• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Melee Goes Full Anime

Would you watch a Melee anime?

• Yes!

Votes: 726 80.9%
  • No.

Votes: 117 13.0%
  • Anime?

Votes: 54 6.0%

• Total voters

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
I think a smash anime would be more interesting if it were about the characters in smash. Still a neat intro though.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Ten bucks says within the next few years we'll have an anime about competitive gaming with references to real life figures.

We've already had anime about boxing, biking, swimming, basketball, soccer, video games in general, virtual reality Gundam battles, etc.

Competitive gaming anime is coming, mark my words

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I guess I was expecting something a kin to palutena reveal trailer.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The only anime-esque part was the picture. I was expecting like a full video of that ****...not 8 seconds worth. I also found the song fairly cringe worthy.

But the Gary Oak Leffen villain bit was fairly funny.

Last edited:

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
Ehhh the video wasn't that great imo. Not like I could ever do something better though xD

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I wasn't expecting just Melee. Melee isn't the only smash game, And for people who say its because the video is based off tournaments. Melee Is not the only smash game in tournaments.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
I think I'm gonna put off Full Metal Alchemist for another few years or so.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Competitive gaming will get an anime eventually yeah, chances for Smash are small unless someone from the community pulls enough weight in that world.

If the guy who made those manga posters though get's a manga going stuff could happen...

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I pressed 'no' because I spend too much time on SSB4 to watch any anime.

Maikou

Smash Ace
One word for video:

FAILURE

For one, Melee isn't all there is. You could at least have TRIED Project M for the video, if you NEED hyper competitive footage.

Second, where is the actual, you know, ANIME?! All I saw was gameplay footage and people at tournaments.

Third, a Smash anime would be about the characters. Not competitve high-level players, the actual Smash Characters. Anyone who says otherwise is an arrogant idiot.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I was expecting an animated (done to look like anime) short done to look like Melee's opening, not whatever that was.

Why would anyone make an anime about people playing smash instead of the characters in Smash, its stupid, dumb and a waste of potential.

Lala33012

Smash Rookie
NNID
Haha that was amazing! I'd definitely binge watch this like netflix. But then again, I'd rather play. lol

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
People are getting too hung up on the fact that it's not animated but besides that it's totally put together in a typical shonen style anime opening.

Maybe it's not full anime but it's definitely half anime.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Yo I like anime but I did not like this and I feel bad about it.

Top Bottom