• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What really grinds your gears in Smash 4?

**** counters?

• Yes

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
CPUs who know how to shield-grab are quite annoying. Even when you use attacks that deliver multiple hits, they seem to know which frames your fighter is vulnerable on, and when to execute the grab.

In fact, a lot of times, I heavily dread getting grabbed. This often causes me to be more conservative with my approaches when using certain fighters.

KashKey

Smash Cadet
NNID
KashKey
Little Mac's recovery. It's just absolutely painfully bad, to the point it forces me to play Ground Control that's perfect to a T. Which, like with most Little Mac's, occasionally gets refered to as spamming smash Attacks, when I throw as much variety in as possible. The problem with Little Mac as a whole, is his air game is so bad, that when you play the ground, due to how repetitive it occasionally becomes, it's way too easy to disown SKILL, as just spamming, and the player can't argue, because odds are they threw out at least 40 smash attacks during that game, even if they did have timing and reason behind them. And seriously, who'p decided that it was ok to NERF, Little Mac's recovery? It was bad enough as it was!

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Yes, but at least Mario and Luigi are likeable characters and they are part of Nintendo's icons, so I like them. Lucina... Not so much.
That's just your opinion, really. I don't think Mario is in any way likable, to me he's just a semi-mute Gary Stu with zero personality, probably somehow less than zero personality. Unless you count Paper Mario, which I don't.
Luigi atleast can be more likable, he's funny.

C3CC

Smash Lord
That's just your opinion, really. I don't think Mario is in any way likable, to me he's just a semi-mute Gary Stu with zero personality, probably somehow less than zero personality. Unless you count Paper Mario, which I don't.
Luigi atleast can be more likable, he's funny.
Yeah, that's always subjective. Mario isn't thaaat likable, but I was comparing him to Lucina.

By the way, I just saw you're from Latin America. Which country are you from? I'm from Venezuela!

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Yeah, that's always subjective. Mario isn't thaaat likable, but I was comparing him to Lucina.

By the way, I just saw you're from Latin America. Which country are you from? I'm from Venezuela!
Brazil.
Also, you should really play Awakening if you haven't already. You've probably noticed by now that Smash has a thing for misrepresenting characters, and their personalities are no exceptions. The real Lucina isn't the disrespectful **** she is in Smash.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
The thing that frustrates me in Sm4sh is how much they neutered edgeguarding. It's the combination of the buffed recoveries, the addition of ledgetrumping, and the absurdly large ledgesnap that makes recovering in Sm4sh so damn safe and easy. It doesn't help that the blastzones in this game are absolutely ginormous, so characters can live for way longer than they should.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Brazil.
Also, you should really play Awakening if you haven't already. You've probably noticed by now that Smash has a thing for misrepresenting characters, and their personalities are no exceptions. The real Lucina isn't the disrespectful **** she is in Smash.
"AND YOU CALL YOURSELF THE RADIANT HERO?"
"THIS IS THE HERO-KING?"

C3CC

Smash Lord
Brazil.
Oh nice, we're neighbors!

I really want to play Awakening some day. Maybe that will redeem Lucina for me, because I just can't stand her in Smash. I hope I can play Fates after.

[BROF]

Smash Apprentice
Coming from other smash games, what grinds my gears the most is the lack of movement options.
I got used to it as time went on, but playing a bit of melee Ganondorf and going over to Smash 4 Ganondorf (as I play both games) makes me a tad sad.

Top Bottom