• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which version of the new Super Smash Bros. will you buy?

Which version of the new Super Smash Bros. will you buy?

• Wii U version

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • 3DS version

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Both versions

Votes: 104 61.2%
  • Neither version

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Only really interested in the Wii U version at the moment.

EpicOtaku

Smash Rookie
3DS version because I only have a 3DS, and I don't think the Wii U will be worth the money. Plus, I get to play a Smash Bros game on a handheld for the first time ever (obviously excluding the sh*tty homebrews for the DS).

D

Deleted member

I'll be getting the Wii-U version for sure. 3DS I'm on the fence about.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Both, especially if there's transferable content past customizable elements.

I fully plan on taking advantage of my Smash on the go, I'd much prefer Smashing to... you know, being sociable. :laugh::rolleyes:

AvengerX94

Smash Cadet
If I'm able to buy a Wii U before or day of smash bros' release, then definitely both. If not, then my 3DS will be enough until I can. Considering that I'm not home a lot due to college, I see the 3DS version being a better fit for me anyways. Besides... Smash on the go is a dream come true.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm already stressing for no particular reasons because I'm afraid at the idea of not having enough money and/or having to skip school the day it comes out. :facepalm:

BTW,I'm afraid of not having enough money because I'm looking foward to get both versions.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
The Wii U version is a guarantee for me. The 3DS, on the other hand, is a MAYBE. For me, it really depends on whether the 3DS version will be able to offer an experience that I won't get with the console version. Otherwise, I would only use it when I'm away from my Wii U. Feeding my smash addiction on the go certainly sounds enticing, but I don't know if it's worth the extra bucks.

Something I would like to see Nintendo do would be to release both versions as a bundle. If we could buy them together at a cheaper price (say $85?), then I'd buy it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It depends on the difference between the 3ds and Wii U versions. If 3ds is just smash on the go, I'll probably not get it, or get it used.
Definitely getting the Wii U Version though.

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the difference between the 3ds and Wii U versions. If 3ds is just smash on the go, I'll probably not get it, or get it used.
Definitely getting the Wii U Version though.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT SMASH ON THE GO

I very nearly bought a gamecube-top screen and a cigarette lighter 12v adapter so I could play on road trips. If I traveled more I would have.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT SMASH ON THE GO

I very nearly bought a gamecube-top screen and a cigarette lighter 12v adapter so I could play on road trips. If I traveled more I would have.

Agreed chilling out waiting for friends to arrive or to go to your next class and there's a wi-fi hotspot near jump online for a couple of rounds of smash.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Probably both, though definitely not both on release unless the game gets delayed as currently I own neither console, and I don't intend on buying more than one console a year. If Sakurai puts Ridley in then definitely both... and I would probably throw my wallet at him. "Your sheer awesomeness has mugged me!" I would yell. He would probably run though as he doesn't speak English.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm the weird one, I'll be saving up to get a 3DS that can stream, and along with it get it on 3DS as by that point I'll be broke XD

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
Both, without a doubt. I wonder if Super Smash Bros. for 3DS will actually use the touch screen in some way, even just for some little mini-game type thing like in the middle of a Classic mode run through. :O Or even for dragging parts around in stage builder, assuming it returns. ^^;

EpicOtaku

Smash Rookie
I'm so jelly with all those people who will buy both. I don't even think I have enough money to buy just the 3DS one. D:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Still unsure if I'll buy both or just the Wii U version. It's one of those options though.
It'll depend on how the 3DS one will exactly be (with the character customisation and how the controls work and stuff).

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Given that 64.2% of people are getting both, I can conclusively conclude that people on this website really like smash brothers. This discovery will revolutionize science!

EpicOtaku

Smash Rookie
Given that 64.2% of people are getting both, I can conclusively conclude that people on this website really like smash brothers. This discovery will revolutionize science!
I'd actually buy both, if I am NOT an Asian, but instead an American.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'll probably get both. Right now I own the 3DS, with intentions of buying a WiiU once the heavy hitter games get released.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
I'd love to get the Wii U version later on, but since I'm going to college and won't be home a lot in the near future, it's a tough sell. And $300 is a little much for me to spend on a home console right now considering I have a decent computer and 360 along with just not being home a lot.

I'm probably getting just the 3DS version now for portability and then the Wii U later on. I'd definitely get the Wii U before any other next gen console.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
I'm probably getting just the 3DS version now for portability and then the Wii U later on. I'd definitely get the Wii U before any other next gen console.

Actually, I'll rescind this comment. Nintendo isn't trying very hard with the Wii U this time around, so I'm definitely skipping it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am going to go with the majority and get both. I think that each will offer a unique experience. Why even have a 2DS if I won't get Smash on it?

D

Deleted member

Both. Since they both have different stages and features, I feel as though I will be missing out if I don't get one or the other.

However, I might play the Wii U version more often.

Morbi

Scavenger
Both. Since they both have different stages and features, I feel as though I will be missing out if I don't get one or the other.

However, I might play the Wii U version more often.
Yes, I too will play the Wii U version predominantly. I think that the handheld version would be a good thing to have to play while I am trying to fall asleep, or if I have some free time and I am away from home. This is a good point. Luckily it is 20 dollars cheaper.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Considering there's going to be some kind of functionality between the two systems, I'll end up getting both, and even at the same time considering I'm such a Smash Bros. fan.

I'd probably play the Wii U version more tho, but Smash on the go is going to be a different experience for sure.

Top Bottom