• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your best character

toenail

Smash Rookie
Yeh my best character would have to be Ness, but when I'm not just playing ZIGGS I can beat anybody with just Falcon

Mura

Smash Apprentice

Wrong game. You're in the Super Smash Brother 64 section.

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu. He's very quick with both attack and recovery and if used properly, his down B lightening bolt is deadly....altho I see very few people using it well/at all in all the vids I've seen.

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Reason: too much start up and ending lag. Use it with an Up smash as a finisher.
Aye, I agree there, but its all about the timing and catching your opponent off-guard/luring them into it. I think I can use it pretty effectively without jepardising myself anyways. It does make a good finisher tho, especially when you catch them 2 or 3 times in a row before they go off the top of the screen. It also makes a nice alternative for keeping oppenents off the edge of the level.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Yah, I remember someone else talking about his Down B edge guard being godly. Yet we all know its his taunt thats the killer. So cute, who could even stand scaring that little creature by grabbing the edge?

_Ubemaya_

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to master Yoshi right now, and I'm improving my DK. I'm pretty good with Fox, Falcon, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff.
Some reasons why I like Yoshi:
-His double jump, if timed properly, can go through an attack and then Yoshi can retaliate with huge combos.
-His DJC N-air can break a shield (I'm pretty sure).
-DJC N-airs can be chained for 50+ damage at low percentages, especially against a wall.
-DJC U-airs can juggle heavy/tall opponents for 50+ damage.
-U-air has set knockback and can be easily chained for D-airs or you can juggle them.
-Edge-cancelled eggs are very annoying (I suck at it though).

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
My best should be Ness, i also do good with DK, jigglypuff and Yoshi.

Fabrian

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to master Yoshi right now, and I'm improving my DK. I'm pretty good with Fox, Falcon, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff.
Some reasons why I like Yoshi:
-His double jump, if timed properly, can go through an attack and then Yoshi can retaliate with huge combos.
-His DJC N-air can break a shield (I'm pretty sure).
-DJC N-airs can be chained for 50+ damage at low percentages, especially against a wall.
-DJC U-airs can juggle heavy/tall opponents for 50+ damage.
-U-air has set knockback and can be easily chained for D-airs or you can juggle them.
-Edge-cancelled eggs are very annoying (I suck at it though).
Ay! ive been trying to master yoshi for the past year or two wtv since ssp Pros forums started. One thing though dont rely on moves like the djc up air on good players... they tend to DI down or up screwing it up and you will be left opened. N-air is pretty good hard to chain at low percentages even if it's a shield breaker.

Yoshi is pretty good for playing mind games and comboing from faint hits if you master that you'll be able to combo charachters lighter than mario.

Were you playing me btw i abuse those edge canceled eggs all the time... and believe me on this piece of trash keyboard egg cancel is an ***...

Xd play me to see my weird finishers >.<!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
On dis game I am a sovereign with my boy Luigi! I juggle the living mess out of people with unbelievable combos. Oh, those were the good ol days...

Xelyst

-_-
Fox and Pikachu xD

Fox cause he's simply mad combos/pikachu cause hes too good

Elen

Smash Lord
Hmm, probably tied between Link and CF. Fox is ridiculous tho :p

Mana_Roy

Smash Rookie
My Best Character Is A Juggle Between Dk And C.falcon. Dk Has A Quick Recovery Dodge And Is F@#$%n Powerful, But Falcon Has Super Quick Attacks And A Killer Arial Moves. Depends What Character My Opponent Is. All In All I Like Power And/or Speed.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
My best character is fox,Because 1.he's my favorite character,2. I like him,3.he's fast,4. I think it easier to pull off alot of his combos.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Cool thread. So old. I dunno who my best is. Hopefully it will be DK one day =)

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
I love playing Link and Captain Falcon.
Mostly Link because of the projectiles and what not.
Falcon cause of the speed, I guess.

I just love Smash 64 because you can be more creative than the others... Melee you can be just as creative just in a different way. Brawl however, no. All defense.
haha I shouldnt talk about this stuff in depth since not many care.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
I gotta say that I feel most comfortable with Link. I mostly play 64 just for the fun of it, even if it against bots by myself I still enjoy it a lot. The whole flow of the character is just right for me.

Oh, and I play an aggressive Link (I know it's not optimal, but it's just so much fun!). Throw a bomb in their face, then rang, u-tilt, u-tilt, u-tilt, FORWARD SMASH!

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
I have always found Link in all smash games very underrated if used well but with a big learning curve.
But I guess the learning curve is because of his slow movement. Hahaha. Idk.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
If Link didn't have a 7 frame jump animation, I wouldn't want to kill myself every time I played him. Maybe

Top Bottom