• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your best character

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
i use pika a lot! i mainly play him, ness, and falcon. Other than that, i've been getting really into samus lately. that back-air is massive >_<

Roy_Master_2006

Smash Cadet
dwp171 said:
i use pika a lot! i mainly play him, ness, and falcon. Other than that, i've been getting really into samus lately. that back-air is massive >_<
Tell me about it man.By the way...will there be Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournaments in Brampton?

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
That would be fox, it used to be kirby. But I found fox's combos to be more fluent so I started using him. Plus seeing ppl's reactions when you shine spike them is great, especially when the more experience players john about it. :laugh:

Jack_Gilardi

Smash Rookie
hells yea

My favorite character is samus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will kill everyone with samus! yea what?!?! yea i challenge you! biotch

ncruz013

Smash Rookie
my numero uno character is zelda. she is claimed to be low tier, but i disagree with the tier list. zelda is slow, and her wave dash is not that great, but her dodge roll is good. she has very powerful attacks. her F/B air is my favorite attack. short hop and a F/B air is probably the most effective move. That kick really sticks; it shoots your opponent pretty far. and her forward A is good for edge guarding. i also like to use her up B to psyche out my opponent. just teleport to different spots, but ya gotta be careful not to get too carried away with it. and also the recovery for that move takes too long. and sheik is good too, but i prefer zelda over sheik, she is saved for when i wanna be mean, or am desperate.

my other favorite characters are the
ice climbers
link
gannondorf
peach

thedrumer27

Smash Rookie
As i've gone through the list of everyone's bests, i couldn't help but notice that ness doesn't appear much. I use ness all the time and i've perfected my yo-yo and smash down moves. THe reflector (that doesn't reflect but absorbs) is a waste. I never use it, but still ness is the best.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
thedrumer27 said:
As i've gone through the list of everyone's bests, i couldn't help but notice that ness doesn't appear much. I use ness all the time and i've perfected my yo-yo and smash down moves. THe reflector (that doesn't reflect but absorbs) is a waste. I never use it, but still ness is the best.
top 3 list that I use:
Captain Falcon
Fox
Ness

theres some ness's out there, doing those 1 combo ko's makes my day though

Emerald_Yoshi

Smash Rookie
I feel there always seems to be a Kirby vs. Yoshi thingy. I'm always on the Yoshi side!!! I hate it when Kirbies beat me but then in turn I love it when Yoshi wins. Either way I think both of them RULE ^^ The amazing thing is that they're strong without any weapons although Yoshi uses the egg. Oh yea and my favourite strategy is slapping my opponent with the tail, hitting my opponent with my big Yoshi head and once at the edge fling them out of the arena or the best, dump them down the screen. Yeay!!!

uremog

Smash Ace
kirby and ness all the way. and the reflector is good vs noobs since they'll eventually wonder where's all the items?! omg stop cheating there's no items!! so you humor them and put some on and absorb them for an easy 4-stock.
<_<
uh... ok, that's it.

ajjc89

Smash Cadet
It's Fox with me. He has some of the fastest and strongest moves, he is good long range and short, and he is one of the best a racking up damage when the opponent is in the air. Kirby and Samus are close behind.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I use Link almost everytime in SSB, and I can own all my friends with him, even though he really lacks in the throwing/speed/recovering. But when I pick up the pad and start using Fox, nothing can stand in my way, he just has so many strenghts in SSB; speed, power, amazing grabs, reflectors. His only freakin weakness is his recovery, and then only because of his Firefox. His jump still owns.

Thino

Smash Master
Beside Falcon , I like lightweights becuz of their speed (except Fox becuz of his horrendous 3rd jump), Falcon is the only one I dashdance with, Ness , Pika and Kirby come in 2nd

ajjc89

Smash Cadet
fox doesnt have a horendous 3rd jump! its just not that usefull on offense
it still has good range and can save a fox many times!
it can be very helpful and useful

Thino

Smash Master
ajjc89 said:
fox doesnt have a horendous 3rd jump! its just not that usefull on offense
it still has good range and can save a fox many times!
it can be very helpful and useful
this **** is still edgeguard bait from miles away!

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Ever since practicing, I've gotten Ness' PK Thunder Recovery pretty good and all I need are combos and Defence. So far, all I use are meteor smash (repeatedly), PK-Smash into, shield breaker, and the regular moves.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
mastahwolf said:
this **** is still edgeguard bait from miles away!
Not as much as you would think. Fox can rather easily sweetspot the edge, making edgeguards very hard to time, or can simply cruise on over his opponent and drop behind them. If you're hanging slightly above the stage in the beginning sequence of the Fire Fox, you'll notice that if you dive it into the stage at steep enough angle, Fox bounces and rolls and stands right back up as opposed to landing and slowly regaining control. It's far from useless.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Thino

Smash Master
but Fox is still defenseless at the very moment he starts his Fire Fox , thats usually the moment I choose to attack him when I'm his opponent (usually with a nair), not while he's doin it or anything. Fox slightly hanging above? I simply quit edgeguarding to normal fight or try a Link's fsmash cuz it usually take opponent (Fox) from above. when I say edgeguard bait Im speakin bout when Fox 's fairly below the edge

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Fox is my best character for the N64, and for the the gamecube. I got started on him for the N64.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing with Kirby of late. I don't get as much practice with my Pika as I should, as it's pretty much ownage every time, so I've been working on other characters. Kirby has an incredible interruption game, can drill to an R-cancelled throw, has more spikes than he knows what to do with, and the 2nd best recovery in the game. He's also quick and relatively agile, and doesn't need to be lightning fast, due to his interrupting play-style. A fair to the face will pretty much squash any attempts by your opponent to start a combo, and then you can start one of your own.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Thino

Smash Master
Captain_Obvious said:
I've been playing with Kirby of late. I don't get as much practice with my Pika as I should, as it's pretty much ownage every time, so I've been working on other characters. Kirby has an incredible interruption game, can drill to an R-cancelled throw, has more spikes than he knows what to do with, and the 2nd best recovery in the game. He's also quick and relatively agile, and doesn't need to be lightning fast, due to his interrupting play-style. A fair to the face will pretty much squash any attempts by your opponent to start a combo, and then you can start one of your own.

- Captain R.D. Obvious
man that exactly the way i play w/ kirby . dont forget his other air attacks, combined w/ his 6 jumps makes him a pretty good edgeguarder. i noticed i u-tilt more & more with him like pika

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'll be frank. In SSB64...

My 2 best are the 2 best.
My best edgeguards like no one else.
My best owns the cheapest spike in the game.
My 2nd best is really fast and strong.
My best has the strongest throws.
My 2nd best doesn't get paralyzed from his 3rd jump.
My 2 best got nerfed in melee a bit.
My 2 best are rigged.
My best is Ness, with Kirby going for 2nd. They're both just too good. :D

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Dark_Ness said:
I'll be frank. In SSB64...

My best owns the cheapest spike in the game.
My 2 best got nerfed in melee a bit.
:D
True dat.

Mine went in this order since the beggining.
Samus
Period of who could play samus out of my friends
Every one started using fox besided one of my smashers
ALL used fox
One got melee, and now owns us
I use fox/ness
Now im trying to get combos with every one.

HUGE HINT to noobs. Lol, not that huge but it worked for me. By sliding your fingers and doing air attacks two in. off the ground to work up MAJOR combos. Like shield cancel, and meteor for ness, and kirby's DAir.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
My best character is Falcon, as of a week ago. I don't even need to practice with him... he's a cheap little bastord. My favorite is Link, because he pwns joo. My second favorite is Pika, though I don't play him a lot anymore...

It's unfortunate to watch videos of, say, Link vs. Fox matches (or Link vs. ANYONE matches) because you'll see the Link player going nuts, being super-skilled, knowing all of his moves inside-out and such... and then he suddenly messes up once, gets back-throwed off an edge, and then dies. Simple as that. Link is sooooo perfectly balanced, EXCEPT FOR HIS JUMPS/WEIGHT. :p Fricking HAL... you've ruined me!

Falcon is fun though. I can taunt cancel off the same edge twice in a row every time now. :D Not to mention bair-whoring. His uair is the funnest move in the game, because of the selective hit angle depending on when/where you hit them. I love forwards throwing someone away from an edge, running to the other side of them, jumping, and uair-spiking them back off the edge. Looks so cool. Too bad you can whoore his uair like there's no tomorrow, and top it off with an Up-B... cheapest "combo" ever.

Thino

Smash Master
mooseproduce said:
It's unfortunate to watch videos of, say, Link vs. Fox matches (or Link vs. ANYONE matches) because you'll see the Link player going nuts, being super-skilled, knowing all of his moves inside-out and such... and then he suddenly messes up once, gets back-throwed off an edge, and then dies. Simple as that. Link is sooooo perfectly balanced, EXCEPT FOR HIS JUMPS/WEIGHT. :p Fricking HAL... you've ruined me!
links recovery sucks *** , no matter how skilled u are , makes him NOT perfectly balanced ( I know u said EXCEPT FOR HIS JUMPS/WEIGHT however, i wanted to point that out :p
mooseproduce said:
Falcon is fun though. I can taunt cancel off the same edge twice in a row every time now. :D Not to mention bair-whoring. His uair is the funnest move in the game, because of the selective hit angle depending on when/where you hit them. I love forwards throwing someone away from an edge, running to the other side of them, jumping, and uair-spiking them back off the edge. Looks so cool. Too bad you can whoore his uair like there's no tomorrow, and top it off with an Up-B... cheapest "combo" ever.
I recently noticed Falcon is fast but heavy ( it was a match against a good jiggly yesterday) couldnt recover from a simple dair , not even SHed O_o. anyway , fthrow is a perfect beginnin for an air combo i think every falcon user know the Uair x2 + UpB combo , but i recently master the SH fair x2 + SH nair , and it owns !!!

duffdude_1

Smash Rookie
Jose Marzan said:
I wanna know who people's best characters are and their stradegy. And to all Kirby users &gt; Kirby is the best one of all
Fox is my best character and my staragity I can't reviel until in a match. Probalble because I don't have one.

duffdude_1

Smash Rookie
Travis

Jose Marzan said:
I wanna know who people's best characters are and their stradegy. And to all Kirby users &gt; Kirby is the best one of all
Fox is my best character and my staragity I can't reviel until in a match. Probalble because I don't have one.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
mastahwolf said:
I recently master the SH fair x2 + SH nair , and it owns !!!
Uhhh... why so specific? If you can do that particular combination of moves, why not mix it up constantly? :p I mean... Falcon is a SUPER MASTAR of air juggling. After doing your combo there, dash to where they're gonna land, and usmash. Then do uair x 2... then tap down, go back up, and dair them. Then watch wherever they're rolling, and beat them to that position. Etc, etc, etc... it just seems to me that SH fair x2 + SH nair or even Uair x2 + UpB are really weird things to consider as individual combos. They're more combo starters. (Well, not Uair x2 + UpB, but who wants to do just 2 Uairs anyways? You're FALCON. How about 5 uairs and THEN an Up B. :] )

Thino

Smash Master
I was specific cuz i mostly training on dreamland which is a small level , sure that Uair is the best of falcons moves ( after falcon punch of course )

ZIGGS

Smash Rookie
The best characeters in the game are definetly Ness and Pikachu, by far, anyone that plays as anyone other than those 2, falcon or fox isn't even a challenge

Top Bottom