• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your best character

Jose Marzan

Smash Rookie
I wanna know who people's best characters are and their stradegy. And to all Kirby users > Kirby is the best one of all

FERNO

Smash Apprentice
My best character is Kirby because of his lack of gravity and decieving reach. Kirby can actually reach pretty far with his Smashes.
Anyway my strategy with Kirby could be to rally smashes and small hits to get some space, then I go for the edge guarding or a out of the blue foward smash which catches some people of guard with the look at Kirby has little reach, I wont do much in the air with Kirby, but overall I like to take defense as an offence because its easier to know what to do when an opponent is coming from one direction rather than charging and when the opponent has more options like rolling, jumping, smashing etc.
I don't Chase, I wait.

Mr Freeze

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow,a common beginning topic....
Oh,well,I use two,Link and Fox,most of the time.
I use Link on the small levels,because he is slow,but if used properly,almost unbeatable,and use Fox for the big,long levels and really get my opponents angry the strike when the teqnique they use gets sloppy.

Goten

Smash Apprentice
My best character is Pikachu because hes quick, his moves are quick, and I like to annoy my friends by using his grab move over and over. :D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Definately Mario, w/ Jigglypuff tied, but I used to rule with Mario.

But now, I'd have to say Fox, I'm finally using him to his fullest power.

Mario27

Smash Lord
these are my best people from long ago to now.

1.DK
2.Ness
3.Capt.Falcon
4.Mario

Now:Kirby

and jose marzan all the characters are made evenly.

77Seven_Stars77

Smash Journeyman
well i dont think i have a character im BEST with but i love using yoshi and i think hes one of my better characters. I like using his lil head flip juggle thing (up,a) and then juggling and using his smash+up+a. that move is killer. i find his smash attacks to be fairly fast and strong. his b moves which are higly underrated are great and i find he can take a lot of punishment as well as dish plenty out. and you cant forget about the down+a feet attack.

Bret

Smash Rookie
Alright, lets get this set straight. Mario is the best fighter of them all! he has the combo moves, he can jump well to get back on and if you have mastered him , he is the best, my greatest opponent is dk though.

E-Oreo

Smash Apprentice
Ness, i get them out over the edge and then down A them to death, if that dosn't work then when they are hanging on the edge I shoot them with pk fire.

Fox#1

Smash Ace
I play good with Fox with his speed i can run circles around everybody and I could be a very good challenge with him.

mazdak

Smash Journeyman
I'D SAY MY BEST CHARACTER WOULD BE ZELDA/SHEIK BECAUSE THEY HAVE MAGNIFICENT COMBOS AND ATTACK ESSPECIALLY WEN UR FEELING SLOW WIT ZELDA U CAN JUS TRANSFORM TO A FAST,POWERFUL, AND UNSTOPABLE SHEIK........THE THING I LIKE BOUT BOWSER IS DAT HES STRONG BUT TOOOOO TOOOOO SLOW! BYE!
Code:

Lightcharting

Smash Cadet
I scanned the list and didn't see any Luigis. While I wouldn't say he's always my best, I've frustrated more than a few top characters. About the only character I can't compete consistently against is Kirby, although, I've pulled a few out of my cap.

I've heard many people mistake Luigi as being similar to Mario which is totally not true. I use them both often and they are worlds apart. Mario, like Fox, has limited smash ability. Instead he must wear down his opponent to the point that they can be easily knocked out. (Ordinarily, no biggie, except against D.K.) Luigi on the other hand, is too slow and clumsy to be a "hit & run" kind of fighter. Instead I either let the opponent come to him or set up traps. With Luigi Cyclone and his Coin Punch you can easily deliver a decisive blow against even the bigger characters without much accumulated damage. DO NOT try to out-punch your opponent as Luigi, it just won't happen. Be evasive or be confrontational, just be well-timed and you can beat anyone.

okager

Smash Apprentice
i am the with kirby !!! he is so cheap cauze when an opponent is coming back to the stage,kirby will drill kick him/her . yeah :-)

okager

Smash Apprentice
i am the with kirby !!! he is so cheap cauze when an opponent is coming back to the stage,kirby will drill kick him/her . yeah :-)

saud

Smash Lord
Krbyis my favorite because he rocks with his b down attack especially useful for too many enimies, and his a right/left attack really speedy

Muffinman389

BRoomer
BRoomer
Link, I like his agility, fast and powerful moves, and most of all, his sword, it's funny because no one else has a sword and if were a real fight there would be one obvious winner...

Cyberventurer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...the winner would be Samus with her Charge shot. LOL
I've started to get better with Link & Fox still, but my edge with Falcon is starting to slip.

kirbyultimate

Smash Lord
I'd have to agree with Mario27 and that all characters are equally created (except Jigglypuff, that character is a joke ), but Kirby is the best character for people who like to fly anywhere they want, gravity is oblivious to him. :D His rock move launches everybody in his way like a rocket. his suck in move makes him be clone another person and use their move against them. i can't wait for me to get GameCube and Melee so i can have that hammer and a lot more characters to clone. :cool:

Mident

Smash Rookie
Personally I'm a pikachu fan, in a one on one battle his quick attack usually lets you run rings around the opponent while you jump over them and use thunder until they're weak enough to be thrown out with a throw.....

oakley

Smash Rookie
mine would be ness. he is fast but i've heard is hard to get good at? i wouldn't know. i started with him so i was bad to begin with anyway. i'm pretty good with his pk thunder and smashing myself into ppl or back to safety. also like someone else said i throw them off and down + A them to death (also works with down + R) ;)

bunjiman008

BRoomer
BRoomer
For me, Fox has been my best for as long as I can remember. He's fast, so that I can get him around pretty quickly and knock out all the players. I am absolutely worst with DK, but that is probably because I don't play him much. I recently realized though, that Jigglypuff is becoming my best. It is the Up+A that really is killer.

Zetherual

Smash Rookie
ICE CLIMBERS rule. In ssb I was the best with Mario but now that ICE CLIMBERS are in they smash out all competition. They have power, speed and great combo attacks.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
My best character is pikachu. I am almost godlike with him, but now i'm getting pretty good with kirby and fox. Pikachu has great agility attacks and great speed. I like Kirby because of his ability to do combos, and I like Fox because of his juggling ability and his ability to reflect projectiles.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Mine is K-I-R-B-Y
KIRBY!!
He whoops *** . Plain and simple.

kirbyultimate

Smash Lord
It should be for SSB only, I think Melee characters shouldn't be in this because some people haven't played Melee yet, like me :( . Mostly because I may change my mind about best player when I play it (not likely). it took me a long time to master Kirby's moves, maybe I'll have a backup character.

Kirby rules! ;)

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Hmm in the first half year I had SSB was I best with Link. Then I moved on with Pikachu, Then Samus (Two months before I came to these boards), and last Capt Falcon. Now I'm going back to Link again.

Link- I liked his strong smash \/ and ^ A moves, and especilly his air moves. When I first trained with Link, it was based on his strentgh, a fast moves.

Pikachu- Well he's super fast, and has some good combos. But I moved on with Samus because I didn't like how Pikachu only has some few strong finish moves.

Samus- The queen in the air. One spike air move, the massive destruction napalm move, and a powerful backkick. I like how all the moves are different and can be used in almost every situation.

Capt. Falcon- Again I choosed a strong character with good air moves, though I still trained with Samus.

Link- Second time I began to train with Link, I wanted to make a beautiful battle style with him. So I use his boomerang often in a combo with tilt A. I use rolls more, I use more tilt A moves than Smash A moves, I try to get hit at least at possible.

I guess that I'm best with Link. And now I've created two battle styles with him which may help me in future battles.
I'm almost as good with Samus, Pikachu and CF, but I kill more and looses less lives with Link.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I did something similar. In order of my starting to last chars...

Pikachu, Mario, Jigglypuff, Link, Falcon, Luigi, Ness, Samus, Kirby, Yoshi, DK, and finally, Fox.

Fox is now my best, and I rock with him!

Top Bottom