• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It was just on my subscriptions list, but I took care of it. Don't worry ;)

I only came back this time cause you posted my name. LOL at the first time I ever search my name is the day someone posts it in a thread that I'm no longer subscribed to XD

KROE

Smash Cadet
All my friends Play Final Destination all the time, but that board gets boring sometimes, Ikinda like the soothing music on, any of the Kirby stages. Gotta Love Kirby, and hello everyone! n_n

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
Battlefield. Final D, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island. After all these 4 stages are starters. They're all fair. I'm pretty sure every character does well on at least one of these stages amirite?

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ It's automatically Smashville. Smashville is a stage that most characters does average on, I haven't seen a character that does bad on this stage. ♥

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
Smashville is one of Captain Falcon's worst stages. And Snake does waaaaaaaay too good on it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Either Yoshi's island (and no just cause I like Yoshi) or Battlefield. Smashville is good but the platform goes out of the stage a bit too much and saves alot of people many times.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
smashville. so what if snake's c4 is a ***** there; 'most fair' don't mean 'perfectly fair for everyone'

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
There is no such thing as a general "most fair stage". In a game like Smash, it is impossible to say that, as there are too many factors that determine the fairness of a stage.

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
smashville. so what if snake's c4 is a ***** there; 'most fair' don't mean 'perfectly fair for everyone'
I think Smashvile, FD, BF, and Yoshi's Island are all the fairest stages. I really doubt that you can choose between the four. Like I said before. Every char does good on at least one of them. Plus, they were chosen to be starters.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Smashville is the most fair stage.

FD screws over anyone who is terrible at getting back to the ground when being juggled and in general hurts terrible recoveries that are common within the bottom tier. Characters that can projectile camp or run away a lot are stupidly harder to deal with on this stage.

BF has lots of ridiculous exploits by characters like Metaknight, Marth, and G&W, and approaching some characters when they camp under platforms can be stupidly hard with your approach angles limited.

The only thing that comes close to being gay on SV is moving mine/CF which is very much avoidable on reaction. SV occasionally helps bad recoveries and helps characters get around camping since you can shield on the platform and wait for it to transport you closer.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
I think Smashvile, FD, BF, and Yoshi's Island are all the fairest stages. I really doubt that you can choose between the four. Like I said before. Every char does good on at least one of them. Plus, they were chosen to be starters.
Battlefield is unnecessary for a mention; its platforms benefit many characters with projectiles while the sidelines are easily gimpy against characters with bad recovery.

FD has no platforms where characters benefit from, alongside supporting chaingrab chars and campyness.

Yoshi's is just....eww. Although the ghost plats occasionally save, it's stupidly unreliable. The tilting plat is annoy, and slopes are too wtf.

BSP

Smash Legend
i probably said FD earlier, but after thinking about it smashville probably wins with its better leges, and smaller size.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Norfair ;)
Seriously though, I think its Smashville. Battlefield comes to a close second imo. FD's ledges are pretty gay, and I also agree with Mike that characters with CGs will definately get the benefit of the flat stage.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yoshi's is just....eww. Although the ghost plats occasionally save, it's stupidly unreliable. The tilting plat is annoy, and slopes are too wtf.
I've thought about this more, I like the slopes, it's the only 1 of the 4 that gives any good wall jumping character a chance to shine. Sheik has some awesome fun near YI(B) ledges. It's a bigger trade off than SV so it's definitely the least "neutral" or "fair" stage of the 4 unless you count how many characters get a buff on FD > minues on YI(B) which I haven't...

Top Bottom