• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your all time favorite videogame character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash

Smash Journeyman
who is your favorie videogame character ever? it can be from any system. just post the character, the game the characters from, and the system the game is on.
i have 2

character: cloud strife
game: final fantasy 7
system: psx

character: solid snake
game: metal gear solid
system: psx/ps2

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Character: WARIO
Games: Wario Land I, II, III and IV, Wario Ware, Wario World, Wario and Mario, Wario's Woods, Wario for Virtual Boy,(Excluding Mario Party serie, Mario Kart, etc.)
System: Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nes, Snes, Gamecube

Bowser comes in close second, then there's Luigi and Waluigi.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Samus Aran
Games: Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime 2.
Systems: NES, GB, SNES, GBA, GC, GBASP.

Link
Games: Legend of Zelda, LoZ: Link's Adventure, LoZ: A Link to the Past, LoZ: Link's Awakening, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, LoZ: Majora's Mask, LoZ: Oracle of Ages, LoZ, Oracle of Seasons, LoZ: Wind Waker, LoZ: Four Swords and Several of those phillips crap games.
Systems: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GBA, GC.

Captain Falcon
Games: F-Zero, F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, F-Zero AX
Systems: SNES, N64, GC, Triforce.

Silver7

Smash Cadet
Luigi
Various Games:Mario Bros,Super Mario Bothers 1 2 3,Super Mario World,Paper Mario,Luigi's Mansion,SSBM
Systems:all
Peach
Practically the same(including Mario sunshine,Mario 64,and excluding Mario Bros and Luigi's Mansion)

Magus

Lone Wolf
BRoomer
I like myself, from Chrono Trigger. Oh, and Cloud's a badass. So is Link.

As for "bad guys," I'd say Sephiroth and Kuja (of FFIX). Kuja is just so **** cool.

sharkboy013

Smash Lord
Character: Nanaki (Red XIII)
Games: Final Fantasy VII
System: PSX, PC

Character: Sami
Games: Advance Wars 1, Advance Wars 2
System: GBA

quicky

Smash Ace
The Kingdom of Guardia chilling with Crono.
Crono
Games:Chrono Trigger,Final Fantasy Origins and Chrono Chross.
System: SNES, PSX.

Link
Games: Legend of Zelda, LoZ: Link's Adventure, LoZ: A Link to the Past, LoZ: Link's Awakening, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, LoZ: Majora's Mask, LoZ: Oracle of Ages, LoZ, Oracle of Seasons, LoZ: Wind Waker,SSB,SSBM, LoZ: Four Swords and Several of those phillips crap games.
Systems: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GBA, GC.

Sabrewulf
Games: Killer Instinct,Killer Instinct Gold and Arcade version.
Sytems:SNES,N64 and Arcade.

Jack
Games: Harvest Moon,HM64,HM: Back to Nature, HM:Save the Homeland,HM:GBC 1,HM:GBC 2,HM:GBC 3.
Systems:SNES,PSX,PS2,GBC,N64.

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
Character: Tingle
Games: Majoras Mask, Wind Waker
Systems: Nintendo 64, Gamecube

;)

Well, to be more serious:

Good Guy:

Character: Mario
Games: ...
Systems: Every Nintendo system
Reason: I grew up with him. He's not 'bada**' or slick but I like him. Sonics cool too(In his original games, not Adventures), I grew up with Sonic too.

Bad Guy:

Character: Kuja
Game: Final Fantasy 9
Reason: I can't stand Sephiroth, every n00b and their mother blatantly worship him, but there are some exceptions, if you like Sephiroth, if your not a fanboy, then I respect your opinion, but if you treat him like a god, you suck. Anyways, Kuja was more than a mere puppet/psychopath like Sephiroth, heh. If anyone wants to put in something like: "KuJa R WEaR a ThOnG HeE r GaY!!111 SePhErOth R bAdA**!", keep in mind Jenova was using Sephiroth, he had no will of his own, besides, what'd he do? Kill a couple of useless employees, burn a village, kill a girl? Wow, he are the l33t one. Keep in mind Kuja decimated an entire planet(Terra) along with killing off his master(Garland) and used Zidane and friends like tools. He's a villain. Sephiroth isn't, his actions were influenced by Jenova.

Neutral:

Character: Shadow
Game: Final Fantasy 6
Reason: No, not the unoriginal badly voiced Hedgehog, but the ninja from FF6. I liked his attitude towards things, it was so...unique. His backstory was very sad and thought provoking as well. To think someone can abandon all emotion, it is kinda of...sickening? I don't know. Nevertheless, he was a useful and all around, very good character.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's hard for me to just select one...

Heroes:

Sonic
Game: Sonic 1/2/3/&knuckles/adventure1&2/advance1&2/CD
System: Sega, GCN, Dreamcast, GBA

Mario
Game: Super Mario bros1/2/3/world, Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG, Mario Kart, super mario 64
System: GBA, SNES, NES, N64, GCN

I mainly like Sonic and Mario because those 2 characters are the people I grew up with during the Nintendo Sega wars. Sonic was basicly the cool one of the two, he was cocky, fast, and able to get the job done for the side of good. He also didn't tolorate injustice

Mario was the more calm heroic type, he had a strong sence of justice and wasn't afraid of any evil that stood between him and Princess Peach Toadstool. Mario is strong, headstrong, and a caring person who looked out for everybody he knew.

Villians:

Sephiroth
Games: Kingdom Hearts, FF7
Systems: PS1/2

The only villian I like is Sephiroth, mainly because he demonstraights how villians should act in this day and age, when he fell down from the heavens and slaughtered Aeris infront of everybody he shocked the world as he pulled his sword out from her chest. Sephiroth didn't stop there either, his plans was to send the magical meteor Meteo down into the world causing mass distruction upon the world. Plus in Kingdom Hearts he was a total badarse when it came to fighting!

I like those 3 basicly, hopefully I'll see more of those characters soon. :shyguy: :beezo:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
(god, shyguy's gonna get fed up with this...)
sephi, as well
you know all the info.

i guess the main reason is that ff7 was my first real rpg and sephi seemed quite different from most other villains in the games i had played. he didn't really seem all out "I R TEH EVL ONE!!!!1" it's hard to explain... not to mention he has a big shiny sword! (yeah, i'm like fighter in some regards...)

and i've read a few theories about sephiroth somewhere... i know one is the puppet theory but i think i read one somewhere that was something along the lines of him actually controlling jenova.. i don't remember too much of it, though and i'm not even sure if that site's still around. bah, if i remember later on i'll check up on it.

kupo

Smash Lord
Character: Dante Sparda
Game: Devil May Cry
System:ps2
Reasons: A cool demon slayer and he just looks plain awsome. Trash talker!

Character: Moogle
Game: Most of the Final Fantasies
System:Snes, Ps1, Ps2
Reasons: CUTE!

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Hmm... favorite characters... Oh, there are sooo many great characters. Here's three that stand out to me...

Character: Mario
Game: yeah... right... like i'm gonna list them all... :rolleyes:
System: Anything with the words "Nintendo" on it
Reasons: The original. The one and only. Everything that started great gaming can be traced back to Mario. His personality is both distinct and well rounded. He is both adventurous and playful, nothing stands between him and his goal (even if it happens to be a tiny one roomed castle with a flagpole out front). He's just plain fun.

Character: Link
Game: Legend of Zelda series
System: NES, SNES, 64, Cube, GB, GBA
Reasons: The one who started the weapon based adventure game, nothing could replace Link in his element. The Zelda games have revolutionized Nintendo in more ways than almost any other single series. Link himself is one of the most intrepid characters in gaming. He is also a proverbial straight arrow, standing for justice and courage, while maintaining a spirit of exploration and adventure.

Character: Pikachu
Game: Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Saphire/Pinball/Stadium/ect., Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee
System:
Reasons: Yeah, that's right; i said Pikachu! Pokemon gets a bad rep these days because of that horrible anime, but people forget that the games are frickin' fun! And the almighty rAt, Pikachu, rules them all! Sure, ya think he's just this cute little rodent, till he zaps you with 10,000 volts of electricity and bites yer arm off!

If i had to pick just one though... I'd pick Mario, me thinks... Just cause it was Mario that got me into gaming...

Anyways, that's my goldencoins/rupees/pokedollars...:cool:

flash

Smash Journeyman
well since u guys are putting multiples, i'll have to say that sephiroth is my third favorite. i hope your looking at this shyguy.

sephiroth wasnt a total puppet. i would get into it but i dont want to give any spoilers to anyone. everyone likes him cuz hes so cool and such a bad @$$. at least sephiroth was hard to beat. kuja was a pushover. sephiroth would take kuja down any day.

UnDead

Smash Cadet
Link is my favorite video game character, after playing various Zelda titles. He's my favorite because he's just plain cool and heroic.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ness. Earthbound.
I mean, come on, he's just a liddle kid and he has the power to destroy a house with PSI Rockin Omega, and he attacks his enemies with a baseball bat.

I also like,

Fox McCloud.
Starfox.
Because he's a fox and he has gunz.:p

And villains, I like:

Giygas
Earthbound.

Totally cool. He's not just a material bad guy, he's a swirling mass of pain! He's also raving mad, eats planets for breakfast, lunch and tea, and just looks so freakin cool! When you fight him, Earthbound stops being funny and starts bordering on being scary.

There are plenty of cool villains, But I can't think of one now.

Geo

Smash Ace
Solid Snake
The Legendary Solid Snake
Games: MG, MG2: Solid Snake, MGS, MGS2: TSOL.
The man is just so badass. He overcomes impossible odds oh man hes just the greatest thing ever. Stopping nuclear threats fighting a whole army, taking on some crazy bosses. The way he talks, all the training he does, hes been around the world and trained with everyone, he knows so much and he does this while hes old too boot.

He is everything I want to be and my reasons why I like him don't justify him at all.

Dark Wario

BRoomer
BRoomer
I prefer the villians and anti-heros...

Chai
Shenmue
Dreamcast

Chai is part of Lan Di's Chinese cartel, but is a very low rank. He plans to raise to the top by gaining Lan Di's support. How will he do this? Stalk Ryo to learn there is also a Phoenix Mirror. He thinks if he can attain the Phoenix Mirror from Ryo, Lan Di will reward him with a position in the higher ranks. He claims to be self taught in the style of Tang Lang, but his style of fighting hardly shows any skill. This sly little "creature" will do whatever it takes to get what he wants.
Lan Di
Shenmue, Shenmue 2
Dreamcast, Xbox

Lan Di is one of the high-ranking members of a Chinese cartel named the Chi You Men, which is currently trying to gain control of Yokosuka. Lan Di is a sinister man whose cold stare is said to intimidate people even in his organization! Lan Di is a master of a legendary martial art, which was supposed to be lost. It is unknown why he murdered Iwao Hazuki, but it has something to do with the Dragon Mirror and a man named Zhao Sunming.
Wario
Many, many, many games and appearances...
Many Nintendo systems...

(I'm sure you know what he looks like so a picture is not required)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
In my humble opinion, (IMHO is way too cliche nowadays ;)) the coolest character of Final Fantasy Seven (ff7, ffvii, yeah... those too.) is not Sephiroth, not Cloud, not even Red XIII (sorry sharkboy013.) Some of you will expect me to say.... VINCENT!!!! YAY VINCENT!!!

No, it's not Vincent.

It's Cid Highwind. A laid back trash talker with blonde hair with a dream to fly into the heavens. And he smokes. And his limit break is a freaking missile assault. You can't get any cooler. Nope.
Game: Final Fantasy Seven
Consoles: Playstation Exx, Personal Computer (Laughing out loud, this anti-abbreviation is getting a bit out of hand, don't you think?)

Other than that, Red XIII is pretty cool. And Tifa's hot.

And then there's Link, from a massive amount of games on all Nintendo consoles. For those of you n00bs, I am not talking about the old version of link. The teen one. He is ugly and he's only in three games, Ocarina of Time and the two Super Smash Brothers's. The young one is sexxxy with a sexxxy voice. Ownage.

Thank you Shy Guy for explaining why Kuja is so awesomeness. But that doesn't mean Sephiroth is not cool, right? I mean, look at the size of that sword. It's freaking longer than Cloud's.

Some other cool guys that I don't want to explain. Giovanni, Gary, and Blaine (Pokemon games.) I like the Ganon version not from Ocarina of time, but the Oracle of Seasons for GBC. He has some nice teleporting action. Some say Sephiroth and Metroid Prime are hard, but try fighting Ganon in this game. You are owned. And then... hmm... yeah... Sonic > Shadow of course.... hmm... what else... Mewtwo explains himself with his supreme-ness... NESSBOUNDER explained about Giygas's coolness.

Then there's Giygas from SWF. Not a game... but...
Giygas
Smashboards Senator
PC
Description: Oh joy he's just great. Love you Giygas. TBC loves you more, I think. But I love you!!! Edit my posts to show some appreciation! Please...?

There are a lot more cool characters that I can't think of right now. Oh yeah. Cid.

Atsbe787

Smash Apprentice
Good Guys

Name:Tassadar
Game:Starcraft
System:pC and N64
Reason:I mean come on, he sacraficed himself so no one else would have to die. He's the ultimate good guy.

Bad Guys

Name:Kerrigan
Game:Starcraft
System:pC and N64
Reason: All my reasons are in one of her quotes..."I'm the Queen B*tch of the Universe!"

Neutral

Name:psymon
Game:SSX Tricky
System:X-Box,PS2,GCN
Reason:He's crazy!

HeartNana

Smash Cadet
Name: Seung Mina
Game: Soul Blade, Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur 2
System: Arcade, PSX, Dreamcast, GC, XBox, PS2
Reason: My main character for a long time, i just really like using her.

Super Freak

Smash Rookie
C.Falcon
Games:F-Zero, F-Zero X, F-Zero MV, F-Zero GX, F-Zero AX, Super Smash Bros. Super Smash Bros. Melee

PaperLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Mario
Games: Oh crap, uuhhh, well... Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario The Lost Levels, Mario Bros., Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Kart, Mario Paint, some various education games, Mario Time Traveler, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Paper Mario, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brother Melee, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Super Mario Land, Yoshi's Island 2, Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Advance 2, Super Mario Advance 3, Super Mario Advance 4, I probably missed some.
Systems: NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, GBA, GCN

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Man, there's too many of my favorites! I have to think for a sec...but here's a few of them.

Cloud Strife- Yeah, I know most people are like "Everyone likes Cloud" but hear the reasons why, because there are a few good ones. Cloud was original in every way when FFVII first hit the scene; Before there were a lot of main heroes with real problems (Tidus, Fei and Ramza just to name a few), Cloud was there, with a serious storyline and some major mental issues (half of them put there in the first place by Tifa). You actually cared about what happened to him; you wanted to see his problems resolved and how he becomes his own man, not just some wannabe SOLDIER in the image of a guy he used to know. His fighting style was cool (ninja-like speed with a sword like that? You've gotta love it) and he had a lot of originality. Plus, he gets better with age; you have FFT Cloud, reflecting on the loss of Aeris (you can tell he really cared), and the total badass KH Cloud, who looks, fights and acts even cooler than the first two, and literally sold his soul for the woman he loved. That is a character.

Auron- Auron was totally awesome...he had the big sword, the cool attitude, the works. He had several references to a "ronin", like hanging his arm out of the sleeve, carrying an enormous jug of sake, and the haircut. I thought that was really interesting about him. Plus, he never, ever took crap from anyone.

That's a very important trait IMO, because I can't stand it when you try to be all badass, then you're buddies suddenly think they've got some cajones and will start ragging on your actions, only to have you believe their words and do what they say, like Squall did in Disc 3 of FFVIII. You look like a total poser (which Squall kinda was, but he's still cool). Auron on the other hand, would've knocked Zell's teeth out and held Quistis at sword point for such a comment. That just rocks. :cool:

Link- The OG adventure hero. You've gotta give it up to Link, he's got the good storylines, cool gadgets (like the Hookshot) and he literally has no fear of anything. If he were to trade up that Master Sword for say, a legendary katana though, he'd go up a few notches on my list. :D

Other notables for my list:

Mario- every Mario related game known to man
Crono- Chrono Trigger
Knuckles- Sonic the Hedgehog
Dias Flac- Star Ocean: The Second Story
Squall Leonhart- Final Fantasy VIII
Marth- Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo
Shion Uzuki- Xenosaga: Der Wille Zur Macht
MOMO- Xenosaga: Der Wille Zur Macht

Kit Fox

Smash Ace
Good for you, Fox_2K3! Have a cookie!

Master Chief cause he's the strong and silent type of guy. He has some cool quotes and he's so darn cool! Master Chief is humanity's last hope.

Cortana: "Betcha you can't stick it."
Master Chief: "Your on."

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Samus Aran because she like totally represents GIRRRRRRRL PoWEr!!!!!!

And because she has more than proven her worth to the universe by defeating a giant brain mulitiple times! Of course, there is also the whole armor bit and her being infused with Chozo blood, that's what pushes Samus into the top of my list...

Lanky_F

Smash Ace
Link
Games: Legend of Zelda, LoZ: Link's Adventure, LoZ: A Link to the Past, LoZ: Link's Awakening, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, LoZ: Majora's Mask, LoZ: Oracle of Ages, LoZ, Oracle of Seasons, LoZ: Wind Waker, LoZ: Four Swords and Several of those phillips crap games.
Systems: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GBA, GC

Banjo-kazooie
games:BK,BT,grunty´s revenge
systems:Nintendo64,game boy

kooper,bombette
games:paper mario
systems:N64

yoshi
games:yoshi´s cookie,smash bros,ssbm,yoshi´s island blah blah
systems:nes,snes,n64,ngc,game boy

Soccer-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Link

Games: Legend of Zelda, LoZ: Link's Adventure, LoZ: A Link to the Past, LoZ: Link's Awakening, Link: The Faces of Evil, Link: Wands of Gamelon, Zelda's Adventure, LoZ: Ocarina of Time, LoZ: Majora's Mask, LoZ: Oracle of Ages, LoZ, Oracle of Seasons, LoZ: Wind Waker, LoZ: Four Swords.
Systems: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GBA, GC

Shadow

Games: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Heroes
Systems: GC

Xion

Games: Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Systems: GC

Honorable Mentions
Samus Aran- Metroid Games
Rouge- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Ice Climbers- Ice Climber, SSBM
Luigi- Luigi's Mansion, etc.
Soma Cruz- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Orbulon- Wario Ware: Mega Microgames
Waluigi- Mario Tennis, Mario Party 4, etc.
Boo- Mario Tennis, Mario Party 4

Dr. Donez

Smash Rookie
Character: Ryu
Games: Breath of fire, 2, 3, 4, Dragon Quarter
System: SNES, PS, PS2, GBA

Hes a great hero type guy, and a dragon, and if youve played DQ you know how much of a bad4$$ he is.

Character: Luigi
Games: Majority of the Mario games.
System: All of the Nintendo systems

Hes cool, and he jumps high.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Majora's Wrath owns bum any day.
He is just such a freaky bad guy, and the way he attacks you with those whips...that is soooooo coo!!
And he can posses people too. He's my second favourite villain.

(Zelda: Majora's mask)

Linkzrath

Smash Journeyman
<-Favorite Hero->
-LINK-
Systems: All Nintendo Systems
Games: All Legend of Zelda games.
Why I Like Him: He needs not speak to get his message across. He uses the edge of his blade (his expressions work well too).

<-Favorite Villain->
-GANON-
Systems: All except the CD-i games. They stunk.
Games: All Zelda games except Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, Zelda II and the CD-i games. He stunk there.
Why I Like Him: He is the ultimate villain, both hulking brute and mastermind at the same time. And he is dignified.

Honorable Mentions (Heroes)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Samus
-Donkey Kong

Honorable Mentions (Villains)
-Bowser
-K.Rool
-Majora

Shadowwarrior88

Smash Ace
I have 2.

Character:Link
Games:All Zelda games
Systems:SNES,GBC,GBA,N64,GC(there's probably even more,I'm not sure)

Character:Isaac
Games:Golden Sun,Golden Sun:The Lost Age
System:GBA

LostSoul781

Smash Rookie
I don't really have a favorite game character. I guess Link is my favorite character because he never talks, C. Falcon is another favorite, Samus also kicks arse since it was a shock when I found out Samus was a girl.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Auron
Final Fantasy X
PlayStation 2
Coolest FF character ever. I mean, a 35-year-old guy with some grey hair, sunglasses, and a huge sword? Awesome.

Cloud
Kingdom Hearts
PlayStation 2
I really liked the one in KH, especially because of his bandaged sword.

Seifer
Final Fantasy VIII
PlayStation
Didn't like the game, but I think he was the best villian of all FF games, because he really had a reason to be like he was: he wanted to be a knight. Rather than the mindless Yu Yevon, twisted Seymour, or the psycho Sephiroth, he was not crazy. Just obsessed with being the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom