• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Final Fantasy IV, huh? That's one of my favorites, though I greatly prefer the DS version because of its improved translation.

Right now I'm playing through Final Fantasy VII on the PS1. I started playing it sometime in the Fall last year, but I've been held back because of college assignments and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U. Now that I'm about to be on Spring Break, I'm hoping to finish it sometime around June!

Roast Grief

Smash Rookie
I'm currently playing through Wind Waker HD.
How is the same game the prettiest thing on both the Gamecube and the Wii U? I swear, Wind Waker cheats.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Dungeon Fighter Online, an online 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up with MMO/RPG elements. It's really fun if you like fighting games, the PvP scene is awesome. It's currently open for beta if anyone is looking for something new to play.

Last edited:

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Recently finished:
Akiba's trip, DBZ Xenoverse, The Wolf Among Us

Currently playing:
DOA5LR, Sm4sh, PM, Bloodborne

Mr. Blue Sky

Smash Cadet
I got a GBA emulator on my phone yesterday and started Mother 3 and Fire Emblem 6 with English patches. Might pick up Awakening once I finish those. I'm almost done with Final Fantasy 7 and Kingdom Hearts, and have been for a few months, but keep forgetting to play them. Also, as I'm sure everyone here is, I'm still playing Melee religiously.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Playing through The Walking Dead Season 2
Currently loving it, maybe even more than the first season.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Remember when I said I should be playing the whole Legacy of Kain series? No? You scrolled past it and posted what you were playing?

Well, jokes on you, I still haven't finished them. Instead I bought Doom 2 and I'm a man and a half now. It's hurt me plenty, but it's no nightmare.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Playing Bioshock Infinite again as I finally got the DLC while it was on sale. Can't wait to start it as I heard many good things.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So much God of War...too much God of War. After replaying 1, I ended up playing GoS and getting it's platinum, then replayed II and III, finally earning III's platinum...and now I ended up with the Vita ports of I and II and am trying to platinum them.
Project Diva F 2nd besides that.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Mostly Smash and Pokémon due to lack of time with university and the like. Over the past year I've started MGS3 and Bravely Default so I'll probably finish those once coursework's submitted.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Finishing Twilight Princess for the first time, getting pretty close to the end. Then going to hit up Skyward Sword. Other than that I've been breeding competitive pokes in Alpha Sapphire. May replay some Super Mario 64 with the two player mod with my brother.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I just started playing super mario galaxy again. I should probably finish twilight princess though...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've been trying to complete Pokémon Red Mystery Dungeon for a while now, but I just started playing Oracle of Ages so I think I'll try and finish that first. I'll also be playing DKC: Tropical Freeze once I feel like downloading it from Club Nintendo.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Brutal Half-Life, a more gorier/violent mod of Half-Life ala Brutal Doom. It's ****ing rad, it's like the Doom comic and Half-Life had a baby. "WHO'S A HALF AND A LIFE, I'M A HALF AND A LIFE."

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I've been playing a lot of the Steven Universe mobile game, Attack the Light... and it's amazing! It's a Paper Mario style RPG and the elements of the show tie in perfectly with the style of gameplay. Garnet is the powerhouse who deals the majority of the damage, Amethyst can all enemies simultaneously using her whip, and Pearl consumes the least amount of points which makes her the fastest. And finally, just like in the show, Steven himself doesn't fight and never gets damaged but he still plays a really important role. He's the team's main support uses the cheeseburger backpack to manage the party's items, heal, and protect.

Also, the game's really challenging! I've yet to see the game over screen, but it's really easy to get the gems KO'd in battle if you miss the button prompts to defend. If you like the show, it's totally worth the cost of $2.99. And on top of that, there's no in-app purchases.

Along with that, I've been playing through Final Fantasy XIII and enjoying it. The combat's wonderful but pacing is the game's biggest flaw. It wouldn't matter that the level design is so linear if there were some hub world or town connecting it all. Also, I've found the flashbacks to be very redundant. They go over events that the player is already perfectly aware of.

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
San Andreas Multiplayer. It's a multiplayer mod for GTA: San Andreas (duh). One server I play on almost exclusively is Los Santos Roleplay.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
- Code Name STEAM [3DS]: Completely in love with everything about this game.
- Dead or Alive 5 LR [PC]: I'm new-ish to DOA, honestly it's pretty fun. Some of the outfits are ridiculous, though, lol. I honestly find the fanservice a bit tacky.
- Shin Megami Tensei [iOS]: I'm not sure what to make of this game, to be honest. It's... interesting, I guess. My only previous SMT experience was Soul Hackers, this series might not be meant for me, I think.
- Demon's Souls [PS3]: Re-playing the only Souls game I've played in preparation for my first time with Dark Souls. Super late to the party, yup.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
- Shin Megami Tensei [iOS]: I'm not sure what to make of this game, to be honest. It's... interesting, I guess. My only previous SMT experience was Soul Hackers, this series might not be meant for me, I think.
Both series are pretty dated to new players to the series. Any game that's PS2 or later will probably be better for you.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Both series are pretty dated to new players to the series. Any game that's PS2 or later will probably be better for you.
Yup, not only I want to try a more recent one, but I also don't want to quit these two. I dig the atmosphere, exploration, music, etc. :p

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Still playing Smash on my 3DS. I want to try and complete and unlock those final challenges.

Other than that, I'm hoping to get back and play Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
The games I been playing this month is Smash Bros. Wii U. How can I not? I love Smash Bros. obviously if I'm on this website.
When not Smashing, I'm Smiting in a game called Smite which is MOBA. Melting faces with Anubis, Sniping idiots with Ra, Executing fools with Thanatos, Smacking foes up with Sun Wukong, Chomping ******* with Sobek, and Weaving fools to death with Neith. :D
I also play Guild Wars 2. Lots of fun events to be had there and an awesome community that is much nicer than other gaming communities.
So far those are the only 3 games I have time for. I really want to buy LotR Shadow of Mordor, DBZ Xenoverse and The Witcher 3 soon, I just wish I had more free time to game like I used to.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
wow new person here
I picked up Hyperdimenson Neptunia Re;birth1 a few days ago. Pretty fun.
Aside from that and smash, CS:GO.

Mew2

Smash Rookie
Dungeon Fighter Online, an online 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up with MMO/RPG elements. It's really fun if you like fighting games, the PvP scene is awesome. It's currently open for beta if anyone is looking for something new to play.
Played this a while back. It was fun. A very unique freemmo

D

Deleted member

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. My 3DS broke recently, so I'm probably just gonna restart by getting the Wii U version.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I played the Azure Striker Gunvolt Demo today... for a LONG long time getting achievements for the limited no. levels.Loved it! Reminds me of Megaman Zero although the titular character is more of a gunner than a sabre user.

Now I definitely have to buy the game!

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Been playing Dishonoured lately (learn the collect spelling YOU DUMB AMERICANS) and it's simply ****ing amazing. Definitely one of the most overlooked games of last generation, and most definitely up there as one of the best games/new IPs in the same generation as well. It's simply fantastic. It's an example of great game design; you've got good environments, beautiful graphics that look a painting made of water colours, incredible (and fun) gameplay that offers you multiple options on how to complete one objective. You can either jump a fence by simply climbing somewhere and jumping it, using a door if there is one (although this will be more obvious and guards/dogs will notice you etc), take control of a rat and go underneath, distract the guards and then walk inside, simply storm in and kill everyone, or hell, you can even ****ing take control of a guard themselves.

I haven't played the DLC yet but I heard it's also pretty good. This is now my 2nd or 3rd playthrough of the game and I'll be playing the DLC this time. Definitely recommend this game to anyone who doesn't mind first person (this game executes it perfectly) and likes stealth games. It's inspired by the old Thief games and Dark Messiah which I wanna play.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Trying to get Mortal Kombat 9's platinum trophy before MKX comes out, and i'm also playing plenty of Xenoblade Chronicles (again) on 3DS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom