Dk? this should be all people need to know about his strength :smirk:
Since He didn't explode in the atmosphere, i can assume he can survive in space like Mario, and DK is obviously more powerful than mario if we're talking no power ups. w/ powerups i still think he can beat yoshi/wario. I guess @Raykz counted DK as part of mario's franchise, so he didn't make the cut (for some ridiculous reason)

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Hmmm most "gods" in Nintendo games prove to be actually mortal and can perish to humans.

I am going to guess that all these "gods" are just another organism that can use atoms and other physic crap to create these weapons. And transcend to other pockets of dimensions or whatever.

I mean palutena died(pretty much) to the chaos kin, hades died to pit, medusa died to pit.
These "gods" are lies!!!!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Okay, let's look at the middle ground here and see what we can change. Remember, this is NOT A RESEARCHED LIST so feel free to tell me what to change. Make cases for everyone at anytime possible.
S tier
:ganondorfmelee::mewtwopm::rosalina:
:sonic::ness2::pt:
G&W tier.
A Tier
:kirbymelee:,:marthmelee:,:metaknight::pit:,:samusmelee:,:bowser2:,:ike:

B tier
MEGAMAN, :lucario:,:lucas:,:dk2: :mario2:,:link2:,:roymelee::snake::sheilda:

C tier
, :zerosuitsamus:,:dedede::falcon:,:fox:,:warioc::wolf:,:yoshi2:,:diddy:

D Tier
:pikachumelee:,:jigglypuffmelee:,:pichumelee:,:icsmelee:, Villager, WFT, :olimar:,:rob:

Couple of conversation triggers.

- What is Lucas' power?
- What power does the Aura lend to Lucario and can it beat the likes of (rhymey) Ikes?
- Is Pokemon Trainer allowed to have any Pokemon he can catch or just the three from Brawl?
- ZSS, how strong is she without her suit and only her blaster? Need some Metroid fans from the Ridley thread to dip in :p
- Roy, where does he stand?

Last edited:

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Okay, let's look at the middle ground here and see what we can change. Remember, this is NOT A RESEARCHED LIST so feel free to tell me what to change. Make cases for everyone at anytime possible.

S tier
:ganondorfmelee::mewtwopm::rosalina:
:sonic::ness2::pt:
G&W tier.
A Tier
:kirbymelee:,:marthmelee:,:pit:,:samusmelee:,:bowser2:,:ike:,:metaknight:

C tier
:lucario:,:lucas:, :mario2:,:link2:,:roymelee::snake::sheilda:

D tier
:dk2: , :zerosuitsamus:,:dedede::falcon:,:fox:,:warioc::wolf:,:yoshi2:,:diddy:

E Tier
:pikachumelee:,:jigglypuffmelee:,:pichumelee:,:icsmelee:, Villager, WFT, :olimar:,:rob:

Couple of conversation triggers.

- What is Lucas' power?
- What power does the Aura lend to Lucario and can it beat the likes of (rhymey) Ikes?
- Is Pokemon Trainer allowed to have any Pokemon he can catch or just the three from Brawl?
- ZSS, how strong is she without her suit and only her blaster? Need some Metroid fans from the Ridley thread to dip in :p
- Roy, where does he stand?
Where is Mega Man?

Top Bottom