• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What existing series do you think need more reps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Mario: No.
Zelda: No.
Pokemon: No.
Kirby: No.
Donkey Kong: Sure.
Metroid: Not possible.
Star Fox: Definitely not.
Yoshi: No.
Ice Climber: No.
Fire Emblem: Maybe.
F-Zero: No.
EarthBound: No.
Wario: Plausible.
Kid Icarus: No.
Animal Crossing: No.
Game & Watch: No.
Pikmin: No.
Gyromite: No.
Wii Fit: No.
Metal Gear: No.
Sonic: No.
Mega Man: No.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Mario, Metroid, and Donkey Kong all need more Reps.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
How many reps each series should get:
Mario: 5
Kirby: 3
Zelda: 4
Yoshi: 1
Pokemon: 5
Fire Emblem: 3
Star Fox: 4
Metroid: 2 (with Samus and ZSS Samus as separate characters
F-Zero: 1
Kid Icarus: 1
Wario: 1
Pikmin:1

Who to add:
Mario: Toad would be the first rep I would pick. Toad should go in before all other Mario reps.
Kirby have all the relevant characters represented in some form.
I would switch out Toon Link with the latest form of a younger Link to keep it a tradition.
Yoshi could add Kamek, but it doesn't need another rep.
Donkey Kong should be the first series to get a new rep. First Dixie Kong, and then King K. Rool. Both should be added in 4 if there is enough time.
Pokemon should have at least one rep not from generation 1. So it needs1 more rep or should at least keep Lucario with a gen 1 rep add
Fire Emblem should have one more rep from it's most successful game, Fire Emblem Awakening. As a generational series, more reps is fitting.
Star Fox: Krystal should be added. It completes the series nicely.
Metroid: Doesn't need any other reps based on the characters it has in the game. And isolation is sort of the series' thing. Ridley is very popular though, and may literally force the developer's hands.
F-Zero has no need for any other characters.
Earthbound is represented just fine relative to their place in the Nintendo echelon.
Kid Icarus should get one more rep for the series due to its strong characters and importance to Nintendo. Anyone out of Palutena, Medusa or Hades.
Wario could use any of the supporting cast, but it does need another rep.
Olimar suits Pikmin just fine.

No conceivable needed reps for Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B.'s respective series.
Third parties should each only have one rep per series.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
so... I'm the only one here who thinks yoshi should get another rep? ...really?

anyways, other then that, Metroid desperately needs another rep, and there aren't any other series in desperate need of another rep. MAYBE fire emblem. (the big three will probably all get another anyways, but it's not needed.)

honestly, why do some people think KI needs another rep before Yoshi? I mean SERIOUSLY. think about it.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

anyways, other then that, Metroid desperately needs another rep, and there aren't any other series in desperate need of another rep. MAYBE fire emblem. (the big three will probably all get another anyways, but it's not needed.)

honestly, why do some people think KI needs another rep before Yoshi? I mean SERIOUSLY. think about it.
Most people don't think the Yoshi series should get a rep because there aren't very many viable characters, and to be honest the Yoshi and Mario series are just one and the same.
Yoshi was only made its own series in the first Smash Bros because of Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island and it just kinda stuck throughout the rest.
I do agree that a second Kid Icarus rep isn't one that I'm hoping for.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Most people don't think the Yoshi series should get a rep because there aren't very many viable characters, and to be honest the Yoshi and Mario series are just one and the same.
1. Kamek.
2. Okay, I can see why this misinterpretation is very easy to make. I mean, most of the characters originated in mario (including mario himself, as well as yoshi). but, however, there are many exclusive yoshi series enemies that aren't featured elsewhere in mario. like the bandit, and poochy. however the main thing that differentiates yoshi from mario is the main character (duh) and the gameplay. so, yes. they are different series, although they do share the same universe. like donkey kong. (plus two new yoshi games next year yay)

But it may not be too deserving, i guess. being around since 64 doesn't seem to help.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be frank... Maybe just Donkey Kong for importance to Nintendo history, and maybe Metroid too because its anniversary sucked Morph balls.

Other than that, I hope they leave them all as they currently are, and go for new series.

I could name more main characters that should get in than count possible roster slots available, and I'd still have more unsung heroes to spare to fill up a next SSB roster.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Mario: Well repped as it is.
Zelda: Drop Toon Link, add someone who isn't a clone. Vaati and Impa are both good choices, though I'd personally prefer Vaati, as he'd be easier to make unique than Impa. 4 slots/5 characters is fine for Zelda though.
Pokemon: I feel like a 6th gen Pokemon has a good shot at making it in, but the series already has 6 characters, considering the Pokemon Trainer as 3. So I don't feel it needs more representation. We may see Lucario being dropped for someone new though...
Kirby: Has its main trio, no one else really stands out as an amazing choice.
Donkey Kong: It should get another slot, maaayyyyybe two, but that's pushing it, methinks.
Metroid: Ridley needs a slot. Then it would feel perfectly repped.
Star Fox: It's repped well enough as is. Differentiate Falco more, then everything's good.
Yoshi: Not really. Kamek would be cool, I guess, but I don't feel he's necessary.
Ice Climber: That Polar Bear in Sunglasses would be awesome! Nope.
Fire Emblem: Yeah, I feel it's earned a third slot. It's no longer a really niche series thanks to Awakening, and it has so many possible additions!
F-Zero: Nope.
EarthBound: ;_; I really want Porky! But I know the series is barely big enough to warrant two. And being completed hurts its chances.
Wario: Needs one more slot. Mona, Ashley, Kat and Ana and Jimmy T are all good choices and would each bring something new to the roster.
Kid Icarus: Uprising was successful enough to warrant a second slot for the series. Palutena is the obvious choice.
Animal Crossing: I don't really see any other reps that are possible, really.
Game & Watch: YES. GAME AND WATCH DESERVES 5 SLOTS, MINIMUM! I'm joking of course. No.
Pikmin: The stars of the series are the Pikmin themselves, not the captains. So just the one rep will do.
R.O.B.: Nope.
Wii Fit: Nope.
Metal Gear/Sonic/Megaman: Third parties only deserve one rep each.

tl;dr: Add 1 rep each to DK, Metroid, FE, Wario, and Kid Icarus. Any other new reps should rep new series.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
only series i believe will certainly get an additional rep would be Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem and Pokemon(whether you believe Mewtwo is considered a newcomer is debatable).

other series i think have a great shot for an additional character are Metroid, Kid Icarus

series that can definitely justify an additional character would be Mario, Zelda, Wario and Star Fox

other series, with the exception of F-Zero, are essentially complete with the the characters they already have.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think the reason Earthbound can justify having 2 reps while Kid Icarus doesn't is because Ness doesn't really represent Mother 3, while Pit can represent his whole series pretty much.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
-Mario: I agree, all main characters have been added to the game.
-Yoshi: No real other characters I can think of that would fit.
-DK: K. Rool and Trixie of course, maybe a DK 64 character if they decide to have one.
-Zelda: Would like to see one more.
-Fire Emblem: Just replace Ike.
-Pokemon: Mewtwo instead of Lucario. Possibly one more added.
-Metroid: Needs another rep badly. Every other major Nintendo franchise has more.
-F-Zero: I don't know who could rep it, it's been a while and Nintendo doesn't like F-Zero anymore.
-Earthbound: Just make Lucas more unique.
-Kid Icarus: Sakurai's child, should have another rep.
-Wario: I'd suggest adding Waluigi as opposed to a Wario exclusive. He's consistently along with the rest of the group.
-Pikmin: No idea.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Brawl pretty much rounded out the roster for all the existing franchises.
A new Pokemon, Ridley or K. Rool couldn't hurt though. Although I feel Ridley would offer the most unique moveset.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
1. Kamek.
2. Okay, I can see why this misinterpretation is very easy to make. I mean, most of the characters originated in mario (including mario himself, as well as yoshi). but, however, there are many exclusive yoshi series enemies that aren't featured elsewhere in mario. like the bandit, and poochy. however the main thing that differentiates yoshi from mario is the main character (duh) and the gameplay. so, yes. they are different series, although they do share the same universe. like donkey kong. (plus two new yoshi games next year yay)

But it may not be too deserving, i guess. being around since 64 doesn't seem to help.
With Kamek I question if he has a distinct enough identity as a 'Yoshi' character any more now that he's started appearing often in main series and RPG series Mario games. If Kamek is added would people think, "cool, a second Yoshi rep" or would they think, "Kamek's the new Mario rep? Why not Toad or Paper Mario or Bowser Jr?"? Probably a mix of both, although I'd wager more so the latter than the former.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
With Kamek I question if he has a distinct enough identity as a 'Yoshi' character any more now that he's started appearing often in main series and RPG series Mario games. If Kamek is added would people think, "cool, a second Yoshi rep" or would they think, "Kamek's the new Mario rep? Why not Toad or Paper Mario or Bowser Jr?"? Probably a mix of both, although I'd wager more so the latter than the former.
that's really odd, I've always thought of kamek as a yoshi rep because he was most promident there, and that's also where the character was created.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
that's really odd, I've always thought of kamek as a yoshi rep because he was most promident there, and that's also where the character was created.
More people have played mario and will recognize him from there probably. Maybe if his symbol was that of Yoshi's but some people will still think he is a mario character.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
...still a yoshi rep.
Yeah but more uniformed people will think it is a mario rep is all i'm saying. I get yoshi only has one rep at the moment but I was just saying what people will think even though it was blatantly obvious with the yoshi insignia.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Would a Baby Mario and Yoshi team count as two reps? Would everyone be fine with that?
But Yoshi is already is Smash. And I don't see how carrying Baby Mario on his back would drastically change his moveset to be called a new character.

And no, I'd prefer Yoshi to go solo instead of having that super-annoying crybaby on his back.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Kamek would be a Yoshi rep, he's a Yoshi series character first and foremost, but he's now also a Mario character. What I'm wondering is, is if he has a solid enough identity as a Yoshi character to justify him being playable for that reason. I'm having too hard a time explaining the Kamek thing so I think I'll drop it.

Back onto existing series in general, I think you've got to look at how many genuine iconic Nintendo characters that would work in SSB are left from the existing series. By 'iconic' I mean big, celebrated characters from big celebrated games that most gamers, or at least the average Nintendo fan, would be able to recognise. I came up with this list:

Toad - one of the original Mario characters. He plays a big part in one of the most famous games of all time, Super Mario Bros, and in it provides one of the most well known quotes in gaming. He continued to play big roles in iconic games in the series (such as Super Mario Bros 2, SMB3 and the Mario Kart game) and continues to do so to this day.

Paper Mario - the Paper Mario series is a pretty big deal, the series continues to grow in popularity. Thousand Year Door in particular is one of the most loved games ever amongst Nintendo fans. Paper Mario himself has become one of the most recognised images of Mario, just search 'Mario' on Google images, Paper Mario is one of the first images that show up.

Ridley - one of the most famous Nintendo villains playing very memorable roles in some of the most celebrated Nintendo games ever including Super Metroid and Metroid Prime.

K. Rool - the original series Donkey Kong as well as DK 64 to a lesser extent are some of the most popular Nintendo games ever. Of course K. Rool being the main antagonist of them and being so well designed made him a very well-known and loved character.

Dixie Kong - the same as K. Rool to a lesser extent, the major role she played in the later two of the original DKC trilogy made her very popular.

Mewtwo - the most famous Pokemon apart from Pikachu and perhaps the Kanto starters? The memorable role he played in the original games (which he reprised in the two sets of Pokemon remakes), his role in the anime (the first Pokemon movie in particular), the appearance he already made in Smash Bros and the role he continues to play in the series with him being used to showcase X and Y arguably makes him so.

Slippy and Peppy - they won't get in, but it'd be unfair not to mention them. The two characters were in Star Fox 64, a very memorable and loved game, where all the characters had big personalities. Peppy's advice giving and Slippy's uselessness is famous (or infamous) and the two characters are constantly referenced.

Anyone else think there's any other characters that fit into that category that I haven't mentioned?

If you use that logic then you'd think the Mario series would get one of Toad or Paper Mario (perhaps both), Donkey Kong one of K. Rool or Dixie, Metroid Ridley and Pokemon would get Mewtwo either as a 5th rep or as a replacement for one of Brawl's Pokemon reps.

If there's newcomers from existing series then they should be the biggest of the big, if you want to add minor more obscure characters, then you may as well add them from new series. Minor Nintendo characters that are main characters from their own series > minor Nintendo characters who are minor characters in an existing series. This is why I have a hard time supporting Geno, despite the fact I love the character.

?????????????

Smash Master
Mario: Doesn't really need one, but there's enough iconic characters to justify one.
Donkey Kong: Could definitely stand more. Particularly Dixie and/or K. Rool.
Yoshi: If anyone, Kamek. The Yoshi series has lasted a long time and is fairly consistent.
Wario: I don't think it's a big priority, nor do I think there's anyone glaringly obvious.
Legend of Zelda: Hard to say. There are definitely good characters to pull from. Probably worth it.
Metroid: It's gotta be Ridley. Metroid's more than deserving of additional reps, and anyone other than Ridley is significantly less important to the series as a whole
Kid Icarus: I really don't think one new game warrants an entirely new character, especially for a small series like Kid Icarus. That's the exact same thing I would say about a new Pikmin character. MOTHER makes sense because Ness isn't involved in the latest game, MOTHER 3, so he can't represent that. Pit is still enough to represent Kid Icarus Uprising, especially with the changes in his moveset we've seen so far.
Kirby: It's got everyone it needs.
Star Fox: It has plenty of reps in SSB. Krystal if anyone, but I don't think it needs anyone.
F-Zero: Lots of possibilities, but I don't think it needs more reps.
Pokemon: Mewtwo.
Fire Emblem: Chrom. I really think so.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mario: Nah, maybe Toad.
Zelda: Nope, unless Toon Link gets cut.
DK: Yes, K. Rool and Dixie are overdue.
Yoshi: Not Necessary
Wario: Not Needed, but I wouldn't mind Mona, 9-Volt, or Jimmy T. I guess Ashley also.
Metroid: Yes, Ridley obviously.
Kirby: Not unless it's Waddle Dee.
Star Fox: Krystal if Wolf is cut, nobody if not.
Pokemon: Mewtwo instead of probably Lucario.
Kid Icarus: Palutena, definitely.
Fire Emblem: Chrom, probably get rid of Ike.
F-Zero: Not really a priority, but I'd be fine with Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow.
Mother: Doesn't even need Lucas IMO, but I think Porky would be interesting.
Pikmin: No
Any Retro/3rd Party: No second characters for the stand-alone franchises. Takamaru and Pac-Man as new ones though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Super Mario: It could definitely warrant more characters, but I think we have all we really need. Though, I feel Toad would be the addition if there were one.
Donkey Kong Country: One of the few series that can warrant two new characters, in my opinion. Though, K. Rool would take priority over Dixie.
Metroid: Ridley. That is all.
Pokemon: I think the Brawl roster + Mewtwo is fine.
Kid Icarus: Definitely Palutena.
Fire Emblem: One of the few other series I can see getting two new characters. Though, I think Chrom would take precedence over Roy.

Legend of Zelda: I don't think it really needs anyone else, honestly.
Kirby: It has all it needs, though I think Bandanna Waddle Dee could be a dark horse candidate.
StarFox: It has all it needs, I think.
F-Zero: As much as I want Goroh, this is rather unlikely, sadly.
Mother: See F-Zero, but replace Goroh with Porky.

Yoshi's Island/WarioWare/Pikmin/Ice Climber/Game and Watch/Gyromite/Sonic the Hedgehog/Metal Gear Solid: These are definitely fine as is, as I definitely don't see other characters being added..

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Super Mario: Toad is iconic enough to be with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser. So yes.
Donkey Kong Country: Both King K.Rool and Dixie should make it in. No questions for this.
Legend of Zelda: Impa. Or Tetra, if Toon Link stays. If Toon Link leaves, Impa for sure. If Sheik leaves, Impa most definitely no question.
Pokémon: Mewtwo. And **** it I'd love to see another Pokémon Trainer even (May, Blue / Green, Gold)
Metroid: Seriously, if Ridley doesn't make it I really want Anthony. And I feel Ridley ain't gonna make it.
Fire Emblem: Roy or Chrom is a likely scenario.
Kirby: Waddle Dee is an option
StarFox: Krystal and Slippy Toad are options
F-Zero: Not too likely, Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh are options though (not likely ones)
Mother: Porky is a...? Masked Man to I guess.
Wario Ware / Land: Captain Syrup, Mona or Ashely... OPTIONS
Kid Icarus: Palutena is pretty likely I guess

All others aren't likely. Unless Epic Yarn Yoshi brings us... ~someeethinggg.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Not many. The roster proportion was pretty good in Brawl.

• Mario, Zelda and Pokemon are the three biggest Nintendo franchises, and as such are the only series with four slots each. That's perfect considering their significance.
  • Yoshi, Wario, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Gyromite, Game & Watch, Ice Climber and Pikmin are all perfectly well-represented with just their main character or mascot. Not much merit for an additional rep for any of those series.
  • Kirby is an important and very large series, but not as important or as large as any of the big three. I think three reps is an ideal number.
  • Mother, considering its size alone, should really have one rep - but since the games are all rather radically different in terms of the casts of characters, one rep alone wouldn't be enough to represent the series. Ness by himself would represent EarthBound and nothing more.
  • Donkey Kong might be able to get away with a third character, it's really about who. I don't think Dixie Kong would be a particularly worthwhile addition.
  • Fire Emblem could certainly use a third slot. With thirteen games and such a wide cast of characters, I could see it happening. Especially considering that it got two slots in Melee, before it even had a foothold in the Western market.
  • Star Fox has too many. The series only has about five games, and the characters aren't particularly unique or interesting fighters. This is the only series I think needs to be scaled back.
  • Metal Gear and Sonic should obviously stay at one, as guest inclusions.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Mario has the important ones, Kirby could lose a rep without problem, Zelda could have more but doesn't need any.
Yoshi deserves to bring a friend, while Star Fox needs a complete smash roster overhall.
Metroid is a game about solitude in harsh but often beautiful environments. One rep is perfect for it.
F-Zero, sadly, has little to bring to the table.
Wario simply needs to go IMO.

So Yoshi and maybe Starfox I guess.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Mario has the important ones, Kirby could lose a rep without problem, Zelda could have more but doesn't need any.
Yoshi deserves to bring a friend, while Star Fox needs a complete smash roster overhall.
Metroid is a game about solitude in harsh but often beautiful environments. One rep is perfect for it.

may I comment?

good job with the yoshi, I agree HOWEVER.

Starfox is perfectly fine, maybe even too fine.

Metroid could really use another rep, being an important series to nintendo. but there really isn't much to choose from, as you are normally all alone, like you said. Ridley, perhaps?

Wario deserves to stay, he has more than enough games entirely to his name.

Kirby loosing a rep seems crazy.

everything else I agree with. especially yoshi.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember that not all series need a new character. Mario and Zelda especially.

The ones that do have either low representation or what I like to call fluid casts i.e. the cast changes from game to game.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman

Seriously, you think Wario should go? One of the most famous, popular and iconic Nintendo characters there is who stars in not one, but two of his big and critically acclaimed series. Not only that he's extremely popular in Brawl and was one of the most requested characters for Melee let alone Brawl. I don't mean this in an offensive way, but at least give a justification when saying something so far-out.

Saying Kirby could lose a rep without a problem is also a bit strange, especially since you're condoning a much smaller and less relevant series in Star Fox possibly having four characters. Considering the size and popularity of the series, and the popularity of King Dedede and Meta Knight both as Kirby characters and Smash fighters, I think quite a lot of people would have a problem with them being cut.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think that Brawl and Melee pretty much brought in any All-Star characters from Veteran franchises that are really necessary, with a few exceptions.

Mario: Yes, it is Nintendo's flagship IP. But the gang's all there. If anything, Toad should be promoted to Assist Trophy, in my opinion, but he's also fine where he is. As much as I'd like Waluigi in, I'd MUCH rather see new franchises altogether. And Bowser Jr...meh. Don't get me wrong, Bowser Jr. is probably my favorite Mario character, but I just don't see it happening. Same with Paper Mario. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and all the spinoff characters rep the series fine.

No matter how famous Mario is, we have to make room for the little guys. Let's try to remember that.

No Geno.

DK: This series definitely deserves three reps. I'm really torn between K. Rool and Dixie, but I personally like King K. Rool more.

Yoshi: He's fine where he is. There isn't anyone from the Yoshi series so deserving that Sakurai should neglect a more obscure, yet more deserving, character.

Wario: Same as Yoshi. Though, a lot of the WarioWare cast would make for terrific Assist Trophies.

Legend of Zelda: Fine where it is, even with Toon Link. If Toon Link goes, the only other understandable choice would be Tingle, due to his popularity (and/or infamy) and the fact that he appears in quite a few games. The problem with Vaati is that he is Toon Link's antagonist. You don't replace Toon Link with his own foe. It's weird. Ghirahim, no matter how fabulous, is a one-time creep. Same with Skull Kid, although he is comparably iconic. COMPARABLY.

Five is good enough. Keep Brawl's Zelda roster, but make Ganondorf more unique. IF they take out Toon Link, then add Tingle. You decide which is the lesser of two evils.

Pokemon: Since this is such a HUGE and fluid franchise, five character slots, I could understand. If you were to keep Brawl's Pokemon roster, and add Mewtwo, that would be perfect.

Kirby: Fine where it is.

Metroid: Having been around since the original game, I could understand seeing Ridley. He is iconic in his own right. But no one else. Samus and Ridley (and ZSS).

Star Fox: The three we have is fine. But if we made them differ even more than Brawl did this time around, that'd be fantastic.

Kid Icarus: The only worthy second rep would be Palutena, BUT I think it'd be better if she were a codec-esque character. Witty banter with Pit about his adversaries would be terrific.

Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem should really have two reps. If they can give an Awakening character a unique moveset, then leave in Ike (I doubt Marth's going anywhere) and give us three, but other than that, just two.

Mother: Before I go on, I'm a huge fan of this franchise, so I know a thing or two about the level of importance, when it comes to the characters. Hypothetically, on the off chance that Mother perhaps gets a third rep MAYBE, it should be Porky. He can be just as unique as Masked Man, except he's actually in more than one game. He's a staple of the series.

Now, notice how I said "Hypothetically", "off chance", "perhaps", and "MAYBE". That's because Mother doesn't really need one. A cult-classic franchise with a grand total of three games is fine where it is. I should be grateful it got a boss in Brawl! (and it was Porky, of all people!) I know Mother's the bee's knees in Japan, but it still applies.

Pikmin: There is no other character in the Pikmin franchise that has the potential to add anything unique to Smash Bros. Every playable character is literally just a cartoony unfortunate space person who pulls carrot people out of the ground and makes said carrot people rebuild spaceships. Olimar, having been in every game, is the one and only ideal rep.

F-Zero: As much as I love the series, there isn't a character unique and iconic enough to fill the role of a playable character, nor is their any incentive to add a character from a (all but) dead franchise. I wish it wasn't dead...

I think I pretty much hit that nail on the head. In terms of vet-franchise newcomers, Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo (maybe Chrom or something, but I'm pretty content with Marth and Ike) should be it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Seriously, you think Wario should go? One of the most famous, popular and iconic Nintendo characters there is who stars in not one, but two of his big and critically acclaimed series. Not only that he's extremely popular in Brawl and was one of the most requested characters for Melee let alone Brawl. I don't mean this in an offensive way, but at least give a justification when saying something so far-out.
It's probably just personal bias. Ignore it I guess.

Saying Kirby could lose a rep without a problem is also a bit strange, especially since you're condoning a much smaller and less relevant series in Star Fox possibly having four characters.
I never meant to imply four in Starfox. Just because I'd add a newcomer doesn't mean I'd keep the current reps. From what I've played of Kirby games though, only Kirby and maybe MetaKnight at a push seem to have any real significance in them.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

You're not the only one. I think Yoshi should get another character, too. However, Metroid and Donkey Kong have higher priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom