• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your all time favorite videogame character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
mine is probably Vivi from FF9. (PSX) Probably the main character from Mystic Quest too. (I'm pretty sure his ORIGINAL name was benjamin, it's been awhile) I just thought his shrug thing was cool.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by edud
This makes me wonder, Is Link GAY?

He looks like it, and I just want to know

Oh god, please say yes o_o *stares at official artwork of Link for the new GCN Zelda game :3*

I also love Pent, Lucius, Erk (who would name their child that? Cruel parents...), and Lyn from FE. Although Kent, Raven, and practically every guy under 30 years old in FE is extremely hot.

Oh yeah, and all three girls (Mia, Sheba and Jenna) from Golden Sun pwnz.

Ummm, let's see... oh yeah, Vincent (FFVII) and Dante (Devil May Cry) totally pwnz me. o_o *stares at their artwork* *sigh* :3

Aaand before I freak everyone else out I'll shut up.

*wishes I had my friend's nightmare of Link ****** him ._.*

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Originally posted by JediMasterYoda98
Oh god, please say yes o_o *stares at official artwork of Link for the new GCN Zelda game :3*

I also love Pent, Lucius, Erk (who would name their child that? Cruel parents...), and Lyn from FE. Although Kent, Raven, and practically every guy under 30 years old in FE is extremely hot.

Ummm, let's see... oh yeah, Vincent (FFVII) and Dante (Devil May Cry) totally pwnz me. o_o *stares at their artwork* *sigh* :3

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
Originally posted by JediMasterYoda98

that's a very interesting post. please tell me that was pure sarcasm.

CloudKid2k4

Smash Lord
yes, please, that post disturbs me now that I know you weren't joking or being sarcastic. *shudders*

Ganon963

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Metroid Killer
Samus Aran
Games: Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime 2.
Systems: NES, GB, SNES, GBA, GC, GBASP.

Link
Games: Legend of Zelda, LoZ: Link's Adventure, LoZ: A Link to the Past, LoZ: Link's Awakening, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, LoZ: Majora's Mask, LoZ: Oracle of Ages, LoZ, Oracle of Seasons, LoZ: Wind Waker, LoZ: Four Swords and Several of those phillips crap games.
Systems: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GBA, GC.
Took my words....

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
yes, please, that post disturbs me now that I know you weren't joking or being sarcastic. *shudders*
Yoda's gay. So what?

You'll get over it.

Grow up, you lovely little daffadoils.

Anyway, Link is pretty sexy.

Geph

Smash Cadet
I've never been fond of Link because he wears hose/tights.

Favorite characters, eh? Hmm...

Guilty Spark 343 (Halo, Xbox) because I found him pleasingly funny. Just very quirky. But when I found out that he can't be killed, I was slightly disappointed.

Solid Snake (MGS, MGS2, PS2) because he stays cool even though he has a mullet. Raiden sickens me.

Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe, GC) because he's very stylish on the whole. "A real hero doesn't block punches, he just dances out of the way."

Hotsuma's Scarf (Shinobi, PS2) is the best. Scarf. Evar. It flows with an aura of pure coolness. Man, but I want a scarf like that.

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
Good Guy:
Zelos Wilder
Game: Tales of Symphonia
Quote: "I'm just too pretty! Seriously!"

Sheik
Games: Zelda: Oot/SSBM

Peregrin Took
Games: LOTR Return of the King, Battle for Middle-Earth
Quote: "They haven't seen me angry yet!"

Bad Guy:
Ganondorf
Games: Zelda: Oot, WW,/SSBM
Quote: "Do you know who I am?! I am Ganondorf. And soon I will rule the world!"

Mithos Yggdrassil
Game: Tales of Symphonia
Quote: "Everyone should become lifeless beings."

solidsnake2234

Smash Journeyman
solid snake:The ultimate warrior.
Sonic:See's eggmans threats as a game
Shadow:Bad guy who is good but does not know it
Crash Bandicoot:The stupid bandicoot who saves the world many times

I could go on forever

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
1. Conker
2. sword guy from Kirby (masked head, with feet)

DarkMechJock

Smash Rookie
Hero: Master Chief
Games: Halo, Halo 2
I like him because he's a very simple, gritty kind of hero. No bells and whistles for him beyond a simple shield. He just gets the job done with as many guns as possible.

Villain: Kerrigan
Games: Starcraft, Brood War
She is one of the deepest most manipulative villains ever created, leading everyone else to destroy each other, yet gracious enough to allow Mengsk and Zeratul (another of my favorites) to live, but only in their own private hells. And she was the victor in the end!

Neutral: Raziel
Games: LOK Soul Reaver, LOK SR 2, LOK Defiance
Even though he was the main character in the Soul Reaver games, it's kind of hard to classify him as a hero. As of the first and beginning of the second games, he didn't really care about much, he just wanted his revenge on Kain. However, once he learns about his destiny, he runs away and hides, deathly afraid of what it is. That, and he's a wraith. How many games let you play as those?

supersonic72001

Smash Cadet
Name:Sora
games:Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts2 and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
systems:GBA and PS2
choice of use:pS2

name:Shadow the Hedgehog
games:some of the Sonic series, Shadow Grinder(Mcdonalds happy meal game) and Shadow the Hedgehog
systems:McDonalds, GBA, PC, Dreamcast, PS2, XBOX and GCN
choise of use:Dreamcast

Name:Sonic the Hedgehog
systems:all sega systems exept Master System,GCN,GBA,XBOX,PS2,PC,N Gauge and soon the DS
system of choice:Genisis

Name:Zero
games:Mega Man Zero series, Mega Man Network Transmission and Mega ManX series
systems:SNES,GBC,GBA,PC,GCN,XBOX and PS2

the list goes on.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I don't understand how Cloud Strife isn't on all of these lists... Brain turning... To mush... Durp.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Cloud is pretty good, yea actually one of my favourites

Hero: Cloud Strife
Games: Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts; Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2
I like him for a lo of reasons. One he is in Final Fantasy VII, one of the top selling games of all-time, also I believe the first game on PS1 to incorperate CGI animation into it, so it's like a step for most future video games. Next to that he looks totally bad *** in Kingdom Hearts, and is just overall wicked awesome!

Villain: Mewtwo
Games: Any Pokemon game, Super Smash Bros Melee
I'm sorry but I can't think of anyone else. Mewtwo is plain overall badass. Did you see him in those 2 (badly done) movies? He was the reason I brought both of em. In Smash Bros he's pretty cool to use, and in Pokemon, he's like the final boss in the entire game! ESP and all around coolness = Mewtwo

Smash Lord
I like Link a lot, but above all other characters Dante from the Devil May Cry series is the greatest. Then Isaac from Golden Sun and then Link.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Favorite heros: Cloud Strife, Dante Sparda, Squall Leonhart, Megaman X, Zero, Fei Fong Wong, Sonic

I like Cloud mostly out of sentiment. FF7 was the first rpg I ever played so he was the first rpg protagonist I was ever introduced too. Dante is just cool plus I'm into demonology and all that so he gets points for that too. Plus I like the whole idea of up holding his fathers values and following in his footsteps. Squall has an attitude similar to mine.
He just doesn't care about what others think of him. He also puts up a cold exterior although deep down inside he loves his friends and would do anything for them. I love his personality so he's one of my faves. X and Zero I love because they were destined to destroy each other but they love one another like brothers. They would do anything to protect each other and Zero has even given his life before to save X's. They have a very strong bond that I really love.
Sonic is just cool and so is his alter ego super sonic. I love Fei's background story and how he is the chosen one and all that. He has so much power and so much responsiblity but at the same time he is constantly dragged through time and reincarnated when all he ever really wanted was to be with Elly the woman he has loved since the very beggining.

Villains: Sephiroth, Vergil Sparda, Mithos
Sephiroth is just plain crazy, but whenever you saw him you just knew he was powerful and that he could crush you anytime he wanted. His background story made me pity him. It wasn't his fault that Jenova messed with his head and made him crazy like that. I loved his sword too. He's just so bad-a**

I love Vergil because he too wishs to follow his fathers path but goes about it in a radically different way. In contrast to Dante it just goes to show how two people who are almost exactly the same and have the same goal can have completely different views on how to reach that goal. Yeah and samurai swordsmanship is just too cool!!! Mithos, well, I pitied him as well. He experienced such pain and hardship because he was different. He suffered at the hands of others and lost his sister. As a result he went insane. It was pathetic but at the same time somewhat understandable. Still he was very powerful and a force to reckoned with.

Meteor Mario

Smash Cadet
Hmm, let's see, it's not Luigi, or Bowser. It isn't Megaman, or Protoman. Not Sonic or any animals, not Dante or any demon hunters. Definitely not Cloud or anyone else with one game. I have to say my favorite video game characters are: Super Mario, Samus, and Viewtiful Joe!

Chaos_Link

Smash Cadet
Mines Link because ever since i played Legend of Zelda Ocrinia of time when the Gamecube had been out for about a year my dad got me the black Gamecube and it came with a copy of Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition now i can play every Legend of Zelda game on the gamecube with this and the gameboy player.
Nintendo: in order from best to average Link, Roy, Marth Based on the video game SSBM
XBOX: same as nintendo Jann Lee, Hitomi, Ein Based on the video game Dead or Alive Ultimate

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Name: Miles "Tails" Prower the Fox
Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
System: Multi

Name: MetaKnight
Series: Kirby
System: Nintendo Consoles

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
I'm more of a "minor" character supporter:

BEST OVERALL (Nuetral Party/ Hero in this case): The Big Boss- MGS, MGS3: First of all for those not aware the Big Boss was Snake in Metal Gear Solid 3, and solid snake, liquid snake, and solidus snake (who would've been on this list if i could've made out what the actualy plot of MGS2 was) are his imperfect clones. I would say taht Big Boss' appeall is that while he did turn into a terrorist with foxhound, in a way you can symphatize (spelling?) with him, based on the ending of Snake Eater.

RUNNER UP: Reno of the Turks- FF7

BEST HERO: Big Boss, but since i already mentioned him Im gonna have to say Pliskin- MGS2: Yeah he's solid snake, but I didnt like the MGS version of him (i didn't like his hair/body suit combo) this version of him has a cool last name, and a "mysterious" tone to him. Oh that and the first metal gear solid reference I ever heard was featuring him in American Dad: "Can Someone get this Snake-Pliskin off me?"- Roger

RUNNER UP: Ryu Hayabusa- Ninja Gaiden / Dingo- ZOE2/ ViVi- FF9

BEST Villain: Psycho Mantis- MGS: I just like enemies that are always one step ahead of you (it may sound hard, but there is a way to beat him without the controller flip)

Runner Up: The Black Waltz- FF9

NukeA6

Smash Master
Devilkoopa said:
I'm more of a "minor" character supporter:

BEST OVERALL (Nuetral Party/ Hero in this case): The Big Boss- MGS, MGS3: First of all for those not aware the Big Boss was Snake in Metal Gear Solid 3, and solid snake, liquid snake, and solidus snake (who would've been on this list if i could've made out what the actualy plot of MGS2 was) are his imperfect clones. I would say taht Big Boss' appeall is that while he did turn into a terrorist with foxhound, in a way you can symphatize (spelling?) with him, based on the ending of Snake Eater.

RUNNER UP: Reno of the Turks- FF7

BEST HERO: Big Boss, but since i already mentioned him Im gonna have to say Pliskin- MGS2: Yeah he's solid snake, but I didnt like the MGS version of him (i didn't like his hair/body suit combo) this version of him has a cool last name, and a "mysterious" tone to him. Oh that and the first metal gear solid reference I ever heard was featuring him in American Dad: "Can Someone get this Snake-Pliskin off me?"- Roger

RUNNER UP: Ryu Hayabusa- Ninja Gaiden / Dingo- ZOE2/ ViVi- FF9

BEST Villain: Psycho Mantis- MGS: I just like enemies that are always one step ahead of you (it may sound hard, but there is a way to beat him without the controller flip)

Runner Up: The Black Waltz- FF9
You can beat Psycho Mantis without swirching cntroller ports? Please tell me how you did it.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Psycho Mantis? I completely forgot about him! That's a good one though. Raven kicks *** too.

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
Protoman from the original Megaman series is so freakin awesome even though you never get to play as him. Its something about that though that just makes him so mysterious. He just shows up when he pleases and helps out then goes back to hiding.

Alex from Lunar Silver Star is also an awesome character.

I cant forget Geno or Mallow from Super Mario RPG(also one of the greatst games of all time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom