• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Hey SkyBunny,
If you out there, fantastic Pikachu, one of the very few good ones I have faced. You love the blue Pikachu
You showed me that Pikachu vs Kirby is pretty much even while Pikachu and Peach is most likely pretty much even(maybe slightly in Peach's favor)
BTW my name is Dee and I just go by player 1 for my tag, has anyone seen and remembered me?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
There are too many "Nova"s on this board to tag all of them.

But I played a MK/Dedede player called Nova yesterday and we had some good games. I have never fought a good Dedede before!

Also your up-b kill on me was hilarious.

Last edited:

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
Haven't posted in a while so figured I would. Don't remember any names really, but last night on Wii U had some good matches against a DDD. I was Fab Falcon. You had some slick moves I wasn't used to seeing in a DDD. I forgot to add you as friend at the end of our matches when you had to go... :( Maybe see you around or on here. In game name was 'Traek', I generally don't put up tags (lazy).

Also played against a good Mario, who was a little too aggressive on the gimps (Flood, Cape, Spikes) but we had some fun matches. Try to mix things up a little, and don't be afraid to commit with your gimps, it is too easy to recover if you play the safe/delayed gimp every time.

Hope to run into some more people on here.

*EDIT* Also, I like to read this thread to see people and hear good stories. I keep seeing a lot of 'trashing' of players, lets keep it clean guys, this is the 'Player Finder Thread' and is about reaching out to people, not flaming/name shaming them. I am kind of surprised the same people are able to post inconsiderately so consistently. At the OP a Mod even entered stating:
Moderator Edit: First off, there is 0 tolerance in terms of trolling and flaming in this thread. If you don't have anything good to say about a player you came across online or a user who posts here that in no way is constructive; then just don't say it. Tagging users deliberately to mock, insult, bash, trash, ridicule, or anything of that sort will result in warnings or infractions depending on past warning history. You can give constructive negative criticism without being an *** about it. If myself or a staff sees a user tagging someone just to troll them or calling out players because "You are unfair and cheap! **** YOU!" will result in warnings and/or infractions.
I've been around the internet a long time so I know there will be salt, just keep it to a minimum please, it makes the forums a much better place. :)

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
[Wii U]Shout outs to Justin

I thoroughly enjoyed 2-stocking your pathetically bad Sheik which employed no mindgames, made almost no good use of your moves, couldn't string for **** and was overall terrible. What I didn't enjoy was your Sonic, mainly because Sonic vs G&W is already an 8:2 with no lag, so online latency bumps that up to nearly impossible. I didn't mind the counterpick, I was pissed when you changed your tag to EZPZ and left as if saying "You're not worth my time" even though there's proof that you're bad and used lag to hide your lack of skill. If I am ever given the chance to bash your head into the wall of an unfinished basement until you're in a coma, I will take it. I don't care if it's a joke, my IED does not resonate well with it.

Also, inb4 "no salty posts plz", if someone gave me a deliberately crappy experience, then I'll roast them. I don't even find that many people that I enjoy matches with on For Glory, it's either a painfully average experience or a treacherous one.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Shouts out to Carl for staying in the game after getting 2-stocked by only grabs lmao.

C. Falcon is too powerful

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Also, inb4 "no salty posts plz", if someone gave me a deliberately crappy experience, then I'll roast them. I don't even find that many people that I enjoy matches with on For Glory, it's either a painfully average experience or a treacherous one.
The OP said:
Moderator Edit: First off, there is 0 tolerance in terms of trolling and flaming in this thread. If you don't have anything good to say about a player you came across online or a user who posts here that in no way is constructive; then just don't say it.
Keep your roasts to yourself, please.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I should have probably posted this earlier today, but shoutout to a Wii U player named Tornado. I was the Palutena player called Nexin.

I haven't faced a Pac-Man in a while, and I had a lot of fun fighting yours. I hope to face you again in the future.

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Just faced a Link player named Jman B. He went yellow Fox, too

Skybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skybunny
Hey SkyBunny,
If you out there, fantastic Pikachu, one of the very few good ones I have faced. You love the blue Pikachu
You showed me that Pikachu vs Kirby is pretty much even while Pikachu and Peach is most likely pretty much even(maybe slightly in Peach's favor)
BTW my name is Dee and I just go by player 1 for my tag, has anyone seen and remembered me?
Hey Dee! Thanks a lot! I worked hard on that Pikachu. You're a great player as well. If you'd like to play against me again sometime just send me a message on here. ^^

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I faced an awesome Greninja user by the name of Curt. I wish we could've played more though. I need that experience!

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - Someone here a Peach in her Fire Dress name kc? Fantastic Peach, had a great time versing you. Unfortunately I have to head off to bed. That ending on Green Hill Zone though. XD

Was primarily a Fuel Ness named Timmy. I kind of feel like you are on this forum for some reason... Lol

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Sam on the Wii U with the pink Luigi - you're a good player. I remember the first time I faced you in FG and you two stocked my Ike in less than a minute with that repeated fair combo. I told myself it wouldn't happen again.

I encountered you again today in FG. Didn't realize it was you until you started tossing out those fairs again.

It was definitely a challenge trying to beat you without getting caught in that combo with my Ike and Dedede. Felt like the rules of the game had changed on me.

On the other hand though, you were so focused on trying to trap me in those combos that I think it took away from any other strategy you could have played with. It makes me feel like you 0 to death unsuspecting people regularly with the same combo to rack up wins, but that's none of my business.

Anyway, they were really fun matches and I enjoyed them. Part of me wishes you would have stayed for another match but the other part of me was relieved because I ran out of characters I'm good with.

If you're around, I hope you see this.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Hey Dee! Thanks a lot! I worked hard on that Pikachu. You're a great player as well. If you'd like to play against me again sometime just send me a message on here. ^^
Sure, though its hard because the stupid error code made it impossible one time :/

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Shout-outs to Rin from California, who had a female mii and used Peach, ZSS, Zelda. We played 5 matches, and I took 2 of them. We did Bowser vs Peach the first 3, then I switched off to ROB and she used ZSS and Zelda the last 2. Fairly respectable player, I was a little disappointed that she left after winning as Zelda because I feel like I could've won against her if I made a couple of adjustments...Still need to get some experience playing against Peach as well.

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
Shout out to a player named Kitty on 3DS. I somehow ran into you two consecutive nights. You played mainly as Marth and I stuck with Dedede the whole time. They were quite fun games, but I unfortunately had to leave after only a few matches both times.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well played to Dirk, who played a very competent Shulk.

I should like to play you again sometime, you were a very nice person and a decent opponent. :3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Shout outs to a user named Jeff, who used Little Mac, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link and Ganondorf while I was Rosalina the whole time. Wish he would've kept using Little Mac the whole time, though, but nonetheless had some fun.

Another shout out to a user who went by the game tag "Meme_Man69", was it? It's funny how we traded wins and loses back and forth but it sure was fun. I was Tino who used Link, Falco, Rosalina and Mega Man.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I think I played @Izaw today?

I was doubtful it was the real deal though. He kept playing Kirby. Anyways, I went in playing super careful because I recognized the name. I won once and lost once before he left.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
fought a good player on 3ds called mike from new jersey with let's do this tag played a good palutiana

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
On the Wii U, I played against a guy named Aaron and Ekaros, who played pretty well. One played Lucina and the other played Rosaluma, Pikachu and a mirror Shulk match. They were pretty good. o/

Last edited:

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Played against a very talented ZSS today. I played wario and then Zelda and got wrecked both times

Last edited:

Otacustes

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2809-8195-1636
Good games to Ben on 3DS. (My name was Nikko and was ZSS)

I'd love to play more games with you, it looks like you were starting to catch on to my playstyle near the end!

Last edited:

ZekeWolfe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZekeWolfe
3DS FC
2664-2217-5459
Played a Fox user by the name of Andrea I've never played against a Fox that aggressive before and would love to play again.
I was the Sheik user who got disconnected due to us messing around/loling and apparently "idling" too long >.>

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to SwaggyJ from Alberta Canada who plays a really smart purple Sheik. I ran into you like last week and I found you again. We played for over an hour. I went Red Falcon/DK and then Zelda to say goodbye. It's a great feeling when you run into a memorable player more than once.

Also played a really good Fox named Madara. He did that 1-2 jab thing really well. Got my ass handed to me.

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Dylan on wiiu, played as Ness in one of our matches. I was Ike and Dedede. You here?

Top Bottom