• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about Zero Suit Samus's new look and moves?

Do you love Zero Suit Samus's new look/moves?

• I love both her new look and her moves!

Votes: 228 73.8%
  • I love her new look but I dislike her new moves

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • I dislike her new look but love her new moves

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • I hate what they did to samus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why the high heels?

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Sakurai trolling Ridley fans again

Votes: 27 8.7%

• Total voters

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think she looks so much better. I wasn't a fan of hers in Brawl cause she didn't look interesting but now she really does.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You know, I could see a new Metroid title based on playing Samus in her Power Suit in some sections, and the Zero Suit in others. While the Power Suit could focus on weaponry and shielding, the Zero Suit could be more athletic and melee-based. Heck, the Zero Suit could act as its own Metroid title in itself.
Possible Zero Suit upgrades for this theoretical game:

Jet Boots: Hi-Jump Boot upgrade. Allows Samus to run up walls.

Laser Whip: Grapple Beam upgrade. Secondary means of attacking enemies, grapples frozen enemies and walls.

Gravity Pack: Gravity Suit adaptation for the Zero Suit. Unimpeded movement while swimming in aquatic areas or floating in zero-g.

Power Grenade: Launch projectile that has momentum and is influenced by gravity and fluids. Activation locks grenades in place for a second before detonation. Use for hard-to-reach bombable blocks and bomb jumps.

danschemen

Smash Rookie
She's going to be an awesome character! It's nice that they're separating all the characters that used to be a pair so they can work harder to make them more unique.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
All i know is she has better move from the looks of it and has a better up B than what she had. She is going to be dangerous alright.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Can you people just shut up about her boobs?! seriously am I the only male left in existance who ISN'T a perverted freak?! to me it looks more like "they" are smaller.

ugh, my personal hate for my own gender aside, Zero Suit Samus looks like the most boss space lady in existance. I love everything about her new design and what I've seen of her moveset. the new Zero Suit could be awesome in the next Metroid game.

honestly, the only things I can hope for with Zero Suit Samus now are;
1: people to shut up about her "attributes"
2: an awesome Final Smash
3: to see this new Smash ZSS get put into a Metroid game and kick some ***

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Can you people just shut up about her boobs?! seriously am I the only male left in existance who ISN'T a perverted freak?!
to me it looks more like "they" are smaller.
lol

I love that her suit has more contrast this game so isn't nearly as bland looking. The heels are fantastic for me since I've a penchant for the fabulous (she's being compared to Bayonetta? **** yes!) Was interested in Brawl but not enough to warrant much focus, although this time she'll be harder to resist. ;)

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
honestly her shapeliness should not be a major topic unless Sukurai made her shoot laser's from "them", grow up guys and stay classy, them rocket heels though

Maikou

Smash Ace
I just wish that everywhere I went with a female character I didn't get "yay boobz" I'm sick of it to no end.

on a more related note, I'm wondering what they'll do with those bracelets....they seem like part of the jet boots, but they're not attached at all...

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
All i know is she has better move from the looks of it and has a better up B than what she had. She is going to be dangerous alright.
She now has a solid OoS ability, which is what I'm most excited for. I'm hoping her UpB is a solid punisher with a decent KO percentage, but being a multi-hit move, it seems like DI might ruin it, a bit. Hope it's not the case, though.

Can you people just shut up about her boobs?! seriously am I the only male left in existance who ISN'T a perverted freak?! to me it looks more like "they" are smaller.
ZSS is the poster child for SSB(Super Sized Boobs). It's just a side effect of having a sexy character as a main.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

ugh, my personal hate for my own gender aside, Zero Suit Samus looks like the most boss space lady in existance. I love everything about her new design and what I've seen of her moveset. the new Zero Suit could be awesome in the next Metroid game.

honestly, the only things I can hope for with Zero Suit Samus now are;
1: people to shut up about her "attributes"
2: an awesome Final Smash
3: to see this new Smash ZSS get put into a Metroid game and kick some ***
Simply stating that her breasts got bigger isn't perverted. That's an observation.
Saying she's hot is more along those lines but, still, it's really not.
I haven't seen anything beyond that which would be getting into prevent territory.
And she, obviously, was intended to be more sexualized than her Brawl version. There's a playboy bunny reference in one of her pics, seriously.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While she looks a bit glamourous for a cold, reclusive space bounty hunter, I can't say she doesn't look amazing. She'd be a perfect model!

The jet heels are brilliant though, and she looks more interesting to use than before because of them.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I love the new look; don't know why the boots are getting hate. Her U+B also looks to be much better. I wanted to play as her in Brawl but couldn't because i was terrible at her recovery and side smash. So overall, great change with no complaints.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The zero suit looks more like a jumpsuit than a second skin, it was weird how each of her boobs was clearly outlined in her brawl suit, when in reality the suit would be stretched between them like in her new design. It was a small thing from Brawl that bugged me.
I'm not a fan of all the extra little neon trinkets she's wearing, and her design looks more anime than the realistic brawl design, which I guess is alright because shes a vidyagame character.

The heels made me think of Bayonetta, new samus is Bayonetta as fu#@.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
The zero suit looks more like a jumpsuit than a second skin, it was weird how each of her boobs was clearly outlined in her brawl suit, when in reality the suit would be stretched between them like in her new design. It was a small thing from Brawl that bugged me.
I'm not a fan of all the extra little neon trinkets she's wearing, and her design looks more anime than the realistic brawl design, which I guess is alright because shes a vidyagame character.

The heels made me think of Bayonetta, new samus is Bayonetta as fu#@.
.....So THAT's why I felt more comfortable looking at the new Zero Suit! "they" aren't as uh....prominent, I guess, as before!....and why I thought "they" were smaller.

I honestly don't care about the whole high heels thing, besides honestly seeming like something completely NOT Samus. I love the jet boots she has now. overall, Samus just seems a lot more Rated E now, and that's a very much good thing. Smash Bros is a family oriented/family friendly game. at least besides Brawl (did anyone else notice the red spots on Master Hand when he/it attacked Tabuu?). as I've stated, Melee was only T rated because the E10+ rating didn't exist in 2001 when Melee was released. Besides that, the original Super Smash Brothers for the N64 was rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. I'm honestly convinced that unless Nintendo wants to make video games oriented only for adults, the next Smash Bros will be E10+ rated. I'm very much approving of the actually covered look I'm seeing on Samus now. (can I just mention that a lot of people, including myself, used to think Melee was E rated? just saying)

ZSS just overall looks much better from her Brawl counterpart. I really love how they mostly replaced her whip with kicks and such. shows that Samus actually did undergo training with the Galactic Federation and Chozo. (the manga states that Samus trained her athletic skills with the Chozo, and Other M states that Samus trained to be a federation soldier. [just a side note, kinda almost justifies the whole "authorization" thing])
With those shoes she looks like a stripper, yummy
Get out. just get out now. leave.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
.....So THAT's why I felt more comfortable looking at the new Zero Suit! "they" aren't as uh....prominent, I guess, as before!....and why I thought "they" were smaller.

I honestly don't care about the whole high heels thing, besides honestly seeming like something completely NOT Samus. I love the jet boots she has now. overall, Samus just seems a lot more Rated E now, and that's a very much good thing. Smash Bros is a family oriented/family friendly game. at least besides Brawl (did anyone else notice the red spots on Master Hand when he/it attacked Tabuu?). as I've stated, Melee was only T rated because the E10+ rating didn't exist in 2001 when Melee was released. Besides that, the original Super Smash Brothers for the N64 was rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. I'm honestly convinced that unless Nintendo wants to make video games oriented only for adults, the next Smash Bros will be E10+ rated. I'm very much approving of the actually covered look I'm seeing on Samus now. (can I just mention that a lot of people, including myself, used to think Melee was E rated? just saying)

ZSS just overall looks much better from her Brawl counterpart. I really love how they mostly replaced her whip with kicks and such. shows that Samus actually did undergo training with the Galactic Federation and Chozo. (the manga states that Samus trained her athletic skills with the Chozo, and Other M states that Samus trained to be a federation soldier. [just a side note, kinda almost justifies the whole "authorization" thing])

Get out. just get out now. leave.
Don't harass people for expressing a slight lust for the character (or, what could be a joke comment). As long as people keep it within reason, there is nothing wrong with speaking about the character in that way, especially if people genuinely like Samus for her other traits too.

On the rating thing though, it's funny the ratings were that way. The VC release of Smash 64 on Wii received PEGI 7+, the later prints (specifically the Player's Choice prints) received PEGI 3+, and Brawl received PEGI 12+. The new games are also getting PEGI 12+.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
Who cares guys? What matters is she's back with epic kick moves. Vega with rocket boots here to kick it up a notch.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Don't harass people for expressing a slight lust for the character (or, what could be a joke comment). As long as people keep it within reason, there is nothing wrong with speaking about the character in that way, especially if people genuinely like Samus for her other traits too.

On the rating thing though, it's funny the ratings were that way. The VC release of Smash 64 on Wii received PEGI 7+, the later prints (specifically the Player's Choice prints) received PEGI 3+, and Brawl received PEGI 12+. The new games are also getting PEGI 12+.
Look, I just seriously don't like it when I see something that can be interpreted as perverted, because I seriously don't need to see a naked female.

As for ratings, your basicaly saying Smash has almost always been rated E/10+? If that's true, I'm honestly glad. I do actually care about the ratings on a game very much. I always stay away from M rated content and almost never go to T rated material unless I find it appropriate enough for myself.

I guess overall I'm just glad Samus' Zero Suit is more approperiate. and those upgrades look freaking awesome!

thespymachine

Smash Ace
More like ****-Suit Samus.
Am I right?!

*to self*
Why?
Why do I do this to myself?
Why do I even care about Nintendo any more...?

Last edited:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
It's gotta be said, I'm loving both the new model and the new moves. Going to be an interesting contender for my main.

It's also gotta be said: you needn't be so militant, Maikou. Just take it easy and leave people to their own opinions.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Look, I just seriously don't like it when I see something that can be interpreted as perverted, because I seriously don't need to see a naked female.

As for ratings, your basicaly saying Smash has almost always been rated E/10+? If that's true, I'm honestly glad. I do actually care about the ratings on a game very much. I always stay away from M rated content and almost never go to T rated material unless I find it appropriate enough for myself.

I guess overall I'm just glad Samus' Zero Suit is more approperiate. and those upgrades look freaking awesome!

It's just a joke, don't take it so seriously; english is not my native language, so maybe I could said something that sounds bad but is not my intention

Maikou

Smash Ace
It's gotta be said, I'm loving both the new model and the new moves. Going to be an interesting contender for my main.

It's also gotta be said: you needn't be so militant, Maikou. Just take it easy and leave people to their own opinions.
Well, considering I'm a charmeleon.....I'm sure you can guess I'm not exactly the calmest person around. I can't stand people who just give negatives out without even giving reasons.

I'm tempermental okay? (and please for the love of life, can someone break the Villager memes in half and throw them out the window? I'm so sick of the psychopathic murder everyone makes him out to be just from his wierd smile. he probably isn't fully programed yet and besides....Smash is a friendly sports competition for these characters, so he's probably just having fun. not every eternal smile is evil unless they specifically stare into your soul as they smile, which villager doesn't)

I'll leave people to their own opinions, I just wish I didn't have to deal with a readl stereotype everywhere online. Seriously, pervs everywhere online make me hate my own gender, the whole "villager is a psychopth and killer and blah blah" thing going on, Seeing a "yay boobz lolzorz" every time Zero Suit Samus is even thought of, and many other things.

I just love how the new Samus model actually looks like Samus is wearing something....Brawl's Zero Suit.....*shudder*

Thor

Smash Champion
Maikou said:
seriously am I the only male left in existance who ISN'T a perverted freak?!
Hello. I exist. So no.

I just realized one nerf ZSS got: She has no armor pieces to use at the start of a match. Brawl ZSS mains now have a whole bunch of item control that will not benefit them in every MU (like vs Marth or Pikachu) and she won't have all the item tricks she had thanks to her suit pieces. Thought it would be worth pointing out.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hello. I exist. So no.
so you are a male and you are not a pervert? (just checking. can't be too careful online)
I just realized one nerf ZSS got: She has no armor pieces to use at the start of a match. Brawl ZSS mains now have a whole bunch of item control that will not benefit them in every MU (like vs Marth or Pikachu) and she won't have all the item tricks she had thanks to her suit pieces. Thought it would be worth pointing out.
Honestly I think the buffing from the jet boots make up for that. then again, I don't play competitively(mostly because it's much more complex than casual play), so I don't really know what people are talking about half the time.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So much tension going on lol...
I tend to just like maining the hotties because destroying players with them is extra satisfying.
Also maybe the hotter they are the easier it is to distract your enemies with them ;P.

Hello. I exist. So no.

Damn that is totally true, It would be kinda unfortunate but than realization dawned on me that I currently need a lot of work on those pieces in my matches xD,

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
Maikou said:
so you are a male and you are not a pervert? (just checking. can't be too careful online)
Yes [and I'm straight too, although as a high-school senior, I can say a lot of guys I know are perverts/idiots]. And for a reason armor pieces matter, look up "APEX 2013 Salem vs Dojo" - in it, Salem loses the first match, but opens up the second match with a zero-to-death combo thanks to an armor piece - those things often gave ZSS huge leads in matches. The match itself is actually in my opinion one of Salem's best-to-watch sets from APEX 2013, probably after his sets versus M2K and Otori.

pichuthedk said:
Also maybe the hotter they are the easier it is to distract your enemies with them ;P.
They're pretty terrible at this game if the onscreen character distracts them enough so they don't fight properly. That also only works versus straight males and lesbian females, if at all.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
[qu
Yes [and I'm straight too]. And for a reason armor pieces matter, look up "APEX 2013 Salem vs Dojo" - in it, Salem loses the first match, but opens up the second match with a zero-to-death combo thanks to an armor piece - those things often gave ZSS huge leads in matches. The match itself is actually in my opinion one of Salem's best-to-watch sets from APEX 2013, probably after his sets versus M2K and Otori.

They're pretty terrible at this game if the onscreen character distracts them enough so they don't fight properly. That also only works versus straight males and lesbian females, if at all.
I thank any and all celestial/divine entities for meeting you sir. good day.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Yo, when did Samus learn Cammy's Cannon Spike as her recovery, LOL?
Seriously, compare Samus' new recovery to Cammy's Cannon Spike; very similar.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yes [and I'm straight too, although as a high-school senior, I can say a lot of guys I know are perverts/idiots].

Ignore me was a pitiful stupid lame joke to try and relive the tensions ;p but it looks like the celestial beings have helped us out a bit. :D
Yo, when did Samus learn Cammy's Cannon Spike as her recovery, LOL?
Seriously, compare Samus' new recovery to Cammy's Cannon Spike; very similar.
Guess we will find out.

Top Bottom