• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
PP is the best marth even not excluding M2K. He apparently wrecked Hbox in seriouslies- something M2K probably wishes he could do ;p

Or maybe Mango IDK

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I think the more interesting question is who is the best Marth main? This would exclude PP, Mango, and (imo) M2K.

The answer is probably Taj or Ice. I'd lean toward Taj because there aren't many vids of Ice up, and I have actually seen Taj's Marth in person (at Pound IV and Apex) and it is legitimately terrifying. Plus I am a pretty big Taj fanboy so eff the haters lolz

Max?

Smash Champion
So much regional bias in here it's ridiculous.

I just want to clarify on HBK that he is no more overhype than any of the other people on this list. Why am I hype for Ice and Taj outside of you guys saying I should be? What about actual results and placings? HBK has won tournaments in Tristate, beating Jman/Chops/Eggm, and many other reputable players. In the last year he has more or less retired and now shows up just to have fun, but don't be sleeping on him like he is bad by any many means when a majority of you have never done **** and just talk a lot.

My viewpoint? Tai, Jteg, Dart and Niko are all the contenders I see atm. Dart needs to travel because midwest is bad, but he seems really solid. I think AZ is overhype, and Jteg lives in a pretty ****ty region too, but he wants it really bad and travels like a mofo. I'm biased as **** towards Niko, especially seeing as how I play with him alot and watch him **** PC on the regular, but then again I'm probably just some scrub who has never beaten anyone good or made money in tournament right? *troll*

Max?

Smash Champion
Oh yeah and I forgot about PewPewU, but he has no idea how to fight Doc, so he immediately drops in my eyes.

Niko45

Smash Master
I agree tho man I'm pulling for Dart. MW is most definitely bad but we've seen stars rise out of bad regions before (PP). Be the next Darkrain, Dart.

:phone:

Max?

Smash Champion
Tai is tight tanight. I'm curious, what have you done that makes you think you're the best marth outside of M2k/taj?

Beat!

Smash Master
Ice is not overhyped. He may not have proven himself in America yet, but being 3rd best in europe certainly means something. He's definitely up there.

Niko45

Smash Master
Is that like 3rd with a bunch of good people not being ranked or something?

What's Europe's top 5 look like these days?

OverLord

Smash Ace
Armada, Amsah, Ice, Zgetto, Remen I'd say.

Then Faab, Overtriforce, Pasi, Adam, Fuzzyness, Makenshi, Aldwyn when he shows up, and a lot of good people that we still have to see how they would do all against each other.

We'll have a more detailed picture after BEAST.

Ice is definitely top 3.

Max?

Smash Champion
As much as Faab is my homie, if he is a top 10 player in all of Europe that does not bode well.

Beat!

Smash Master
Top 5:
Armada
Amsah
Ice

After that, there's players like Remen and Zgetto, but leffen is up-and-coming, and so is Hack. Leffen will most likely be considered a huge threat after Genesis.

There's definitely a bunch of really legit players from 4th and downwards, so 3rd best in europe is nothing to laugh at.

Max?

Smash Champion
Faab has been doing much better as of late. If your last memories of him are pound 4 then you should get that out of your head. ;).
It was actual Pound 5 when he and Remen spent a few days at my house while they were in NYC.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
*****s sleepin on HBK.

I saw my name briefly mentioned here and at the moment I play my marth in tournament about as much as my Sheik so up to you to decide if I belong or not I guess =3.

Also not fair to say I use marth only on spacies.

Literally have brackets of 5 spacies and a luigi. Obv I'm going all sheik on Luigi.

Max?

Smash Champion
Still 5 Months ago. Alot can happen in 5 months time. Ask Dr.PP:cool:
The only thing that has happened in the last 5 months is me improving at an exponential rate without slowly down.

And Tec0 is the truth.

Also, we're forgetting probably the biggest contender of all:

Dbl0c, the best player in India. Did you know he once 0-deathed Chu Dat?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Armada, Amsah, Ice, Zgetto, Remen I'd say.

Then Faab, Overtriforce, Pasi, Adam, Fuzzyness, Makenshi, Aldwyn when he shows up, and a lot of good people that we still have to see how they would do all against each other.

We'll have a more detailed picture after BEAST.

Ice is definitely top 3.
Are Jeapie and Dahean really not top 10?

Beat!

Smash Master
Dahean would probably be if he started playing actively again.

Jeapie is (imo) around 10th. Possibly a little higher.

OverLord

Smash Ace
Also not fair to say I use marth only on spacies.

Literally have brackets of 5 spacies and a luigi. Obv I'm going all sheik on Luigi.
Sorry man, it's because at RoM3 I saw your Marth just against spacies while looking around.
It wasn't supposed to be implied you never play Marth against other chars.

Are Jeapie and Dahean really not top 10?
Dahean just doesn't show up out of Spain, he's obviously extremely good, but I can't rank him without recent results. I guess he would be top 10 anyway.

Different is for Overtriforce, 'cause he beat Amsah last week in WF. So it feels acceptable to me to put him top 10 for sure.

Jeapie is almost there, but I would like to see how well he would perform with lots of other players from other countries. His recent achievements in Netherlands are very good.

Niko45

Smash Master
Besides maybe like vs Puff and ICs, there is no reason to play Marth instead of Sheik against non-spacies if you have that luxury.

OverLord

Smash Ace
Yep, but I thought we were talking about Marth mains; lots of people play Marth just in a few match-ups, I listed people who would play Marth against almost every character.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Overlord - Oh hahaha, I thought you were saying this off of videos from No Johns or something.

Its cool I'm not offended lol

Besides maybe like vs Puff and ICs, there is no reason to play Marth instead of Sheik against non-spacies if you have that luxury.
I think you're thinking too heavily on advantages imo. I actually use Marth and Sheik often both against any given character. Usually the deciding factor is the stage for me. Unless its a very specific match up that sheik just clearly overpowers I usually don't exclusively use her.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Ken :troll:
oh well... maybe Mango's one, but he isn't Marth mainer... like m2k he is exclude isn't it?

but.. no one reach to Ken's level maybe Mango PP or M2K but they aren't marth mainer...
amm..
0: Ken :troll:
1: Taj (M2k if he isn't exclude)
2: Ice (Mango and PP)

Varist

Smash Lord
Could anyone link some videos of Dr. PeePee playing as Marth? I've looked through almost three pages of Youtube results and there's literally nothing but Brawl Marth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom