• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What's the best thing about the 50+ fact Extravaganza for you?

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
The announcer (Xander Mobus) doing the entire thing. EXCITING!!

Booster

Smash Lord
The whole thing is what i loved (though im suprised he diden't show the duck hunt dog trailer though.)

But going by top 5

1 :150: (even if i decided to only have1version of smash more than willing to pay for him)

2 ending the ridley arguements once and for all (though but back in april idioic way to deconfirm him for playable) (tiny ridley for dlc :troll:)

3 5-8 player smash (finally no more waiting for a spot for smash)

4 stage builder (10 septillion times better than brawls stage maker.)

5 all exclusive modes (yes they are all better than 3ds version)

Yes, because people have 8 controllers for one system lying around...I don't know anyone who even keeps the full four, much less 8

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Everything. But mostly:

8 player mode
Huge stages
"Danger Zones"
Wrecking Crew stage
New DK stage looks awesome
Decent compromise on Ridley
Trophy Boxes seem cool
Coin Mode
Special Smash
Awesome stage builder

And I hated using him in Melee, and don't really care about Pokemon outside of Smash, but I am really glad Mewtwo is back. It's another villain to add to the roster, and I loved having a player who wielded items telekinetically.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Pit Codecs.
Stage Builder.
Two Player Everything.
Event Mode's return.
Classic Mode's new format.
Master Fortress.
8 Player Smash.

Oh and Mewtwo.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Announcer guy narrating the whole affair;

Smash Tour looks ridiculously fun;

Eight-player smash is going to be a hell of a riot;

Metal Face looks gorgeous in HD;

The Great Cave Offensive is a magnificently in-depth stage;

Amiibo are still adorable and exciting;

Palutena's advice - just what I been hoping for since Palutena's reveal;

DLC confirmed!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Online tournament mode. Called that months ago :)
The Announcer narrating the whole thing.
The Announcer apparently wan to watch a bunch of young children draw custom stages (which can only lead to one thing)
Confrontation with the Enemy getting a remix.
Pit Codecs feat. Chrom
Co-op everything
Master Fortress
Nintendo remembered that on the Gamepad, there's a MICROPHONE!

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
The deconfirmation of Ridley as playable so no more "Where's Ridley DLC?!!!" xD. I actually would have liked Ridley to play as well, but I knew he wasn't going to be playable so this just confirms it.

In seriousness though, what I AM happy about is pretty much everything.
ESPECIALLY MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO.
But it's a bit unfair that you only get Mewtwo if you have the game on both consoles. Seriously, why? I'm still not sure if I'll be able to get the Wii U version, so if I can't I will be quite disappointed because I won't have MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO:mewtwomelee:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
8-player smash, by far. I love team battles with my friends, and the possibility of having 3 or 4 teams, or two giant teams is amazing, not to mention FFA. I'm also excited about the amiibos, and look forward to working them into the enormous battles.

Mewtwo is okay...more excited about him pseudo-confirming DLC characters. I also hope that board game mode with the "play as a different character for each stock" thing ends up with a standalone option.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fantabulous:
Mewtwo
DKCR stage
8 Playahs
Mewtwo
Bowser Jr trailer
Item frequency (which should've been a given but you nevah know with Sakurai)
Stage builder
Mewtwo
The shiny and purdy graphics
Master Fortress
Online tourneys
Controller options
Mewtwo

Kinda dumb:
75m coming back (but FD 75m should be neat)
No Wii U Magicant
Great Cave Offensive's lava hazards
Voice chat before and after the match, but not during
Limited number of new stages compared to past stages
Masterpieces still (nice concept, doesn't translate well)
Dark Pit

Meh:
Smash Tour
Amiibo
Miiverse Stage
Angry Birds Target Blast
Master/Crazy Orders
Vandalize the screenshot mode
Everything to do with the Miis

Hilarious:
Ridley (but only because of those crazy Ridley supporters. Otherwise sad. :()
How easy it'll be to make penises in stage builder

SAKURAIIIIII:
Pit Codecs
Dark Pit

So overall... pretty good! Actually overall it's kinda meh but Mewtwo makes up for all shortcomings. Unless you still had your hopes up for Ridley. Heheh.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Being able to have the entire Original 8 fighting in the same match, definitely

There's also the new DK stage, it's no silhouette stage, but two planes is mind-bogglingly awesome.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Oh man where to even start...
Mewtwo and Jungle Hijinx are probably the most exciting to me. Smash Tour, Stage Builder, Mewtwo, Miiverse, GCO, Big Battlefield, Mewtwo, and The Koopalings' trailer were also really, really great.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Everything. From Classic Mode, to Smash Tour all the way to Stage Builder and the amount of music- everything is great. I am a bit biased- but I cannot wait for Pit's conversations with Palutena and Viridi. I really hope other KIU characters chime in- especially Hades who is arguably the best Nintendo villain.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I said it in the other thread, but I REALLY think Ridley was planned to be playable and either because he didnt work or because of 3DS limitations, the idea was scrapped and he was sized-up to be a boss. He fights like a playable character (at least like an amiibo), his KO's count towards the final KO count at the end of a match, his KO's look just like a playable character being KO'd with the big explosion, and he even has a small head icon.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hmm. I wouldn't say Mewtwo precisely, but the fact that there is at least one DLC character announced. Shows me that speculation doesn't have to end, and it meant that the character boards reopened. Glorious day.

Otherwise, the stage builder. It looks so freaking good.

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Well everything was appealing to me. The things that stood out to me are
8 Player Smash
Classic Mode
Stage Builder
Bowser Jr.'s Trailer
Mewtwo Returning

I'm kinda bummed that Ridley's a stage but how he behaves on the stage makes up for it so I'm very excited for the game :3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, with there being as many as 8 fighters in a match, I can pretty much see why the Ice Climbers were scrapped from the game; you'd be seeing as many as 8 Popos and 8 Nanas, which can really put a strain on the hardware if you add the stage hazards, the Poke Ball Pokemon, and the Assist Trophies.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
The announcer
8 Player smash
Metal Face & Ridley
Bowser Jr. Trailer
OMG THAT STAGE BUILDER

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
The only thing that I really wanted was 8 player smash, I got that and then everything else was icing on the cake.

Until.....

Mewtwo! I didn't dare expect that, but my number one most wanted character has finally been announced!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The whole goddamn thing. Even the thing we already knew got me hyped.

I can't even sleep, it 11:50 PM and I got school tomorrow.

My body wasn't ready

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
For me?

Speculation got reborn.

I got my Paper Mario thread back and now, support is now without dealines.

Best thing ever.

After, seeing the number 437 on the corner of the sounds test, the stage builder and the thing you can do with trophies that is more than 685...way too much was so hype in ti...

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo!

Hopefully he's good this time, and hopefully Mew2King mains him

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT RIDLEY WASNT GOING TO BE A BOSS.

WHOS LAUGHING NOW MATE.

8 Player Smash, all dem new stages (Wuhu Island, Great Cave Offensive, Jungle Jinx and Mario Circuit 8), STAGE BUILDER, heck those new photo modes look good too, Master Fortress and 2 Player Classic, and lots of other stuff

AIM0001

Smash Lord
TOP FIVE!

1. Mewtwo!!! Not his biggest fan but congrats to the Mewtwo fans nonetheless. This announcement is huge because it opens the doors for DLC. ABSOLUTELY HUGE!

2. 8 PLAYER SMASH! Has finally been confirmed! We can use 8 GC controllers, 8 Wii motes, 8 Pros, 8 awwwww you get it! 8 anything! 4v4, 2v2v2v2, 8 player FFA. All possible!

3. Stage Builder is back! Looks great. I knew they couldn't pass up the potential for using the gamepad. Looking forward to this. I love creating my own stages.

4. Stages galore! I'm not sure if all stages are confirmed but from what I saw, there is still more to be revealed. The 4 big stages look fantastic and that new DKCR level was sexy!

5. MUSIC! The soundtrack looks bigger than ever. I'm all about nostalgia and besides characters and stages I do love me some music. It will be fun collecting all the CD's

Notable Mention: The announcer did an O mazing job with this presentation. Using him in future smashes to hype up these games would be smart. He deserves every dollar he made. PAY THE MAN!

Last edited:

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Ridley being confirmed as a boss character, new stages, music, Master Fortress, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings reveal trailer, and Mewtwo returned to Smash 4.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Best thing for me?
Music. So many music options. And a lot of the original Brawl and Mell music (ie menus and stuff) is in SSB4 too. I'm really happy about this.

Worst thing for me:
Mewtwo. Forcing everyone to buy both versions of the gamer for this when not everyone owns both consoles just smells like a very unethical way to get more sales of both versions of the games. Not cool Nintendo.
I so want to play Mewtwo but is that worth $40+ just for one new character?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Best thing for me?
Music. So many music options. And a lot of the original Brawl and Mell music (ie menus and stuff) is in SSB4 too. I'm really happy about this.

Worst thing for me:
Mewtwo. Forcing everyone to buy both versions of the gamer for this when not everyone owns both consoles just smells like a very unethical way to get more sales of both versions of the games. Not cool Nintendo.
I so want to play Mewtwo but is that worth $40+ just for one new character?
They said Mewtwo would be available for free with both. Leads me to assume he's also going to be regular DLC/dual owners get him early or something. Nintendo, Pokemon notwithstanding, is usually above **** moves like this.

the8thark

Smash Lord
They said Mewtwo would be available for free with both. Leads me to assume he's also going to be regular DLC/dual owners get him early or something. Nintendo, Pokemon notwithstanding, is usually above **** moves like this.
I agree. Nintendo is usually above tactics like this. But after the major mess that was the Hyrule Warrior, Pre-Order costumes, I don't have faith in Nintendo that this will indeed be paid DLC one day. So Nintendo but your mistake with the HW pre-order DLC lost some of my faith in you.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I agree. Nintendo is usually above tactics like this. But after the major mess that was the Hyrule Warrior, Pre-Order costumes, I don't have faith in Nintendo that this will indeed be paid DLC one day. So Nintendo but your mistake with the HW pre-order DLC lost some of my faith in you.
Pretty sure that mess was all Temco.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
The announcer.

In terms of game content though, it's hard to choose one thing, so I'll list all my favorites:
*My Music. Yes, we knew about it already, but I still happily welcome it back.
*New Stage Builder. I always had fun with the old one, and the new one has even more potential.
*Luigi's Mansion, one of my favorite Brawl stages, making its glorious return.
*Eight player mode- even if we won't have too many people over at once, there's so much fun to be had even with computers.
*The picture editor looks like a blast, and same with the trophy photos (though we knew about that too).
*Tournament mode returning along with event matches.
*Pit's special taunts as our Snake codec stand-in (and a Chrom cameo!).
*Even if we already knew of him, Bowser Jr.'s trailer was absolutely epic.
*And, of course, Mewtwo. Not really for Mewtwo himself, but because this opens up the possibility of others being DLC characters, as well as trophies not being an automatic disqualification for playability. But mostly I just want Lucas playable in some form.

TravelocityKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
TravelocityKirby
3DS FC
3480-2636-5297
Hmmmm... Let me see... That the Gamepad has a MICROPHOOONE!! Seriously, that announcer made me smile the entire time. The Pit Codecs are gonna be AWESOME.

Personally excited for all the new stages and ALL DAT MUSIC. Jungle Hijinx, Wuhu, and GCO especially~ (Lylat Cruise too <3) That sexy jazzy sunset DKCR music BETTER be in there. Some Kirby 64 tunes would be nice too. Also filling out those Trophy boxes is just too much for me.

8-player Smash sounds incredibly ridiculous, new Classic's and the Orders are intriguing, and looking forward to the new Events. Plus I'm warming up to the Smash Tour. My friends always have a riot with Mario Party and, hey, the players actually INTERACT during the board game! Don't mind the Miis being the pieces.

Also dat Stage Builder and Bowser Jr. trailer. And Master Fortress. Guuuuuuh!!
Finally with Mewtwo returning (gratz to y'all who pined for it) this means that there's hope for a Rhythm Heaven rep yet!!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mewtwo steals the show here. Not only does he satisfy countless people but he opens the door for even more possibilities with the confirmation of DLC.
Also, Stage Builder rocked my socks and I cannot wait to recreate Whomp's Fortress in it.

Polimario

Smash Cadet
NNID
Polimario
3DS FC
4425-1491-7986
Mewtwo.
Stage Builder.
8-Player Smash.
Master Fortress.
Special Orders.
Smash Tour looks interesting.
That Bowser Jr. trailer.
All the trailers being viewable in-game.
Mewtwo.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
- The announcer was so hype during the entire thing and it was hard not to hype along with him.
- All of the Jigglypuff reveals. Guess they forgot they haven't released her yet.
- 8 player smash
- Jungle Hijinx seems really fun
- Kalos League
- Wrecking Crew and Delfino Plaza stages
- My Music
- 2 Player Classic Mode
- Classic Mode congrats videos
- Event mode
- Smash Tour
- Special Orders
- Master Fortress
- Online tournies
- In-game chat
- Stage builder
- Bowser Jr. trailer
- Soundtrack details (the Xenoblade remix is so hype)
- MEWTWO!

Top Bottom