• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about Zero Suit Samus's new look and moves?

Do you love Zero Suit Samus's new look/moves?

• I love both her new look and her moves!

Votes: 228 73.8%
  • I love her new look but I dislike her new moves

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • I dislike her new look but love her new moves

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • I hate what they did to samus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why the high heels?

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Sakurai trolling Ridley fans again

Votes: 27 8.7%

• Total voters

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Quit crying pervert, Maikou. I'm sure the Roselina mains are having field day right now.

On note of the reflecting kick, if kicking a projectile in general will produce that effect, ZSS is on her way to glory.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Politically correct sensitive whining.
You need to grow up and objectify women like the rest of us.

Well, if I'm being honest, Samus being such a Barbie doll doesn't sit well with me. I mean, she's a battle hardened bounty hunter with a tortured past who spends most her time in a heavy metal suit. If anything her helmet hair should be mated from sweat and she should have hard lines in her face. She oughta look more like she did in Super Metroid. A buff hard ass.

And when the hell did she find the time to get a boob job anyway?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well, if I'm being honest, Samus being such a Barbie doll doesn't sit well with me. I mean, she's a battle hardened bounty hunter with a tortured past who spends most her time in a heavy metal suit. If anything her helmet hair should be mated from sweat and she should have hard lines in her face. She oughta look more like she did in Super Metroid. A buff hard ***.
As long as she doesn't have her "personality" from Other M, I can look past it.
Besides, I can respect a little femme power (though I sincerely doubt the devs were thinking about it that way).

Body mod is probably much easier and more accessible in the future. Transhumanism and all that.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Okay, guys, can we please stop with the boob jokes, hehe. As funny (and realistic) as they are, it's surely not an aspect to focus upon the character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You need to grow up and objectify women like the rest of us.

Well, if I'm being honest, Samus being such a Barbie doll doesn't sit well with me. I mean, she's a battle hardened bounty hunter with a tortured past who spends most her time in a heavy metal suit. If anything her helmet hair should be mated from sweat and she should have hard lines in her face. She oughta look more like she did in Super Metroid. A buff hard ***.

You know, considering how ZSS is on her own character slot this time, while in Brawl, she was only really seen after coming out of the Power Suit (sans SSE), the cleaner look actually makes sense, as we can assume she came straight to battle like that. I don't think her stage entry animation will be her coming out of the Power Suit, as I doubt the jet boots would fit inside.

As for the breasts, they aren't bigger. The Brawl model just had her breasts droop down, and the Zero Suit wrapped around them perfectly, as if the Zero Suit was a layer of skin. The new model actually realistically has the suit prop her breasts up in a firm position, and it doesn't wrap around her cleavage this time, which is what it should look like. Compare it to the biker outfits for the females in Mario Kart (or of a real life woman).

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
She looks pretty different, will be interesting to see how she fares without the armor pieces, and the new buffs to compensate for that. Also, if her new Up-B works the way I think it does (pulling in foes around her into the kicks), then she now has a pretty solid OOS option.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Cammy is my favorite in street fighter, and in general I like fighters who have emphasis on their kicking abilities better than the others. Add to this that she was already one of my main in Brawl and that she looks so much cooler (though the heels I feel kind of clash with the rest of her clothes), and you realize she was the best thing that happened this Direct.

At least to me.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The thing that I really like about this design is that the Jet Boots look like equipment that Samus puts on rather than an integral part of the Zero Suit that can never be removed. I can imagine Samus strolling around without the Jet heels when she's not gearing up for battle.

Also, I really don't mind all that much about her breasts. I mean, if her Brawl incarnation was based on Zero Mission and this on Other M, she has had a lot of time to mature from then to now. (I assume she was 17 in Zero Mission, but I could be totally wrong)

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm positive Samus is now mostly based on Other M (aside from personality of course. I honestly feel that was the only flaw with the game, though not having played it I admittedly don't have much room to talk), and I know for sure Brawl Samus was based on Super Metroid and Zero Mission. I think the jet boots idea mostly came from the whole "futuristic" thing with Metroid. after all, jet boots will probably be one of the first things we get in the next 50 years of technological advancements. either that or they just thought they looked bad*** enough to be on Samus' feet. don't get the high heels, but still, I think the jet boots and odd bracelet things look awesome on her.

and I agree on the whole "gearing up for battle" thing. :)

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think the boots is a stupid concept, i mean, wasn't Samus supposed to do superhuman acrobatics by herself?
They could have made the boots to appear only while using her new up b, like Diddy's rocketbarrel.

Design-wise the boots and bracelets looks like it not belongs in any Metroid game, it brokes even more the design.
What made them take this choices with Zamus' design?

Maikou

Smash Ace
we honestly can't be sure if the boots' only function is to add extra power to her kicks yet. I honestly love it. and Samus DOES do superhuman acrobatics by herself, do you see the boots firing out at every little motion she makes? no. no you don't.

they probably want to test out some new concepts without actually using a real game first. most people like the new design. Besides that fact, everyone in Smash Bros. is Superhuman in SOME way. Mac has extraordinary willpower, Link is the chosen bearer of the Triforce of Courage, Mario can jump 50 feet in the air in a single bound, Captain Falcon is as fast as a normal modern-day automobile (car), DK is smarter and stronger than the average ape, Diddy Kong has a f***ing peanut gun for crying out loud! besides, the jet boots could do other things Samus can't normally do in the Zero Suit, like space jump.

just because somebody has technology on them doesn't mean they need to use it for everything they do.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The thing that I really like about this design is that the Jet Boots look like equipment that Samus puts on rather than an integral part of the Zero Suit that can never be removed. I can imagine Samus strolling around without the Jet heels when she's not gearing up for battle.
Exactly how I feel on it. Said this Moveset Changes thread, but they could be redesigned versions of these:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think the boots is a stupid concept, i mean, wasn't Samus supposed to do superhuman acrobatics by herself?
They could have made the boots to appear only while using her new up b, like Diddy's rocketbarrel.

Design-wise the boots and bracelets looks like it not belongs in any Metroid game, it brokes even more the design.
What made them take this choices with Zamus' design?
If they spontaneously appeared only when Samus equipped them, people would be wondering when the hell Samus learned to shoot fire out of her feet. And if they only served that purpose, it looks like Samus is just pulling weapons out of nowhere.

Plus, even superhumans won't turn down a weapon if offered one.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If they spontaneously appeared only when Samus equipped them, people would be wondering when the hell Samus learned to shoot fire out of her feet. And if they only served that purpose, it looks like Samus is just pulling weapons out of nowhere.

Plus, even superhumans won't turn down a weapon if offered one.
Then they could had just gave her the other "cutting through air" VFXs, that other characters have, instead of the fire.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Love the new look and the new Uspec. Can't stand everything else, especially the fact that this pretty much slaps EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER in the face. Why is she taking up a whole spot? Like Sheik, she was fine as was.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Love the new look and the new Uspec. Can't stand everything else, especially the fact that this pretty much slaps EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER in the face. Why is she taking up a whole spot? Like Sheik, she was fine as was.
Um, we appear to be forgetting TOON LINK, Who was at first thought to be cut from the roster for appearing in a background? and I doubt she has her own character slot. you can probably pick between the two from Samus' slot via a system like Brawl's with Zelda/Sheik and PKMN Trainer Red. you have no reason to scream RIDLEY DISCONFIRMED SM4SH SUX111111!!!! just from a FREAKING SHADOW. besides, it kinda looked like Sakurai controlled Ridley there, and with WFT in, you never know who might turn up. Ridley could still be in.

"Like Sheik she was fine as she was" um, no. a lot of people hated the whole switching gimmick with Zelda/Sheik and the FORCED transformation whenever you used Samus' Zero Laser/Crystal Flash. plus this makes balancing easier, as Zelda and Sheik are now unique with each other. I like it. honestly, can you really say you enjoyed the fact that ALL of ZSS' attacks used her pistol/laser whip? no, I don't think you can. and if you do you're lying.

feel free to not like it, just don't complain about it so much.
EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER can still get they're fave as playable. YOU NEVER KNOW WITH SAKURAI, THE KING OF TROLLING.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Surprisingly, this doesn't really bother me actually. I guess because I'm just happy they fixed the worst problems I had with ZSS in Brawl as well as other transformation-based things. And whether or not Zamus does actually get her own separate spot on the roster, it still wouldn't change that she'll have gotten in over Ridley yet again if we don't get him again this time (as well as Dark Samus and anything else different from Metroid), so yeah.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Um, we appear to be forgetting TOON LINK, Who was at first thought to be cut from the roster for appearing in a background? and I doubt she has her own character slot. you can probably pick between the two from Samus' slot via a system like Brawl's with Zelda/Sheik and PKMN Trainer Red. you have no reason to scream RIDLEY DISCONFIRMED SM4SH SUX111111!!!! just from a FREAKING SHADOW. besides, it kinda looked like Sakurai controlled Ridley there, and with WFT in, you never know who might turn up. Ridley could still be in.

"Like Sheik she was fine as she was" um, no. a lot of people hated the whole switching gimmick with Zelda/Sheik and the FORCED transformation whenever you used Samus' Zero Laser/Crystal Flash. plus this makes balancing easier, as Zelda and Sheik are now unique with each other. I like it. honestly, can you really say you enjoyed the fact that ALL of ZSS' attacks used her pistol/laser whip? no, I don't think you can. and if you do you're lying.

feel free to not like it, just don't complain about it so much.
EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER can still get they're fave as playable. YOU NEVER KNOW WITH SAKURAI, THE KING OF TROLLING.
You also seem to forget that Ridley was shown with the captaion thats says "Bosses appear on other stages as well), where he and Yellow Devil were the only ones shown.

I also said that I LIKED sheik and zelda as was, not everybody liked it.

I also don't like that ZSS has a SEPARATE SPOT, not about her moveset.

How about you actually read the full post next time.

Maikou

Smash Ace
You also seem to forget that Ridley was shown with the captaion thats says "Bosses appear on other stages as well), where he and Yellow Devil were the only ones shown.

I also said that I LIKED sheik and zelda as was, not everybody liked it.

I also don't like that ZSS has a SEPARATE SPOT, not about her moveset.

How about you actually read the full post next time
I DID READ IT. maybe YOU should read MY post all the way through, AND THIS ONE AS WELL. and that STILL DOESN'T MEAN RIDLEY IS INSTANTLY DISCONFIRMED.
ZSS isn't taking any more space than she did before. besides, you can at LEAST be glad Ridley appears PERIOD. I really want Bandana Waddle Dee in Smash, but I'll be fine if he's and Assist Trophy.

YOU DON'T NEED TO COMPLAIN. we can't be SURE what Sakurai meant. Sure, Ridley appeared as he said that some bosses appear on stages, THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T REPLACABLE BY ANOTHER METROID ANTAGONIST.

PLUS the fact that Sakurai mentions that the GAME IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT, which means ANY THING CAN CHANGE AT ANY ONE TIME BEFORE THE RELEASE. you can still hope Ridley gets in, and if people will stop complaining, I'll gladly take Ridley as well as long as he doesn't replace somebody that CAN'T end up as a boss on a stage. I know the caption, but Sakurai said that anything seen there in the direct can change, and this also applies to everything else except the currently confirmed characters/stages/items. Bosses/hazards can change during development. give it time, you might get Ridley eventually. thought to be honest, complaining about it ISN'T GOING TO HELP YOUR CASE. in fact complaining will do the polar opposite.

Zero Suit Samus' case is just stupid on so many levels. Seriously, if you want to complain, the least you can do is give a good case for crying out loud. just because they no longer transform into one another, doesn't mean they don't STILL TAKE UP THE EXACT SAME SPOT.

