• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Hello, Smashers! Faora here!

Find yourself playing in For Glory against some random person, and they're just pretty dang awesome? Or someone who challenges you in just the right way that you're not used to from the general scrubs and pros you keep coming across? Gee, it sure would be nice to have a chance to find them, so you could battle them again...

Wait no more! For this is the Player-Finder Thread! Here, post the names of the people you played in the hopes of finding them amongst the SmashBoards community! No more hoping! No more vain searching! With this thread, everything you could ever need* is right here!

So come on! Find those people who kicked your butt/got their butt kicked by you! Don't be shy!

And to kick it off, I'm wondering if there's someone here who went by what I could only see as 'MomoJig' on my screen. You were an awesome opponent, and I hope I get to play you again sometime. I was that annoying, annoying Samus player you ran into in For Glory!

* - ensure you continue to intake vital fluids, food and oxygen to continue existing while fulfilling your other needs through this thread.

Moderator Edit: First off, there is 0 tolerance in terms of trolling and flaming in this thread. If you don't have anything good to say about a player you came across online or a user who posts here that in no way is constructive; then just don't say it. Tagging users deliberately to mock, insult, bash, trash, ridicule, or anything of that sort will result in warnings or infractions depending on past warning history. You can give constructive negative criticism without being an *** about it. If myself or a staff sees a user tagging someone just to troll them or calling out players because "You are unfair and cheap! **** YOU!" will result in warnings and/or infractions.

Secondly, this isn't a "For Glory Whine Fest". If you have criticism that in know way is productive for this thread, please use the Disappointments Thread ( http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb3d-disappointments-thread.367870/page-24 ). This thread also isn't for voicing disappointment for the game in general. This thread is not for you to complain, rage, and hurl insults at players you fought on For Glory. Doing so will result in warnings/infractions for spam. If you want to have a constructive discourse on problems with the "For Glory" mode, that is alright but posting a rant that it tantamount to a "rage fest" will be considered off-topic. Basically, keep it civil.

Lastly, please keep discussion on-topic. Character discussion and match ups are fine and dandy but keep the brunt of that discussion for the Character sub-categories. There are MU threads set up for the very purpose of discussing MU's.

- Venus

OP Edit: Thanks Venus for your wise words and warnings! This is a helpful thread looking to reunite people with their rivals, and not a place for raging and flaming. Be the better people, people, and love the game!

Last edited:

Hoser

Smash Ace
I was thinking of making a topic like this.

There's only been a few players I've enjoyed playing with, and they've all had Japanese names, so I can't really post them here.

But if anyone gets wreaked by an Ike named "Hoser," that's me :p

Edit: If Nique is a member here, message me. We had some good Ike/Mario games.

Last edited:

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
Some guy named Chris kicked my 455 with Bowser, though there were some intense moments. I just couldn't smash him off the stage far enough, he survived beyond 200%. :p

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Whoever you are, Eric, you glorious ******* continue having an amazing internet connection. First and only virtually lag-free match. I wish I could have played you more.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I was a scrubby yellow-black Mega Man by the name of Andi, although I didn't lose too often so I guess I'm better than I give myself credit for.

PuzzlePrism

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperMudkip
3DS FC
0301-9791-4897
I played a Bleu who played as Mario, Shiek, and Little Mac against my Duck Hunt, Villager, Ness and we kept on crouching, jumping around, dashing, etc. It'd be nice to find you again if you're on here lol/

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
If any of you come across a non-spammy black and white Little Mac or a green Fox with the name 7YearItch, I'm here to console you <3

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I had about ten or so matches in a row last night with someone named "Brewer". Quality internet connection save for a few hiccups, and we seemed to be on right about the same skill level while cycling through different characters every match.

I'll gladly play with that person again anytime.

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
There's a Lucina tag team going on in For Glory 2v2. I came across them yesterday and just five minutes before writing this. Gotta love them!

Shog

Smash Ace
I search someone names "Neko", being an awesome Rosalina player. If you are on Smashboards? I was the Charizard in Team matches!

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I played an awesome Rosalina player named Link. We also did some matches with Robin and Shulk, i'd love to do more.\

Edit: My name is Mew online... I play:
:rosalina::4bowserjr::4wiifitm::4robinf::4shulk:

Last edited:

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
Fought a damn good ZSS/Link player under the name Link14. I'm a black-shirt Shulk named Orlando, though I should consider changing my tag...

I actually ended up bumping into someone I was posting to on Smashboards in Glory yesterday, and confirmed it was indeed the same guy I was posting to. Hope you all have similar luck!

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
Played someone today named Lord Al... I wish the nametags could show the full name in some place if it doesn't fit. :/ Would love to play them again! I was IvoYarido. I tended to play Dedede most but we both swapped around quite a lot.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Played a guy/girl called Santio. Not tremendously top level, like me xD, but some of the most fun matches I've had with someone, culminating in a villager vs villager match in which we just pocketed stuff back and forth. I seriously need to friend this person.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I just got wrecked by this guy called Kuran, he plays Little Mac. Although, to be fair, I was being predictable.

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
Played about 12 matches against a guy named Alex. He was using a pink hair/black armor Lucina the whole time. I was using MArth and Lucina and we had some really close matches. Would have continued to play but gotta sleep soon. Wish there was messaging in the game so I could tell the guy GGs because most of the matches were really fun

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I am L.

Okay, I wanted to leave it at just that sentence, but you'll usually see me playing Sonic (Normal or Light Dash Ring Blue), Greninja and Lucario. Maybe some other people, but mainly Sonic above all else.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Probably my toughest opponent yet was a Dr Mario named Corbin. There was some lag, but he was still pulling off some pretty sweet moves. I think I ended up winning 2 out of 8.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Name is Ryan, I play as a pink Rosalina and sometimes random.
I should change my name to something more memorable, but I've only been in like 140 matches

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I played a Zero. Not sure if it was actually Zero though. He used Fox and was really- really good.
But I did beat him a few times. So if it was him...I feel accomplished. lol

Fauxhebro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fauxhebro
3DS FC
0318-7230-5120
Played a Wire Frame Little Mac with light blue gloves by the name of Wes. Would have loved to play more of him but he dropped out after I beat him with a black/yellow Lucina. I go buy the name of Fauxhebro on 1 on 1 and i hope to play you all one day.

Star2575

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2724-0493-9618
Name is Ryan, I play as a pink Rosalina and sometimes random.
I should change my name to something more memorable, but I've only been in like 140 matches
I think i battled you o _ o did you also play a Diddy? I was a Yoshi mainly sky blue named Blue.@ w @;

marioarturo2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
TuathaDanaan
Today I played some matches against Mr.E, a pretty good Marth against my Peach (Tuatha). We should play again sometime :)

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
My name on For Glory is obviously Gabukin, I usually play Robin, of course. but I also play Ness, Shulk, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I played a Zero. Not sure if it was actually Zero though. He used Fox and was really- really good.
But I did beat him a few times. So if it was him...I feel accomplished. lol
If the R was capital, then high chance it was thee zero.

And I float around as black dress Rosa and saturn shirt Ness. Sport the name Shania`. Out of the few days of playing online, only fought 2 evenly skilled players. Played this guy Gee-Tee earlier (I think it was) and his Fox was pretty darn good. Had to go sense it was about 5 am and had to sleep.

Last edited:

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
I played an amazing Yoshi named Blue. Definitely the best player I have encountered on For Glory. I was a Pac-Man named Jake.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I am Tero, and so far I've only been playing Yoshi online. I played some decent Fire Emblem player called "Wong". I also think I might have played Hoser, though I don't recall facing an Ike. The name is familiar though.

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
Ggs to somebody named Dan. Those were some good 1v1 matches. I played jiggs/peach/mario. -dono

Wronskian-Physics

Smash Cadet
Xano, wherever you are.

Do you remember that game where we both picked Greninja? The game started and we both did an uptaunt, followed by dash attacks that both missed and passed each other. It was like we were thinking the same thing.

And that game where I SDed in a dumb way, and you SDed yourself to make it even? You're a true man.

We played like 50 games together that first night Smash came out, and I'd really like to face you again some day, you were the most worthy foe I have yet to face.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Shout out to someone named Taxi, you actually made me try lol

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
My name is the same here in For Glory. I'm usually be old man ganon or wire frame hooded Mac if any of you had battled me

Top Bottom