• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which "impossible" character do you want to see for Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The Protagonist from Crystalis (his default name being Simea in the Gameboy Color port). Although originally an SNK game for the NES, Nintendo acquired the rights and now owns the IP. The name of the game in Japan is "God Slayer: Sonata of the Far-Away Sky". It's a shame the GBC port was garbage compared to the original:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Had no idea Nintendo owns them now. I was considering Simea for a DC VS SNK crossover.

Anyway, for me is anyone from Killer Instinct.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Lace, from Dragon Spirit.

I think that's Lace and Iris in the picture, but I'm not sure. They are MUCH more ...pixely in the game

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
If Dragon Spirit is not on the Virtual Console section of the T-16, then the chances are slim.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
This is the Impossible character thread

The game was, however, re-released on XBOX 360
Yes I know that. But I was considering positive chances if they get in. Virtual Console counts right?

Also, these guys are less likely but I don't want them around:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes I know that. But I was considering positive chances if they get in. Virtual Console counts right?

Also, these guys are less likely but I don't want them around:

I'd totally love them in smash.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They'd be an anomaly: On one hand, they'd be banned for having infinite jumps. On the other hand, they could be bottom tier for being such crappy characters.

And now... The Cheetahmen.
I was going to mention the infinite jumps in their moveset as well

BTW. I now claim the Cheetahment thread

Polimario

Smash Cadet
NNID
Polimario
3DS FC
4425-1491-7986
I'd like to see Amaterasu appear, to be honest. She's already got a background in the fighter series, and her vast move arsenal would make her perfect in the Smash scene.

Too bad it's impossible because, well, Ammy's a Capcom character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Five bucks say it gets locked. :troll:

If it doesn't lock, then more power to you. I'd support their inclusion, because why the hell not?
I've made it, and have been continually updating it as I think of stuff to write.

check back often for more and more information

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd probably get a good laugh if Agent P (Perry the Platypus) ended up as a fighter. Of course, we can't have Agent P without Dr. Doofenshmirtz...

[collapse="Agent P and Doofenshmirtz"]
[/collapse]

Obviously, they're 4th parties, so that's an impossible thought.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wish you would stop saying fourth-party. Did John teach you that kind of language.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My brother, the Team Fortress 2 addict (and Hale GOD!) tells me he would own as the Spy in Smash Bros! :laugh:

I would also like to add :026:, :009: (my favorite Pokémon EVER!!!), :020: (dat Hyper Fang and Super Fang!!!), and :149: would all be pretty awesome playable Pokémon!!!

Another great character would be Midna (w/ or w/o Wolf Link). Oh, and Bomberman! :grin:

Also, after realizing it after Brawl was released, Plusle and Minun, Toon Zelda, and Toon Tetra would be pretty ballsy.

As for "beyond 3rd party characters" that truly have a 0% chance, I would love Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Spider-man, Batman, the Joker, Superman, George Washington (he'd be OP, because he's American), :cool: and Sakurai's cat! :troll:
That was a long,beautiful list John:scared:*applause*
Why thank you my fellow smash brother! I am just showing my smashing passion of my real brothers of gaming!!! ;)
Great list but you forgot one iconic character
Crash Bandicoot!!!!! It'd be the most bomb-*** character ever next to Conker
Yeah, I did forget him. Also, Spyro, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly, and Drake (from Uncharted); quite frankly, every Naughty Dogs character ever. :bee: :laugh: :bee:
I wish you would stop saying fourth-party. Did John teach you that kind of language.
At least it's better than your kind of language. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Impossible characters? Very well, I will just list the impossible video game characters I would like to see in Smash.

Amaterasu [Okami]
Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
Asha [Monster World IV]
Banjo [Banjo-Kazooie]
Bob [Tekken 6]
Bop-Louie [Ufouria: The Saga]
Cecil [Final Fantasy IV]
Crono [Chrono Trigger]
Firebrand [Gargoyle's Quest]
Gilius Thunderhead [Golden Axe]
Goemon [The Legend of the Mystical Ninja]
Kokopolo [Go! Go! Kokopolo!]
Kratos [God of War]
Master Higgins [Adventure Island]
Max [Mutant Mudds]
Mega Man [Street Fighter X Tekken]
Mike Haggar [Final Fight]
Prince of Persia [Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time]
Quote [Cave Story]
Randi [Secret of Mana]
Ryu [Breath of Fire]
Shantae [Shantae]
Shion [Wonder Boy in Monster World]
Simon Belmont [Castlevania]
Yangus [Dragon Quest VIII]

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Varric from Dragon Age II
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter
Sly Cooper
Vexx
Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 2)
Javik (Mass Effect 3)
Globox (Rayman)
Spiderman
Aang
Bumi
Korra
Amon
Sackboy
Raz (Psychonauts)
The Stranger (Oddworld)

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Here's a 5th party character I think would make a good addition to Smash 4:

CHUCK NORRIS IMAGE THAT DIDN'T NEED TO BE QUOTED AGAIN
I imagine that if Chuck Norris got in, every button would be a roundhouse kick, including the shield buttons.

And oh man, I've never been for non-video game characters getting into Smash, but I would pee my pants over some playable Avatar characters. Aang and Korra would be awesome, and Bolin is my one true love :B And Lin and Toph... well, I just don't know if any one game can even handle that much awesome :shades:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I forgot one other character: Duke Nukem!

That dude is such a BAMF!!!

Also, the SA-X (Metroid Fusion), Kratos (from God of War), Lloyd Irving (from Tales of Symphonia), Metal Sonic (Sonic CD), Ryu (Ninja Gaiden), Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 2, 4, and 6), Hector (Fire Emblem 6 & 7), M. Bison (Street Fighter), and Zero (Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero franchises) would all be awesome in smash bros! :shades:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Banjo Kazooie.

The things I would do to Sakurai if he did everything in his power to get Banjo Kazooie in the game.. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd like Gooey, Ado, Rick, Lololo & Lalala, & Dark Matter. It will never happen since Sakurai is biased against characters that are created by Sakamoto instead of him.

:phone:

Earthworm Jim

Smash Rookie
Look no further then my name and avatar picture for the unlikely/impossible character I would love to see in Smash. Earthworm Jim was the first video game I ever played, and it's also the series that has fuelled my imagination. Jim would be an awesome character!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Tarma Roving from the Metal Slug series.
Been a fan of this series since the first one, I'd go absolutely ape**** if he gets in.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wouldn't count out Megaman, seeing as Sakurai mentioned how he wants to try and see if he can get a Capcom character in Smash 4, and Megaman is as recognizable and as good to Nintendo as Capcom characters come.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
this will never happen, but... here's Darth Vader.

this is his art from Soul Calibur IV. he would be badass in SSB.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
let's see... I REALLY want a "Majora's Mask Link", that you could switch between Deku, Goron and Zora Link, and the final smash being Fierce Deity Link, but I really don't picture this happening. Like, three Links in one game?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
let's see... I REALLY want a "Majora's Mask Link", that you could switch between Deku, Goron and Zora Link, and the final smash being Fierce Deity Link, but I really don't picture this happening. Like, three Links in one game?
There just so happens to be a thread dedicated to the discussion of Masked Link, if you want to check it out:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324322

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I came up with an ideal moveset for Nathan Spencer (classic outfit).

B: Bionic Arm.
>Nathan holds the arm briefly before firing it diagonally upwards. If there's a ceiling or a wall, he'll latch on to it. If there's an item falling, he'll grab it. If there's a character in contact, he'll grab him too.
If you move the joystick either up, down, left, or right, the bionic arm will be shot in that particular direction.

Bside: Bionic AAAAARRMM!!
Spencer charges an attack that travels horizontally to viciously strike an opponent once in a straight line. This attack will go through them (which also makes it a good horizontal recovery move). It knocks back in the opposite direction.

Bdown: Grenade
Spencer throws a grenade at the opponent. Works similarly to Snake's grenades. These ones have more horizontal knockback instead of vertical.

Bup: Bionic Spin
Spencer will spin around, letting an extended bionic arm strike all those around him. He can also deflect light projectiles as well.
On air, he can hover for a split second, using it like a helicopter (almost twice the distance as a directional air dodge forward)

Final Smash:
Helicopter hijack
>>Hijacks a helicopter and fires its machine gu*coughcough* I mean LASERS, at his opponents, in a sidescroller fashion. The opponents have a chance at diminishing Nathan's Final Smash time if they all try taking the chopper down at the same time.
The chopper's laser machine guns rack up a LOT of damage, but they don't KO, unless the chopper itself rams the opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom