• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What's the best thing about the 50+ fact Extravaganza for you?

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
This whole presentation blew my mind.

I have no words. In my mouth. Mewtwo was the most exciting. He made me literally cry. But the rest is amazing as well.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mewtwo
Codecs
The Junior trailer (though I was lamenting how much OMG it would have been if shown before September :/ )
8 Player Smash
Stage Builder
Metal Face
Voice Chat and the Paint
Xenoblade Theme Song
Fiora Trophy
Fatal Frame Trophies
Final Smash Trophies
Ridley is HD (though his playable exclusion tore a Ridley-sized hole in my heart)

That's about it.

Last edited:

ScotteyF1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scotty91
3DS FC
1676-4972-3420
PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING!

ONLY THING I'M WORRIED ABOUT IS HOW ANY SMASH GAME WILL EVER TOP THIS! (Although I said that about Melee)

Woken up by bacon

Smash Rookie
It would have to be that.
I don't believe I saw the official info posted in this thread yet, so here:
"In an eight-player battle, the following controllers can be used.

○Wii U GamePad (Max 1)
○Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus* (Max 7)
○Wii U Pro Controller (Max 7)
○Nintendo GameCube controller** (Max 8)
○Nintendo 3DS series system*** (Max 8)

* Includes expansion controllers (such as the Nunchuk or Classic Controller Pro).
** Two GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U accessories are required to connect eight GameCube controllers (each sold separately)
*** In order to use a Nintendo 3DS as a controller, each Nintendo 3DS system must have Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS."

It wouldn't surprise me if Wii Remotes and Pro Controllers share the same 7 slots, even though the post implies otherwise. If you want the link, just poke around the official site, as I can't post links yet (I barely post lol).

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
- DLC Confirmed!
- 8 Player Smash
- Everything is Co-Op!
- I get Mewtwo for Free in Spring
- That Xenoblade Medley!
- Stage Builder may be god tier depending on how big stages can be
- Tourney organization
And I am sure there is more that I am forgetting. The only downer for me was no Adventure mode. Everything looks better than ever.

Shog

Smash Ace
EVERYTHING GUYS; EVERYTHING. Even as a Ridley supporter, Ridley in this game is like a Silver-Medal!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
1. Mewtwo
2. Ridley being as cool as he possibly could be without being playable, even having a stock icon
3. Stage builder being excellent looking
4. 8 player smashes
5. the Bowser Jr trailer
6. Online options

Also...I just realized something....with DLC characters officially being a thing...the character debates and support threads will essentially be going on for the entirety of the Wii U's lifespan. May God have mercy on our souls. It'll be great that it's possible, but as a Ridley supporter who just saw him deconfirmed but is satisfied with his role...I can already see the "he already has a stock image" argument tearing my soul apart. Crossing my fingers for exclusive Club Nintendo Platinum reward free Smash DLC.

Also, we know that characters (Mewtwo) and stages (Miiverse) are able to be DLC. I'm wondering if they'll be in the same pack?

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Gah, must I really choose? Well, the online tournament mode was what I looked forward to the most. I didn't want to add friend codes for people that I wanted to play, so this works fine.
Expect to see me there when it arrives! :happysheep:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
As i was watching the video i found my self acting like my 8 year old self again, last time that happened that was with pikmin 3.

so basicly...

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
There's a stage based on Wrecking Crew. Never expected that. My biggest excitement here. Great stage lineup!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
-Bowser Jr. trailer
-8 player smash
-With anyone mode with people with you
-Stage builder
-Stages announced
-Mewtwo

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The whole thing is what i loved (though im suprised he diden't show the duck hunt dog trailer though.)

But going by top 5

1 :150: (even if i decided to only have1version of smash more than willing to pay for him)

2 ending the ridley arguements once and for all (though but back in april idioic way to deconfirm him for playable) (tiny ridley for dlc :troll:)

3 5-8 player smash (finally no more waiting for a spot for smash)

4 stage builder (10 septillion times better than brawls stage maker.)

5 all exclusive modes (yes they are all better than 3ds version)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I love Master Core and knowing his new forn kinda blew my mind. Mewtwo is a nice return and glad to at least fight him again. 5-8 player smash was pretty cool too! Classic mode sounds nice (although I once again have to say they could of named it differently and really does defeat the purpose of calling it classic than the 3ds version). A nice touch to add in 4 players for the mini games (although Target Blast seems to replace Target Smash completely now...). I am more than excited to play this game! And thank lord sakurai with the tournament. Looking forward to that as well! I might not be a fan of Smash Tour though. I might be wrong but I feel like I won't enjoy it as much as Smash Run.
3 5-8 player smash (finally no more waiting for a spot for smash)
*Party of 9 starts playing smash*

Xtremee

Smash Apprentice
i think i just squaked like a chipmunk after just watching this 50+ extravaganza best SMASH GAME EVER

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
Have you seen that scene?
It's because you'll get points in timed matches when KO the stage hazard Ridley.
And this will be shown in the final results. :)
I'm showing that they used his brawl/super metroid design for the icon. They didn't use the other m design that attcks you in the stage. Why?

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I'm showing that they used his brawl/super metroid design for the icon. They didn't use the other m design that attcks you in the stage. Why?
Oh. I didn't realized that. Sorry. :|
I don't know. Maybe it looks better as an icon?

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
Me thinks you're reading too much into it. It's a little icon, from what's potentially an unfinished build.
Oh. I didn't realized that. Sorry. :|
I don't know. Maybe it looks better as an icon?
We need a bigger resolution image to see for sure if it's simply a reused model, or if they actually remade a brawl design model (for some reason) when they have the other m model already. Or it could be a placeholder icon, as someone said before apparently on one old trailer, Lucario has his brawl icon which was changed on release. Who knows.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
1. The announcer's VOICE and how he YELLED all those WORDS. Amazing job, Xander Mobus!
2. Multi-plane stages. I literally once had a dream about a Smash Bros. game that operated on stages like that.
3. As a Kid Icarus fan, PALUTENA/VIRIDI/PIT DIALOGUE. I can only hope Dark Pit joins in on the fun too. God knows how much I'm going to be down taunting!
4. ^ Featuring Chrom from the Fire Emblem series
5. Classic mode
6. Event matches
7. Smash Party- uhhh I mean Smash Tour.
8. ALL HAIL MASTER FORTRESS
9. Stage builder
10. I don't even use him but CONGRATS MEWTWO FANS!

Xenn000

Smash Rookie
Drawing over snapshots is really sweet. I can already see a bunch of hilarious stuff coming from that. Great Cave Offensive, 8-Player Smash, and of course Mewtwo. But why did they bring back 75m? WHY!? If Mewtwo is DLC, we may see even more down the road, but not for another year or so it seems. Can't wait to see who they pick! I have to pick up a Wii U soon!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr.'s trailer, Mewtwo coming back, and Stage Builder.

Also everything else.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
EVERYTHING! ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!!!

But if I had to name the top 5 things from the livestream...

1. Xenoblade Chronicles Medley is AMAZING!
2. Mewtwo strikes back!
3. Kid Icarus: Uprising codecs for ALL the characters!
4. Online Tourneys
5. 8 player Smash

Stage Builder stole the show for me. I'm glad they recognized its potential and brought it back.

The Koopaling trailer was also awesome even though we're all well aware of the characters now. I thought they were supposed to be showing Duck Hunt's trailer but I'll take whatever!

Last edited:

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
The 8 Player Smash and Mewtwo stuff was kind of boring. The best part is when they mentioned the Wii LAN Adapter!!!!

Top Bottom