• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
mega man can slow down time then hit sonic with nepalm or nuclear bombs. or he can put him in a black hole

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
SS::mario2::luigi2::peach::kirby2::sonic::diddy::dk2::metaknight::dedede::bowser2::warioc::yoshi2:(Because they can all be invincible forever if they become dependent on drugs tier.)
S: :pt:(Because Arceus [Uber] tier)
A::link2::toonlink::pit::younglinkmelee:(Because more powerful beings rely on them tier)
B::sheilda::rosalina:(Because more powerful beings tier)
C::ganondorf:(Because a weakness is a weakness tier)
D::ness2::lucas:(Because I don't know about earthbound tier)
E::mewtwopm::lucario:(Because "Special" Pokemon Tier)
F::fox::zerosuitsamus::samus2::falco::wolf:Megaman(Because Guns, Ships and "human" frailty tier)
G::charizard::pikachu2::ivysaur::pichumelee::squirtle::jigglypuff:(Because Pokemon tier)
H::ike::roypm::marth:(Because Guns>Swords/Idk anything about Fire Emblem tier)
I::falcon::snake:(Because Gadgets tier)
J::rob::popo::gw:(Because dumb robot, hammer, and 2d object tier)
K:Villager, Wiifit trainer:drmario: (Because casuals tier)
L: :olimar:(Because 1 inch tall AKA garbage tier)

*yeah I'm bored

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
SS::mario2::luigi2::peach::kirby2::sonic::diddy::dk2::metaknight::dedede::bowser2::warioc::yoshi2:(Because they can all be invincible forever if they become dependent on drugs tier.)
S: :pt:(Because Arceus [Uber] tier)
A::link2::toonlink::pit::younglinkmelee:(Because more powerful beings rely on them tier)
B::sheilda::rosalina:(Because more powerful beings tier)
C::ganondorf:(Because a weakness is a weakness tier)
D::ness2::lucas:(Because I don't know about earthbound tier)
E::mewtwopm::lucario:(Because "Special" Pokemon Tier)
F::fox::zerosuitsamus::samus2::falco::wolf:Megaman(Because Guns, Ships and "human" frailty tier)
G::charizard::pikachu2::ivysaur::pichumelee::squirtle::jigglypuff:(Because Pokemon tier)
H::ike::roypm::marth:(Because Guns>Swords/Idk anything about Fire Emblem tier)
I::falcon::snake:(Because Gadgets tier)
J::rob::popo::gw:(Because dumb robot, hammer, and 2d object tier)
K:Villager, Wiifit trainer:drmario: (Because casuals tier)
L: :olimar:(Because 1 inch tall AKA garbage tier)

*yeah I'm bored
B-but Olimar can explode stars with the Nova Blaster! CLOBBER DAT DERE VILLAGEH WITH LASERS

IN THE HEAD :joyful:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Yo, WHAT THE ****!!!! When did all these characters become super-godlike superheroes?! Pit killing gods, Mewtwo apparently being a God himself...DK punching the moon?! :urg: Man, I must seriously be living 20 years in the past or something. At least I knew Ganon was immortal. And here I thought that Samus would be canonically invincible by the rest of the cast...

Either way, all this doesn't matter. All these characters will always be low-tiers in my heart.:troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is it wrong if I thought that Rosalina is the strongest? I mean, she IS the person who maintains order throughout the cosmos; something that none of the other characters are fully capable of. And it may even be possible that she gained eternal youth and immortality during her universal travels.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Alright, I am here to argue Marth's case and bump him up a few tiers, while he certainly is not top tier, he wields an extraordinary weapon that a lot of people underestimate.
The Falchion is "the legendary divine dragonslaying sword forged from Naga's fang after her death.". Basically, it's the fire emblem equivalent of the master sword, being blessed by and coming from the closest thing Akeneia has to a Goddess, so it's a pretty cool holy hand grenade.

Everyone wants to go by super OP best version of the weapons and characters, so i guess i'll do that as well.
The Falchion renders Marth immune to all non manakete direct attacks, basically meaning if it isn't a dragon person it won't hurt him, and even if he does get hurt the Falchion not only can be used to restore health, but it can automatically heal at regular intervals.
The Falchion is a bit OP when looked at like this, but whatever Marth is cool.

If we look at King Marth's Spotpass stats, we not only see that he is an exceptionally strong unit, we also get to see abilities he brings with him into battle, these abilities include:
Rightful King: basically makes the other abilities more likely to happen
Aegis: Halves damage from magic based attacks and the only thing that can hurt him, dragons.
Astra: A 5 for one deal on attacks, 5 quick half damage strikes.
Luna: Halves enemy defenses during a strike, basically a lesser critical hit that can still be stacked with a crit.
Sol: Heals half of damage done for health, as if marth didn't have enough healing already.

So as you can see, Marth is capable of kicking plenty of ass, so i believe he should be higher up when considering strength.

And also, if we're accounting for max strength characters here, Mega man having absorbed all robot master's skills will probably tear through half of the cast with his pinky finger. More into detail on Mega man and Ike/Roy when needed

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I've given this answer on gamefaqs before. I don't think this topic is suitable for a competitive forum, but if you really want to know, there's only one correct answer: Mr. Game & Watch. Just consider his role in the subspace emissary. The entire primid army was created by extracting his LCD fluid, but doing so had no effect whatsoever on Mr. Game & Watch. This is a definitive cannonical proof that Mr. Game & Watch has the ability to generate an infinite amount of mass. No power in the universe could begin to stand up to Mr. Game & Watch as he could just spawn a mass one billion times the mass of the universe to crush said power and everything else. Even if he didn't so something so drastic, just consider. Any opponent twice as strong as him could instantly be evenly matched when he doubled himself and outmatched by three of him. Even if Sonic were as strong as 1000 base G&Ws, why can't G&W just make 1001 and win? Nothing stops him from doing this, and it's not like the SSE thing is an isolated example of him acting in this way. Where else do you think that turtle that is almost as big as he is comes from if it's not created anew every time he uses bair?

Even ignoring his ability to spawn an infinite amount of mass, his other behavior due to his unusual physical properties is wildly broken. As a 2d object, from the start he's going to be very hard to see. It's unclear how exactly his special LCD fluid works on a quantum-mechanical level, but it's probably safe to say that the number of photons that reflect off his "thin" side that customarily faces foes is going to be far too small to make him visible from that angle at all, and the light scattering patterns any object of his shape (remember he's not "paper" thin; he's infinitely thin) would create would be so confusing to the eye that your mind would have a hard time forming a picture of what you are seeing. Mr. Game & Watch doesn't move through space in a continuous fashion either; simple observation of his movement shows that he actually chooses an endpoint when he moves and instantaneously begins to occupy the new space without ever passing through the space in-between. When you consider that he does in fact have mass and that momentum is a conserved quantity in physics, the ability to instantaneously alter his position is going to be highly disruptive to the environment around him (on top of how generally crazy overpowered truly free and instantaneous teleporting is on its own merits; he makes Sonic's ability to navigate a battlefield seem snail-like in comparison). You even have the sharpness; G&W has been shown to be a rigid object, but with his thinness, he would cut basically any material super easily due to being so overwhelmingly sharp. Since one of his fundamental properties is remaining 2d, it's not like he would break easily either; imagine taking a piece of paper and pushing on the thin side if it were completely impossible for the paper to move in any direction except straight back into the rest of the paper. Yeah, that's going to be a lot stronger than any ordinary substance; a simple punch from G&W would doubtless very easily slice through such materials as armor or human bone.

The rest of the characters have complex and debatable balance merits. Like Super Sonic seems powerful, but Yoshi's incredibly maneuverable toungue would have a great chance of stealing an emerald and swallowing it to both depower Sonic and take that power for himself, or Marth could use the power of the Falchion to pierce that aura directly. Of course, what is 1 range Marth going to do about Pikachu who can move faster than him and can summon down Thunder which Marth knows well likely has siege tome range? He just loses, but it also seems unlikely that Pikachu could do anything to Sonic who was easily defeated by Marth. I find this all gets very messy and subjective, but fortunately for us the single top spot is overwhelmingly clear and in fact towers over the rest so much that any battle involving all of the characters would be decided completely on this one character's incredible power. Mr. Game & Watch is the greatest character.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Alright, I am here to argue Marth's case and bump him up a few tiers, while he certainly is not top tier, he wields an extraordinary weapon that a lot of people underestimate.
The Falchion is "the legendary divine dragonslaying sword forged from Naga's fang after her death.". Basically, it's the fire emblem equivalent of the master sword, being blessed by and coming from the closest thing Akeneia has to a Goddess, so it's a pretty cool holy hand grenade.

Everyone wants to go by super OP best version of the weapons and characters, so i guess i'll do that as well.
The Falchion renders Marth immune to all non manakete direct attacks, basically meaning if it isn't a dragon person it won't hurt him, and even if he does get hurt the Falchion not only can be used to restore health, but it can automatically heal at regular intervals.
The Falchion is a bit OP when looked at like this, but whatever Marth is cool.

If we look at King Marth's Spotpass stats, we not only see that he is an exceptionally strong unit, we also get to see abilities he brings with him into battle, these abilities include:
Rightful King: basically makes the other abilities more likely to happen
Aegis: Halves damage from magic based attacks and the only thing that can hurt him, dragons.
Astra: A 5 for one deal on attacks, 5 quick half damage strikes.
Luna: Halves enemy defenses during a strike, basically a lesser critical hit that can still be stacked with a crit.
Sol: Heals half of damage done for health, as if marth didn't have enough healing already.

So as you can see, Marth is capable of kicking plenty of ***, so i believe he should be higher up when considering strength.

And also, if we're accounting for max strength characters here, Mega man having absorbed all robot master's skills will probably tear through half of the cast with his pinky finger. More into detail on Mega man and Ike/Roy later
finally someone with brains. megaman has a super form and hper form and he can also manipuate time for godsakes. he is ss tier nough said

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
I've given this answer on gamefaqs before. I don't think this topic is suitable for a competitive forum, but if you really want to know, there's only one correct answer: Mr. Game & Watch.
Welp GG shows over folks time to close the thread.

Mr. Game & Watch is the best.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Not sure about every character but here are some things to consider:

Ness tanked attacks from an abstract, universal-level threat.
Rosalina is a cosmic-level entity.
Mewtwo is a planet-buster, IIRC.

I think those three are among the strongest.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I haven't seen this but ...

Captain Falcon drives a vehicle at nearly 500km/h. Unless it's the futuristic technology, his body must be pretty ****ing dense if he can withstand that speed without tearing into pieces. His reflexes must also be extraordinary given the nature of the F-Zero games and how precise turns must be. I think he needs a bit more slack. Plus, hello? Falcon Punch anyone?

Game and Watch isn't of a world. He's basically a God, but not an all knowing, all good or even all present one. He just is. Neutrality at it's finest. Realistically he has no named IQ, strength or weight. He's also thin, and as AA pointed out, this thinness would mean he is sharp. It could be argued he is infinitely thin. Would his mass be 0? Or is he indestructable.

Also, cases for Bowser are wonky. The entire Mario universe is really (except maybe Rosalina). The StarRod is possessed by Paper Bowser. If Paper Mario is in the next Smash, then this means Bowser and Paper Bowser are different entities. If this is the case, Bowser cannot summon the StarRod and wish invincibility. It's also questionable what Bowser we're speaking of as he always alters in size, ability, and strength. He's never truly been killed however - like ever. When does Bowser actually die? Could we argue he is just ridded from the world, like Gannondorf. And if this is the case, what about Mario and Luigi. Can they die? In their world, they have 1-ups. If we're having this discussion, there needs to be rules in the OP about what qualifies and what form of the character we're speaking of. Mario could hold a bunch of stars in his inventory. (Also, sidenote, if Bowser can summon the Star Rod, anyone from the universe can then so to speak. If the event was dire, they would wish on the starrod to defeat Mewtwo or Gannon. Although idk about Mewtwo, can Victini wish Mewtwo defeated? The loopsholes in this discussion are infinite)

Sonic is up there. I really am too tired to dig for numbers, but he is fast. I'd say he's the fastest out of anyone in this discussion. Mewtwo can warp, but Sonic can just meet up with him wherever he warps to. And Super Sonic .... well that's leagues above anything (if we give Sonic the emeralds, but even still, they would need to be in Sonics universe so he can maintain his form. Is it not true he needs 50 rings to go Super? Or will we go by SA2 where he just transforms?)

Also, are we talking personality traits? Sonic can be playful and end up screwing up the fight because of his cockiness. Pokemon trainer inevitably needs to summon and tell the Pokemon what to do - can an 11yr old be all that bright?

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
LMAO you guys put pkmn trainer himself in s tier only cause you all assume he would have the creation trio and arceus?
Batman-Robin-Green-Arrow-Laugh-In-Old-School-Cartoon-Gif.gif

Gotta say here Mewtwo and Ganondorf are without a doubt the two most powerful characters in smash bros. The two are godlike.

You guys seem to mostly refer to Mewtwo with his psychic powers. Yes, Mewtwo is without a doubt an extremely powerful psychic (higher level than ness) but you seem to forget he has access to nearly the whole spectrum of elemental powers. Ice (beam), Fire (blast), aura (sphere), electricity (thunderbolt), enrgy (hyper beam), etc. Also he is considered in pokemon canon to be the most powerful pokemon as he was created by scientists to be just that. Obviously arceus takes that role, but let’s not forget mega mewtwo x and y are more powerful than arceus, the god of the pokeverse. And even in his regular form he is incredibly powerful. We can basically say he also has super speed (probably at least sound barrier), as his speed stat shows just that, based on its high level. We can also say technically he has high level superhuman strength based on his attack stat. Special goes into his powerful energy and elemental generation and manipulation. Also his legendary status and other stats shows he has insane superhuman durability. And his psychic power is in another ballpark. This is not me judging on the anime either, cause if I was, I would add that he used his psychic powers to generate a hurricane capable of destroying the world.

Ganondorf is easily on par with mewtwo or slightly above. He has monstrous superhuman strength, stamina, and durability. I am an avid comic reader so I use that comic mindset of measuring strength in tons. I would say Dorf is at least close to thor/hulk strength which puts him at 100+ tons. But I am not entirely sure on this. Not to mention he is a master of dark magic and energy, making him all the more dangerous. He is also a cunning master tactician and strategist. All of this kinda makes me sad he always loses for the sake of plot.

Speaking of always losing for the sake of plot, I say bowser is a threat too. His strength should be close to ganondorf or at least give him a challenge. Durability is high level too. Sadly, Mario games fail to show this, so its more of a personal gripe and thought.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I haven't seen this but ...

Captain Falcon drives a vehicle at nearly 500km/h. Unless it's the futuristic technology, his body must be pretty ****ing dense if he can withstand that speed without tearing into pieces. His reflexes must also be extraordinary given the nature of the F-Zero games and how precise turns must be. I think he needs a bit more slack. Plus, hello? Falcon Punch anyone?

Game and Watch isn't of a world. He's basically a God, but not an all knowing, all good or even all present one. He just is. Neutrality at it's finest. Realistically he has no named IQ, strength or weight. He's also thin, and as AA pointed out, this thinness would mean he is sharp. It could be argued he is infinitely thin. Would his mass be 0? Or is he indestructable.

Also, cases for Bowser are wonky. The entire Mario universe is really (except maybe Rosalina). The StarRod is possessed by Paper Bowser. If Paper Mario is in the next Smash, then this means Bowser and Paper Bowser are different entities. If this is the case, Bowser cannot summon the StarRod and wish invincibility. It's also questionable what Bowser we're speaking of as he always alters in size, ability, and strength. He's never truly been killed however - like ever. When does Bowser actually die? Could we argue he is just ridded from the world, like Gannondorf. And if this is the case, what about Mario and Luigi. Can they die? In their world, they have 1-ups. If we're having this discussion, there needs to be rules in the OP about what qualifies and what form of the character we're speaking of. Mario could hold a bunch of stars in his inventory. (Also, sidenote, if Bowser can summon the Star Rod, anyone from the universe can then so to speak. If the event was dire, they would wish on the starrod to defeat Mewtwo or Gannon. Although idk about Mewtwo, can Victini wish Mewtwo defeated? The loopsholes in this discussion are infinite)

Sonic is up there. I really am too tired to dig for numbers, but he is fast. I'd say he's the fastest out of anyone in this discussion. Mewtwo can warp, but Sonic can just meet up with him wherever he warps to. And Super Sonic .... well that's leagues above anything (if we give Sonic the emeralds, but even still, they would need to be in Sonics universe so he can maintain his form. Is it not true he needs 50 rings to go Super? Or will we go by SA2 where he just transforms?)

Also, are we talking personality traits? Sonic can be playful and end up screwing up the fight because of his cockiness. Pokemon trainer inevitably needs to summon and tell the Pokemon what to do - can an 11yr old be all that bright?

If items and wishes were taken into account then Ganondorf and Link would win every single fight. They both held the complete Triforce at some point and the Triforce is able to grant any wish you desire without the need to "summon it" or "use it", you just wish.

Let's create a sort of rule set for these matches and lets actually get the matches under way!

