• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash Bros was on PS4, XB1 and PC.....(Also, should they appear on those consoles?)

Should SSB4 be on PS4, XB1, and PC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet
Um... I wasn't talking about hardware quality or anything. I was asking what's wrong with wanting to see Goku and Shrek crossover with Nintendo franchises. :p
Aside from the licencing headache such a mass cross over would be, this is a Nintendo crossover game. There are crossover fighting games for anime characters, there are crossover fighting games for comicbook characters and there are crossover fighting games for other game developers. Let Nintendo have its day!

There are enough characters from Nintendo's franchises alone (that often share fanbases because they are Nintendo exclusive IPs) without giving slots to MLP, Naruto and Halo.

Ascended

Smash Ace
I'll never understand why people are against console exclusives. Why were the PSOne and PS2 so successful? Why is the 3DS crushing the Vita? Why was the SNES VS Genesis era so intense? The whole point of an exclusive is to show people why a console is worth owning. Also, if there was only one console with every game, then it would lead to a monopoly situation and be bad for both developers and consumers.

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
No. If Smash is on those consoles, its not smash anymore. Smash is about bringing Nintendo characters together. If it was on a different console, the main focus is gone. Its not that I hate the other consoles, I just dont see any of these companies wanting to do this.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
I'll never understand why people are against console exclusives. Why were the PSOne and PS2 so successful? Why is the 3DS crushing the Vita? Why was the SNES VS Genesis era so intense? The whole point of an exclusive is to show people why a console is worth owning. Also, if there was only one console with every game, then it would lead to a monopoly situation and be bad for both developers and consumers.
You mean like the total monopoly that is the DVD player? The CD player, VCR, blu-ray player, audio casette player?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
i vote yes and no because i can. but in all seriousness no, until all consoles die out and everyone owns a pc or the worst case ontario smart phones, but until then i won't see it on anything else other then a Nintendo console

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
i vote yes and no because i can. but in all seriousness no, until all consoles die out and everyone owns a pc or the worst case ontario smart phones, but until then i won't see it on anything else other then a Nintendo console
Yes, Ontario would be the worst case. Ironically, that's the name of my hometown.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Smash Bros.-type games on other consoles, like what Sony attempted to do. Of course, I'll always hold them against Nintendo's iterations for comparison, so the developers really have to be putting their best foot forward. I wouldn't want Mario on Microsoft, but if they made a Microsoft Smash Bros. with... oh, Master Chief, the RareWare characters, and Clippy as a Mr. Game & Watch type character, it could work out well enough that I'd be interested in playing it.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
A complete clone of SSB would be stupid, but I do think there should be more crossover games from the big three.

We have Super Smash, and we have PSASBR, but I'd love to see these characters in more, like racers, RPG's, sports games, things like that. Though I don't think Xbox should have a game like Smash, for most of their characters I feel a third-person game like Anarchy Reigns would be a better option.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Nintendo wouldn't work with Microsoft, because Microsoft isn't Japanese, they'd work with Sony, which would get one or two guest fighters, who should be Kratos or Cole McGrath, they'd fit in perfectly in Smash

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Nintendo wouldn't work with Microsoft, because Microsoft isn't Japanese, they'd work with Sony, which would get one or two guest fighters, who should be Kratos or Cole McGrath, they'd fit in perfectly in Smash
I think Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly cooper would fit better for Nintendo' Smash. Maybe Sackboy too.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
A complete clone of SSB would be stupid, but I do think there should be more crossover games from the big three.

We have Super Smash, and we have PSASBR, but I'd love to see these characters in more, like racers, RPG's, sports games, things like that. Though I don't think Xbox should have a game like Smash, for most of their characters I feel a third-person game like Anarchy Reigns would be a better option.
This. A third person beat em up/fighting big team battle style game featuring Microsoft and other companies' characters would be siiiiiick. Just think... Spartan Troopers, Endermen, Avatars and Robot Masters all ducking it out on Forge Island... Awesome...

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
PC fighting games only come about if they are considered competitive due to the set up to play those things or someother reason. Street fighter makes sense on PC, Smash doesn't and I think it to do with smash still being a primarily party game over a fighting game.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wanting Nintendo to maintain its commercial and conceptual integrity as a designer of video games and consoles alike does not make you a fanboy.

Wanting to see Nintendo branch out onto other consoles and allow the widest possible demographic enjoy its games does not make you a heretic.

Both sides of the argument have good points and both sides have poor points. I don't see it happening, though, and I'm quite content with things as they are right now.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
No. I already hate Microsoft as it is and I don't need them or their fanboys picking up this game and hating on it. I don't see it on a Sony platform either since it would be directly competing with battle royale (if that game is worth giving new installments)

PC...I don't see that as a really bad idea. If not through Steam, Nintendo could make their own client to buy and install it and the gamecube controller could be used with the USB thing they'd be making. I really wouldn't be against that idea.

TroperCase

Smash Cadet
PC, yes. PS4 and X1, no.

But for PC, Nintendo should start by making a PC eShop that offers Virtual Console games before actually making ports of current games for PC.

MajorNyberg

Smash Rookie
Voted yes because i want all consoles gone, and I hope that there will never be a next generation.
But if the consoles wont go away then I wish for Smash to continue to be Nintendo exclusive.

Consoles since after the PS2/GameCube/Xbox era do no longer serve the purpose as cheaper and more powerful gaming systems, there is almost no reason to get a console other then for the games that are not on PC.

But i'am a bit twisted on Nintendo's home consoles part.. They do still offer cheaper consoles with fun gimmicks and fun and unique games that cannot be found on any other system, but I still wish that I could get everything on my PC, hell I got it for 713 euro / 894 dollars almost 3 years ago, and it is still more powerful then the Xbone and PS4.

Inc ****storm for hating on consoles!

Edit: Changed 5:th generation to next generation.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Voted yes because i want all consoles gone, and I hope that there will never be a 5:th generation.
But if the consoles wont go away then I wish for Smash to continue to be Nintendo exclusive.

Consoles since after the PS2/GameCube/Xbox era do no longer serve the purpose as cheaper and more powerful gaming systems, there is almost no reason to get a console other then for the games that are not on PC.

But i'am a bit twisted on Nintendo's home consoles part.. They do still offer cheaper consoles with fun gimmicks and fun and unique games that cannot be found on any other system, but I still wish that I could get everything on my PC, hell I got it for 713 euro / 894 dollars almost 3 years ago, and it is still more powerful then the Xbone and PS4.

Inc ****storm for hating on consoles!
...there was already a 5th generation, it consisted of the N64, PSX, 3DO, Jaguar, Saturn, and such consoles as Nintendo's ill fated virtual boy.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
PC, yes. PS4 and X1, no.

But for PC, Nintendo should start by making a PC eShop that offers Virtual Console games before actually making ports of current games for PC.
There's already a PC Virtual Console. It's called *insert name of emulator site*

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
There does need to be more good & successful party fighter-type games in the world. SSB shouldn't be a monopoly.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
No. It's a big ol' Celebration regarding EVERYTHING Nintendo... why would anyone want it on another console besides a Nintendo console? It goes against the whole history and spirit of Nintendo AND Smash, and frankly make little sense. It's as bizarre as people wanting spongebob and goku to be playable characters in smash. It's pure lunacy.

Just suck it up and ask mommy and daddy for a Wii U/3DS for Christmas if you don't have one yet. Otherwise, deal with a game not being on your owned console.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
If Nintendo goes out of the hardware business (which isn't happening anytime soon), then it'll obviously be available on other platforms. Unless Microsoft follows through on that promise of "if Nintendo goes for sale, we'll buy them outright". Hell, if Nintendo goes 3rd party, I know Microsoft will TRY to buy the company out.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I'd rather have a second PSASBR and a Smash like game with Microsoft characters than seeing Nintendo giving one of their best and beloved franchises ever to competition.

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
No. It's a big ol' Celebration regarding EVERYTHING Nintendo... why would anyone want it on another console besides a Nintendo console? It goes against the whole history and spirit of Nintendo AND Smash, and frankly make little sense. It's as bizarre as people wanting spongebob and goku to be playable characters in smash. It's pure lunacy.

Just suck it up and ask mommy and daddy for a Wii U/3DS for Christmas if you don't have one yet. Otherwise, deal with a game not being on your owned console.
When it's ever a spirit of Nintendo? Some people want to see it on a non-Nintendo console.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
When it's ever a spirit of Nintendo? Some people want to see it on a non-Nintendo console.
It's not going to happen and of course it's a celebration of Nintendo as it's primary focus and fighters are from prominent Nintendo franchises. With just a FEW third parties (of which all have had games on Nintendo systems).

Seeing it on another console is just unnatural.

Why don't people JUST get a Wii U? I imagine the only people who don't want to get a Wii U just are kids who can only ask their parents for one at Christmas time or pathetic people who bother with immature console wars and have some kind of weird allegiance to another company. Look if you want to play smash than just get a Wii U and enjoy it. Smash is a fun game and almost worth just the purchase of the console and all... as it's a game people play for YEARS. Which certainly in time makes up for the price in play time. That and you have the bonus of getting to enjoy what are typically other great first/second party or exclusive titles if there happens to be anything else you like.

If there was a game I wanted on PS4 so bad... I'd just get a PS4... especially if I knew it was worth it and I would play it as much as I play smash.... no need to hinder my console choices or preferences.

Although there's also the valid reason of not being able to afford a Wii U atm and that's fine. I'd say just wait until one can afford it... that or the 3DS option... but it's just not realistic to see it ever on another console. It's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I'd love it on PC, but alas, will never happen

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
It's not going to happen and of course it's a celebration of Nintendo as it's primary focus and fighters are from prominent Nintendo franchises. With just a FEW third parties (of which all have had games on Nintendo systems).

Seeing it on another console is just unnatural.

Why don't people JUST get a Wii U? I imagine the only people who don't want to get a Wii U just are kids who can only ask their parents for one at Christmas time or pathetic people who bother with immature console wars and have some kind of weird allegiance to another company. Look if you want to play smash than just get a Wii U and enjoy it. Smash is a fun game and almost worth just the purchase of the console and all... as it's a game people play for YEARS. Which certainly in time makes up for the price in play time. That and you have the bonus of getting to enjoy what are typically other great first/second party or exclusive titles if there happens to be anything else you like.

If there was a game I wanted on PS4 so bad... I'd just get a PS4... especially if I knew it was worth it and I would play it as much as I play smash.... no need to hinder my console choices or preferences.

Although there's also the valid reason of not being able to afford a Wii U atm and that's fine. I'd say just wait until one can afford it... that or the 3DS option... but it's just not realistic to see it ever on another console. It's not going to happen.
There's KH 3 for PS4.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
There's KH 3 for PS4.
What on earth does that have to do with anything?

EDIT: Oh, I think I get it. He was referring to the part where the guy said he hypothetically has no game he wants badly on the PS4 enough to get it. Umm... then you disregard everything else about his post? Ok.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Smash Bros should never go to Sony or Microsoft consoles. The game is about a celebration of Nintendo's history, not Sony or PC.

HOWEVER, I did enjoy PS All-Stars before it was patched to oblivion. PC exclusives, Microsoft, and Sony following the formula of console all-stars coming together sounds like a lot of fun... It would just need to be executed properly and not shamelessly make it a cash-in. (I'm looking at you PS All Stars.)

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
Well it's completely impossible because Nintendo wouldn't put one of their biggest sellers on competing platforms. I don't think you understand the gaming industry.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I love Nintendo and care about their well-being, so I'd rather not they commit suicide. It wouldn't make any sense anyways, Nintendo's biggest all-stars obviously belong on a Nintendo console.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I would consider self-mutilation.

But seriously, that will never, ever, EVER happen. If you want the new console smash, then you should just buy a Wii u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom