• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which version of the new Super Smash Bros. will you buy?

Which version of the new Super Smash Bros. will you buy?

• Wii U version

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • 3DS version

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Both versions

Votes: 104 61.2%
  • Neither version

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Self-explanatory question. A poll to ask which version of the new Super Smash Bros. will people around here buy.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Both day one unless the 3DS version sucks ass and it's useless to the WiiU one, in that case I'll wait for it

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'll definitely get the 3DS version since I have a 3DS. I don't have a Wii U and I have no immediate plans to get one, so I'll wait and see on that version.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I will most likely get both, especially since there is supposed to be some transferable factor going into the handheld version with customization. I doubt the entire story mode would fit on the handheld version. Something has to be cut to insure that both versions can have a vast cast of characters, otherwise I will be disappointed with a small roster increase.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
The Wii U version. The 3DS players won't get to experience the game fully.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Both. You can't truly call yourself a Smash fanatic if you don't buy both.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I plan on buying both, actually.

I've rarely been at home since I entered University, meaning that I won't be available to play Smash on a home console. The 3DS version will allow me to play Smash everywhere and that makes me look forward to that version too.

Sazen

Smash Rookie
I think I'm going to buy both versions. 3DS version might be a good way to play some Smash on the go, and the WiiU one will provide me with the traditional, more hardcore experience to Smash.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Both. They'll each have their uses. ¦D

Wii U one takes priority, though.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
If they're cross-compatible like I'm hoping for, then both. I'll be able to practice literally everywhere I go ALL THE TIME with the 3DS! And then come home and use it as a controller for my TV on the WiiU.

However, I haz no income and neither systems so I don't plan on buying either until they come out.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
If they're cross-compatible like I'm hoping for, then both. I'll be able to practice literally everywhere I go ALL THE TIME with the 3DS! And then come home and use it as a controller for my TV on the WiiU.

However, I haz no income and neither systems so I don't plan on buying either until they come out.
Sakurai already said that they're not going to be cross compatible.

That said, I'm probably going to pick up both, with WiiU being top priority. I don't really use my 3DS much at all, though this may give me a reason to.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Will buy both, and their respective consoles for them too. It's gonna be expensive, but so worth it.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Sakurai already said that they're not going to be cross compatible.

That said, I'm probably going to pick up both, with WiiU being top priority. I don't really use my 3DS much at all, though this may give me a reason to.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u-and-3ds-smash-bros-will-not-have-cross-platform-play-wil/
"The Wii U and 3DS versions of the new Super Smash Bros. will not feature cross-platform play, director of Sora Ltd. Masahiro Sakurai tells Joystiq. Since each version of the game has completely different stages, cross-platform play wouldn't work, he told us through an interpreter."

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. My heart, it's broken. Oh well.

It does make sense though why they wouldn't work together. Maybe in the next game! (Please god yes)

D

Deleted member

Wii U version. Not 3DS because I'm not planning on buying Nintendo 3DS.

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
Wii U version since I already have plans for a Wii U and with the Wii U version I can play multi-player with my friends, since none of my friends have a 3DS.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Both, as long as I don't get fired from my current job. I'm buying however two copies for the 3DS version. One for me and one for my brother, since I love him so much. :seuss:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The 3ds would have to be first since I already have the system, but I do look forward to getting both versions eventually.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I'd like to buy both. I'll probably get the 3DS version first though; Playing SSB portable for the first time is going to be hopefully amazing.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Both unless the 3DS version sucks really badly compared to the Wii U one.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I plan to purchase a 3DS when Pokemon comes out so i'll be getting the 3ds version first. I'll just play the Wii U version on campus because i guarantee SOMEONE will have it.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
3DS for the simple reason I don't own a Wii U and I have a LOOONG list of things to get before it. Injustice -> Kingdom Hearts 1.5 -> Possible Kingdom Hearts 2.5 -> PS4 -> Final Fantasy XV -> Kingdom Hearts III all come before Wii U for me. Sadly, I just enjoy those more than the Wii U games, with the exception of Smash.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
May get the 3DS at some point but the Wii U version only for now.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm hoping to get both. But if I don't have a Wii U by the time the game releases. I'll get the 3DS version first.

Hong

The Strongest
Both.

I suspect the 3DS version will never offer a multiplayer experience people take seriously. Just a place to **** around and probably customize your characters. For me, portable gaming is basically something I do interchangeably with, say, reading a book. On a bus, before work, during lunch, etc. I usually do not play portable games at home beyond the initial day or so of freshness. I would hope that, those who typically strictly play games at home, would go for the Wii U version if they can only choose one.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Both. However, I'll probably be playing the WIiiU version most of the time. I don't play on handhelds when I'm at home but, it'll be nice to play Smash when I'm on the go or away from home. I don't expect the 3DS to be on par with the WiiU version either, whether it be the different stages or a lack of/different story mode due to it's smaller size.

Link2thelost90

Smash Lord
I'll be buying both, with the WiiU version having a higher priority than the 3DS version.
Already own both the systems, so I won't have to worry about the whole buying a new system(s) before getting them.

Top Bottom