• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about Zero Suit Samus's new look and moves?

Do you love Zero Suit Samus's new look/moves?

• I love both her new look and her moves!

Votes: 228 73.8%
  • I love her new look but I dislike her new moves

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • I dislike her new look but love her new moves

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • I hate what they did to samus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why the high heels?

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Sakurai trolling Ridley fans again

Votes: 27 8.7%

• Total voters

Maikou

Smash Ace
Maikou and Keybladeguy were just a few minutes ago.

I'm just leaving that image there so there is no room for further debate on Ridley, and we can get back to the topic matter at hand.
the only reason that happened was because I misunderstood Keybladeguy's post back up there. plus I'm in pain from my back, but that's unimportant to this topic.
Jet Boots are epic. we just wish they weren't high heels....not that we'll all notice a lot during gameplay, of course.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They last talked about 30 minutes ago, and since then we've already gotten a new topic... my point still stands, but whatever.
It was around 5 minutes ago when I made my initial post, and they had not moved off of it, and were comparing the situation to Goku fans. Which is even more off topic. Which is why I made my post, so why are you getting on me for being off-topic when I was just ending an off-topic debate by providing irrefutable evidence regarding the Ridley debacle?

More on topic, can't wait to make me some ZSS x Rosalina goodness when the game comes out! :V

Or, if Miis are a thing, Iwata can be with Samus, as it became canon today!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Maikou and Keybladeguy were just a few minutes ago.

I'm just leaving that image there so there is no room for further debate on Ridley, and we can get back to the topic matter at hand.
So to get back on topic, you posted off topic? After it died down? Yeah that doesn't really work. As FB said just keep all of that discussion in the proper thread. Anymore beating the dead horse in here gets infractabans.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So to get back on topic, you posted off topic? After it died down? Yeah that doesn't really work. As FB said just keep all of that discussion in the proper thread. Anymore beating the dead horse in here gets infractabans.
If you're going to give me an infraction, then every other user involved better have got one. I was back on topic (my goal with the Ridley post) when you handed that. Very uncalled for, and very hypocritical considering your post preceding this one.

I'm just getting that out there now, while the subject is fresh. But remember, I was on topic when you quoted me, and handed me that infraction. You prompted me to post this.

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I feel like I am the only one who liked Other M alot. . . . well at least Sakurai gave her heels a purpose
EDIT: Referring to the design of Samus/ZSS here

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wouldn't be surprised if some of the people complaining about the heels are also some of the same people objectifying her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Me personally, I think anyone upset over the design needs to lighten up. There is nothing wrong with it, and is typical of a Japanese made video game.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I personally like all her new changes in visuals and moves. Even though she was a pretty good character in Brawl, I always felt like something was missing in her moveset (besides not having kill potential, lol). I'm quite more confident about her abilities now, and it seems like she will benefit so much more in a less campy environment. I wonder how far she'll be able to extend combos now with hitstun most likely gone.

Also, isn't she supposed to be 6'3 canonically? Is it the case in this game?

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I like glow shoes Samus and I also like that ZSS is a separate character. I am hoping that the palette choices are based on the colors used for appearances made out of suit. For example, from Metroid a grape purple suit with green hair and a red outfit with brown hair. From Super Metroid, the black suit comes with a slightly darker blond hair.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't really care about Ridley, but did people ever think that the boss hazard could just be Meta Ridley, and the regular one is playable? I realize that Meta Ridley wasn't in Other M but Smash clearly doesn't follow everything... as you can see with the Jet Boots.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
One of my best characters from Brawl with an updated awesome looking moveset?

LOVE IT!!

I am SO excited :D

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't really care about Ridley, but did people ever think that the boss hazard could just be Meta Ridley, and the regular one is playable? I realize that Meta Ridley wasn't in Other M but Smash clearly doesn't follow everything... as you can see with the Jet Boots.
I agree, anything is possible. Should keep the Ridley discussion in the Ridley thread, though.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I feel like I am the only one who liked Other M alot. . . . well at least Sakurai gave her heels a purpose
EDIT: Referring to the design of Samus/ZSS here
I like other M too, just not the personality given to Samus in that game. (I don't agree with everyone else that she's supposed to be a cold hard emotionless Bounty Hunter. I like the idea of her being "real". the way they went about it was wrong though)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's Smash Bros. The game is supossed to be kind of silly. Jetboots that are also high heels? Hilarious!

Remember this is the game where Ganondorf can wear bunny ears while holding a flower wand.

Maikou

Smash Ace
It's Smash Bros. The game is supossed to be kind of silly. Jetboots that are also high heels? Hilarious!

Remember this is the game where Ganondorf can wear bunny ears while holding a flower wand.
Oh lord Arceus, Ganondork with a bunny hood....Cannot unsee! CANNOT UNSEE!!! CHAR!!!!
Still, the jet boots look awesome, even as high heels. then again that might just be me.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Having high heels might actually be practical. I mean, imagine kicking someone in the face with rocket-powered heels. It's almost like stabbing someone, and with all those cutting visual effects on her moves (bair, fair, etc), it's most likely the case.

I am talking out of my ass

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Having high heels might actually be practical. I mean, imagine kicking someone in the face with rocket-powered heels. It's almost like stabbing someone, and with all those cutting visual effects on her moves (bair, fair, etc), it's most likely the case.

I am talking out of my ***
Getting kicked with heels would hurt like hell, all the force of the kick put into such a small area would really hit hard. It's like an ice pick (just
not as sharp).

One would think that heels would decrease her mobility, but I suppose the jets make up for that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Getting hit by heels DOES hurt. Word.

Now, the form is not only for aesthetics, heels (specially considering the boots are a whole structure) can help absorbing shocks and preventing damage.
I mean, have you ever played Portal?
First, you all should.
Second, the main character there does use a heel-like structure to prevent damage even when falling from VERY high places.

it's all science.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I noticed that Zamus actually bounces and moves on the balls of her feet, touching the heel to the ground only when landing or moving fast. The boot seems to flex with her foot too. It actually looks like the heel is little more than a stabilizer/secondary rocket.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
It's funny that most people like her design more now as it's based on other m but were complaining how they hated the other m design

Maikou

Smash Ace
Am I really the only one who liked the other m design?
No, you are not. I love the Other M design. at least it's better than how her old Super Metroid Suit from Brawl would have looked in HD and 3D. speaking of, we need a Metroid game with gameplay mechanics like Other M on the 3DS....though definitely a better personality play on Samus....

I think the Other M design is the most bad*** Samus has looked ever. and Samus' Lethal Strike/Overblast move is pretty awesome too. I think the only thing that screwed Other M was the way they handled Samus.

and I like that the Zero Suit actually appears to be a clothing item now. I love the Paralyser's neon purple color, and I love the added jet boots and bracelets. plus Samus with those kicks Samus is at the peak of awesomeness in my opinion.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Moves look badass, jet boots are awesome and the "Sexualization" has been there since metroid 1 where you're reward for beating the game faster is seeing her with less clothes much less than what the zero suit shows

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Even though I'm a pervert, and I do think Zero Suit Samus is sexy now, I do like Samus for other reasons.

I do love her new/modified moves. I saw potential in Zero Suit in brawl, but I never could get into her. This looks much better however. <3

Certainly going to try her out after Pikachu.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
No, you are not. I love the Other M design. at least it's better than how her old Super Metroid Suit from Brawl would have looked in HD and 3D. speaking of, we need a Metroid game with gameplay mechanics like Other M on the 3DS....though definitely a better personality play on Samus....

I think the Other M design is the most bad*** Samus has looked ever. and Samus' Lethal Strike/Overblast move is pretty awesome too. I think the only thing that screwed Other M was the way they handled Samus.

and I like that the Zero Suit actually appears to be a clothing item now. I love the Paralyser's neon purple color, and I love the added jet boots and bracelets. plus Samus with those kicks Samus is at the peak of awesomeness in my opinion.
I would have to disagree with you there I really don't think there was anything done wrong to Samus' character in other M. Other M to me was my favorite metroid game and I think most people started hating it's simply due to the medias reaction when it first released and because of that people blindly hate EVERYTHING about the game. the contradictions of people hating the other m design but liking the design better than in brawl is evidence of this.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I would have to disagree with you there I really don't think there was anything done wrong to Samus' character in other M. Other M to me was my favorite metroid game and I think most people started hating it's simply due to the medias reaction when it first released and because of that people blindly hate EVERYTHING about the game. the contradictions of people hating the other m design but liking the design better than in brawl is evidence of this.
Yeah, I like Other M too, I just don't like the Ridley scene.
If I'm honest, Brawl kinda screwed up with Samus' suit. they had the chance to update the suit to Metroid Prime's, but kept it as the Super Metroid design for some reason. I must ask though, have you seen the Adam scene in Metroid Fusion? I've gotta say the first time I saw Samus speak I was a little surprised. plus that reaction with the eyes is a little....jump scare-ish, at least to me.
in any case, the Metroid Other M design for Samus is awesome.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Nah, I really hated her writing in other m. Media had nothing to do with it.

Looks like it won't be a problem in this game.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
Yeah, I like Other M too, I just don't like the Ridley scene.
If I'm honest, Brawl kinda screwed up with Samus' suit. they had the chance to update the suit to Metroid Prime's, but kept it as the Super Metroid design for some reason. I must ask though, have you seen the Adam scene in Metroid Fusion? I've gotta say the first time I saw Samus speak I was a little surprised. plus that reaction with the eyes is a little....jump scare-ish, at least to me.
in any case, the Metroid Other M design for Samus is awesome.
I thought that scene in fusion with adam shows that shes human and I think thats a good thing for any character. Also did you know she has PSTD?

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yeah, I learned that a long time after first seeing the Ridley scene. I know it makes sense and all, I just kind of don't think it should be there. the Ridley scene, I mean. for one thing, it would've been awesome if Anthony got to attack Ridley (and possibly get a moveset for Smash, Metroid representation for the WIN!), and fight alongside Samus. though when I think about it, how could such-and-such (don't want to spoil in case anyone who reads this thread hasn't played/watched Other M. ya never know....) have happened without the Ridley scene? I can tolerate and even like it a little bit, but I think it would've been better if Samus simply reacted with, "Ridley?! ......but how?!" and then began the fight with Anthony helping from the side every minute or so during the fight with a plasma shot. at least it would've pleased most of the fans.

I'm all for a truly human character. as long as they're done properly. not saying Other M's depiction is bad, just thinking it could've been done better in a few aspects or so.

I LOVE the Adam scene in Fusion. besides Samus' eyes (cree-e-e-pyyy...). I'm not sure of most other's opinions on that scene in Fusion, what with Samus speaking for the first time ever....and I mean PHYSICALLY speaking, not that beginning recount we got in Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I find it ironic that people are upset about the heals, they look like they would hurt like heck when being kicked by them. Personally I see nothing sexual about her character, then again I'm a gay male so i see things differently than straight men. When I look at SSB4's ZSSamus, a see a powerful woman with a model esq figure who is capable of kicking @$$ and looking fabulous while doing so.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What I want to say:

The redesign is well-fitted to make her look more warrior-styled, and the jet boots certainly add flair, giving her new moveset potential. The laser gun also looks very unique, and she looks better than ever. Can't wait to test her out.

What my hormones are screeching:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The whole argument about the heels reminds me of that episode of Samurai Jack where he tries on all those different kinds of footwear.

Also this.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Should've known that the heel memes were going to roll in. She's sexy with a great new moveset, end of discussion.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I love every bit of it. Her change is the greatest of all the returning veterans in my opinion. It baffles me that people actually have complaints about the stupidest things like "her boobs are too big" and "heels are unrealistic". Really people?

And the whole separate character thing was something I've wanted badly since after Brawl, so I love Sakurai forever now for doing that. Can't wait to see what her Final Smash could be. Hers was the least appealing in Brawl.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I just need to point something out:
The Nintendo 3DS can easily handle the Transformations. it's stronger and more powerful than the GameCube, which handled Zelda/Sheik transforming even better than Brawl could've.

I just need to say that the whole "Seperate Characters" thing isn' for the sake of the 3DS, just so everyone knows. way too many people think the 3DS is weaker than the GameCube and can't handle everything Sakurai's putting on it when it's not true at all.

I'm just saying.
Sorry for straying from the topic.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
These boots are made for lighting your ass up! I'm a big fan of the new design overall glad to see her buffed. Loved ZSS in brawl I look forward to playing with her again.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I just need to point something out:
The Nintendo 3DS can easily handle the Transformations. it's stronger and more powerful than the GameCube, which handled Zelda/Sheik transforming even better than Brawl could've.

I just need to say that the whole "Seperate Characters" thing isn' for the sake of the 3DS, just so everyone knows. way too many people think the 3DS is weaker than the GameCube and can't handle everything Sakurai's putting on it when it's not true at all.

I'm just saying.
Sorry for straying from the topic.
Umm... Zelda/Sheik were loaded into Melee as one character, or something iirc. I'm not too knowledgeable on why it was faster, but it wasn't because the gamecube processed them faster. The Wii had to load Zelda and Sheik as if you were picking a new character, each and every time you transformed, same for going from ZSS to Samus, and vice-versa.

I just want alternate costumes, soon.

Top Bottom