Overall, this is my point:
Zero Suit and Power Suit Samus will still take up the exact same spot in the game. this doesn't include the website. (giving them seperate spots is something I KNOW Sakurai wouldn't do)
Ridley can still become playable. Sakurai aims to please. in this case, Sakurai gave some massive fanservice with Kirby's new Final Smash, Lucario's Mega Evolution, ZSS' buff, Charizard's return as a solo flier, Yoshi's changes, and a lot more. look at the positives and don't just conclude without 100% evidence thrown at you that you can throw back at me.

in this case, Sakurai even stated that things can change in develpment, so just stop complaining about it.

And don't give ME the "you didn't read the whole post" bullcrap. even if I hate something so much I don't read the whole thing, I just won't comment if I haven't read it thoroughly. I didn't miss a point, you just didn't read MY post the whole way through.
"this pretty much slaps EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER in the face. Why is she taking up a whole spot? Like Sheik, she was fine as was."
Pretty sure I read that whole thing right there.

DOESN'T MEAN RIDLEY IS AUTOMATICALLY DISCONFIRMED BECAUSE SAKURAI SAID THAT ANYTHING CAN CHANGE DURING DEVELOPMENT. AT THE VERY LEAST BE GLAD HE'S EVEN IN THE GAME SINCE THIS ONE WON'T HAVE AN ADVENTURE/STORY MODE LIKE THE LAST TWO.
ZSS CHANGES MEAN NOTHING TO RIDLEY

SHEIK AND ZSS STILL TAKE UP THE EXACT SAME SPOT SINCE THEY ARE STILL THE SAME PEOPLE OVERALL, THEY JUST HAVE NEW MOVES AND NO LONGER TURN IN TO ONE ANOTHER, OKAY?!

I'LL ALSO MENTION THAT I SAID NOTHING ABOUT HER MOVESET AND ADDRESSED HER CHARACTER SLOT

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I DID READ IT. maybe YOU should read MY post all the way through, AND THIS ONE AS WELL. and that STILL DOESN'T MEAN RIDLEY IS INSTANTLY DISCONFIRMED.
ZSS isn't taking any more space than she did before. besides, you can at LEAST be glad Ridley appears PERIOD. I really want Bandana Waddle Dee in Smash, but I'll be fine if he's and Assist Trophy.

YOU DON'T NEED TO COMPLAIN. we can't be SURE what Sakurai meant. Sure, Ridley appeared as he said that some bosses appear on stages, THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE ISN'T REPLACABLE BY ANOTHER METROID ANTAGONIST.

PLUS the fact that Sakurai mentions that the GAME IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT, which means ANY THING CAN CHANGE AT ANY ONE TIME BEFORE THE RELEASE. you can still hope Ridley gets in, and if people will stop complaining, I'll gladly take Ridley as well as long as he doesn't replace somebody that CAN'T end up as a boss on a stage. I know the caption, but Sakurai said that anything seen there in the direct can change, and this also applies to everything else except the currently confirmed characters/stages/items. Bosses/hazards can change during development. give it time, you might get Ridley eventually. thought to be honest, complaining about it ISN'T GOING TO HELP YOUR CASE. in fact complaining will do the polar opposite.

Zero Suit Samus' case is just stupid on so many levels. Seriously, if you want to complain, the least you can do is give a good case for crying out loud. just because they no longer transform into one another, doesn't mean they don't STILL TAKE UP THE EXACT SAME SPOT.

Overall, this is my point:
Zero Suit and Power Suit Samus will still take up the exact same spot in the game. this doesn't include the website. (giving them seperate spots is something I KNOW Sakurai wouldn't do)
Ridley can still become playable. Sakurai aims to please. in this case, Sakurai gave some massive fanservice with Kirby's new Final Smash, Lucario's Mega Evolution, ZSS' buff, Charizard's return as a solo flier, Yoshi's changes, and a lot more. look at the positives and don't just conclude without 100% evidence thrown at you that you can throw back at me.

in this case, Sakurai even stated that things can change in develpment, so just stop complaining about it.

And don't give ME the "you didn't read the whole post" bullcrap. even if I hate something so much I don't read the whole thing, I just won't comment if I haven't read it thoroughly. I didn't miss a point, you just didn't read MY post the whole way through.
"this pretty much slaps EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER in the face. Why is she taking up a whole spot? Like Sheik, she was fine as was."
Pretty sure I read that whole thing right there.

DOESN'T MEAN RIDLEY IS AUTOMATICALLY DISCONFIRMED BECAUSE SAKURAI SAID THAT ANYTHING CAN CHANGE DURING DEVELOPMENT. AT THE VERY LEAST BE GLAD HE'S EVEN IN THE GAME SINCE THIS ONE WON'T HAVE AN ADVENTURE/STORY MODE LIKE THE LAST TWO.
ZSS CHANGES MEAN NOTHING TO RIDLEY

SHEIK AND ZSS STILL TAKE UP THE EXACT SAME SPOT SINCE THEY ARE STILL THE SAME PEOPLE OVERALL, THEY JUST HAVE NEW MOVES AND NO LONGER TURN IN TO ONE ANOTHER, OKAY?!

I'LL ALSO MENTION THAT I SAID NOTHING ABOUT HER MOVESET AND ADDRESSED HER CHARACTER SLOT

First thing, you need to calm the **** down. All I'm doing is stating my opinions and theories on what I saw. It's not like this is the most important thing in the world. Stop acting like a douchey little kid and try to treat others with respect whether you agree or not.
You aren't Sakurai, you don't know what he does but generally we accept him around here as a trolling dude.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide

I really like her change this time around. She seemed a little bland in Brawl IMO. The jet boots are a nice touch, since the high heels seemed a little silly on their own.

The moveset update is nice as well.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
First thing, you need to calm the **** down. All I'm doing is stating my opinions and theories on what I saw. It's not like this is the most important thing in the world. Stop acting like a douchey little kid and try to treat others with respect whether you agree or not.
You aren't Sakurai, you don't know what he does but generally we accept him around here as a trolling dude.
I'm 14 and I'm easily irritated. Treating others with respect is for those who deserve that respect, and you just assumed I didn't read all of your short little post.

I HATE it when somebody assumes something about me when it's incorrect. I read the whole thing, but it seemed like you didn't read mine. do you really expect me to respect you when you just up and assume I didn't read your whole post? the least you could do is ask if I read it before commenting on it, and then correcting me.

I KNOW I'm not Sakurai, if I was, then Ridley, among others, would have been confirmed as playable a long time ago to satisfy people like EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER.
and for the record, you didn't sound very "theorist" when you commented on my post. it sounded more like you were a Ridley Fanboy who just wouldn't shut up until they got the blasted space dragon.

ZSS didn't take up an extra space in the game, and Ridley could still get in. overall, that right there is ALL I was saying. seriously. Zelda/Sheik still have the same slot, and so do both of Samus' forms, which means we still have a slot for another Metroid representative.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm 14 and I'm easily irritated. Treating others with respect is for those who deserve that respect, and you just assumed I didn't read all of your short little post.

I HATE it when somebody assumes something about me when it's incorrect. I read the whole thing, but it seemed like you didn't read mine. do you really expect me to respect you when you just up and assume I didn't read your whole post? the least you could do is ask if I read it before commenting on it, and then correcting me.

I KNOW I'm not Sakurai, if I was, then Ridley, among others, would have been confirmed as playable a long time ago to satisfy people like EVERY RIDLEY FAN EVER.
and for the record, you didn't sound very "theorist" when you commented on my post. it sounded more like you were a Ridley Fanboy who just wouldn't shut up until they got the blasted space dragon.

ZSS didn't take up an extra space in the game, and Ridley could still get in. overall, that right there is ALL I was saying. seriously. Zelda/Sheik still have the same slot, and so do both of Samus' forms, which means we still have a slot for another Metroid representative.
A. That still doesn't give you an excuse to act like a yelling, obnoxious little ****. I can see you are fairly new, so I'm cutting some slack.
B. I'm not a Ridley fanboy - I'm actually rather nuetral on him. Yeah, he'd be cool, BUT I never saw him as likely and I'm not butthurt that he is practically deconfirmed now. Just admit it. Stop living in a lie.
C. You say Zelda/Sheik, and ZSS/Samus have the same spot. Let's see some proof, since you apparently see it as fact rather than speculation.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
can we not fight? you guys are basically asking a mod to lock this thread. . .
I love how reflective it is, i Can't wait for Summer

Maikou

Smash Ace
A. That still doesn't give you an excuse to act like a yelling, obnoxious little ****. I can see you are fairly new, so I'm cutting some slack.
B. I'm not a Ridley fanboy - I'm actually rather nuetral on him. Yeah, he'd be cool, BUT I never saw him as likely and I'm not butthurt that he is practically deconfirmed now. Just admit it. Stop living in a lie.
C. You say Zelda/Sheik, and ZSS/Samus have the same spot. Let's see some proof, since you apparently see it as fact rather than speculation.
I'm not living in a lie.

Honestly at the moment I'm hating every inch of my spinal chord, and pain causes frustration.

look, overall I'm just saying, you sounded like a fanboy with that comment.
I'm not being obnoxious, you just don't seem to get my point.

I think I'll take back that comment on them being in the same slot and fix it.
Since Melee, Zelda/Sheik have had the exact same character slot. in Melee, to play as Sheik at the start of a match without using Down-B, one had to hold A when selecting a stage. In Brawl, this was changed so that all you had to do was click Sheik's picture on the Zelda select icon/picture thing, and the slot was referred to as Zelda/Sheik. the same concept to choose a character/form applied to PKMN Trainer, whose slot was shared by Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. then there was Samus, who to become Zero suit at the start of a match had a similar concept to Zelda/Sheik in Melee. Now, is Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS, ZSS and Sheik are no longer interchangeable when playing as their counterparts, Samus and Zelda respectively. however, there is no reason to use up an extra character slot for these two characters on their own as they are the same person as their counterparts. I'm using an educated guess on how Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS will work. I'm predicting, expecting these characters to be interchangeable from the same slot on the menu, in system like Brawl (or SSB Crusade if you play that game), where all you do is go down to the selected character's portrait and select the other character from there. it's simple, easy, and the best part? it doesn't waste a character slot that can used for somebody else!

based on that info, I'm 99% sure that Sakurai will perform something at least similar to this in the actual game, instead of doing like Project M and wasting extra slots on interchangeable characters. I was unintentionally being biased in my theory before, taking it as fact because I view it as extremely likely.

I apoligize now, I misunderstood your post. I'm sorry. do you think you could possibly explain your reasons sooner next time, so we might avoid this? (....I sound so stupidly childish don't I?)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm not living in a lie.

Honestly at the moment I'm hating every inch of my spinal chord, and pain causes frustration.

look, overall I'm just saying, you sounded like a fanboy with that comment.
I'm not being obnoxious, you just don't seem to get my point.

I think I'll take back that comment on them being in the same slot and fix it.
Since Melee, Zelda/Sheik have had the exact same character slot. in Melee, to play as Sheik at the start of a match without using Down-B, one had to hold A when selecting a stage. In Brawl, this was changed so that all you had to do was click Sheik's picture on the Zelda select icon/picture thing, and the slot was referred to as Zelda/Sheik. the same concept to choose a character/form applied to PKMN Trainer, whose slot was shared by Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. then there was Samus, who to become Zero suit at the start of a match had a similar concept to Zelda/Sheik in Melee. Now, is Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS, ZSS and Sheik are no longer interchangeable when playing as their counterparts, Samus and Zelda respectively. however, there is no reason to use up an extra character slot for these two characters on their own as they are the same person as their counterparts. I'm using an educated guess on how Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS will work. I'm predicting, expecting these characters to be interchangeable from the same slot on the menu, in system like Brawl (or SSB Crusade if you play that game), where all you do is go down to the selected character's portrait and select the other character from there. it's simple, easy, and the best part? it doesn't waste a character slot that can used for somebody else!

based on that info, I'm 99% sure that Sakurai will perform something at least similar to this in the actual game, instead of doing like Project M and wasting extra slots on interchangeable characters. I was unintentionally being biased in my theory before, taking it as fact because I view it as extremely likely.

I apoligize now, I misunderstood your post. I'm sorry. do you think you could possibly explain your reasons sooner next time, so we might avoid this? (....I sound so stupidly childish don't I?)
It's fine. You're still better than the 8 billions "Goku for SSB4" Miiverse posters. Although to be fari, who isn't :troll:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't like Zero Suit Samus' high heels. Their design doesn't fit with her character, she doesn't look like the kind of woman to wear pumps.

Maikou

Smash Ace
It's fine. You're still better than the 8 billions "Goku for SSB4" Miiverse posters. Although to be fari, who isn't :troll:
Oh, dear Lord Arceus above don't remind me of those guys!
well, then again to be fair, some people are going around saying freaking Shrek or the PowerPuff Girls should be in Smash!
I don't like Zero Suit Samus' high heels. Their design doesn't fit with her character, she doesn't look like the kind of woman to wear pumps.
I agree. the jet boots look awesome, but those high heels just murder them so much....however, I should mention a redeeming factor: with them, Samus effortlessly kicked a GORDO enemy RIGHT BACK AT DEDEDE! you freaking know your shoes (and yourself) are AWESOME when you can kick a freaking spiked ball back at the person who threw it, WITH NO EFFORT AT ALL! Samus is a bad*** in all things. Except Metroid Other M -_- seriously, how did they screw up her personality so much? I like the idea of Samus being a "real character" but that was not the way to do it.....
At least Sakurai found a way to justify them...
I like your signature.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Warning Received
Just so people will shut up about the Ridley debate:

Look at the caption. Then look at how organic the wing looks.

He's a boss stage hazard. Get over it. He was a boss in Brawl, I don't understand why people actually expected him to be anything besides that.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Just so people will shut up about the Ridley debate:

Look at the caption. Then look at how organic the wing looks.

He's a boss stage hazard. Get over it. He was a boss in Brawl, I don't understand why people actually expected him to be anything besides that.
Is this really the place to bring that up? There's a Ridley thread for a reason... and no one was talking about him here anyway.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh, dear Lord Arceus above don't remind me of those guys!
well, then again to be fair, some people are going around saying freaking Shrek or the PowerPuff Girls should be in Smash!

I agree. the jet boots look awesome, but those high heels just murder them so much....however, I should mention a redeeming factor: with them, Samus effortlessly kicked a GORDO enemy RIGHT BACK AT DEDEDE! you freaking know your shoes (and yourself) are AWESOME when you can kick a freaking spiked ball back at the person who threw it, WITH NO EFFORT AT ALL! Samus is a bad*** in all things. Except Metroid Other M -_- seriously, how did they screw up her personality so much? I like the idea of Samus being a "real character" but that was not the way to do it.....

I like your signature.
I like ZSS' fighting style, but I am just nitpicking with her high heels.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is this really the place to bring that up? There's a Ridley thread for a reason... and no one was talking about him here anyway.
Maikou and Keybladeguy were just a few minutes ago.

I'm just leaving that image there so there is no room for further debate on Ridley, and we can get back to the topic matter at hand.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Maikou and Keybladeguy were just a few minutes ago.

I'm just leaving that image there so there is no room for further debate on Ridley, and we can get back to the topic matter at hand.
They last talked about 30 minutes ago, and since then we've already gotten a new topic... my point still stands, but whatever.

Top Bottom