• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash Bros was on PS4, XB1 and PC.....(Also, should they appear on those consoles?)

Should SSB4 be on PS4, XB1, and PC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I think not. It would really hurt the Wii U's sales, assuming it sells very well like past games.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
If Smash Brothers was not a Wii U exclusive... more people would buy it. :4jigglypuff:

That being said, I would not want more people playing the game. The Smash community is already bad enough, if you add more people into that mix, it only becomes more and more toxic. It would never happen, but if there were even the slightest chance that it could happen, I might consider self-mutilation.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I mean... If Nintendo gets out of the hardware business, then they should definitely not abandon the franchise.

But otherwise I definitely think it's great just on Nintendo consoles. It makes it more special.

I really don't want Nintendo franchises to end up like Sonic did.

Buy a damn Wii U, you people who haven't.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Maybe next generation if Nintendo gives up hardware. It won't happen on Xbox One or PlayStation 4.

I'd imagine it'd be more likely to happen on Xbox since Microsoft can afford to spend 2 billion dollars on an acquisition or deal whereas Sony can't. Plus if they went with Xbox Banjo could finally be in Smash Brothers.

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
I mean... If Nintendo gets out of the hardware business, then they should definitely not abandon the franchise.

But otherwise I definitely think it's great just on Nintendo consoles. It makes it more special.

I really don't want Nintendo franchises to end up like Sonic did.

Buy a damn Wii U, you people who haven't.
What do you mean "don't want Nintendo franchises to end up like Sonic did."

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
It would be bad and this would never happen. Nintendo doesn't lend their franchises out to other consoles, and for good reason...they don't have to.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
This feels like sacrilege, and really goes against what Smash really stands for, so no, I'd never want it on anything else.

OBI1JABLOMI

Smash Cadet
I ride or die with Nintendo...the only opposing system I ever bought was Sega Genesis and that was because it was a kick ass system. If SSB4 was on all the other systems that would be terrible. Everyone would be using different controllers. Also, Sony would probably want to stuff nonsense characters into the game like Parappa the rapper, screw that

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well this is a dumb question.

The only console I see SSB going on if Nintendo does fail at consoles is PC.

I feel stupid for even replying to this.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Well this is a dumb question.

The only console I see SSB going on if Nintendo does fail at consoles is PC.

I feel stupid for even replying to this.
Do fighting games sell on PC ever?

They'll cut a deal with Sony or Microsoft and put out games there should that happen. Also iOS.

Last edited:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I don't get what`s up with you Nintendo-fanatics. I'll take Smash Bros. wherever I can get it.

Is it normal to see Smash on other consoles by convention? No. Would I like it? Why not?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Do fighting games sell on PC ever?

They'll cut a deal with Sony or Microsoft and put out games there should that happen. Also iOS.
I've got MK9 on Steam... Though they definitely put less effort into it on there. Sigh.

But I'd rather play anything that's not Nintendo on my pc than Xbox or Playstation tbh

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Why was this a question again?
(I'm being serious.)
I mean why would nintendo sell out like that?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Short answer: No.

Long Answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I personally don't plan on owning those systems till Kingdom Hearts 3 releases in 2016, no do I care to make my PC functional upgrade my PC any time soon.
And all in all, Smash is supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo's past console and handheld generations. If they went to other systems, it'll probably be from the downfall of all Nintendo. And that's just really sad to think about. Yeah, Nintendo is struggling, but they're not THAT desperate yet.

But if you mean something like a Nintendo vs Sony or Nintendo vs Xbox, then maybe it's an idea, but not one I'm particularly interested in, especially after seeing the lukewarm roster that was Playstation All Stars.

TypePositive

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think that wiiu sales will pick up due to the xbox and and ps4 having nothing that doesn't run better on pcs. the only reason destiny exists is to justify the existence of those things. Nintendo won't be stupid enough to allow soy or microsoft to use their characters; that would be suicide. The only thing keeping nintendo alive is their reliance on established franchises and refusal to let them show up on anything but their consoles. That's not a bad thing as it gives a reason to actually get one of their consoles. Seriously, why does anyone want a Ps4 or Xbox one?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
They originally supposed to be bankrupt because the Wii U failure in 2012.
They have money to 'fail' for decades on. Either way, more consoles mean more competition which means better products for consumers. We shouldn't want a major video game company to go down and the other companies don't want it either (It's only good for the short term for them.)

Last edited:

Anthuhny

Smash Cadet
The Xbox One PS4 and Pc are all not worthy of the GODLY Nintendo magic

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
If Nintendo ever goes multiplatform I will probably stop playing their games.

Last edited:

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt
No. Smash Bros. is too unique to be featured on other consoles (does that make sense?)
Besides, Sony has already made their own spin-off of Smash Bros., wouldn't be a surprise if Microsoft did the same.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
Typical Gamer: I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a new console or system, just because Mario is on it. Learn to grow up faggo- Holy s***, is that Destiny? COMMENCE WALLET EMPTYING.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
I wish Nintendo would stop selling bad consoles and go the path of Sega and just make Smash Bros for consoles that are actually worth the money

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I wish Nintendo would stop selling bad consoles and go the path of Sega and just make Smash Bros for consoles that are actually worth the money
Ooooooooooooor, make a console that is worth the money as you say.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I would love it if Smash Bros was on PC, but that would require Nintendo to go bankrupt from their consoles first, which hopefully shouldn't happen.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely not. If Smash goes multi-platform, then I can't help but feel third party characters are of higher priority than retro characters and Nintendo franchises without playable characters. I so badly want an Advance Wars character in Smash, Isaac deserves to be in too, Mach Rider/Lip/Takamaru would be cool too but to see someone like Master Chief or any Sony-only character make it before those characters ,which I personally believe would happen if Smash is multi-platform, would just feel insulting to me.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I think PC could have it's own Smash. They can have a fantastic cast with just the Valve characters alone.

:awesome: I love this.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Absolutely not. If Smash goes multi-platform, then I can't help but feel third party characters are of higher priority than retro characters and Nintendo franchises without playable characters.
We'll probably only get two if it ends up going Microsoft, Banjo (who frankly should've been in Melee) and Master Chief who makes sense since he fills the same role Sonic does, the old foe.

Two new 3rd party reps have been added in Brawl and SSB4. It wouldn't be different at all to add 2 in Fictional Future Xbox version.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
We'll probably only get two if it ends up going Microsoft, Banjo (who frankly should've been in Melee) and Master Chief who makes sense since he fills the same role Sonic does, the old foe.

Two new 3rd party reps have been added in Brawl and SSB4. It wouldn't be different at all to add 2 in Fictional Future Xbox version.
I would be cool with only Banjo. Master Chief can stay in Halo. Besides, Nintendo would rather team up with another Japanese company in Sony than with Microsoft if Nintendo wants to continue to makes games on consoles without making their own console.

Never thought I would see a Genesis fan on Smashboards and be so against Nintendo.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Depends on what's in it for them I'd think. I'd imagine Microsoft could at the very least offer 2 billion dollars for exclusivity slash partnership deal. Whichever console had the Nintendo games would be a reasonably large advantage. Or maybe no one offers anything and they put it out on both platforms to make more money. Hard to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom