• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is the most fair?:

UberBowser

Smash Rookie
I really believe that BattleField is the overall fairest although Luigi's Mansion does present a landscape like FD does after the house is gone (I know someone said this earlier too). I think a level like Luigi's Mansion is fairer to those who can't run away under the stage.

Really, the Pokemon stages could both be pretty fair considering not many if any one character is really good at all of the mini-stages.

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
The fairest stage might be Smashville. Although I somewhat like Final Destination, it's not fair at all since it's the perfect place for spammers, campers, and chaingrabs.

SILENTWALL

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys. I'm new here. I have been making custom stage for 1 year, however, I'm not sure how to make a perfect neutral stage. I'm not a brawl expert, so I need someone help me to tune my stages' balance. I need to know what those experts' thought.
Here is my stages' list.
http://supersmashbros.ign.com/stages/list/name/asc/stages_created_user_id=118298433/

I have tested some official stages' K.O data. I had used Mario to hit the a unit from the center and lowest ground. This can test how far the death boundary is.
Result layout: Up Smash % / Forward Smash %
Battlefield: 137/123
Final Destination: 137/124
Delfino Plaza: 138/119
Luigi's Mansion: 146/132
Mario Circuit: 146/102
Bridge Of Elden: 138/128
Pirate Ship: 141/122
Norfair: 138/124
Frigate Orpheon: 134/119
Yoshi's Island: 139/119
Battleship Halberd: 129/122
Lylat Cruise: 138/123
Pokemon Stadium II: 138/131
Pokemon Stadium I: 138/120
Port Town Aero Dive: 129/118
Warioware Inc.: 133/96
SmashVille: 138/119

Question:
Which official stage do experts like mostly?
Does no grabbing edge matter?
How far the death boundaries do you like in the stage?
Compare two stages 100/100 and 100/115. Which is better? How much different between U-Smash and F-Smash number is the best balance?
Where can I see a reliable Character tier chart?

Please help me. Thank you.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
there is no such thing as a most fair stage.thats the reason there is counterpicks, neutral, and banned stages.you lose in a neutral due to something "unfair", you pick something your character has the advantage in.when a stage is too unfair for your character, you ban it.simple as that.btw silentwall, that is a great idea. i would help you do something like make a more fair stage but i dont have a wii. honestly i dont even like brawl that much. the best i can do is for now is draw stages on graph paper.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
also silent wall, u should tier stages from lowest ceiling to highest ceilings. and also seperatly tier stages from easiest horizontal kill to hardest. mabye a third tier for an average. im just asking but it would be very much appreciated. im pretty sure im not the only one that would love that

SILENTWALL

Smash Rookie
LunarNOVA, yea. The different distance of side, top and down boundary is the basic balance of the stage. My K.O data has showed the different of them (see U-Smash%/F-Smash%). For example: stage Warioware Inc.: 133/96, it gives good advantage to strong F-Smash characters such as Ike.

IMO, we need to build stage from a basic data, and than we can add some factors to balance on the stage, which is the possibility of camping, spacing, wall and slope.

However, the problem is that we seem confused what the basic balance is. Under the flatland stage, which O.K. data is the neutral balance? 100/120? 100/115? 100/110? 100/100? 100/95? 100/90?
See the Tounanment Starter stages:
Yoshi's Island: 139/119
Battlefield: 137/123
Smashville: 138/119
Final Destination: 137/124
Is that mean 20% to 13% different between U-Smash and F-Smash the best setting on a medium size stage? Does the expert really think that?
Please tell me.
Help!

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
smashville because it isn't big enough for a character to camp to well and the moving platform disallows any platform pwnge

fd is to big and flat for close range charracters
bttlefield is to small with too many platforms for aeiral(excuse the spelling) and ranged attackers

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Honestly Pokemon Stadium is the fairest if it never changed states. The flat bottom and two platforms layout is the best IMO.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
there is no such thing as a most fair stage.thats the reason there is counterpicks, neutral, and banned stages.you lose in a neutral due to something "unfair", you pick something your character has the advantage in.when a stage is too unfair for your character, you ban it.simple as that.btw silentwall, that is a great idea. i would help you do something like make a more fair stage but i dont have a wii. honestly i dont even like brawl that much. the best i can do is for now is draw stages on graph paper.
I have to agree with Nova; there can't be a fairest stage because different characters fight differently. Sometimes very differently in the case of say falco and ganondorf.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
1.Battlefield
2.Smashville

FD is not that fair because some characters can get stuck easily under the edge DDD and Falco can chaingrab until they get bored. And some big and slow characters like Bowser, Charizard, Ganon ,DK? and Ike can get zoned and projectile spammed easily.

I prefer Dream Land from Melee and 64 but it's all good because you can rebuild it on this game.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I have to agree that it's either battlefield or smashville, although I'm not sure which of those two... maybe battlefield, since some characters can abuse the moving platform or alternatively are messed up by it.

So yah, I say battlefield is the most fair stage in general, although there will always be uneven match-ups even on battlefield.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm still surprise that people say Final Destination is not fair when it does nothing at all. It's just a flat stage that do nothing, it's just the characters that can abuse it. XD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm still surprise that people say Final Destination is not fair when it does nothing at all. It's just a flat stage that do nothing, it's just the characters that can abuse it. XD
There's your answer, characters can abuse it, granted there are some stages that do a great deal of stuff on their own, but for the neutrals at least, it because characters can abuse them.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I rest on Smashville because it combines Battlefield and FD to where it's not just flat, but there isn't too many platforms.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
People are biased. They want to ***** their character advantages on counterpicks. Then when you take it away by picking FD, people get mad.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Personally I believe Final Destination encourages camping for those with projectiles and forces those without projectiles to play offensive.
I say people should man up and learn how to powershield and jump.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
I would say most fair stage is only FD because it is flat and neutral. smashville and battlefield are close but due to the ability to abuse opponents with the use of platforms they are not fair for all characters.

T-block

B2B TST
"Fair" in this question means giving no character an advantage in a particular matchup. Since there are so many characters in brawl, no stage is going to be completely "fair", since one character will do better on a certain stage than others. It's unavoidable in a game like brawl, where each character is so different. That being said, I think Smashville is the closest we can come to a fair stage, even though Snake does do really well there with the moving platform. FD favours characters like Falco and Diddy a lot...

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
probably FD or battle field
FD although it is a flat stage with no distractions at all it dose give people the ability to camp because it's so big

BF it's relatively small stage and because of that its hard for people to camp there but since its such a small stage it gives a huge advantage to those of close combat and gives those with ranged abilities like MK, Marth, etc.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
not every neutral is fair because of certain qualities of characters some accell at platforms like olimar. some prefer large flat stages like campers or chain grabbers. so if final d was the only stage marth would have a disadvantage to falco

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
FD definitely isn't fair, but I'm a Diddy main do I'm a little bias.
Battlefield is probably the most fair; it's smaller to prevent too much running away, the platforms give characters a sanctuary if the opponent is spamming and it's just flat.
The only real bad thing about Battle Field is that it's not only a smaller stage, but smaller in general so every character dies at lower percents. That however doesn't make it any less fair.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
not every neutral is fair because of certain qualities of characters some accell at platforms like olimar. some prefer large flat stages like campers or chain grabbers. so if final d was the only stage marth would have a disadvantage to falco
I agree. However, the title of the thread is "Which stage is the most fair?." Should it merely depend on your own character? Or overall?

highfive

Smash Lord
I say FD. Some people rely on platforms and such for their Brawl styles but they have to fight for real when it comes to FD. Not sure anyone is at a disadvantage when it comes to FD

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Smashville is fair. Unlike final destination, you don't get caught under the lip of it all the time(I call it getting "kissed").

2Sko

Smash Cadet
My fav stage is Smashville, but I would have to say the most fair stage is Battlefield no doubt...

Phendrona

Smash Rookie
I think that it's final destination. Also, Corneria (I actually created the Corneria stage so that there would be no ships or anything like that. This way it's more fair.)

Bridge of Eldin is also a great stage since it's all flat. A lot of people would disagree for obvious reasons though.

Top Bottom