• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
I would usually list people's names on here in hopes of hopefully finding someone, but the last 40 (Yes, I counted each and every one of them.) matches everyone left after the first match.

Why do people leave after the first match? I don't understand.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Hey SkyBunny,
If you out there, fantastic Pikachu, one of the very few good ones I have faced. You love the blue Pikachu
You showed me that Pikachu vs Kirby is pretty much even while Pikachu and Peach is most likely pretty much even(maybe slightly in Peach's favor)
BTW my name is Dee and I just go by player 1 for my tag, has anyone seen and remembered me?
I fought her before too, did she use meta knight?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
To Jeff, Dylan and Hoyo: we played some good For Fun doubles. But the matches where me (Blonde Zelda) and Dylan were partners were especially good.

Izaw

Smash Ace
I think I played @ Izaw Izaw today?

I was doubtful it was the real deal though. He kept playing Kirby. Anyways, I went in playing super careful because I recognized the name. I won once and lost once before he left.
Yea that was me bruh

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
To some Campy TL named JJ tag hensway or something.

Keep camping by the ledge and grabbing you'd get stomped on BF but keep thinking youre good, even went TL to show how easy it was (TL is a scrub char), had him working and i dont even play TL its that easy, use B moves.

anyway ggs to him, tho if hes around i'd like to show him how it really is on BF, GL trying that out. Played ness mostly.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I played two good players today, but I can't find 'em on here. ZBD and Sweykos... something or other. The former played Robin and D3, and the latter Sheik, Jiggles and a few others.

I was using my friend's 3DS, so my tag was Bridger.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
GG's Taco

That was a nasty kirby. I got you in game 1 and got a little bit too cocky.

I'll make sure to respect the kirby foot from now on.
Good stuff man, good stuff.

:006:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Shout-outs to a few different players. Ganny, who played a respectful Ganondorf and won most of the matches. The one match I did win was a complete fluke, though- he killed himself off stage with a wizard's foot at 0%. He even gave me a courtesy taunt after I got a particularly nice looking combo off as ROB, even if he did go on to win that match.

Then there was Dilemma, who used the tag "4 MR E." Played a pretty nice Marth and Captain Falcon, but I 2-0'd him as King Dedede and he left.

Finally, I unfortunately don't remember the tag...but maybe it was @Calaca? He had a Mii with dot eyes and a white hat, I think. Played a nice Mega Man and Ganondorf (I kept coming across Ganon all day today). I think I started off using Captain Falcon, then switched off to Dedede and then Charizard later on.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
GGs to "Poobah!", nice G&W and Marth.
Especially that Marth, geez, you really know that character through and through.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Ryo from Belgium who used Ganondorf, Dedede and Samus! Some of those were matches so crazy that I had to save replays. You were also quite the risk taker off stage, had me very scared when recovering. :D
Once again, good games! I was the Marth, Zelda and Robin with the tag "Matsu."

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Good games to "Young$tone." I didn't stand a chance, saved some replays to learn.

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
To some Campy TL named JJ tag hensway or something.

Keep camping by the ledge and grabbing you'd get stomped on BF but keep thinking youre good, even went TL to show how easy it was (TL is a scrub char), had him working and i dont even play TL its that easy, use B moves.

anyway ggs to him, tho if hes around i'd like to show him how it really is on BF, GL trying that out. Played ness mostly.
Played him too, super campy and really annoying...

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Just played oogamania, you're way better at the ditto than I am. Didn't help that I SD'ed twice but I knew I had to be done after that, haha.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Played him too, super campy and really annoying...
I beat him too, hope you showed him what for as well. Like he's good yeah but its like he does it on purpose. Wish bf was a thing.

EDIT: tag Coldsol in a werid way. idk the NNID. NICE pac i like it when someone has a good pac man idk why. anyway our games were close i won em all but damn cool pac. Sorry if i was patient idk why i was playing you that way, im usually aggro. ggs dude

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Let's see what FG brings to my table tonight.

I'm recording this time for ma u t00b but also so I can repost the NNIDs of tonight's set.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
GGs Marc/POPP. At first I was a little salty because I thought you switched to Mario to counterpick my Dedede, but it became clear to me that Mario is your main, or at least seems to be. Even though I tried to adapt I just couldn't keep up with Dedede, I had to switch off to ROB and once I did I really started enjoying our matches. You're really good at spacing your aerials so you land on their shield but still are able to act out of them safely, and you forced me to step up my spacing game with ROB. It was fun.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Quick shoutout to @Paw from about ten minutes ago, using Falcon and Zamus. I was that Robin/Game and Watch/Jigglypuff/Sonic/Olimar. Pretty solid games all-around, your Falcon is someone I can't even give an inch to or else you're certainly taking that mile.

Maybe someday I'll swing on down to Texas so we can have some solid offline sets.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I would usually list people's names on here in hopes of hopefully finding someone, but the last 40 (Yes, I counted each and every one of them.) matches everyone left after the first match.

Why do people leave after the first match? I don't understand.
Lag: Not worth staying around, win or lose.

Lack of Confidence in Their Character: I had this happen a few times today. If you two stock them the first match, they're probably afraid it will happen again, so they leave in hopes to find someone on their level or someone they can actually beat with ease.

2 Stocked: If you're the one who two stocked and you know you're a better player, should you stay knowing you'll win again, or find someone around your level or one that has you on your toes? If you're the one getting two stocked, same deal. It's elitist, yes, but some people want to have a challenge. And yes, in a way, it's ironic, because the person you two stocked may be looking for a challenge him or herself.

Boring: The opponent thought you were playing predictable, heavily rolling, or too patient, that it got to the point of no longer caring and didn't want to play you again because you were being boring in their eyes.

Cockiness:
Whether you're the one winning or losing, do you want to deal with a cocky player? It's a lot more satisfying to take out a cocky player who taunts at your stock loss and then leave after, because they're left feeling salty.

Had To Leave:
Maybe they had time for one more match, backed out from one room and went into another, and you were just the last person they were going to play for the day or that time.

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
Lag: Not worth staying around, win or lose.

Lack of Confidence in Their Character: I had this happen a few times today. If you two stock them the first match, they're probably afraid it will happen again, so they leave in hopes to find someone on their level or someone they can actually beat with ease.

2 Stocked: If you're the one who two stocked and you know you're a better player, should you stay knowing you'll win again, or find someone around your level or one that has you on your toes? If you're the one getting two stocked, same deal. It's elitist, yes, but some people want to have a challenge. And yes, in a way, it's ironic, because the person you two stocked may be looking for a challenge him or herself.

Boring: The opponent thought you were playing predictable, heavily rolling, or too patient, that it got to the point of no longer caring and didn't want to play you again because you were being boring in their eyes.
Cockiness: Whether you're the one winning or losing, do you want to deal with a cocky player? It's a lot more satisfying to take out a cocky player who taunts at your stock loss and then leave after, because they're left feeling salty.
Had To Leave: Maybe they had time for one more match, backed out from one room and went into another, and you were just the last person they were going to play for the day or that time.
You certainly know your shizz manizz, that's for damn sure. I was expecting someone to reply with a simple sentence, not 6 examples. Kudos to you, sir.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Good **** Games peter

I had to stick to my best characters vs you, you outright crushed everyone else, and even then I only managed to pull through by the skin of my teeth.

Like dude, after game 1, when you destroyed my rosalina i was like "yup, I'm gonna need to turn up the monstercat for this".

I was thinking of leaving before you did to be quite honest.
Not because the games were boring (quite the opposite)

But because of how exhausting those games were mentally.

GGs and hope to meet you again.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
I just played a guy called "Eamon" who had an amazing Zelda. He gave me 2 quite even matches - while I was playing Fox! That must be a ridicoulously hard matchup for Zelda, but he had some really good reads, especially in the first game. After I lost the first and won the second game, he switched to Falcon. I expected to get 2-stocked when I saw his switch, but I can proudly say that I lost pretty closely. ;)

Anyway, I feel like I should have lost those matches harder than I did. That guy played really clever. I would not wonder if he has some other main completely different from those he played.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Dude theres this kid named james, i was messing around in for fun, and he wrecks everything even tho im luigi and i was just standing there, then im all this guy aint all that, and challenged him and beat him bad in with friends sets, even though i was barely trying and he was playing super safe, i wanted to disrespect but then im all nah. But then when i beat his lucina, he rages and blocks me, i even met you in fg james, LET ME LOVE YOU.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I was wondering if the player named slaud would show himself. He was a beast king dede player, my in game name was calculus, we had some good matches on the 3ds.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Not sure who Clint is, but I played him on the 3DS just now on a ton of FG matches and it was a BLAST. We both kept changing characters and played for like an hour, and it was great. I'm sorry I had to go, because I was having so much fun!

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Not sure who Clint is, but I played him on the 3DS just now on a ton of FG matches and it was a BLAST. We both kept changing characters and played for like an hour, and it was great. I'm sorry I had to go, because I was having so much fun!
That kirby signature tho

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Why does it seem like everyone seems to be running into more quality matches on the 3DS opposed to the Wii U. ;~;"

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Just played someone Name [S3] Mtn...

Play a very safe villager and pacman, the villager I had no chance against, but I went even with the pacman.

If you are out there add me, I know nothing about the villager mu and I need someone to teach me. + the connection was flawless

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Ah well.

And GG's to CH, your Falcon is decent. I kind of lol'd though when I caught you in a d-air + up-tilt string with Kirbs, I dunno if you maybe lagged out or d/c'd or whatever, but I was laughing when I realized that a cpu had taken over. (I was hype though; first time I've ever pulled that string off online lmao.)

Elpeo Puru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-3051-5146
Fought a Pikachu by the name of WiiDude on 3DS. Solid link ups, and read me pretty well. We ended up even, but he was objectively better.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Fought someone named Logic earlier today. He went Yoshi, ans a few other characters; ggs to you.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I love how the attitude of most players completely switch to troll mode when ever I feel like playing as Little Mac. It's blatantly obvious how much they dislike fighting him. A lost stock with him never goes untaunted and majority of players just leave after the first game. Little Mac is just misunderstood.
While I don't do any of this, I feel like I'm being spit on if I let a Mac body me badly. Zelda loses pretty badly to Mac so if I don't play like the way you describe... I'll probably get 2-stocked.

I don't know about misunderstood, but Mac really isn't fun to fight. Matches are too polar.

That and I don't like boxers hitting my princess...

Last edited:
Top Bottom