• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
If it has mass, it's affected by gravity. Everything is affected by gravity. It's one of the four fundamental forces. Without it, we'd be dead. So, considering that everything is affected by gravity, these objects would need to be floating by some means.
By means such as what?
Or it's just a game design as you'll see below.

That's an assertion. You know the game is programmed a certain way. You know the game is designed a certain way.
Yes, but that doesn't explain anything in-universe.
For example, look at Ceres Station. Look at the platforms on the far left and the stairs leading up/downstairs. I don't know about you, but that's pretty bad design, especially if I was a scientist working there and needed to go upstairs to get to the docking bay.
Impractical architectural design is one thing. Defying the laws of physics is another.
It would, which is what I've been saying.
Then can we not assume that the cannonballs float due to "magic", as you put it? (Or simply different physics and all that.)
I've also been saying that if we use our physics, then we should ignore the speed of the cannonballs in the game and use the actual speed of a cannonball.
In that case, should we ignore Mario's jump height in game and use a regular human's jump height instead?
Yes. It's reliable because you can determine the acceleration of the x- and y-axes. That's all you need to know. Then you can do the rest. And before you doubt this, yes, I have spoken with people who actually know more about physics than I do. If you're interested, one of the people from a site called Gaia goes by the name "Vannak". He did this kind of calculation for me in the past before I understood how he did it. My results were consistent with his using the same numbers.
So, from my understanding, it's based on the speed of the missiles during the boss (or rather, it's gravity attacks), correct?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
By means such as what?
I don't know. I really don't care.

Yes, but that doesn't explain anything in-universe.
It doesn't need to.

Impractical architectural design is one thing. Defying the laws of physics is another.
Odd that when broken, the bricks fall.

Then can we not assume that the cannonballs float due to "magic", as you put it? (Or simply different physics and all that.)
Or maybe the cannonballs are launched in a hard vacuum.

In that case, should we ignore Mario's jump height in game and use a regular human's jump height instead?
No, because jumping and falling coincide with our physical laws.

So, from my understanding, it's based on the speed of the missiles during the boss (or rather, it's gravity attacks), correct?
It relies on the acceleration of a projectile, the gravitational acceleration, the distance it covers and the height from the surface, and vectors.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It doesn't need to.
I'd think it would, considering that this is a canon-based discussion.
Odd that when broken, the bricks fall.
Quite. I believe that the same thing occurs when Mario jumps on a cannonball.
Or maybe the cannonballs are launched in a hard vacuum.
Last I checked, the upper atmosphere isn't a vacuum.
No, because jumping and falling coincide with our physical laws.
So, since when do cannonballs not fall in our world?
It relies on the acceleration of a projectile, the gravitational acceleration, the distance it covers and the height from the surface, and vectors.
Do these variables change when outside of the boss fight, compared to when gravity is being affected?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'd think it would, considering that this is a canon-based discussion.
Game designs aren't necessarily canon. For example, it's doubtful that Termina is that small and that only that many people live in Clock Town.

Quite. I believe that the same thing occurs when Mario jumps on a cannonball.
The cannonball is moving at least and we know why it's moving. Step on these brick blocks and they don't break. Some even change their appearance if Mario punches them. Here's some interesting information. "One day the kingdom of the peaceful mushroom people was invaded by the Koopa, a tribe of turtles famous for their black magic. The quiet, peace-loving Mushroom People were turned into mere stones, bricks, and even field horsehair plants, and the Mushroom Kingdom fell into ruin." - Super Mario Bros. manual, p. 2. Magic. Specifically, dark. Well, all right, it should read "powerful", not "dark", and "horsehair" should be "horsetail". This refers to Equisetum. Also, Bowser is "the Great Demon King Koopa".

Last I checked, the upper atmosphere isn't a vacuum.
It's pretty damn near. It'd take longer for an object to fall. Of course, I don't think this is the case.

So, since when do cannonballs not fall in our world?
It'd take a while before a cannonball dropped to the ground if and only if the cannonball was launched at very high speeds. The velocity would be enough to travel long distance in spite of the normal, frictional and gravitational force. The range we see in the Mario games isn't enough for us to observe it falling. It usually disappears once it's off the screen.

Do these variables change when outside of the boss fight, compared to when gravity is being affected?
Yes. (In Metroid: Other M, there are two locations where the same gravity affects Samus. One flips her upside-down and the other just pushes down on her. Without the extreme gravity, an object like a missile will be able to travel farther because there's nothing pushing down on it. Gravity will still affect it, as will frictional force and normal force, but gravitational force won't be as strong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Game designs aren't necessarily canon. For example, it's doubtful that Termina is that small and that only that many people live in Clock Town.
I'm sure there's supposed to be a bigger area besides the playable one. A limited game area is one thing; floating platforms are another.
The cannonball is moving at least and we know why it's moving. Step on these brick blocks and they don't break. Some even change their appearance if Mario punches them.
That's because Mario can't destroy the brick blocks by stepping on them. He can, however, destroy them with a ground pound.
Here's some interesting information. "One day the kingdom of the peaceful mushroom people was invaded by the Koopa, a tribe of turtles famous for their black magic. The quiet, peace-loving Mushroom People were turned into mere stones, bricks, and even field horsehair plants, and the Mushroom Kingdom fell into ruin." - Super Mario Bros. manual, p. 2. Magic. Specifically, dark. Well, all right, it should read "powerful", not "dark", and "horsehair" should be "horsetail". This refers to Equisetum. Also, Bowser is "the Great Demon King Koopa".
These cannonballs also apply to Bowser, so the same magic could be at work here. That is only for the original Super Mario Bros., though, and it's not mentioned in the other games. Also, it doesn't mention other types of floating platforms.
It'd take a while before a cannonball dropped to the ground if and only if the cannonball was launched at very high speeds. The velocity would be enough to travel long distance in spite of the normal, frictional and gravitational force. The range we see in the Mario games isn't enough for us to observe it falling. It usually disappears once it's off the screen.
What about Bullet Bills, then? You can follow those to the end of a stage if you're swift enough, and they don't descend.
Yes. (In Metroid: Other M, there are two locations where the same gravity affects Samus. One flips her upside-down and the other just pushes down on her. Without the extreme gravity, an object like a missile will be able to travel farther because there's nothing pushing down on it. Gravity will still affect it, as will frictional force and normal force, but gravitational force won't be as strong.
How much farther can it travel without the gravitational effects, out of curiosity?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm sure there's supposed to be a bigger area besides the playable one. A limited game area is one thing; floating platforms are another.
It's not a big issue like you're making it out to be.

These cannonballs also apply to Bowser, so the same magic could be at work here. That is only for the original Super Mario Bros., though, and it's not mentioned in the other games. Also, it doesn't mention other types of floating platforms.
No they don't. There's no indication of magic being used to make these cannonballs. There is the use of magic in the creation of brick blocks, however. Again, the fact that some of these brick blocks become a metallic block or whatever when they're hit tells you they're not normal bricks. Probably because they're magical. (Well, they are.)

What about Bullet Bills, then? You can follow those to the end of a stage if you're swift enough, and they don't descend.
True. Step on them and they do. Maybe they have a thrust that allows this, kind of like an airplane.

How much farther can it travel without the gravitational effects, out of curiosity?
More than 60 meters. Being military-grade missiles, they should be able to travel farther. In the Metroid Prime trilogy, they travel farther than 100 meters, but I was only working with 100 meters to do this calculation.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It's not a big issue like you're making it out to be.
It pertains to our current discussion.
No they don't. There's no indication of magic being used to make these cannonballs. There is the use of magic in the creation of brick blocks, however. Again, the fact that some of these brick blocks become a metallic block or whatever when they're hit tells you they're not normal bricks. Probably because they're magical. (Well, they are.)
Well, they do come out in unlimited numbers from these tiny little cannons:

It seems impossible (tiny cannons can't hold infinite cannonballs), but some sort of magic could explain it.
True. Step on them and they do. Maybe they have a thrust that allows this, kind of like an airplane.
Airplanes have wings. Bullet Bills don't.
More than 60 meters. Being military-grade missiles, they should be able to travel farther. In the Metroid Prime trilogy, they travel farther than 100 meters, but I was only working with 100 meters to do this calculation.
Interesting. Do we know the weight of missiles, or their propulsion force? If not, I'm not sure that an accurate calculation can be made. Actually, aren't they unaffected by gravity in the Metroid games?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It pertains to our current discussion.
And you're not satisfied with the fact that it's programmed that way.

Well, they do come out in unlimited numbers from these tiny little cannons:

It seems impossible (tiny cannons can't hold infinite cannonballs), but some sort of magic could explain it.
It could, or it could just be like how war wasp hives or ki-hunter hives are infinite until the hives themselves are destroyed. This is typical of video games.

Airplanes have wings. Bullet Bills don't.
They don't need to have wings. They just need a thrust like a missile.

Interesting. Do we know the weight of missiles, or their propulsion force? If not, I'm not sure that an accurate calculation can be made. Actually, aren't they unaffected by gravity in the Metroid games?
I don't know the weight or the thrust, but you haven't given any reason on why that's even necessary. Considering missiles are affected by gravity . . .

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
And you're not satisfied with the fact that it's programmed that way.
Because that gives us no explanation in terms of canon.
It could, or it could just be like how war wasp hives or ki-hunter hives are infinite until the hives themselves are destroyed. This is typical of video games.
Wasps coming out of a hive (where they presumably breed) and cannons coming out of a small space are two different things.
They don't need to have wings. They just need a thrust like a missile.
Missiles have wings, no?
I don't know the weight or the thrust, but you haven't given any reason on why that's even necessary. Considering missiles are affected by gravity . . .
If you're determining the force of gravity based on how quickly the missiles drop, it would seem rather necessary to know their weight.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Because that gives us no explanation in terms of canon.
I don't see why it needs to.

Wasps coming out of a hive (where they presumably breed) and cannons coming out of a small space are two different things.
These wasps are at least a meter long. They're not your typical wasp.

Missiles have wings, no?
More like flaps. The engines of an airplane are located below the wings.

If you're determining the force of gravity based on how quickly the missiles drop, it would seem rather necessary to know their weight.
No it wouldn't because g = 2h/t^2 doesn't take into consideration the mass of an object. It just considers the distance and time. An RPG-7 has a warhead ranging from 2 to 4.5 kg.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I don't see why it needs to.
We're having a discussion based on canon.
These wasps are at least a meter long. They're not your typical wasp.
How big are the nests?
More like flaps. The engines of an airplane are located below the wings.
I don't see how the position of the engine is relevant. Wings are wings.
No it wouldn't because g = 2h/t^2 doesn't take into consideration the mass of an object. It just considers the distance and time. An RPG-7 has a warhead ranging from 2 to 4.5 kg.
Looking back at your calculations, are you sure that missiles from Fusion only travel a meter? If so, is this due to gravity pulling it down, or the missile exploding (or something along those lines)? Could you provide a video?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
We're having a discussion based on canon.
Sometimes things can only be explained by how the game was programmed.

How big are the nests?
Here's a video. It's those orange colored objects hanging on the wall and ceiling.

I don't see how the position of the engine is relevant. Wings are wings.

They're relevant.

Looking back at your calculations, are you sure that missiles from Fusion only travel a meter? If so, is this due to gravity pulling it down, or the missile exploding (or something along those lines)? Could you provide a video?
They don't even travel a meter. This is due to the extreme gravity.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Sometimes things can only be explained by how the game was programmed.
So in-universe, we chalk it up as "just because", then.
Here's a video. It's those orange colored objects hanging on the wall and ceiling.
I see.
I don't see anything really pertaining to missiles there. If anything, they'd fall under "small aircraft", which can have their engines in the rear (like missiles).
They don't even travel a meter. This is due to the extreme gravity.
They seem unaffected when travelling horizontally.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
So in-universe, we chalk it up as "just because", then.
Or in the case of the brick blocks being a result of powerful magic, we can attribute it to magic.

I don't see anything really pertaining to missiles there. If anything, they'd fall under "small aircraft", which can have their engines in the rear (like missiles).
I thought you were talking about airplanes.

They seem unaffected when travelling horizontally.
They're affected. The player uses the missiles close to the target, so it just seems that way. I'm not sure where I'd be able to find another video where missiles would be fired horizontally. I don't have any device to upload anything, but I've played through Fusion enough times to experiment. The only thing not affected by the gravity are the beams, which comes to no surprise, since the plasma beam is described as "three lasers".

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Or in the case of the brick blocks being a result of powerful magic, we can attribute it to magic.
And the cannonballs/Bullet Bills?
I thought you were talking about airplanes.
No, I'm talking about missiles (and Bullet Bills).
They're affected. The player uses the missiles close to the target, so it just seems that way. I'm not sure where I'd be able to find another video where missiles would be fired horizontally. I don't have any device to upload anything, but I've played through Fusion enough times to experiment. The only thing not affected by the gravity are the beams, which comes to no surprise, since the plasma beam is described as "three lasers".
The missiles don't fall at all when fired; there's not even an arcing trajectory. If the gravity was so intense that a missile with upwards thrust plummets to the ground, I'd expect to see a similar effect on missiles with purely horizontal thrust.

By the way, what would happen if Samus were to enter the boss fight without the gravity suit?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
And the cannonballs/Bullet Bills?
What about them?

The missiles don't fall at all when fired; there's not even an arcing trajectory.
Yes they do. I would know since I've played the games. In Metroid: Other M, there is an arcing.

If the gravity was so intense that a missile with upwards thrust plummets to the ground, I'd expect to see a similar effect on missiles with purely horizontal thrust
That's what happens. You just couldn't see how the missiles looked horizontally in that video because the player didn't allow for that to happen. The player was too close to the target that firing a missile instantly exploded.

By the way, what would happen if Samus were to enter the boss fight without the gravity suit?
It affects her, too. She's slowed down and she can't jump as high. You have to fight Nightmare in both Metroid: Other M and Metroid Fusion without the gravity suit. In the former, Samus activates it as she's being pulled out into space. The latter, she acquires the gravity suit from Nightmare after defeating it.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
What about them?
How do you explain them?
Yes they do. I would know since I've played the games. In Metroid: Other M, there is an arcing.
Do you have a video of this?
That's what happens. You just couldn't see how the missiles looked horizontally in that video because the player didn't allow for that to happen. The player was too close to the target that firing a missile instantly exploded.
I see them fly horizontally around 0:39.
It affects her, too. She's slowed down and she can't jump as high. You have to fight Nightmare in both Metroid: Other M and Metroid Fusion without the gravity suit. In the former, Samus activates it as she's being pulled out into space. The latter, she acquires the gravity suit from Nightmare after defeating it.
So Samus lacks the gravity suit in the Nightmare video?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
No, lore says that Hypernova uses suction. Black holes do not use suction.
Lore says that Hypernova is a black hole, and that it uses suction, so it's a black hole that uses suction. Simple.
Kirby's stomach isn't a black hole; it relies on suction, and when we see inside his stomach, there's no signs of spaghettification.
Hypernova Kirby's insides are different than regular Kirby's.
Not anywhere near the level of an actual black hole. It's a glorified bottomless pit.
Hypernova isn't the same.
Black holes don't rely on suction.
See above.
The explosion has more energy, so it requires charging of said energy.
I don't see how this means that it has to be charged.
So in every playthrough that has ever been played of this game, Kirby always hits Marx in the wings? Even then, it would only be for one of the wings; both of them spread.
I'm referring to the blast that appears right when Marx launches off, which would be from Kirby's attack. It hits both his wings.
A cannon doesn't damage its cannonball, and yet it launches it up into the air.
Because cannonballs are made of metal, not because things that launch up don't damage.
Why can I not have two counterarguments for your two arguments?
It was all one argument.
You're saying that because Kirby can inhale the electrical energy in his games, then he can inhale Samus's much more powerful blast. It's extrapolation.
Just because it's powerful, doesn't mean Kirby can't suck it up. It's a vacuum, not a shield.
Electricity is attracted to skin; in close proximity, it'll jump right to the skin. The same principle applies here.
It might try to jump to it, but I seriously doubt it will go around Inhale, seeing as it covers Kirby's whole face.
See 1:40.
Show me the game examples.
See 11:25.
Yes, but more specifically, a counter to my argument that Kirby did not launch Marx Soul.
So neither of our points about Marx Soul have evidence.
If he's flying downwards, he's going towards the ground; but here, he's staying in the air.
The upward and downward motion would have contradicted each other, causing him to go nowhere.
And you have no proof that he told the truth.
He's writing in his journal. For himself. Why would he lie to himself?
Oh, I thought you were referring to the spinning attack. He's in the background during most of it, so he's safe from Kirby.
He's not in the background. As you can see a few seconds later, he flies onto the platform without flying forward.
Prove that they use their strongest attacks. "More powerful" =/= "most powerful".
I'm going to dismiss your argument now, because you don't understand what I'm saying.
Kirby's durability represented by his health bar, even if we're not actually using the health bar.
He has planetary durability. His health bar doesn't represent that.
Yes, but that's not my point; my point is that it takes few hits (depending on their power) to destroy him.
Six hits > a few.
Yes, but the rule is not in effect in these battles.
Um, what?
I figured you'd say that. Mega Mewtwo is about nine times faster than the Slowpoke, so we can deduce that Magic Room speeds up the user by about nine times their regular speed.
Trick Room, not Magic Room.

I would agree, but Trick Room doesn't speed up the user.
Nothing about the specific moves in there.
They're all included under "attacks" (another way to say "moves").
Do these effects include invincibility?
Nope.

By the way, you're still going against a rule that was already settled.
That's a different game, and a different attack.
The game and attack are irrelevant.
So we apply Magic's time limit here, then.
Agreed, along with all of Meta Knight's abilities.
That's only adding upwards momentum. It doesn't negate horizontal knockback. Unless you can provide an example of Kirby getting launched a far distance by an enemy attack, and then another example of that same attack hitting Kirby and Kirby puffing up to negate the knockback, I can't reach that conclusion.
That's too specific for there to be a video.
Then what are you trying to say?
That he can't have a brain, because the portal would stop it from working.
Prove that Kirby is different.
No creatures in real life are pink, eight inches tall, and round with stubby arms. None of them can be flattened, or puff up to fly, use Copy Abilities, or have stomachs for portals.
And the analogy is still intact; both are guns in the analogy, and both are attacks in the case of the bosses.
How does that go against my case?
Yes, it's forced by the sun emitting rays.
Which isn't impact.
A) Which would be surrounding him at this point.
B) He'd need to wait for the Copy Ability to take effect.
A) And extinguished by his water.
B) Which takes less than a second.
A) He's flinching, which is very similar (and very similar to what Kirby experiences).
B) Don't you have to charge it in that game?
A) So he flinches, but no hitstun.
B) Nope.
A) Okay.
B) I could probably find a video of this, but I don't think I need to. Boosting while using the Spin Attack shouldn't be necessary when Sonic is already packing 45212697.67 pounds of force with just ramming into opponents.
A) That's with Silver, and it's not freezing time. No video proof that Sonic can freeze time here.
B) Fair enough.
I have fun while playing Smash Brothers, but it doesn't hamper my abilities.
Point?
I seem to remember the front half of the volcano that was mentioned way back when sliding down, or falling.
The lore mentioned a mountain, but not a volcano.
Whoops, my words got strange there. :p Kirby is chopping, say, Bowser's right arm off, correct? While he's busy doing that, Bowser's left fist can punch him since Kirby is focused on the right arm.
Unless he's standing on the left fist (which he is).
It's also visually the same as the other attacks, which don't involve charging and thus don't move at Mach 5.
It's not visually the same as other attacks.
I'd imagine that tumbling out of the spaceship like he does at the beginning of the game would hurt a bit.
Kirby, not Olimar.
And this is relevant because...?
Popon couldn't be seen before the telescope, so it's different.
Mario is shooting Kirby with a projectile bigger than he is at point blank range. The fireball will reach Kirby in far less than a second, likely less than even half of one. Kirby's flight just seems far too slow to dodge the fireball itself, let alone the large shockwave it creates when it hits something.
Kirby's flight is plenty fast enough to dodge the fireball, and it's not like Mario could get that close in the first place.
Except he's still hit by the shockwave.
He can heal his damage easily.
Not ones that turn anything they touch into gold.
What does gold have to do with anything?
Kirby doesn't turn anything that tries to attack him into gold; he doesn't have any properties that would get in the way of Mario attacking him. The Gold Flower has projectiles that turn things into gold upon contact, so if Kirby tries to punch it, he'll get turned into gold.
Kirby wouldn't even try to punch it. If he wanted to destroy it, he'd use a projectile.
Not nearly quick enough.
All he'd have to do is fly, and the fireball would go under him quickly.
Do you have video of this?
14:50.
Which is?
Popstar has a lot of mass.
Meanwhile, the fireball hits him while he's shuffling through his forms.
Kirby jumps/flies over it, or just inhales it.
Because of a game mechanic. It's the same reason Sonic can eat food while curled into a ball (where his mouth isn't very accessible) in Smash Brothers.
It acts the same way as the power-ups that transform him.
Everyone seems to jump into the hat, which is understandable. Sadly, this means that I cannot find a video of anyone doing it on the ground. It does happen, though.
I actually have seen one (but I lost the link), and I recall him glowing or something when he put on the cap, indicating a transformation.
If you throw a hammer at someone's head, I can guarantee that it'll do some major damage.
I don't.
Quite a bit over 45212697.67 pounds of force (that's the pound force equivalent of 61,300,187 joules).
Kirby can dish out more force.
It'll take three hits, actually, and Mario's foot won't be stopped.
Kirby can get in more than three hits with attacks like Fire Breath. If you're putting your foot somewhere where it gets hurt, why wouldn't you move it away?
When does Kirby destroy a planet?
He's wiped out plenty of planetary+ foes in the past.
And neither are Mega Stones.
They're regarded the same way to Magic Room, like one item.
In the real world, muscles store energy separately. This is most likely an exaggerated example of that principle.
Ember and Blast Burn obviously don't have muscle usage.
Then where are you getting the "bonus" part from?
Good question.
Yes, that would add to the speed, which would determine the force.
Alright then.
The speed of light isn't an acceleration; it's, well, a speed. A measurement of acceleration would be, say, 1/5 of the speed of light per second.
As you can see, the explosion actually does accelerate. It starts to get slow, and then becomes much faster.
The flash of light was, but the bolt wasn't at Kirby's position.
Meaning he can react to things at light speed.
Except he's spinning on his Warp Star, busy inhaling.
Which would make Sonic have to wait before he went into attack. During the wait, Kirby can stop spinning and prepare for it, or just adjust so he inhales/attacks Sonic.
And Kirby inhaling gives Sonic the chance to freeze time or simply go behind Kirby.
How would he inhale Sonic if Sonic's getting sucked in?
It's not a statement from the game; it's a statement from Olimar.
Olimar's in the game, so it was a statement from the game.
So using the knife will destroy it?
No. Point?

Explain the platforms, coins, and brick blocks here then.
The Warp Pipes, the Piranha Plants, Mario, the Koopa Troopas, the castle, the trees, the flowers, the towers, the grass, and the mountains are all affected by gravity. Other items, like Fire Flowers or the Poltergust 5000, are affected by gravity as well.
Not to mention that the Star Bits are from Super Mario Galaxy, which introduces a whole new mess of nonsensical gravity.
What sort of nonsensical gravity?
Then they're compressed liquid.
Compressed liquid would deflect itself.
Your hand can't slap and punch at the same time because one involves it being a fist, whereas the other involves your hand being open. The wand doesn't have to be in two different states to create a force field and allow Rosalina to teleport.
I've got plenty of other examples. A pen drawing a picture of a cat, and drawing a picture of a dog. A battery powering a remote control, and powering a flashlight. A keyboard typing an essay, and typing a story. Unless you can prove Rosalina can do this, don't bring it up.
She has all of those.
She doesn't have C.
I wonder how Kirby would manage to do that.
With Hypernova.
Except there are many Lumas firing many Star Bits and creating many galaxies containing many black holes. Strength in numbers.
There aren't really that many Lumas.
A) If he truly can go anywhere, then yes (given he actually goes there first).
B) He can only attack so many Lumas during that time, though. He won't get to them all in time (especially if Rosalina uses some force fields).
A) Lumas don't go where their black holes are.
B) Then he boards the Warp Star.
That's not nearly far enough to escape a black hole's AOE.
The black hole doesn't have that great an AoE in the first place. He just needs to teleport up.
How large are the craters?
blastbig.PNG

craterbig.PNG

1. They can by turning into galaxies that contain them.
  2. When does he escape a black hole with his amount of suction power?
  3. There are too many Lumas for Kirby to stop in time.
  4. How would that happen?
  5. Unless Rosalina planned carefully and kept her distance. Even if it did, Rosalina & Luma still win, because the Lumas are still alive.
  6. Once he tries to attack, he's done for.
  7. Why would it get sucked in?
  1. Which doesn't help. There's no guarantee that the black holes will go somewhere useful.
  2. There is an enemy called Schwarz, and it creates black holes to attack Kirby. Kirby can escape them.
  3. That's easy with Crash, Mike, Paint, Cook, or Magic.
  4. Kirby throws her in a black hole.
  5. Kirby is holding Rosalina, she can't go anywhere. Only Rosalina and one Lumas have to be killed for Kirby to win.
  6. How can a Luma in the middle of transformation do a thing to him?
  7. Because it's near a black hole.
The Lumas can go anywhere on the battlefield.
Point?
Why exactly could he not move something?
He can, but he has to hit it.
After which he commences attacking.
Which Marth counters.
Which are?
Moving.
They only occur every turn.
Frequent enough.
Because the Chaos Emeralds had lost their energy.
How?
He could use an invincibility power-up.
What power-up, and can it stop deity attacks?
He saw the earth, which was being split apart.
A) He didn't see it splitting apart in the video.
B) He didn't see anyone to fight.
Naga > Overminds.
They're stated to contain "ultimate power" (the Chaos Emeralds, that is). Their origins aren't known for sure, but since the Master Emerald was created by the gods (the creators of Sonic's world), then it seems that they created the Chaos Emeralds as well.
Naga (the source of Darksphere) has ultimate power too. The deities didn't create the Chaos Emeralds.

I said, "exactly". A bomb is a powerful force, but it does not corrupt (at least, not in this sense of the word).
A bomb can corrupt, actually.
Whoops! I meant powerful lasers. :p
Power Bombs aren't lasers. When a laser penetrates a mirror, it gets weaker.
The attacks can be negated by the crying status.
Level systems are irrelevant here. Prove why, in a level-system-free environment (although still with the force, attack power, buffs, etc they present), Ness would defeat Sonic, who can freeze time and speedblitz Ness before he could begin to blink.
I wasn't referring to levels as in RPG levels; I was referring to levels as in power levels, that can apply to every fictional character. Ness' power level is universal, while Sonic's isn't, so Ness wins. For extra support for the claim, I'm going to use Dryn's system, and your system, of determining who wins a battle, as well.

Strength: Ness (Ness' physical attacks can break through diamond.)
Speed: Ness (Ness is omnipresent to an extent.)
Durability: Ness (Giygas is a universe destroyer, but Ness can still survive his destruction.)
Reaction: Ness (Ness can react to, and even dodge, beams.)
Equipment: Sonic (The Chaos Emeralds give him access to Super Sonic, a powerful form.)
Miscellaneous: Ness (His PSI can counter powerful attacks and moves.)
Winner: Ness

:ness2: vs :sonic:
Attacker: Sonic
:sonic:'s Attack: Spin Dash
Sonic curls into a ball and dashes at high speeds at Ness.
:ness2:'s Counter: Telekinesis
Ness keeps Sonic away by using his telekinesis.

:sonic:'s Attack: Homing Attack
Sonic curls into a ball, homes into Ness, and hits him.
:ness2:'s Counter: Shield
Ness creates a shield that protects him from the attack, and hits Sonic with half of the damage.

:sonic:'s Attack: Violet Void
Sonic uses a Wisp to create a black hole and suck up Ness.
:ness2:'s Counter: Teleport
Ness runs forward and teleports away from the black hole.

:sonic:'s Attack: Boost
Sonic boosts at Ness at high speeds to attack.
:ness2:'s Counter: Dodging
Ness is faster than Sonic, and can dodge the attack.

:sonic:'s Attack: Light Speed Attack
Sonic travels at light speed to hit Ness.

:sonic:'s Attack: Super Sonic
Sonic uses the Chaos Emeralds to become an enhanced version of himself.
Ness holds Sonic in place and waits out the transformation.
:sonic:'s Counter: Time Freezing
Super Sonic freezes time and attacks Ness.
Ness dodges the attack.
Attacker: Ness
:ness2:'s Attack: PSI Rockin'
Ness hits Sonic with a strong psychic pulse of energy.
:sonic:'s Counter: Super Sonic
Super Sonic is invincible, and can easily dodge the attack by flying, teleporting, or time freezing.
:ness2:'s Counter: Paralysis
Paralysis will stop Sonic from doing anything, and PSI Rockin' is too strong for Super Sonic.

:ness2:'s Attack: PSI Flash
Ness induces status effects on Sonic. A 35% chance of crying, a 10% chance of strangeness, a 15% chance of paralysis, and a 40% chance of instant defeat.
:sonic:'s Counter: N/A
Crying, strangeness, and paralysis will hinder Sonic greatly while instant defeat will hand Ness the win.

:ness2:'s Attack: Hypnosis
Ness puts Sonic to sleep using his mind.
Sonic falls asleep and is vulnerable to Ness' attacks.

Summary
Ness' mind is too much for Sonic to handle. The winner is Ness.
I don't see them destroying cities.
There's not any real footage of that.
Prove that they're the same.
I already did.
A) The monitor is part of the computer.
B) We're discussing the power here.
A) Point?
B) Point?
Then Marth is dead, because the damage caused by Sonic kills him.
The attack is negatable.
Prove this.
Both are destroying attacks, and both do a lot of damage.
By using an attack during the time freezing. For instance, the boost.
Mewtwo can counter that by using Endure before time is frozen.
You can collect potions, which add PP/HP. The method of obtaining them is irrelevant.
Then Rings are compared to potions, but not HP/PP.
Do you have a source for this?
https://www.google.com/search?q=define+alive&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
It's turn-based, and attack speed is determined by the Speed stat. It doesn't vary with each attack.
Switching your item around is not an attack.
It's only logical that that's how he'd be able to hold an item.
Babies can hold items, but they don't have strong grips.
If they pack enough force to destroy the universe, then the application is irrelevant; it's still hitting (part of) the universe.
Attacks can be made weaker if necessary.
This is circular reasoning.
How?
Why is it nonsensical?
Just because he's small, that doesn't make him 8 inches. There are plenty of creatures taller than that, but they're still small. Take :025::039: as examples. 8 inches is an insufficient fighting size, but we all know how powerful Kirby is. Him being 8 inches has already been contradicted multiple times in the games. If you scale other characters like final bosses from Kirby's size, you find that they are smaller than the average human. This doesn't make sense, because the final bosses are planetbusters.
The Super Sonic Boost is, and uses the Emeralds' energy.
Master or Chaos Emeralds' energy?
We also use weaknesses. Being able to be hit is a weakness. Advantages to the character are irrelevant. In the case of a contradiction, we go with the more common example.
What makes his weakness take priority over his ability? He's already surpassed that weakness. Advantages are things that every other character gets, so why can't Wario get his advantages? You're trying to nerf him from some of his games, which doesn't work unless you decide to nerf everyone else too. What does commonality have to do with this? If something happens, it happens. Weak armies are more common than strong armies in the example I said. Are we going to send out the weak armies because they're more common?
Sending out armies =/= choosing a reliable source.
I'm not talking about sources. I'm talking about outliers.
Prove that it would destroy the Magic Armor.
Mega Buster > mountain > Magic Armor.
Why is that?
They knocked down the moon by hitting it once. Bowser is multiple times smaller.
If he could actually get a hit in before Ganondorf decimates him. Remember, it takes multiple hits with even the Master Sword to defeat Ganondorf.
MK travels faster than light. He can get in plenty of hits before Ganondorf can blink.
Rosalina uses the wand and Lumas to create force fields, teleport, make black holes, etc, so he can do so here. Shulk never blinks anyone out of existence, so he wouldn't here.
Shulk wiped Zanza from existence once.
Which one? How much force does it pack?
Zanza's attack, and it packs the force of two universes.
Are they exactly the same?
Pretty much.
Prove that he can survive a vehicle moving at that velocity.
See above.
If it had universal power, it would OHKO any target (which it doesn't).
Because Zanza also has universal power/durability.
It could go either way.
Not really. A single hit from Shulk would OHKO Ganondorf. Nothing Ganondorf would defeat Shulk.
Except Magic Armor.
Shulk would slice through that thing like butter.
Prove its durability.
It negates the force of physical attacks to 1.
It protects them from both physical and energy attacks.
Universal physical and energy attacks?
They can be worked around, however.
Explain.
Power =/= range.
They can destroy a universe. But if it's range you want, check out Monado Purge.
He can fly.
Air Slash.
This doesn't guarantee a win.
Um, yeah, it kind of does.
It could go either way.
If one person can one-shot, and one person can barely do anything, it can't go either way.
Which Shulk never uses.
He uses plenty of them on Zanza.
Prove it.
See above.
Sonic reaches Shulk in under .00 seconds. Shulk wouldn't even be able to watch his full vision, let alone dodge the attack or activate his sword.
He doesn't have to move a muscle. Sonic's strongest attacks are physical, and are always weakened by the Mechon Armor.
Prove it.
It's never blocked attacks from someone like Shulk.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
@ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons
@ Munomario777 Munomario777

So if hypernova Kirby is a black hole(it's stated in lore, you can't argue with that, and Somic can travel ten times faster than the speed of light, this makes it come down to whether or not something can escape a black hole, which scientists are still debating about, although it looks like light would be able to escape a black hole.