1-) Characters can only use items that are part of that character's identity - Single time items, or items that do not directly relate to that character are not usable

This means that characters like Link or Samus are able to use their whole arsenal of weapons, but things like the Star Rod or the complete Triforce which were only ever used once in a single game are not available for use. Items such as the Invincibility Star or the Chaos Emeralds can be used, but they would work exactly as they do on the games (meaning Mario would have to run after and catch an Invincibility Star and Sonic would have to "tranform" into Super Sonic, he wouldn't just instantly be Super).

2-) Characters do reflect their nature and/or personalities

Sonic is cocky, Kirby is innocent, Luigi is a wimp. All of these traits would actually be shown while fighting.

3-) Characters can use any ability that they themselves have used in any "cannon" portrayal (be it game, movie, anime or manga).

This means that Link would be able to use any item any of his past incarnations has used, the pokemons would be able to do anything that has been seen in the games, movies, anime and manga.

4-) The arena would be a vast open valley. There would be different terrains in the vicinity (in case a character could use a different terrain) such as mountains, rivers and a jungle.

This will help clear confusion as to where we are fighting.

5-) Before starting a fight both characters would be placed at the sides of the valley facing each other. A countdown is done down to 3 and then the fight would start.

6-) Fights are won only by killing or permanently incapacitating the opponent from fighting.

7-) There is no preparation before the countdown timer for the fight ends. Meaning no power-ups or gadget adjusting before a fight starts.

8-) No making up abilities unless it is something physically possible by the character.

What this means is that characters like Rosalina who have been known to create galaxies, stars and big bangs. She would be able to create things like supernovas or gigantic planets to smash them into opponents, but she wouldn't just be able to "kill her opponent because she has godlike powers". Try to remain as cannonly related as possible, if a character has not shown the ability to do something, unless its technically implied, he/she cannot do it.

9-) Characters do retain their physical stats. Olimar is less than one inch tall. Kirby is 6 inches tall, etc.

10-) Some rules from character universes are broken. The ridiculous ones that have no place in these fights.

Which ones do you ask? Well things like 1-Ups or Continues are present in most games and just do not have any place in this type of fights (unless the character is literally known for reviving). Things like: "He can kill any opponent in the game with this item so it should be able to kill all of the other fighters too" is also not taken into account unless the item/ability literally specifies that it is a one-hit kill to any living being.

Ok so with these rules let's present the fighters:

In order to shorten this discussion we will cut characters that are obviously inferior to other similar characters

Full Roster:

Mario (includes Dr. Mario)
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Wario
Yoshi
Samus (incles ZSS)
Link (includes Toon Link)
Zelda (includes Sheik but not Hylia)
Ganondorf (includes Ganon)
Marth
Roy
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Pikachu
Pichu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Red (includes National Dex)
Pit
Palutena
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Olimar
R.O.B
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer

Plus these added popular choice fighters:

Ridley
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Little Mac
Takamaru
Chrom + Lucina
Pac Man
Mii

Now let's cut some obvious choices out and let's try to trim down each respective franchise to the "strongest" of each franchise as proven by cannon inside the franchise
Note: Franchises that don't have an obvious "strongest" will not be cut down

Full Roster:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus
Pit
Palutena
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Red
Marth
Ike
Ness
Mr. Game and Watch
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Pac Man
Ridley
King K. Rool
Little Mac
Takamaru
Chrom + Lucina

Now let's further cut down those who are obviously outclassed (to the point where there is no debate possible) and have no way of actually being able to stand up a fight

Mario
Bowser
Rosalina
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus
Pit
Palutena
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Red
Marth
Ike
Ness
Mr. Game and Watch
Sonic
Megaman
Pac Man
Ridley

And so this is our final roster. The way to declare the "strongest" is who can win the most fights. Obviously there are some fights a character will win and some a character will lose and as such some rock, paper, scissors scenarios will be brought up (I.E.: Ganondorf vs Link, Link vs Sonic, Sonic vs Ganondorf)

As such, the winning condition is who can beat the most characters out of this list.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Legit, anyone arguing for Pkm Trainer to use the creation beings should pick some different legendaries, or at least leave out Girantina.

I mean, Dialga and Palkia aren't exactly best of friends, but Girantina would straight up initiate a grudge match that would probably kill everything in the immediate area.

My vote goes to Darkrai - instant sleep inducing into nightmares/dream eating. Victim would probably not even have time to register that he's asleep.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Legit, anyone arguing for Pkm Trainer to use the creation beings should pick some different legendaries, or at least leave out Girantina.

