• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash stayed 100% canon to the source material?

MidwesternHawk

Smash Cadet
NNID
newsimcity2013
:4shulk: Would barely be able to harm any of the human characters (maybe Link/Zelda as well since they are elves which are similar to humans, maybe including Pit and Pittoo since angels could be considered similar to high entia) but Mega Man and ROB wouldnt stand a chance
He wouldn't be able to kill any characters that are LIVING BEINGS, but I think that he is in more of a Monado II state in this game so throw that out of the question, but Buster would be an actual attack in any case

:4falcon:would actually use his gun
:4littlemac:When knocked down, punching would recover health
:4ness:/:4lucas:Would be able to heal themselves, PK Flash for both, which can be a OHKO, create shields at will that take three hits to break and deflect damage at the opponent, and each would have PK Rockin/Love respectively. Also they are :4pikachu:/:4robinm: worst nightmare, and it doesn't help :4darkpit:/:4drmario: with Franklin Badges

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All I can say is that Rosalina would be ridiculously powerful as a whole. Her forcefield pretty much repels any kind of physical attack, and even Bowser had to find an indirect approach to stealing her home's Power Stars; if Bowser had to resort to indirect tactics, that could strongly imply that Rosalina is too powerful for Bowser to handle.

Khao

Smash Lord
He wouldn't be able to kill any characters that are LIVING BEINGS, but I think that he is in more of a Monado II state in this game so throw that out of the question, but Buster would be an actual attack in any case
In early Xenoblade, characters always spoke of the Monado being unable to hurt homs, not living beings in general. A huge majority of enemies in the first half of the game (Colony 9 and Tephra Cave have absolutely no mechanical enemies for one) are living beings and you have no problems hurting them with the Monado.

MidwesternHawk

Smash Cadet
NNID
newsimcity2013
In early Xenoblade, characters always spoke of the Monado being unable to hurt homs, not living beings in general. A huge majority of enemies in the first half of the game (Colony 9 and Tephra Cave have absolutely no mechanical enemies for one) are living beings and you have no problems hurting them with the Monado.
Still, he should be in the second half of the game, with the Monado II

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ryu'd be busted as hell cause he could cancel his special moves with Focus Attack.

D

Deleted member

Not related to Smash 4 only, but Falco would be taller than Wolf. Falco would also be faster than Fox, but slower than Wolf.

Good point about Falcon. Is it just me or is he really cocky and stuck-up in Smash Bros?

Last edited by a moderator:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
After playing Awakening, I can safely say this:
:4robinm:'s Levin Sword would be able to cast electricity up to quite a surprising distance. It'd also hurt. Extremely badly. Robin would also have access to a lot of tomes, and he'd be extremely powerful considering my Robin pretty easily 2HKOs even the sturdier of bosses, and he 6HKOd the final boss.
And :4lucina: would be even stronger and get a crap ton of critical hits (even in the later chapters, my Lucina's chance of getting critical hits was never below 20%) and due to Aether, she'd also be able to heal constantly while dealing extremely strong blows.

I genuinely get the feeling those two would be the strongest characters in the game that aren't some sort of divine entity or monster like Bowser, Rosalina, Palutena etc.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
For Non-Japanese audiences, Lucas and Roy would never have been in the game.

Any time that Mario, Luigi, Rosalina, or Peach jumps on a Green Shell 8 times in a row and on, they gain a stock in Stock matches, and a point in Time matches.

Whenever Bowser uses his down-b he'd break through the stage slightly, until he fell down into the pit and died.

More of the FE characters would have their weapons break after a certain amount of uses, and they wouldn't come back.
Ever.

ALso, this next one is just for fun, but...
Every single time that a character is released and added to Smash, a new Smash Bros comes out when their game is released to add that character and it is released on the system that character originated from.
The first Smash Bros would be on the Game & Watch, and only had one character: Mr. Game & Watch, and one stage: Flat Zone.
The Next 2 Smash Bros would be on arcade machines, and add PAC-MAN, and Mario/DK.

Last edited:

MidwesternHawk

Smash Cadet
NNID
newsimcity2013
:4falcon:would be confident, but not cocky
:4kirby: would take more than one move for copying, and if he eats, he can give some health to a teammate
:4marth:would be too worried about everyone's well being, and would have more than just the Akanian Falchion (Levin Sword, Silver Sword, Stat-boosting Fire Emblem, elixir, etc.)
:4lucina:would be constantly worried about the fate of the world, and would have more than the Yllisian/Parallel Falchion (Levin Sword, various lances, Silver Sword, Elixir)
:4pit:would have a 24/7 connection to the gods in his ear, and would have only one weapon at a time

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
:4charizard:/:4greninja:/:4lucario::
  • Would take more damage from a Super-effective move and less damage from a Resistant-move
(ex. Water/Thunder attacks would deal more damage/knockback to Charizard but Fire ones would deal less)​
This was a thing with :ivysaur::charizard::squirtle: in Brawl, and it sucked.
Anyway

:4mario:, :4peach:, :4drmario:, :rosalina:, :4jigglypuff:, :4link:/:4tlink:, :4samus:, :4duckhunt:, :4metaknight:, :4dedede: and :4myfriends: would all have final smashes actally based on something from their home series
Dark Matter would invetiably hijack the match and possess :4dedede: sooner or later. (Now this is a headcanon, but I believe Dark Matter instinctively attacks royalty, and given how many royal characters smash has, that would probably increase the likelyhood of DM appearing)
:4mario: would vocalise during his bthrow, namely by "so long, gay :4bowser:!"
:4olimar: and :4alph: would be around 0.75 inches tall, :4kirby: and :4metaknight: would be 8 inches tall, and :4dedede: would be 1'3" tall. :4bowser: would constantly change in size, due how inconsistent his size is in Mario canon.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
What would any of them have though? also I think Mario and to a lesser extent Peach, are based on mario rpg
:4dedede:could just be Masked Dedede, although I'd prefer that as an alt costume to be honest.
:4metaknight: could summon :halberd: to fire at enemies, except it's already a stage.
:4drmario: could do something involving the viruses.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
What would any of them have though? also I think Mario and to a lesser extent Peach, are based on mario rpg
:4dedede: would have Masked Dedede. Since :4link: is based on his Twilight Princess incarnation, he'd have a transformation final smash involving Wolf Link. I'm not too sure about the others, I'm mosty just upset that Masked Dedede isn't in the game. None of :4dedede:'s final smashes have had any basis in canon, so I see no reason not to put Masked Dedede in the game as a final smash or at least as an alt

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
In the actual game, Jigglypuff does bugger all exceptional. She's not supposed to, she's just another second evolutionary stage Pokemon. Hell, Jigglypuff's most well known move, Sing, is far from exclusive to her. Pikachu is in the same boat, actually. Thunderbolt is anything but Pikachu's signature move, and Volt Tackle is the last thing your Pikachu needs. Oh, goodie, it's a physical Electric move with 120 base power and perfect accuracy, and it has a chance to paralyze! Too bad you also take 1/3 of the damage you just dealt and with Pikachu's less than optimal HP stat and wet paperbag-like defences, you will always set yourself up to death or even just outright kill yourself using it. Pikachu's bad Attack stat also ensures this isn't even gonna deal that much damage, but even then, if you use this move against a Lapras at full health, for example, you'll likely not kill it, and then lose 3/4 of your HP in the process.
Why am I even saying this? If you use Pikachu, you obviously don't care about competitive Pokemon battling.

...Well, if Smash stayed true to canon, Pikachu and Jigglypuff probably would be one of the worst characters in the game, and Pikachu would take ridiculous amounts of damage if he used Volt Tackle, specially if he got plenty of KOs with it.

Last edited:

Geese

Smash Cadet
Ganon would never die, just have to wait a while before he got back up, Bayonetta would stop time for everyone super often, Villager would just be there, any character could kill Olimar by stepping on him, Megaman would have the most moves out of any character ever, Sheik would have a bunch of song based moves, Fox would always have a final smash

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
:4robinf::4robinm: - more than 3 thorons, more than 8 levin swords, etc.
:4yoshi: - actual real flutter jump, be able to hold onto people more with neutral b
:4ganondorf: - could only be hurt by the master sword and light arrows
:4villager: - ability to pocket more than 1 thing, would have to wait 3 days for trees to grow
:4lucina: - an ike clone, would destroy ridley on that one stage
:4link: - would be able to use his fairy taunt to heal

...Well, if Smash stayed true to canon, Pikachu and Jigglypuff probably would be one of the worst characters in the game, and Pikachu would take ridiculous amounts of damage if he used Volt Tackle, specially if he got plenty of KOs with it.
jigglypuff is the worst character in the game

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
:4robinm::4robinf: would have a 100-0 MU against every character in the game except for maybe :4lucina: and :4marth:because Grima.

Furret24

Smash Master
Smash would be a horribly unbalanced mess of a game.

In other words, Smash would suck.

MidwesternHawk

Smash Cadet
NNID
newsimcity2013
:4lucina: - an ike clone, would destroy ridley on that one stage
A sword/axe user is not the same as a sword/lance user,she would be fast as usual(Ike would be faster still) and Aether would be a Down B(ZSS/Sheik), and watch out for that javelin projectile, but I understand the Ike clone point, she would be more of a Marth clone anyways

Last edited:
Top Bottom