• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U What's the best thing about the 50+ fact Extravaganza for you?

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
For me, it was the 8 - Player Smash, Smash Tour, New take on Classic Mode and making use of the 8 Player Smash feature for Classic Mode, Crazy and Master Orders and finally, GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE AND STAGE BUILDER. I was hoping you would be able to use the Stylus to DRAW a stage, and the fact that in Stage Builder that you can DRAW stages just makes it even better. I'm going to draw some sick stage layouts for my online sharing. Like, maybe a recreation of Hyrule Castle as a stage, with an inside area and all, going to be so fun! Also, MASTER FORTRESS IS SICK.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I heard a remix of this

Then add on stage builder,meme maker nintendo edition,mewtwo,music i got a raging boner Nintendo is killing me this year. If any game can save the Wii U it has to be this.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Let's see...
- Up to 8-players Smash / 8-Player Smash
- Dual Planes feature (which sounds interesting imo)
- Metal Face
- My Music
- The crapton of stages they've shown us
- The Great Cave Offensive
- New Classic Mode and the Special Orders
- Mewtwo Returns!
- New and improved OP Stage Builder
- Everything else

Last edited:

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I heard a remix of this

Then add on stage builder,meme maker nintendo edition,mewtwo,music i got a raging boner Nintendo is killing me this year. If any game can save the Wii U it has to be this.
Dude, that remix was sweet.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE.

OH MY GOD.

SO ****ING GOOD OH MY GODJOIDFJAIOFSDHAJKSFHJKASDFSDA

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
- 8-player Smash.

- Stage Builder got snazzier.

- Master and Crazy Orders.

- Master Fortress.

- Ridley and Metal Face being the best darn stage hazards ever.

- The original 12 are starters in this version! :D

- MEWTWO. MEWTWO. MEEEEEWWWWWWTTWWWWOOOOO!!!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder how the 8-player system will work. You can only have up to five players playing at the same time; Ex.: 1 GamePad + 4 Pro Controllers.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Why all the hate for 75m? I have been hoping for that stage to come back. Not because it's necessarily one of the best stages, but because of the nostalgia factor and its uniqueness. I would really like the classic Mario Bros. stage from Brawl to return for the same reason.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
8 player Smash is going to be insanely fun. Mewtwo and tourneys mean DLC is coming. My Music is back in a huge way. Stage Builder was revamped. I couldn't be more excited for this game.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
8 player smash, online tournaments, and of course mewtwo
Oh yeah, I forgot about Online Tournies! That's also going to be great, I wonder if they will ever make 4 v 4 tournaments a thing in real hosted tournies.

wolfos144

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, I forgot about Online Tournies! That's also going to be great, I wonder if they will ever make 4 v 4 tournaments a thing in real hosted tournies.
4 v 4 crew battles would be so hype to watch!

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I am going to be pretty upset if Mewtwo isn't able to be purchased from the E-Shop for like 4 or 5 bucks...

4 v 4 crew battles would be so hype to watch!
Agreed! I can just imagine M2K, Mango, ZeRo and Hungry Box in a group of their own.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Everything.

No, really. I loved EVERYTHING. No exceptions.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
It would have to be that.
I assume it will recognize gamecube controllers as 5, 6, 7, 8 (just like with 3DS systems) instead of sharing slots 1-4 with the wii remotes / pro controllers.

I suppose the best part for me was the Stage Builder, because I love making my own levels in games that allow it. I used Stage Builder a lot in Brawl, so I'm happy to see that the Stage Builder has a lot more options now.

This screenshot is a good example of just how different the new Stage Builder is. I like it.

Oilpath99

Smash Cadet
- Master Fortress
- Special Orders
- :150::150::150::150::150::150::150:
- The door of DLC opened
- Smash Tour
- All the returning Brawl Features
- 8 Player Smash
- Pit convos

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I assume it will recognize gamecube controllers as 5, 6, 7, 8 (just like with 3DS systems) instead of sharing slots 1-4 with the wii remotes / pro controllers.

I suppose the best part for me was the Stage Builder, because I love making my own levels in games that allow it. I used Stage Builder a lot in Brawl, so I'm happy to see that the Stage Builder has a lot more options now.

This screenshot is a good example of just how different the new Stage Builder is. I like it.
As an artist myself, this new stage builder here, is just paradise to me.

Last edited:

Ascenic

Smash Rookie
The announcer's enthusiasm about everything. BOY IT'S FUN TO LINE THESE UP!

And MEWTWO. I pointed at my computer shouting "HYES" for about five minutes.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I think I genuinely began crying when I heard that remix of Engage the Enemy. That was just plain beautiful. This game isn't even out yet, and the Xenoblade Chronicles medley (what I'm assuming that was from) is already my favorite track in the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What's not to love?

5-8 Player Smash? I always doubted 5-6 Player Smash possibilities, let alone even think about an 8 player Smash. Yet they found a way to work around it!

Among everything else we're getting Mewtwo back in the end as DLC. I simply knew they couldn't have left Mewtwo out. Yet it feels unreal to me, finally getting an official confirmation of DLC characters.

I'm more than satisfied with almost everything.

linhgame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Linh-Game
3DS FC
1736-0779-8050
8 Players
1920 x 1080 resolution
Tourney mode
My Music
2 players in team on Anyone mode (hopefully you can invite someone from the friendlist too)
Voice Chat (to bad you can't use it in battle though)
Mewtwo

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
8 Players
1920 x 1080 resolution
Tourney mode
My Music
2 players in team on Anyone mode (hopefully you can invite someone from the friendlist too)
Voice Chat (to bad you can't use it in battle though)
Mewtwo
You can't use it in game, voice chat, as it would slow down internet speed. It's fine how it is to me though, if they can optimize it better, we may see it in game.

linhgame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Linh-Game
3DS FC
1736-0779-8050
You can't use it in game, voice chat, as it would slow down internet speed. It's fine how it is to me though, if they can optimize it better, we may see it in game.
Yeah they can patch in anytime in the future, but I'm still happy they have it at all :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
1) Mewtwo (which confirms more DLC is on the way)
2) My Music making a grand return w/ more music than ever
3) 5-8 player smash battles

It's crazy to think that I'm excited for a game I (technically) already have.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mewtwo returning....wait no the epic Bowser Jr + Koopalings reveal trailer...nah Smash Tour...nah 8 man smash...no Online tournaments...*head explodes*

Top Bottom