I mean, Dialga and Palkia aren't exactly best of friends, but Girantina would straight up initiate a grudge match that would probably kill everything in the immediate area.

My vote goes to Darkrai - instant sleep inducing into nightmares/dream eating. Victim would probably not even have time to register that he's asleep.

Red would have a hard time against anyone with a semi-fast draw ranged weapon (bow, blaster) as they would probably kill him while he summons his pokemon.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Anyone mention Kirby being able to crack the planet in half? That's gotta count for something.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Hmm this seems fun.

How good is Mewtwo against speed characters, particularly Sonic? Since Sonic Adventure, he's been able to travel at light speed (Light Speed Dash/ Attack) and since Sonic Heroes, he didn't need a power up to travel at those speeds anymore. Can Mewtwo react against someone traveling and fighting at least mach speed - light speed? How durable is Mewtwo? Can he take blows from a character that could slice through giant boulders and metal, crack through asteroids (Sonic Colors) and bust through giant battle ships (Sonic Heroes) without even going light speed?

Also, If PK trainer has his pokemon, does Sonic have his emeralds?

Last edited:

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Red would have a hard time against anyone with a semi-fast draw ranged weapon (bow, blaster) as they would probably kill him while he summons his pokemon.
Pokemon Special would beg to differ. Also, he has access to all pokemon. He probably would have at least sent something out before-hand. I mean, think about the ingenuity of having a Ditto doppelgänger to distract your opponents while you send out God itself?

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Hmm this seems fun.

How good is Mewtwo against speed characters, particularly Sonic? Since Sonic Adventure, he's been able to travel at light speed (Light Speed Dash/ Attack) and since Sonic Heroes, he didn't need a power up to travel at those speeds anymore. Can Mewtwo react against someone traveling and fighting at least mach speed - light speed? How durable is Mewtwo? Can he take blows from a character that could slice through giant boulders and metal, crack through asteroids (Sonic Colors) and bust through giant battle ships (Sonic Heroes) without even going light speed?

Also, If PK trainer has his pokemon, does Sonic have his emeralds?
Read my post above on mewtwo friend
EDIT:
@ Chiroz Chiroz
dont think mr. Game and watch should be counted. Amazing ampharos' post may be correct but he is just two dimensional in the game for the sake of representing his games. In reality he wouldnt be. So therefore he cant put up a fight.

Last edited:

RODO

Smash Ace
I also think we should only use game canon, since not every character has an anime or movie and it's not necessarily fair to those who don't.

And after reading through every page, seems a lot of people are sleeping on Pit which is odd considering he has defeated gods. He's basically the Nintendo version of Kratos just more family friendly obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:

josh bones

Smash Lord
I disagree, everything should be in a flat arena, what happens if we get an ocean, or a spike pit? This is why that doesn't work.

anything Mario can do luigi can do, so luigi NEEDS to be on that list, bowser is a joke without the star rod lol

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
8-) No making up abilities unless it is something physically possible by the character.

What this means is that characters like Rosalina who have been known to create galaxies, stars and big bangs. She would be able to create things like supernovas or gigantic planets to smash them into opponents, but she wouldn't just be able to "kill her opponent because she has godlike powers". Try to remain as cannonly related as possible, if a character has not shown the ability to do something, unless its technically implied, he/she cannot do it.
So... hypothetically Rosalina can cause the sun to go supernova, killing literally everyone considered alive in the immediate galaxy?

Who does that scenario leave alive? Pit, due to him not technically being mortal and Ganondorf due to him being immortal?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So... hypothetically Rosalina can cause the sun to go supernova, killing literally everyone considered alive in the immediate galaxy?

Who does that scenario leave alive? Pit, due to him not technically being mortal and Ganondorf due to him being immortal?
And Marth, because the Sun isn't a manakete. (but then he dies because no oxygen)

OH, edit: Mega man could also probably survive, Given he has a whole arsenal of shields he can use, and space is nothin to bad ass robots like him.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Well Mario and Bowser can survive the cold fabric of Smash. Mario's ground pound hit asteroids out of orbit into a planet sized Bowser.

Bowser also has survived some sticky situations. He's been burned alive. And his body always changes sizes so, his skin must be pretty thick.

Rosalina would be arguably the strongest in the Mario universe. But she never truly fights except for this upcoming Smash game. All we know is she created a supernova and made a new galaxy. So if she's at the top, she is below Ganondorf and Mewtwo. Let's just look at oour top contenders

Ganondorf - Only weakness is Master Sword (ONLY the tried and true Master Sword, any blessed objects such as light arrows merely stun him.), He can take on multiple forms, He is often just incapacitated by those who do not hold the Master Sword, Light arrows or Silver Arrows. At the end of the timelines, he has been slain. But often times he just returns again, so there's no definitive way to say if he's immortal or not. The reaches of his power allow him to summon minions, summon portals, wield swords, put lands into darkness, and create magic barriers. Even without the triforce of power, (allowing him almost complete invulnerability) he is a strong combatant.

Mewtwo - Perhaps someone more qualified with Pokemon Knowledge can do his section.

Rosalina - she is of human nature but (somehow) ascended to be a sort of Goddess. She can summon force fields around large objects (Comet observatory) and has the ability to create supernovas. She also has Lumas at her disposal at will. Lumas are able (As seen in Mario Galaxy) to transforms into whatever they feel like. I don't know how far this reaches though. Her personality is of good, so this could effect how she would battle. Speaking of which, this smash is the first time she actually fights, so it's uncertain if she participates in hand to hand combat.

Sonic - It's not placed how fast he can go, but Sonic has surpassed speeds of Mach 1, and not just by Sonic lyrics. In game gives us he clocks in at speeds at about 765 m/h. In Sonic Unleashed checkpoints give you a look of how fast you're going, and a max boost, he moves at 2,500mph. There are other examples of higher speeds but those are just ambiguous manuals and in game descriptions. He has incredible reflexes on top of all this. He shows superhuman strength as he is able to tear through battleships, robots and natural masses. His downside is his impatience and cockiness, but this also lends him an iron will. I imagine Ganondorf or Mewtwo would be able to capitalize on these traits to their advantage. Also, Sonic (given the chaos emeralds) has the ability to go Super Sonic. Super Sonic allows Sonic near invincibility, but it is on a timer based on how many rings he has. Given the mixed nature of this, we'll give him 50 to start if he chooses to use it (usually starts with this many in cannon). Super Sonic can break light speed ... so yeah, that's a thing. However, for whatever reason, Sonic can't swim. Lately he is able to use his spin jump in water to continue an active jump so this has become less an issue. Oh yes, Sonic can also use Chaos Control, which allows him to stop time to warp. Lately he doesn't do this. However, it is shown to be able to warp back in time.

Other contenders that others can chime in on --> Ness, Kirby, Pit and Bowser

By my POV, I'd say the top looks a bit like this

1. :ganondorf: - Weakness to Link, Zelda and possibly any other holy characters that can be assumed Gods. I'll loosely add Pit, Palutena and Rosalina here for discussion
2. :mewtwopm: - Again, someone else can determine his details and how he can be beat. But everyone agrees he's at the top somewhere.
3. :sonic: - Could harm Gannondorf but not make him meet his demise. If Super Sonic qualifies as a blessed being (Chaos emeralds) then he could stand a chance to incapacitate him to the twilight realm or something.

3. :nessmelee: Many are making a case for Ness, but can he beat Sonic and Mewtwo?
4.:rosalina: - Power is presented, but not ever shown in combat. She can use her insane power, the question is would she? She also appears to be a human, or atleast represents a human, that needs food or water to survive (or starbits; see the Library in Super Mario Galaxy).

My opinon, :gawmelee: would qualify. He would be unbeatable to anyone who can't see him in 2 dimensions. Although he is either infinitely powerful or infinitely weak. But could Ganondorf beat him? Mewtwo, Sonic and Ness could as both Ness and Mewtwo have some PSY business going on, and Sonic can break the speed of light. Ganondorf may not be defeated by him, but G&W wouldn't be able to be beat by him either.

:mariomelee:/:bowsermelee: would be the top of the next tier, separating from near invulnerability god like characters to characters that can die.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Hmm, Ganondorf and Mewtwo come to mind, but I also believe Ness has the potential to be pretty destructive as well. I'm sure over time as his PSI abilities matured even further, he could be capable of mind control, similar to Mewtwo. The only issue is Ganondorf, unless Ness learned a form of holy psychic energy, Ganondorf would be out of reach.

Referring to Ness' PK Flash completely totalling Porky here. Not only this, but at the beginning of his journey in Earthbound he got out of bed and began beating wild dogs with a cracked bat at lv 1, that's pretty badass if you ask me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom