• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Melee Goes Full Anime

Would you watch a Melee anime?

• Yes!

Votes: 726 80.9%
  • No.

Votes: 117 13.0%
  • Anime?

Votes: 54 6.0%

• Total voters

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I was scared, I thought this was going to be one of those poorly animated fake anime intros that usually pop up when some one searches smash bros anime.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
This is my least favorite song from Hunter x Hunter. The screaming is difficult to listen to.

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
This makes me think of a DBZ parody where the DBZ characters are replaced with SSB characters. Idkw :4lucario: :4fox::4mewtwo::4wiremac::4kirby:

Also, :substitute: PRAISE SUBSTITUTE! :substitute:

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
I thought it would have been an intro sequence with the animated versions of those players and their mains I guess. After all it did say melee anime. But I just got a loud mess of noise and bright colors, with a couple still images and "hype" clips.
It was pretty fake and gay.
You get an A for effort though.

Wintry

Smash Cadet
I was laughing the whole time, but I got legit hype when we saw the five gods and their mains, and then Leffen.

That was so anime.

PTFool

Smash Rookie
What I'd like to see is an anime featuring the top players as characters in an exaggerated tale of the gods, the usurper, and the demigods making a claim to the throne. Then, fight sequences could be done by showing clips of sets between the two.

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I remember when HBox had this idea on his stream like a month ago xD his voices cracked me up. Would love to see this

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
I really loved the presentation that the video gave off. It really shows off the numerous examples of high-skill competitive play while also demonstrating the amount of hype between transitions, all in the format of an anime intro. Sometimes I wish someone can just make an animation series of the Smash players and each stream/tournament can be one episode each. That would be really great to see one day!

Top Bottom