• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash stayed 100% canon to the source material?

D

Deleted member

This is a fun idea me and RIP|Merrick RIP|Merrick were bouncing on about earlier on Skype, so here's a thread about this hypothetical situation. This can apply to characters, their movesets, personalities or anything of the like. For example..
  • :4falcon: would be more serious and stoic. He'd also put that gun on his belt to good use.
  • :4kirby: like his home series, would be impervious to pretty much anything and have infinite jumps.
  • :4bowser: would wreck :4mario: and :4peach: in both matchups.
Let's see how this goes!

Last edited by a moderator:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Only :4link::4tlink: would be able to hit :4ganondorf: as he'd not be vulnerable to anyone else's attacks.
:4ganondorf: Top tier confirmed.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
I made a list. This is way too fun.

• Every Pokemon would go off a PP based move system. Since the default for the move Fly, for instance, is 15 PP, if you used it that many times as Charizard :4charizard: you wouldn't be able to use it again until your stock is depleted or an elixir item.
  • Little Mac :4littlemac: would be locked in one spot throughout an entire match, having high and low attacks with no mobility at all.
  • Lucas :4lucas: wouldn't even be in Smash because his world literally had succumbed to its demise as of Mother 3.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but in-game canon, isn't Zero Suit Samus:4zss: the most susceptible and weakest form of Samus?
  • Mario :4mario: would easily destroy Bowser :4bowser: simply by grabbing his tail and spinning him around before throwing him three times. Also, he could only use fireball if he had the powerup.
  • Dark Pit :4darkpit: would have not be able to fly whatsoever if we're going off the scene in Kid Icarus Uprising where he ends up losing his flight upon saving Pit.
  • Link :4link: would only have access to the items registered and available to use on the spot. Otherwise any of his other tools, like his hookshot, bombs, boomerang, etc, would have to be switched through the item menu.
  • Villager :4villager::4villagerf: would be firmly rooted to the ground. The Villager could never jump manually in any game after all!

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Samus would specialize in destroying the stage. And the planet the stage is on.

Furret24

Smash Master
:4mewtwo: would finally be heavy.
:4sonic: would always die in one hit because there are no rings in Smash 4.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
:4fox::4falco::wolf: - Can't leave their arwings
:4olimar: - 100 pikmin
:4cloud::4corrin::4myfriends::4lucario::4lucina::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4marth::4mewtwo::4ness::4pikachu::4robinm::4feroy::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle: - Would all be turn based
:4rob: - Wouldn't really be able to move, let alone fight

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
:4luigi:Would be too afraid to fight
:4ganondorf:Would have a real moveset
:4alph:Would have to go out and search for items to put in his ship to create more pikmin every time they die
:4yoshi:Would be able to float around infinitely
:4marth:Would have to take turns
:4rob:Would be a plastic toy

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4olimar::4palutena::4falcon::4sheik::4villager::4wiifit::rosalina::4duckhunt::4gaw::4pacman:and:4rob:all probably wouldn't be in the game.
Every Pokemon would only be able to use moves that actually exist and they can learn.
:4shulk:would only be able to damage other Shulks with the hilt of the Monado and the first two hits of his jab. Monado Buster would also be an offensive art rather than a buff, and he wouldn't have Smash or Jump.
:4kirby:wouldn't be able to use Stone, Hammer, or Final Cutter without first switching to the correct copy ability. Similar applies to:4megaman:with all of his specials.
:4ness:wouldn't have PSI Magnet, PK Fire, or PK Thunder in his moveset.
:4wario:would have a more Wario Land-esque moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4ness: - He wouldn't have PK Fire, PK Starstorm or PK Thunder since he hadn't learned any of those in EarthBound. PK Flash would make opponents cry rather than be the powerful kill move it is currently, and he'd be able to use PK Brainshock!

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
:4robinm:/:4robinf::
  • Case #1: They learned Armsthrift before Smash --> Levin Sword and Tomes never run out
  • Case #2: They haven't learned it --> When Levin Sword and Tomes run out, they're gone forever
... I think I'd like the first case to be true :p

:4jigglypuff::
  • Instead of dealing huge damage/knockback with Rest, it would replenish all of Puff's percentage
  • Sing would only have 55% chance to hit which would make it an even worse move nuuuu!
:4charizard:/:4greninja:/:4lucario::
  • Would take more damage from a Super-effective move and less damage from a Resistant-move
(ex. Water/Thunder attacks would deal more damage/knockback to Charizard but Fire ones would deal less)​

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
:4ness: - Attacks limited to bats, yoyos, and slingshots. Pk flash now targets the entire field with a random chance of inflicting instant death, among other status effects. Pk Rockin' instead of Starstorm for his final smash. He can also ride his bike since his party isn't with him. All actions have to be selected via battle menu though.

Also has the "rolling hp" mechanic where his percent count has to "roll" to the new amount when he takes damage, increasing his durability until the numbers are set.

He'll also get homesick if you haven't played on Onett in a while, making him highly prone to ignoring commands.

Last edited:

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
:4mario:and:4luigi: can only deal damage by footstooling their opponents, unless they're in their fire alts then they can use fireballs as well. If they touch their opponent more than once in any other way they die.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Can this be a modded game called "Lame Smash" or something?? These ideas stay so true to their characters or series, it hurts.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
:4mewtwo: would be heavier and could be an unstoppable fighter in the Smash Bros series due to his powerful psychic abilities and his unbelievable physical strength and speed.

:4luigi: would be weak and cowardly to fight despite that he could beat :4bowser: and some other rivals

:4ganondorf: wouldn't be a semi clone to :4falcon:. Instead, he is a powerful wizard (and (sword)fighter of course) which only :4link: and :4tlink: can defeat him.

:4shulk: would be too powerful with his upgraded weapon. Because of the weapon he use, :4shulk: can easily defeat :4rob: with the Monado Buster

:4sonic: would die easily without his rings

Along with :4mewtwo:, all Pokemon would ran out of its PPs when they use their special attacks too much and that they don't come back when they got defeated.

:4olimar: and :4alph: would be too weak to fight their opponents because they can only punch without their Pikmins nearby

Along with :4luigi:, both he and :4mario: can beat :4bowser: and other opponents by footstooling. They also can attack by using fireballs if they use the fire flower. But both :4luigi: and :4mario: can die easily in their smaller form if they get touched from their opponents

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
:4rob:: Would be the most op character in the game, in fact it wouldn't even be in it. As it'd be in the real world and could control any of the characters. That is if you modify your R.O.B. to do so or pretend it's controlling them by putting his hands on the controller and pretend he's playing and using your imagination, as everything is just imaginative. Mario is just a model with textures who we pretend is Mario. okay i'm going way out of topic now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can this be a modded game called "Lame Smash" or something?? These ideas stay so true to their characters or series, it hurts.
PogChamp

Seriously can we please get this? This would be so amazing. I'd totes main Mewtwo in it. :4mewtwo:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Sonic would be impossible to play as, you hit :GCL: with him and you instantly die because he's already off the screen.

Jigglypuff would be ridiculously overpowered because, while she'd be weaker than most characters, she'd be able to put them to sleep by singing with her microphone which amplifies the radius of her attack to ridiculous extents, she puts whole crowds to sleep in the anime, so it'll probably hit, and then, when it does, since they stay asleep for minutes, that's more than enough to time to drag anyone off the stage, she'd literally get free stocks every time you press :GCU::GCB:. #NERFTHEPUFF

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Losing a stack as a Fire Emblem character would suck HARD.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
:4mario: and :4luigi: would start as Small Mario and Luigi. :4peach:, however, would start with her normal size, since she appears to be based around her Super Mario Bros. 2/USA Counterpart rather than anyone else;
:4lucina: probably would have the short hair, wear her mask and call herself "Marth";
:4drmario: wouldn't fight;
:4villager: neither would he, probably;
:4duckhunt: much less him;
:4mewtwo:would be really heavy;
:4jigglypuff: would be crappier than she already is.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Technically these three have demonstrated fighting abilities in their own games. Just pointing that out~ ;3

:4dedede: is perfect, of course, so he instantly wins every matchup.

Except the ones where that gat-dang Kirby gets in the way!

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
:rosalina: would be larger than she already is in the game, the Koopalings would have their own movesets from the main series, and :4zss: would be low-tier trash.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
If the person playing :4metaknight: has ever beaten Galacta Knight in Kirby Super Star DS, they would instantly win any MU since Galacta knight was the strongest fighter in the universe. When Meta Knight beat him, he took the crown. So, yeah, beating Galacta Knight would give you a huge advantage when playing as Meta Knight.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4mario: would get an axe out of nowhere, and remove the platform or part of stage under :4bowser: and kill him just like that, only for him to jump right back up complety unharmed and with the same amount of stocks.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I think this might apply to atleast 90%
Every single one of them would have a health bar, and they all would have different HP values. The Pokemon would have the HP they have in the games, the FE characters would have the HP they have when they're at maximum level, Mario would have 8 slices of Health (since Smash Mario is far more like the one from Mario 64 than the one from Sunshine or Galaxy), Link would have as many hearts he can have in total, you get the point.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Technically these three have demonstrated fighting abilities in their own games. Just pointing that out~ ;3
I know about Olimar, but since he'd be only the size of a coin, there's no way they'd make him playable going off original series sizes :smirk:
Palutena doesn't really use most of her Smash specials in KI:U, so she probably wouldn't have much of a moveset if we're going off "100% canon" material.
I don't know a lot about Pac-Man World, but I can assume he doesn't have much potential as far as specials go, canonically speaking.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know about Olimar, but since he'd be only the size of a coin, there's no way they'd make him playable going off original series sizes :smirk:
Palutena doesn't really use most of her Smash specials in KI:U, so she probably wouldn't have much of a moveset if we're going off "100% canon" material.
I don't know a lot about Pac-Man World, but I can assume he doesn't have much potential as far as specials go, canonically speaking.
Oh, none of them have that much potential (except maybe Palutena - she uses quite a few different techniques in Uprising), I just wanted to point out that tiny discrepancy. :3

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede and Olimar would all be ridiculously tiny

Palutena, Shulk, Samus, Ganondorf and others would all be ridiculously broken

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, I think I just came up with a title if this were to ever be a game. What about "Super Smash Bros. 4 Real"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Guys, I think I just came up with a title if this were to ever be a game. What about "Super Smash Bros. 4 Real"?
How about "Real Super Smash Bros. 4"? That way, it doesn't look like Yoda became a video game creatator

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Kirby would be literally invincible
Ganondorf would be invincible to everything but the Links
Kirby OP pls nerf

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kirby is like 8 inches tall

I think the 8-inches thingy might have been a bit of an exaggeration, considering how big Kirby is compared to Samus in Dreamland 3, either that or people magically shrink on Popstar. It's really confusing, honestly.

Top Bottom