Marx being launched is irrelevant. Either way Kiby still killed a planet buster. Plus, as I mentioned before, Kirby killed a universe buster.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Lore says that Hypernova is a black hole, and that it uses suction, so it's a black hole that uses suction. Simple.
Then it's not comparable to real life black holes.
Hypernova Kirby's insides are different than regular Kirby's.

Hypernova isn't the same.
When is this stated/shown?
I don't see how this means that it has to be charged.
You can't use a wind-up flashlight without first cranking the handle; it needs energy, which is charged by spinning the handle. The same principle applies here.
I'm referring to the blast that appears right when Marx launches off, which would be from Kirby's attack. It hits both his wings.
If it's from Kirby's attack, then why does it appear about half a second after he actually hits Marx?
Because cannonballs are made of metal, not because things that launch up don't damage.
I can throw a snowball up in the air without damaging it. (Well, I could if we actually got snow here, but you get my point.)
It was all one argument.
So why is it so bad to approach the same argument with two counter arguments?
Just because it's powerful, doesn't mean Kirby can't suck it up. It's a vacuum, not a shield.
If it's not a shield, I'd imagine it would be less protective.
It might try to jump to it, but I seriously doubt it will go around Inhale, seeing as it covers Kirby's whole face.
Now that I think about it, does wind actually affect lightning bolts?
See 1:40.
How powerful are these?
See 11:25.
I only see one type of tornado here.
So neither of our points about Marx Soul have evidence.
What makes you say that?
The upward and downward motion would have contradicted each other, causing him to go nowhere.
When has Marx demonstrated downwards flight with enough force to resist a launch of that power?
He's writing in his journal. For himself. Why would he lie to himself?
Because he's human, and humans lie.
He's not in the background. As you can see a few seconds later, he flies onto the platform without flying forward.
I see.
I'm going to dismiss your argument now, because you don't understand what I'm saying.
M'kay.
He has planetary durability. His health bar doesn't represent that.
This is yet to be proven.
Six hits > a few.
"A few" is a rather vague term really.
Um, what?
As in, the rule for Trick Room isn't in effect if Mewtwo is facing, say, Mario here.
Trick Room, not Magic Room.
Yes, that. :p
I would agree, but Trick Room doesn't speed up the user.
Then how does the slower Pokemon suddenly attack before the faster Pokemon?
They're all included under "attacks" (another way to say "moves").
I see nothing about what I asked for, which was proof that "Protect was specifically designed to block moves like that, and that said moves can only be blocked by those sort of things."
Then what specific attribute does allow moves to block this attack?
By the way, you're still going against a rule that was already settled.
What, it's illegal to use logic now?
The game and attack are irrelevant.
We're comparing angles from the same attack, not different attacks.
Agreed, along with all of Meta Knight's abilities.
...that the clone has been shown to demonstrate. If you want to work with that, fine, but I won't.
That's too specific for there to be a video.
Then I'm afraid that you don't have sufficient proof.
That he can't have a brain, because the portal would stop it from working.
Prove that portals prevent brains from working.
No creatures in real life are pink, eight inches tall, and round with stubby arms. None of them can be flattened, or puff up to fly, use Copy Abilities, or have stomachs for portals.
Kirby has eyes, sentience, a mouth, taste buds, favorite foods, a personality, etc., just like us humans.
How does that go against my case?
The analogy is still intact. Guns have varying strengths, and attacks have varying strengths. (At least, I think that's what it was. It was a while back...)
Which isn't impact.
Impact: the action of one object coming forcibly into contact with another.
A) And extinguished by his water.
B) Which takes less than a second.
A) Which doesn't surround all angles.
B) Which is still an amount of time that should be considered.
A) So he flinches, but no hitstun.
B) Nope.
A) No, there seems to be hitstun.
B) I'm pretty sure you do.
A) That's with Silver, and it's not freezing time. No video proof that Sonic can freeze time here.
B) Fair enough.
He can manipulate time with Chaos Control as well as Shadow can. Shadow can manipulate time with Silver, and Sonic can manipulate time with Silver.
Fun doesn't seem to "slip my mind".
The lore mentioned a mountain, but not a volcano.
Volcanos are mountains, but with lava.
Unless he's standing on the left fist (which he is).
Then the fists' roles are reversed.
It's not visually the same as other attacks.
Both involve Jet Kirby using his engines to fly.
Kirby, not Olimar.
Ah, my bad. "Every time A happens, B happens" isn't solid proof when not every possibility is shown.
Popon couldn't be seen before the telescope, so it's different.
How does that mean that he's in outer space?
Kirby's flight is plenty fast enough to dodge the fireball,
Isn't Kirby even slower than normal while flying?
and it's not like Mario could get that close in the first place.
Fair point. A Starman might be able to help him close in, but Kirby has much more speed and all.
He can heal his damage easily.
Except he's a coin.
What does gold have to do with anything?
If Kirby tries to destroy the fireball with a physical attack, he'll simply be turned into gold, as he's touching the fireball.
Kirby wouldn't even try to punch it. If he wanted to destroy it, he'd use a projectile.
And a gold shockwave would be created.
All he'd have to do is fly, and the fireball would go under him quickly.
And he's hit by the shockwave.
I see.
Popstar has a lot of mass.
How much?
Kirby jumps/flies over it, or just inhales it.
If he jumps, the shockwave gets him. If he tries to inhale it, its size will result in his "lips" getting touched.
It acts the same way as the power-ups that transform him.
Prove it.
I actually have seen one (but I lost the link), and I recall him glowing or something when he put on the cap, indicating a transformation.
I've played Super Mario 64 (the DS version anyways), and I don't remember that at all.
M'kay, whatever.
Kirby can dish out more force.
With which attack?
Kirby can get in more than three hits with attacks like Fire Breath.
Prove that they equal the amount of force that Mario can resist.
If you're putting your foot somewhere where it gets hurt, why wouldn't you move it away?
I don't see how stopping the kick would help that.
He's wiped out plenty of planetary+ foes in the past.
Destroying someone who can destroy a planet =/= destroying a planet.
They're regarded the same way to Magic Room, like one item.
And they're not one item.
Ember and Blast Burn obviously don't have muscle usage.
Right, they have fire usage.
As you can see, the explosion actually does accelerate. It starts to get slow, and then becomes much faster.
So, prove its mass and its velocity.
Meaning he can react to things at light speed.
How does running forwards and a lightning bolt hitting behind you mean that you can react to objects of that speed?
Which would make Sonic have to wait before he went into attack.
No, he can become tiny, or freeze time.
During the wait, Kirby can stop spinning and prepare for it, or just adjust so he inhales/attacks Sonic.
And then Sonic attacks where he isn't inhaling.
How would he inhale Sonic if Sonic's getting sucked in?
Because inhaling is how Kirby sucks things in.
Olimar's in the game, so it was a statement from the game.
I live in America, but a statement from me doesn't reflect the position of America as a whole.
No. Point?
Why would needing to bring the knife back to Hocotate prohibit using said knife?
The Warp Pipes, the Piranha Plants, Mario, the Koopa Troopas, the castle, the trees, the flowers, the towers, the grass, and the mountains are all affected by gravity. Other items, like Fire Flowers or the Poltergust 5000, are affected by gravity as well.
And the coins, platforms, and brick blocks are not.
What sort of nonsensical gravity?

The entire game is based on breaking the laws of gravity.
Compressed liquid would deflect itself.
Prove it.
I've got plenty of other examples. A pen drawing a picture of a cat, and drawing a picture of a dog. A battery powering a remote control, and powering a flashlight. A keyboard typing an essay, and typing a story. Unless you can prove Rosalina can do this, don't bring it up.
A battery can power two things at once; a car battery powers the radio, ignition, headlights, windshield wipers, et cetera all at once. You can type two things at once with a keyboard, if you get creative; have some sort of software to have half of the keyboard type into one file, and the other half into another file. A two-sided pen could accomplish the first task.
She doesn't have C.
She has galaxies that place black holes, which she could force opponents into.
With Hypernova.
Has it been shown to bend things?
There aren't really that many Lumas.
There's tons of them in the Galaxy games.
A) Lumas don't go where their black holes are.
B) Then he boards the Warp Star.
A) It's the other way around, really.
B) How accurately can he attack things with this?
The black hole doesn't have that great an AoE in the first place. He just needs to teleport up.
It has a massive AOE, depending on the black hole of course. If Kirby is inside of the black hole, his range won't be enough.
The ground pound has a respectable amount of force; as aforementioned, it can crush bricks and stone.
  1. Which doesn't help. There's no guarantee that the black holes will go somewhere useful.
  2. There is an enemy called Schwarz, and it creates black holes to attack Kirby. Kirby can escape them.
  3. That's easy with Crash, Mike, Paint, Cook, or Magic.
  4. Kirby throws her in a black hole.
  5. Kirby is holding Rosalina, she can't go anywhere. Only Rosalina and one Lumas have to be killed for Kirby to win.
  6. How can a Luma in the middle of transformation do a thing to him?
  7. Because it's near a black hole.
  1. Having a black hole period seems rather helpful; you can force opponents into it.
  2. Which aren't like normal black holes, and don't show similarities with those found in Galaxy either.
  3. Prove that they affect a large enough area.
  4. By using what?
  5. How is Kirby holding Rosalina, and why can't she use her wand? Rosalina and all of the Lumas have to be killed, as they're all part of the character.
  6. By transforming.
  7. Will Kirby not get sucked in as well?
So a black hole can be created anywhere on the battlefield.
He can, but he has to hit it.
Why is that?
Which Marth counters.
Except he's kinda frozen in time.
Frequent enough.
Because when Sonic initially turned into the werehog, Robotnik was using the Chaos Emeralds' energy to crack open the planet and release Dark Gaia. This drained their energy, and Sonic had to restore it at the Gaia temples.
What power-up, and can it stop deity attacks?
The invincibility power-up, and in Sonic Generations, it can stop attacks from monsters created by a deity (the Iblis monsters in Crisis City).
A) He didn't see it splitting apart in the video.
B) He didn't see anyone to fight.
A) He fell towards the earth, which was clearly split apart. He was in space; he had a good view.
B) Except, you know, the giant god of destruction and darkness emerging from the planet.
Naga > Overminds.
Prove that the darksphere > the Voxai overmind.
Naga (the source of Darksphere) has ultimate power too.
Prove that the darksphere itself does.
The deities didn't create the Chaos Emeralds.
They did, actually, assuming that the gods created Sonic's world. The Chaos Emeralds are part of the world.
A bomb can corrupt, actually.
In what sense of the word?
Power Bombs aren't lasers.
And Kirby's mirror ability isn't a mirror (as in, not a reflective pane of glass).
When a laser penetrates a mirror, it gets weaker.
And then it resumes being powerful once it breaks through and has a hole to travel through.
The attacks can be negated by the crying status.
If items aren't negated, then why would Mario's be?
I wasn't referring to levels as in RPG levels; I was referring to levels as in power levels, that can apply to every fictional character. Ness' power level is universal, while Sonic's isn't, so Ness wins.
When has Ness destroyed a universe? Power levels don't determine who wins; wits, speed, etc also play into this. Bowser is much more powerful than Mario, no doubt about that, but he lacks wits and puts a "kill Bowser" switch in his castles, so Mario wins.
For extra support for the claim, I'm going to use Dryn's system, and your system, of determining who wins a battle, as well.
Strength:
Ness (Ness' physical attacks can break through diamond.)
Sonic's can deliver 45212697.67 pounds of force.
How does that incredibly vague statement equal omnipresence? From that statement, it seems that they're not overlapping now, or they're separate, yet no omnipresence seems to occur.
Durability:
Ness (Giygas is a universe destroyer, but Ness can still survive his destruction.)
When does Giygas destroy a universe, and does he use the same attacks he used there on Ness?
Reaction:
Ness (Ness can react to, and even dodge, beams.)
Sonic can dodge "beams" as well.
Equipment:
Sonic (The Chaos Emeralds give him access to Super Sonic, a powerful form.)
Miscellaneous: Ness (His PSI can counter powerful attacks and moves.)
It depends on what's being counted as "miscellaneous".
Ness

:ness2: vs :sonic:
Attacker: Sonic
:sonic:'s Attack: Spin Dash
Sonic curls into a ball and dashes at high speeds at Ness.
Ness keeps Sonic away by using his telekinesis.
What amount of force has Ness applied via TK?
:sonic:'s Attack: Homing Attack
Sonic curls into a ball, homes into Ness, and hits him.
:ness2:'s Counter: Shield
Ness creates a shield that protects him from the attack, and hits Sonic with half of the damage.
When has it resisted this amount of force?
:sonic:'s Attack: Violet Void
Sonic uses a Wisp to create a black hole and suck up Ness.
:ness2:'s Counter: Teleport
Ness runs forward and teleports away from the black hole.
Fair enough.
:sonic:'s Attack: Boost
Sonic boosts at Ness at high speeds to attack.
When does he demonstrate this speed?
:sonic:'s Attack: Light Speed Attack
Sonic travels at light speed to hit Ness.
See above.
:sonic:'s Attack: Super Sonic
Sonic uses the Chaos Emeralds to become an enhanced version of himself.
Ness holds Sonic in place and waits out the transformation.
How much force has Ness resisted with his TK?
:sonic:'s Counter: Time Freezing
Super Sonic freezes time and attacks Ness.
Ness dodges the attack.
It seems that he was dodging the time freezing itself, implying that it's some sort of concentrated beam or something. Chaos Control isn't.
Attacker: Ness
:ness2:'s Attack: PSI Rockin'
Ness hits Sonic with a strong psychic pulse of energy.
:sonic:'s Counter: Super Sonic
Super Sonic is invincible, and can easily dodge the attack by flying, teleporting, or time freezing.
:ness2:'s Counter: Paralysis
Paralysis will stop Sonic from doing anything, and PSI Rockin' is too strong for Super Sonic.
How strong?
:ness2:'s Attack: PSI Flash
Ness induces status effects on Sonic. A 35% chance of crying, a 10% chance of strangeness, a 15% chance of paralysis, and a 40% chance of instant defeat.
Crying, strangeness, and paralysis will hinder Sonic greatly while instant defeat will hand Ness the win.
Sonic resists mental influences, such as crying. Strangeness can be removed by walking for a bit, which Sonic will certainly be doing here (or rather, running). Paralysis won't hamper Sonic much, as the Chaos Emeralds are controlled by thought.
:ness2:'s Attack: Hypnosis
Ness puts Sonic to sleep using his mind.
Sonic falls asleep and is vulnerable to Ness' attacks.
Sonic can resist mind control, so he can resist hypnosis.
Ness' mind is too much for Sonic to handle. The winner is Ness.

There's not any real footage of that.
Then where is your proof?
I already did.
When? Mind reposting it?
A) Point?
B) Point?
A) Turning on the monitor but not the computer's tower is turning on part of the computer.
B) You haven't provided lore that states that changing into those clothes indicates infinite power, so it means nothing.
The attack is negatable.
By what means?
Both are destroying attacks, and both do a lot of damage.
A lot of things are destroying attacks and do a lot of damage, such as guns. They destroy things (as in, killing people), and they do a lot of damage to people, but they don't destroy planets.
Mewtwo can counter that by using Endure before time is frozen.
Then Sonic attacks again. It has a reduced chance of activating each use.
Then Rings are compared to potions, but not HP/PP.
And the Ring count is compared to HP/PP.
Are tails not part of animals?
Switching your item around is not an attack.
It's an action, which my statement would also apply to.
Babies can hold items, but they don't have strong grips.
Then why can't the Pokemon in question?
Attacks can be made weaker if necessary.
Then these weaker attacks and Arceus's stats don't reflect universal power.
You said that Mewtwo is on a similar level to Arceus (which you say is a universal level, whatever that means) because of stats. Then I pointed out that it would OHKO the target if it could destroy the universe, and you responded that this is not the case because the target is on a similar, universal level.
Just because he's small, that doesn't make him 8 inches. There are plenty of creatures taller than that, but they're still small. Take :025::039: as examples. 8 inches is an insufficient fighting size, but we all know how powerful Kirby is. Him being 8 inches has already been contradicted multiple times in the games. If you scale other characters like final bosses from Kirby's size, you find that they are smaller than the average human. This doesn't make sense, because the final bosses are planetbusters.
Like you said, Kirby is powerful for his size. Why can't the bosses be the same way?
Master or Chaos Emeralds' energy?
Chaos, or both if he's Hyper Sonic.
What makes his weakness take priority over his ability?
The fact that it's more consistent.
He's already surpassed that weakness.
When?
Advantages are things that every other character gets, so why can't Wario get his advantages?
Because it's an outlier.
You're trying to nerf him from some of his games, which doesn't work unless you decide to nerf everyone else too.
I'm treating Wario the same as other characters.
What does commonality have to do with this? If something happens, it happens. Weak armies are more common than strong armies in the example I said. Are we going to send out the weak armies because they're more common?
Armies are irrelevant to choosing reliable sources. Wario cannot be both vulnerable and invulnerable at the same time; it's a contradiction. In the case of a contradiction, we use the most reliable source, or the most common answer.
I'm not talking about sources. I'm talking about outliers.
The discussion at hand is about sources.
Mega Buster > mountain > Magic Armor.
When does the Mega Buster destroy a mountain?
They knocked down the moon by hitting it once. Bowser is multiple times smaller.
The moon wasn't destroyed, however.
MK travels faster than light. He can get in plenty of hits before Ganondorf can blink.
When is this stated?
Shulk wiped Zanza from existence once.
When?
Zanza's attack, and it packs the force of two universes.
Which attack of Zanza's?
Pretty much.
Prove that they're exactly the same.
Because Zanza also has universal power/durability.
Do the enemies throughout Xenoblade Chronicles?
Not really. A single hit from Shulk would OHKO Ganondorf. Nothing Ganondorf would defeat Shulk.
This has yet to be proven, so I'll leave it at that.
Shulk would slice through that thing like butter.
It can resist Ganon's attacks, if I'm not mistaken.
It negates the force of physical attacks to 1.
Which physical attacks?
Universal physical and energy attacks?
When do Shulk's attacks destroy a universe?
Mega Man can't attack while time is frozen, but he can work around this by positioning himself for an attack, switching weapons quickly, and firing.
They can destroy a universe.
When do they?
But if it's range you want, check out Monado Purge.
Understood.
Air Slash.
What about it?
Um, yeah, it kind of does.
I could have a sword that can slay people, but that doesn't guarantee that I'll defeat any human I battle.
If one person can one-shot, and one person can barely do anything, it can't go either way.
I haven't seen Shulk one-shot an opponent yet.
He uses plenty of them on Zanza.
When does the universe get destroyed by Shulk's attack, then?
See above.
I see no proof above.
He doesn't have to move a muscle. Sonic's strongest attacks are physical, and are always weakened by the Mechon Armor.
Weakened by what amount?
It's never blocked attacks from someone like Shulk.
It's blocked attacks from Ganondorf, who is a god-like being.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
How do you explain them?
Their infinite spawning? I thought I already explained that.

Here.

I see them fly horizontally around 0:39.
That's because the gravity is no longer altered.

So Samus lacks the gravity suit in the Nightmare video?
Yes. In Metroid: Other M, she fights Nightmare twice, and on the second battle she's already activated the gravity feature.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Their infinite spawning? I thought I already explained that.
No, the fact that they don't fall.
Interesting.
That's because the gravity is no longer altered.
Ah, I see.
Yes. In Metroid: Other M, she fights Nightmare twice, and on the second battle she's already activated the gravity feature.
So, you're saying that since Samus can resist this amount of gravitational force, her durability is extremely high?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
No, the fact that they don't fall.
Thrust keeps them going.

So, you're saying that since Samus can resist this amount of gravitational force, her durability is extremely high?
If it's true, then yes. If one is exposed to low gravity, bone mass and density begins to decrease. It's because of gravity that our bones are the way they are. So an increase in gravity would allow one's bones to increase in mass and density. Just because Nightmare exposes Samus to what is referred to as "extreme gravity" or "super gravity" doesn't mean that Samus will get that increase, but because Samus can move, jump, and even wall jump in these conditions, she must be able to have the strength to do this and the durability to avoid being crushed.

I was going to attempt another method where I'd have Samus drop from the top of the catwalk in Nightmare's room to determine the height and the time it'd take for Samus to reach the ground. I was then going to do this when the gravity was increased. However, this didn't come to mind until after I defeated Nightmare the first time. The game is saved, so I cannot test it in the second battle because Samus will have the gravity feature active. So to try this out, it's going to take a few hours before I get there.[/quote]

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Thrust keeps them going.
The thrust is horizontal, not vertical.
If it's true, then yes. If one is exposed to low gravity, bone mass and density begins to decrease. It's because of gravity that our bones are the way they are. So an increase in gravity would allow one's bones to increase in mass and density. Just because Nightmare exposes Samus to what is referred to as "extreme gravity" or "super gravity" doesn't mean that Samus will get that increase, but because Samus can move, jump, and even wall jump in these conditions, she must be able to have the strength to do this and the durability to avoid being crushed.
I see. Do her animations change as a result of the gravity? (Like, does she slouch over when she stands?)
I was going to attempt another method where I'd have Samus drop from the top of the catwalk in Nightmare's room to determine the height and the time it'd take for Samus to reach the ground. I was then going to do this when the gravity was increased. However, this didn't come to mind until after I defeated Nightmare the first time. The game is saved, so I cannot test it in the second battle because Samus will have the gravity feature active. So to try this out, it's going to take a few hours before I get there.
That'd be a good idea.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
What's the issue?
Would it not need some downwards thrust as well, to stay in the air? Or wings? Or something?
She doesn't slouch. She just drops very fast and her running causes her to stomp. You can see here.
I see. You'd think her movement would be hindered compared to when she's in regular gravity. Samus doesn't seem to fall all that quickly in the clip; looking at 9:05-ish, she sure doesn't look like she's falling three thousand times faster (if that's how gravity works).

Isn't Samus harmed by lesser forces than this elsewhere in the series, by the way?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Would it not need some downwards thrust as well, to stay in the air? Or wings? Or something?
Wings or flaps might help it remain in one direction, but even bullets don't need these to fly.

I see. You'd think her movement would be hindered compared to when she's in regular gravity. Samus doesn't seem to fall all that quickly in the clip; looking at 9:05-ish, she sure doesn't look like she's falling three thousand times faster (if that's how gravity works).
Her movement kind of is, but if she's strong enough to work against it, then it's not going to hinder her too much. Also, 9:05 gives a short distance. That won't give us much. See 10:12. Samus jumps down and drops real fast. Compare this with 31:16. The differences should be clear.

Isn't Samus harmed by lesser forces than this elsewhere in the series, by the way?
My intention wasn't to say Samus can withstand +3,000 g. It was to address your "selective gravity" argument. My calculation from Metroid Fusion firing a missile vertically while fighting Nightmare resulted in 7.88 g. I also don't think the enemies Samus fights are weak if that's what you're asking. Enemies capable of cutting through steel (war wasps), or burrowing through hard rock (beetles), or living in extreme temperatures (magmoors) don't seem all that weak.

One common error most people make is sharp objects. They wonder how something sharp could do any damage to someone who is armored. So I'll illustrate this point. Say you punch someone and the force you produced is 100 newtons. Your fist is 77 cm^2. Pressure is force over area. So your punch produced 1.3 pascals. That's not very much. What if you used your finger tip instead of your fist? Seems unconventional. Even if you produce 100 N, the area makes a difference. If the tip of your finger is 6 cm^2, then 100 N / 6 cm^2 gives you 16 pascals. See the difference? A needle with the same force will produce far more pressure.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Wings or flaps might help it remain in one direction, but even bullets don't need these to fly.
Bullets have enough speed and inertia to keep going forwards and not fall. Bullet Bills are just cruising forwards with purely horizontal thrust.
Her movement kind of is, but if she's strong enough to work against it, then it's not going to hinder her too much. Also, 9:05 gives a short distance. That won't give us much. See 10:12. Samus jumps down and drops real fast. Compare this with 31:16. The differences should be clear.
I see. It doesn't quite look like the 3,000 g difference you mentioned. (But then again, I have no idea what 3,000 gs would look like :p)
My intention wasn't to say Samus can withstand +3,000 g. It was to address your "selective gravity" argument.
Ah, I see.
My calculation from Metroid Fusion firing a missile vertically while fighting Nightmare resulted in 7.88 g.
Then where did the 3,000 g measurement come from?
I also don't think the enemies Samus fights are weak if that's what you're asking. Enemies capable of cutting through steel (war wasps), or burrowing through hard rock (beetles), or living in extreme temperatures (magmoors) don't seem all that weak.
No, not at all; I was more referring to things like spikes and all.
One common error most people make is sharp objects. They wonder how something sharp could do any damage to someone who is armored. So I'll illustrate this point. Say you punch someone and the force you produced is 100 newtons. Your fist is 77 cm^2. Pressure is force over area. So your punch produced 1.3 pascals. That's not very much. What if you used your finger tip instead of your fist? Seems unconventional. Even if you produce 100 N, the area makes a difference. If the tip of your finger is 6 cm^2, then 100 N / 6 cm^2 gives you 16 pascals. See the difference? A needle with the same force will produce far more pressure.
Indeed it will.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Bullets have enough speed and inertia to keep going forwards and not fall. Bullet Bills are just cruising forwards with purely horizontal thrust.
Inertia has to do with a resting object remaining at rest and a moving object remaining in motion. Bullets will eventually rest because friction and gravity. In a hard vacuum, it'd continue flying. Bullet Bills just continue flying, and to be quite honest, it's possible that flight is one of their abilities. They're not even real bullets because they're fired from cannons.

Then where did the 3,000 g measurement come from?
A calculation because you said it's probably a typo that I calculated the gravity to be 9,999.99 g.

No, not at all; I was more referring to things like spikes and all.
It's good that I covered that, then.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Inertia has to do with a resting object remaining at rest and a moving object remaining in motion. Bullets will eventually rest because friction and gravity. In a hard vacuum, it'd continue flying. Bullet Bills just continue flying, and to be quite honest, it's possible that flight is one of their abilities. They're not even real bullets because they're fired from cannons.
Then I suppose the same could be said for cannonballs and the like.
A calculation because you said it's probably a typo that I calculated the gravity to be 9,999.99 g.
Oh, I was referring to Tallon IV's mass and all that.
It's good that I covered that, then.
I can't imagine that a simple spike would produce the same amount of force as 3,000 g. It just seems odd that Samus would be able to withstand that much force one minute, and the next be harmed by spikes on the wall.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
My new tier list:
:4metaknight::4shulk:
:4kirby::4pit::4darkpit::4ness::4lucas::4palutena::4dedede::4mewtwo::4sonic::4samus::4ganondorf:
:rosalina::4lucina::4robinm::4myfriends::4marth::4zss::4bowser::4bowserjr::4feroy::4greninja::4charizard::4lucario::4ryu::4dk::4diddy::4tlink::4pikachu:
:ivysaur::4link::4jigglypuff::squirtle::pichumelee::pt::sheilda::4sheik::4zelda::4falcon::4fox::4falco::4wario::4drmario::4luigi::4mario::4peach::4larry::4megaman::snake:
:4pacman::4duckhunt::4miigun::popo:
:4villager::4miisword::4littlemac::4miibrawl::4gaw::4wiifitm:
:4olimar:
:4rob:
:substitute:

Meta Knight is so high because he can heal himself back to full health 4-5 times.

Any way, this is going to be my last post for sometime.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Healing won't get you very far if your opponent can keep attacking long enough (or if they're just too fast to give you a chance to heal).
Im pretty sure he can heal while being atacked. He also can't take damage when he is healing.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Then I suppose the same could be said for cannonballs and the like
Bullet Bills look like they're alive, cannonballs do not. I still don't understand why you're not understanding that an object launched horizontally couldn't remain that way as long as there is thrust.

I can't imagine that a simple spike would produce the same amount of force as 3,000 g. It just seems odd that Samus would be able to withstand that much force one minute, and the next be harmed by spikes on the wall.
I told you that I don't think Samus can survive that much gravity unaided. I said it was used to illustrate a point. Of course, force is not pressure, so that's the error you're making.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Not if he's killed before he gets a chance to think about healing.
Meta Kinght survives hits from a universe buster, he can take anything the other characters can through at him.

He can take damage before or after he heals. Health restores don't make a character top tier.
Yes, but having universal power along with healing does make a character top tier.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Bullet Bills look like they're alive, cannonballs do not.
Last I checked, being alive doesn't mean you can simply float in midair (in fact, look at the Brick Blocks etc).
I still don't understand why you're not understanding that an object launched horizontally couldn't remain that way as long as there is thrust.
I just don't understand how purely horizontal thrust provides a vertical force (which is what is needed to resist gravity, no?). Could you provide an example of something like this happening in real life?
I told you that I don't think Samus can survive that much gravity unaided. I said it was used to illustrate a point.
Ah. What was your point?
Of course, force is not pressure, so that's the error you're making.
My bad.
Meta Kinght survives hits from a universe buster, he can take anything the other characters can through at him.
Does he survive "universe busting" attacks?
Yes, but having universal power along with healing does make a character top tier.
Since when does Meta Knight have "universal power"?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Last I checked, being alive doesn't mean you can simply float in midair (in fact, look at the Brick Blocks etc).
Unless you're someone who can naturally fly. Those blocks are created from magic.

I just don't understand how purely horizontal thrust provides a vertical force (which is what is needed to resist gravity, no?). Could you provide an example of something like this happening in real life?
A bullet. An airplane. A missile.

Ah. What was your point?
Reread my post where I explained this before. >.>; For ease, type "illustrate" after pressing Ctrl + F.

Meta Knight is so high because he can heal himself back to full health 4-5 times.
Samus can use crystal flash, which regenerates all of her energy with an additional of some energy for the reserve tanks. In other words, if we're using strictly the best, then Samus has 20 energy tanks with 4 reserve tanks and 3 e-recovery tanks, giving a total of 2,499 energy and an additional 399 energy for every time Samus uses concentration. If we're using all of the energy tanks, however. That's 11,699 energy. Crystal flash would allow Samus to do this around 4 to 5 times as well. That would kind of be like 448 energy tanks.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Unless you're someone who can naturally fly.
How do Bullet Bills do so?
Those blocks are created from magic.
It's only mentioned in the original game, and even that game doesn't mention regular platforms.
A bullet.
Those are much faster.
An airplane. A missile.
Those have wings.
Reread my post where I explained this before. >.>; For ease, type "illustrate" after pressing Ctrl + F.
Oh, was it the bit about sharp objects and all that?
Samus can use crystal flash, which regenerates all of her energy with an additional of some energy for the reserve tanks. In other words, if we're using strictly the best, then Samus has 20 energy tanks with 4 reserve tanks and 3 e-recovery tanks, giving a total of 2,499 energy and an additional 399 energy for every time Samus uses concentration. If we're using all of the energy tanks, however. That's 11,699 energy. Crystal flash would allow Samus to do this around 4 to 5 times as well. That would kind of be like 448 energy tanks.
Well then.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
How do Bullet Bills do so?
Thrust.

It's only mentioned in the original game, and even that game doesn't mention regular platforms.
It hasn't been retconned. Even then, the Mario universe isn't your typical universe.

Those are much faster.
I know.

Those have wings.
Airplanes experience thrust (moving forward), drag (the air resistance pushing opposite of its thrust), gravitational force (pushing it down), and lift (the wings assist this by pushing air downward, lifting it up). If an object has a powerful thrust, then it doesn't need wings, just like bullets. Apparently, high power rifles can fire bullets, which can travel up to 4.5 kilometers and up to 1.6 kilometers. Type in "how far do bullets travel" on Google.

Oh, was it the bit about sharp objects and all that?
It was about selective gravity. Right now, working with the calculation in Metroid Fusion gives us 7.88 g. Unaided, Samus could experience gravity like that on Jupiter just comfortably, whereas we'd be crushed.

Top Bottom