• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crush

Smash Master
crush+fsbr vs tec0 and mod button = 0-100 matchup = gay atheist vs Rick Perry

also merkuri i bet the ratio of people who like/dislike me is greater than the ratio of people who like/dislike you. ur like strife pretty much.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
crush+fsbr vs tec0 and mod button = 0-100 matchup = gay atheist vs Rick Perry

also merkuri i bet the ratio of people who like/dislike me is greater than the ratio of people who like/dislike you. ur like strife pretty much.
aww you just wanna be liked crush! that would explain your post count doubling mine whom has been a member for like 5 years vs your 1 year

MARTH MAINS i has a question

whad'you guys think are the best videos to learn vs falcon? also any general tips in the MU would be nice.

crush

Smash Master
aww you just wanna be liked crush! that would explain your post count doubling mine whom has been a member for like 5 years vs your 1 year

whad'you guys think are the best videos to learn vs falcon? also any general tips in the MU would be nice.
i was trying to say that more people would probably like melee discussion if merkuri was banned as opposed to me being banned, because all merkuri ever does is be mean to people

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman

I'm still new so I'm still bad at some match ups, like the falcon one. I don't know about a vid to learn from but I do know a little.

Falcon can be a pain in the *** to get anything off against. At low percents you basically can't combo him. But, tech chases are basically free. Try to bait grabs at lower percents and go for forward/back throw techchases. I like to try to get them to the edge early this way and then go for a dtilt gimp or something. Your main goal should be to get him off stage.

Somewhere in the low 40's uthrow starts to combo into uair. And you can actually do some combos after that.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Boat mode it's fine, it happens. And that's enough seriously I don't wanna have to track this thread and hit everyone with a spam infraction. Get off the troll/who likes who more thing.

I totally got ninjad haha I wasn't referring to the post above.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman

Watch IB vs hax from apex 2010 I would say that set is very good for understanding what marth needs to do in the mu. I've made several posts about the mu in detail cause i feel it is one of my strongest but im not going to do it again because im lazy lol

Aber

Smash Journeyman

Tilts. Overshoot a d tilt if he likes to DD alot and if it hits it will usually lead into a grab. One you get the grab F throw or down throw into tech chase. be patient with your tech chases and eventually you can put him in bad positions (especially if you condition him to roll to the ledge =) ). Only really up throw at mid percents to lead into combos but tech chasing with dthrow/fthrow is far superior no need to be fancy just get his *** off stage. If the falcon is coming at you with aerials (usually nair) DD grab wont cut it because he can just over shoot and nair leads into grab>****. At low percents CC grab the nair Or CC dtilt (which is easier to react with and will usually lead to grab>tech>chase>****). When you aren't CCing just try to outspace him fairs (fade away ones are good, fade away nair is is underrated as well) as you outrange him by alot. Don't rely to much on dash dancing he will feast on that and **** you. Instead put your sword hit boxes out there for him to run into but DON'T move towards him (unless overshooting) so to speak because you'll just space an aerial poorly and get grabbed. Once again, tilts. If he gets too close Ftilt him it will destroy his approaches as will utilt in close quarters ( up tilt hits both sides and will protect you sometimes and as against any fast faller can lead into terrible things for him TIPPERS).....Get really good at tech chasing him and when you're edgeguarding and he is below you never ever use a move other than dtilt. If he goes high nair/fair/bair/fsmash can be good depending on the situation.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion

Uthrowing Falcon gives you the most frame advantage. If you Fthrow>Dtilt him off stage you can run off ledge>fair>fair recover for an easy gimp.
Uthrow combos falcon into Utilt at 42% After the Utilt
Don't forget to Dtilt?GTFO.
Overshot nair is alright.
If Falcon grabs you at low % don't DI away or he can regrab. If you DI in he can't grab you but he will probably nair. If he nairs just DI behind him and the 2nd hit on the nair won't hit you. I THINK he can Uair you instead though. So watchout.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
To get this sort of back on track I was wondering why argue this when we can settle it results? Any chance we could set up a Marth ranking system?

System that ranks Marth's by state, region, country, international levels.

This system would also take into consideration what alts(if any) you are using as well. So you couldn't for example play round 1 as Marth and then go all Sheik for the rest of the tournament and be considered number 1.

It sounds hard but I think we could do it...what do you all think?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Ego's need to be left out, if everyone is serious about this then the results are the only things that matter. Sorry but it's true : / Besides a large group of players who are good are humble at least in my experience it shouldn't be as bad as you think.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's a good idea...where to start? If we start with Apex then PPU is winning so far I think lol. I don't know. I think we should start putting this together. I'm going to need the help of someone people who are really experienced in this or know how to set it up....or both. :awesome:

for example i'm the best in my state(Delaware) but well I'm the only Marth(Main) in the state really lol.

I agree with ARC and Maury. "The results don't lie".

Tekk

Smash Lord
This system would also take into consideration what alts(if any) you are using as well. So you couldn't for example play round 1 as Marth and then go all Sheik for the rest of the tournament and be considered number 1.
So M2K isn't the #1 Marth, according to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom