• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Could anyone link some videos of Dr. PeePee playing as Marth? I've looked through almost three pages of Youtube results and there's literally nothing but Brawl Marth
Mew2king vs Dr. PeePee
G6 Monthlies 2
Grand Finals

Bing

Smash Master
I really hope Taj does well... as Marth that is... well either way, I hope he does, seeing a Mewtwo in top 10 would be cool, but seeing a Marth MAIN, even better.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
Yea Taj Hbk Ice under mew2king even though mew2king not even a marth main anymore i like the dair to the top platform combo from ice XD marths play to defensive now they need to realize their defense is also there offensive and get back into the grab game ....unless your mango who can beat kage with marth with out grabing him once the whole match

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Gaiz, I'm the best

jk.

There are so many marth mains close in skill that it's not even funny. A few of these are pulling out from the rest, though. In my opinion, Tai has ascended, and PPU has ascended.

I would not be surprised if Taj and Ice are among the best.

I believe that my marth is one of the better ones in the community. There are a couple of matchups that I don't love, but besides that, I'm not really scared to face anyone that doesn't take top 10 at a national.

huMps

Smash Ace
JesiahTEG got 9th at Zenith beating abate and cyrain among others.
Niko is always placing well at no johns and other tri-state tourneys.
I don't really know if Tai ever goes to bigger out of region tourneys, but he looks damn good in all the vids i've seen of him. he is going to genesis right?
Can't wait to see how dart does at genesis as well.

New generation of marth mains is looking pretty solid.

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm still curious wtf Tai has done. I'm looking at his tournament record and his best win seems to be Forward.... who I'm pretty sure some random noob (mirite?) from NY beat pretty soundly iirc.

Niko and Jesiah are the truth, I don't see the other marth mains doing anything but opening their mouths.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Niko was improving when I played him. To be honest, I haven't seen many of Niko or Jesiah's matches.

We should make a list of all the up-and-coming marth players and have a few links to their matches...

:]

Max?

Smash Champion
Videos online mean nothing. It's about how you place, what region you live in and who you beat.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
last time i saw taj play marth kels **** on him so bad that i figured he just wasnt good anymore with anything but mewtwo

like, way worse than kels beats mw locals

maybe it was just a bad day, and it was a long time ago (pound 4), but apparently he really impressed the crimson blur at that same tourney so i dunno

dart is legitimately really good, i expect good things from the man in the future

ILM

Smash Journeyman
JesiahTEG and Niko

Maybe this is me being regionally biased, but from what I've seen and played, those two are the most legit and improving.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Niko is the truth. I think he has to work out a few things but I can see him improving a lot in the near future. Jesiah is really good but I haven't seen too much from him personally so I don't have much of an opinion.

Also Rofl wait what even is this bout taj beating pp what even

:phone:

Van.

Smash Ace
Nahhhhh we can jump on the bandwagon now. One win is enough to establish him as the best marth.

No really, not even sarcastic, this one spectacular win makes him the best Marth. seriously

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
eh, it might be like I.B's thing at APEX

beats Shiz

beats Hax

beats Chillin

beats Lambchops

loses to VaNz

loses to Eggm

loses to Eggz

Not that the last three aren't good players, but if you're beating someone like Shiz but also losing to people that are worse than him, it raises a few eyebrows

Van.

Smash Ace
I feel that its the same as the Hax situation. The win against Amsah outweighs the loss against Tope. But I guess I see where you're coming from.

Btw, do you recommend run off dj nair for edgeguarding falco?

EDIT: Are you talking about IBs MM vs. shiz? ... idt that can really be taken seriously, shiz was providing humorous commentary for the match as he was playing, and overall seemed like he was playing in a balmy, relaxed way. Sorry if they also played in bracket and i just looked like a total tool, but the only vids i could find were that mm, lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I don't sense any bias coming from these 2 at all.:awesome:
Did AZ bias earn Taj 3rd at Genesis? :awesome:

Why is AZ getting so upset... if you guys are the only ones who get to see his **** marth, then obviously people aren't going to rate him highly...

I think the best right now is probably my friend KP... before any of you give me ****, i just wanna say that I am the only one that gets to see his marth since he doesn't travel, but its amazing.... and it took a game off DRPP last tournament we went to (I'm actually being dead serious about this)
Well, I guess you guys will see it once Genesis vids are up. Did your friend KP beat Dr. Peepee, Hax, and Mango?

If we want to talk back to like Apex time (for whatever reason) then IB is the most impressive Marth imo. He definitely has the best wins from that time period. I don't care who won the direct 1v1 out of him and Taj.
Taj beat IB in the 1v1
Taj beat Hax (as did IB)
Taj beat Mango and Dr. Peepee's Falcos (As IB beat.... DaShizWiz)
SWAG

I'm sure the potential is there, but he's never done amazingly at a regional or anything like that =/
I guess that's changed.

So much regional bias in here it's ridiculous.

My viewpoint? Tai, Jteg, Dart and Niko are all the contenders I see atm. Dart needs to travel because midwest is bad, but he seems really solid. I think AZ is overhype, and Jteg lives in a pretty ****ty region too, but he wants it really bad and travels like a mofo.
Genesis 2 was overhype

p.s. Vectorman says "I told you so"

SWAG

OverLord

Smash Ace
I knew Tai was about to post something.

Mad props to Taj, I'm so proud. No more Marth johns for everyone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom