• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your all time favorite videogame character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
Character: Gaspard
Game: Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2)
System: PS2
Reason: He's just too amazing.

spindash

Smash Ace
Character: Sonic the Hedgehog
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog series in general
System: SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn, SEGA Dreamcast, Nintendo GameCube, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, X-Box, X-Box 360, Playstation 2, Playstation 3; maybe there's some others.
Reason: The first game I ever began with was Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991, when I was two years old. And the character has always stood out to me. He's the shining definition of what a hero is, and he boasts an amazing attitude all the while. Sonic will always be my favorite video game character of all time.

The close runner ups are Cloud Strife and Sora. ^^

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Garrett, Master Thief

Games:
-Thief : The Dark Project
-Thief 2 : The Metal Age
-Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows

XACE-K

Smash Master
Mario

Games: Super Mario Bros, SMB2, SMB3(basically all the non-spinoff Mario games)
System: All Nintendo systems
Reason: The first video game I ever played was Super Mario 64 so being that Mario was the main character, he instantly became my favorite video game character.

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
Chrono

Game- Chrono Trigger
System:SNES
Reason: One of the first games i played, and certainly one of the characters i remember the most from when i was younger.

Link:

Game: Any Legend of Zelda Game
System: Nintendo systems
Reason: Zelda series really got me into gaming, and he's the main character.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Good guys:

Mario
Systems/games: Nintendo
Reason: The first, the last, the only, you know what I'm talking about.

Falco Lombardi
Systems: SNES, N64, GC
Games: All Star Fox games
Reasons: Come on, Falco was my favorite since I was a little kid. The best trash-talking bird the video game industry will ever see. He's just too cool.

Canderous Ordo
Systems: XBox
Games: Both Knights of the Old Republic games
Reasons: I debated on whether to put in him or Carth, but I decided on Canderous. He's a Mandalorian former general turned badass mercenary turned freedom fighter turned Mandalore. His mannerisms, back story, cool anecdotes, and the fact that he sounds like Solidus Snake make him truly awesome.

Bad guys:

Kefka Palazzo
System: SNES
Game: Final Fantasy 6 (Or 3, I guess)
Reasons: Q&A: Why is Kefka better than Sephiroth? Because he succeeded and did it all by himself. From the very beginning, Kefka succeeded in becoming the first Magitek Knight, becoming one of Gestahl's generals, and then proceeded to attain Godhood after poisoning an entire city and single-handedly killing Leo and Gestahl. From there, he rules the world for a whole year before being confronted and defeated by Terra and co. Kefka is truly a gem of a villain.

Ridley
Systems: NES, SNES, GC, Wii
Games: Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime 1&3, Metroid Zero Mission
Reasons: I've only recently realized just how much of a trademark Ridley is to the series. Honestly, playing back through all of the games, he really is there in all of them. I would have put Samus on the Heroes list, but pickings were a little tougher there.

Others:

Zelos Wilder
Systems: GC, Wii (soon, at least, as he is in the sequel)
Games: Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Reasons: It didn't feel right to classify him as a good or bad guy, since based on the chosen path, he played both roles. Of course, at first, he appears to be a shallow, narcissistic fop, but as his character develops, we find he actually has a deep personality and a shocking backstory. Of course, most people's last impression of him was a moderately difficult boss battle following his shocking sudden betrayal of the party. But nonetheless, it appears he will return in some form for the upcoming sequel. Anyway, Zelos will always be remembered.

Raptor Jesus

Smash Rookie
Mario
System/games: Pretty much all of the Nintendo systems
Reason: He's Mario! Why else wouldn't you like him?

Luigi
System/games: Pretty much all of the Nintendo systems as well
Reason: I always felt bad for Luigi never being noticed, so I kept playing as him in different Mario games, and soon enough, I liked him more than Mario. He's hilarious.

Alucard
System/games: NES (I think), PSX, Xbox 360, GBA, DS Arcade Marketplace - Castlevania II, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Reason: Alucard always seemed like the coolest hero to me. The son of Dracula, but he takes the side of the humans. His outfit is pretty fancy too.

Alf
System/games: PSX, Xbox - Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Reason: Alf is seen as the humorous, sarcastic minor character. Although he's not exactly important in the storyline, Alf always made me laugh and was a well thought out character in my opinion.

V.P. Aslik
System/games: PSX - Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Reason: Aslik was different from the other Glukkons (main bad guys in the Oddworld games). They were usually deep voiced and big, and greedy. Aslik took greedy to another level. He acted almost like a famous Hollywood star, and wasn't big. His scratchy voice made him sound like an excellent villian.

EDIT: Forgot someone. :p

Mr. Bubbles
System/games: Xbox 360 - Bioshock
Reason: Mr.Bubbles...he was this giant guy who looked scary and always gave off a nervous feeling when seen. But honestly, I saw him a hero (at least to the little sisters). I loved walking up to him and taking pictures of him. What a nice guy.

D13

Smash Ace
Jaffar from Fire Emblem 7 for GBA is cool beans. He is kind of a cliche character though. Makar from The Wind Waker (gamecube hurrr) is an interesting character.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Cloud? If you're talking about Crisis Core, you most likely mean Zack. Cloud did absolutely jack in Crisis Core, except for getting stabbed repeatedly by a certain white-haired man with a freakishly long sword.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
J.C. Denton from Deus Ex.

The voice actor from that game just did an amazing job with great lines. One of my favorites, was when one of the villains walks up to him to fight him and the conversation went like this.

"Here we stand once again, reflections of one another, like looking into a mirror"

JC's response "Then I am an ugly son of a *****." FIGHT IS ON!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
:kirby: has been, now been, and maybe forever be my most favorite videogame character of all time. I also say Lip from Panel De Pon. I loved that puzzle game more than any puzzle game out right now. ^_^

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I have three, the first two being Yoshi and King Dedede. If I have to include bios for them then you are a sad sad creature. But here's my third.

Chun-Li: Arcade games and every system since the early '90s.
Games: Street Fighter 2, Marvel vs. Capcom, Puzzle Fighter, even a cameo in Breath of Fire
Why: She's the first ever kickass female fighter. Sure you can say that SNK's King (who I also love) was, but Chun-Li was wider known. She made it cool to be the girl for once. Without Chun-Li along with Samus, you wouldn't be seeing other respectable heroines like Jill Valentine, Terra and Joanna Dark. In conclusion, girls kick ***!

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Fox McCloud
Games:Star Fox, Star Fox 64, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Star Fox Command.
Reasons: A leader and Cool character who is Fast, Strong and has lots of adventures.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
You guys want the coolest character ever?
Look at my Avatar.
Reno is the coolest character ever due to him not really caring.

DeathCoyle

Smash Rookie
1st: Dante (obviously) from all DMC games PS2 and PS3

Reason: One of the funniest characters in the history of gaming despite all the corny jokes, and one of the coolest. I mean really, who else can fall headfirst while spinning in the air and firing guns. Long live the son of Sparda.

2nd: Samus from Metroid Prime 1,2&3, Metroid Hunters, Zero Mission and just every other metroid game

Reason: One badass chick. also, probably the only girl in videogames who wears any clothing. Thanks for not being a ho Samus

3rd: Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII and all the various spinoff games

Reason: Way to many to list here.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
What was so great about Sephy? I played through most of the game, and I never saw it. He killed Aeris. So what? A truly great villain would force ME to kill my teammate. Admittedly, Sephy did look really cool, but that's a far cry from being as successful as Kefka or Kuja. Even Remiel from ToS is a better villain, really. I mean, his entire plot was successful, he just died because he was a sucky fighter.

But hey, to each his own. If you believe Sephiroth is better than Kefka, then whatever, that's your right.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This may be the hardest question ever.

I'm a big fan of Tonberries, Poes, and Bomberman.

I guess Bomberman wins :)

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
this may seem a bit obvious

Name: Link
Games: The Legend of Zelda series
Systems: Nintendo systems

Link is my favorite. His games are amazing and he is such a heroic character. When I got Smash 64, I chose Link as my main right away and I mained him till Brawl

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Good guys:
1. Samus Aran (Metroid series)
2. Chun-Li (Street Fighter series)
3. Tokinomiya Kamui (Arcana Heart series)

Bad guys:
1. Ridley (Metroid series)
2. Bowser (Mario series)
3. Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Fox:Star Fox/64/Command(the games that i liked him in)
System:NES,N64,NDS

Mario:
System:(every Nintendo console)

Setsuna F. Seiei(Dunno if he counts.......)
System: DS

Well Fox got me into flying games(nope not Pilot Wings star Fox)
Mario....i mean common he's mario
Setsuna is from Gundam 00 and he's in a video game.....and i like his Gundam XD and no not the Graham kind of love.

Bad guys

Wolf:same consoles as fox
systems:the same as fox

Ridley: Metriod

Wolf because he's was all cocky and arrogant and now is less arrogant and not cocky

Ridley. Hes a goddam space pirate

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
Arthas Menethil or Illidan Stormrage. Or maybe Link.

Love the story of Warcraft entirely. Never owned WC1 unfortunately, but still got my copies of WC2 and WC2BTDP around here somewhere.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have a couple

Diddy Kong

Games: DKC 1-3, DK64, Donkey Konga 1-3 I believe,
Dk Barrel Blast, Diddy Kong Racing 1-2, Mario Hoops 3-3, Mario Golf TT
Mario Super Star Baseball, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DD (The list stops here I think)

Anyway he's just always been my absolute favorite character, whether it was the hat, boombox, and cartwheels from DKC 2 as a kid, to the jetpack and elecric guitar from DK64.

Diddy has also always been a humorous yet serious at-the-same-time character, and is just all around whacky.

Plus, he's a chimp, which means he= automatic awesome.

Solid Snake

You know what games he's from...

Anyway, The MGS games were fantastic games. With great graphics, a great story line, excellent cinematics, alot of humor, alot of badassery, and many other great elements.

Snake in the games is, like Diddy, serious and sometimes humorous (Diddy of course being alot more humorous) and Kojima always managed to throw in some great attribute to Snake in the games.

Anyway, those are my two.

~rh

Smash Lord
8bit Rockman. It gets no better than him, really. =p

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Character: Louie
Game: Pikmin 2
System: GCN

Louie is made of win. He eats an entire load of carrots and blames a spacebunny. Have you done that?

Character: Shadow the Hedgehog
Game: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
System: GCN

The most interesting character in Sonic for awhile, he has hover shoes, he looks awesome. This guy was cool... until he got his own game. Worst. Disappoinment. Ever. Play 6 levels and you win.

Character: Luigi
Game: All games Luigi is in
System: All the systems that all of the games Luigi was in were on

As soon as I played the original Mario Party, Luigi was my character. I liked him more than Mario ever since. He's freakin' awesome in the Mario&Luigi games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom