• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

TrIkZ

Smash Cadet
smashville or battefiled. Final Destination not so much cause of the lip thing.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
FD definitely isn't fair, but I'm a Diddy main do I'm a little bias.
Battlefield is probably the most fair; it's smaller to prevent too much running away, the platforms give characters a sanctuary if the opponent is spamming and it's just flat.
The only real bad thing about Battle Field is that it's not only a smaller stage, but smaller in general so every character dies at lower percents. That however doesn't make it any less fair.
What about characters that rely on camping. Samus needs her missiles.
that makes it less fair to samus wouldn't you say?

this is a stupid question, there are too many characters to actually pick a fair stage, i'd go Hanenbrow though just because it screws everyone up and doesn't give advantages to anyone but like Ike and snake, largely due to the ability to U tilt on the highest branch.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I think that it's final destination. Also, Corneria (I actually created the Corneria stage so that there would be no ships or anything like that. This way it's more fair.)

Bridge of Eldin is also a great stage since it's all flat. A lot of people would disagree for obvious reasons though.
Dude, Corneria is a stage where it's extremely easy to avoid fighting.

Wolf's recovery requires big accuracy in FD, but not so much in Battlefield.

paterack7

Smash Rookie
In my opinion, it has to be Battlefield, no question. Final Destination is a flat surface which favors characters like Meta Knight who can just Side+B all day. On the other hand, Battlefield has platforms, which just about every other stage has, making it much more well-rounded.

FD though has a cool background and awesome music... but it's much less "fair" than Battlefield.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I'd probably agree with the poster above me, each level favours certain characters but Battlefied is most likely the most fair one possible

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
*Looks at the join dates of everyone in this thread and laughs*

You guys do realize that this debate is completely worthless right? There is absolutely no FAIREST stage. There are obviously stages that are more fair than others, but there is no point in having this debate because every stage has things that could be considered an unfair advantage in a matchup.

Plus, what are you even going to do once you have found the most fair stage? Not much you can do with it...

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
In my opinion, it has to be Battlefield, no question. Final Destination is a flat surface which favors characters like Meta Knight who can just Side+B all day. On the other hand, Battlefield has platforms, which just about every other stage has, making it much more well-rounded.

FD though has a cool background and awesome music... but it's much less "fair" than Battlefield.
Side+B all day? Who the **** uses Side+B with Meta Knight? That's his worst move hands down next to his jab and cape. PLEASE learn the the metagame before you make posts like this.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
*Looks at the join dates of everyone in this thread and laughs*

You guys do realize that this debate is completely worthless right? There is absolutely no FAIREST stage. There are obviously stages that are more fair than others, but there is no point in having this debate because every stage has things that could be considered an unfair advantage in a matchup.

Plus, what are you even going to do once you have found the most fair stage? Not much you can do with it...
Quote for truth.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ken Neth is right
there are alot of new people here lol

Yeah....
Theres no such thing as a fair stage
It depends on the character,if their good on it or not

But if I were to chose it would the most commonly used neutrals:
FD,Smashville, and Battlefield

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
I think it's obvious that Battlefield is the most fair. It benefits all characters, even thouse with a lousy jump. Final destination is also fair but the chances of getting caught under the edge prevents those with a lousy recovery from getting back on stage.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If you get caught under the edges of FD you deserve it. It really is not that hard to avoid it with any character. You just have to actually think when recovering.. Wait, no one's wanted to do that since Brawl came out :laugh:

Some threads exist simply to get information out (Q&A). Some threads exist to simply have pointless debate (MK banning). Some threads are utterly pointless (lock material). Choose what you think this kind of thread belongs to and there is your answer Ken Neth.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
I agree with a lot of the other people here and say that there is no truly "fair" stage, although Battlefield and Final Destintation have the least amount of random factors that other stages do (such as moving platforms, hazards and the like).

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I agree with a lot of the other people here and say that there is no truly "fair" stage, although Battlefield and Final Destintation have the least amount of random factors that other stages do (such as moving platforms, hazards and the like).
Final Destination and Battlefield don't have any random factors.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
N64: Dream Land,
Melee: Final Destation, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams,
Brawl: Smashville, Final Destation, Battlefield,

nicekid76

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say that Smashville is the fairest level because it larger than the FD level and the flouting platform opens the door for many other offensive and defensive tactics.

UberMario

Smash Master
Smashville because there is no platform to stay camped underneath or lip under the edge.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
definatly yoshis island (brawl) its like final destination except better tether recovery, better recovery over all (that big ghost hill thingy really helps getting back up) and there is a tilted platform. i know that there is this one character that can take that to their advantage but other wise its just like it and it gives a chance to recover health (shy guys) even if it is just a little bit

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've been trying to get that done for awhile, Kamikaze. But then noobs see the title and feel the need to post without reading any of the recent discussion, even though SV has been voted the most fair like a 100 times to 1 against any other stage over the course of this thread.

But this thread is seriously pointless. Even if everyone could agree on one most fair stage, what good will it do you? It will do absolutely nothing.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
FD does not belong on the list. FD is one of the more unfair legal stages in the game.

FD changes character matchups drastically, and more importantly, gives a few characters incredible buffs.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The simple fact that Final Destination is used so often as a counterpick for Dedede, Falco, Diddy and other characters pretty much destroys the very idea that it is balanced or "fair."

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
I say Smashville. FD gives projectile users too much of an advantage to be a fair stage and Battlefield's platforms give projectileless characters a bit of an upperhand. Smashville has a moving platform, giving both types of characters good uses.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
FD does not belong on the list. FD is one of the more unfair legal stages in the game.

FD changes character matchups drastically, and more importantly, gives a few characters incredible buffs.
Yes it does. Tell me what matchups it changes oh so drastically.

And if you try to mention the "gimp ledges" I will punch you in the face, because you should be able to recover well enough by now.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
DELFINO!!!!!
It has platforms and it has flat parts. It has water and it has air. It has solid stages and it has places you can go through. It's got something for every character. Think about it!

Yes it does. Tell me what matchups it changes oh so drastically.
Anything with Falco, D3, or ICs, to name a small portion.

And if you try to mention the "gimp ledges" I will punch you in the face, because you should be able to recover well enough by now.
LOLsauce @ MK main saying that.

Roark

Smash Rookie
NNID
xRoark
I feel...

As i main 5 characters and play with the whole roster. I believe that the fairest stage is the following:
Smashville

I feel that smashville is the fairest as it gives some characters the space to be defensive, but not to the point that you will see tremendous camping. Likewise in the offensive. If the field is too small, faster characters (such as those who can maintain constant owange) will devastate others. If the stage is too large and completely flat (such as final destination), camping would occur, making it harder for the characters with close range attacks to approach their oppenent.

Battlefield is for the most part fair; however, it creates a harder time for those characters who have approaches from above.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
1. Smashville
2. Battlefield
3. Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Final Destination is too dang campy.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Final Destination isn't the most fair due to the lips below the stage blocks recoveries. The most fair in Battlefield or Smashville.

FastFire

Smash Cadet
Battlefield and Smashville are somewhat fair. With all these platforms in the way, certain characters would have trouble against others.

Top Bottom