• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate about Lucas?

lil cj

Smash Lord
I fear that Lucas may not return in SSB4:(
He isnt very popular and people say he sucks(I dont think so)
He may be replaced with another Earthbound character/Ness clone
Thats what happened to Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Dr. Mario
All of them werent as good as their originals or that popular and ended up getting cut
Lucas is heading in that direction:(

Another thing that might happen is Ness might be replaced by Lucas like originally planned in Melee
and he will get all of Ness' attributes mixed with his own attributes
That would be bad for Ness mains but Lucas would be a beast
He would have speed, good/high priority aerials, strong smashes, great recovery options, and PK thunder would be have the projectory of Lucas' PKT and the power of Ness' PKT.
That would be great:)

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Well for one they have said in the past that this will be the last ssb game they will be making (which I doubt is actually true) and even so there is absolutely no proof that Lucas will be kicked off. Just because characters in previous ssb games have been kicked out does not mean at all that Lucas won't be in the next game (if there even will be a next one). And I'm sorry to say but Lucas does suck pretty bad as a character.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
^^^^^
I'm trying to not let the others member if not say anything offensive to me like that.
Did somebody not like Lucas or what? How should I report your post like that?

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'm with you guys, but I'm not with you guys at the same time. Lucas is bad, but not terrible. More potential than previously though to have had. :\ But if he were to rise in the tier list, it wouldn't be by very much.

Though I think he would return. He isn't just some sidekick from a Mother game - he was the lead in Mother 3, and in Mother 1, the lead was Ninten, who basically evolved into Ness (still a rearrangement of the acronym SNES -_-) Lucas isn't a clone either, he's completely different from Ness. I think he'll just get buffed in SSB4, if there is one. I have my doubts.

Levitas

the moon
Speculation about future games has very little relevance here and now.

Let's wait to see how the wind is blowing closer to the next game. Like when it's announced.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Speculation about future games has very little relevance here and now.

Let's wait to see how the wind is blowing closer to the next game. Like when it's announced.
Yeah, that. It's pretty pointless to speculate about a game that currently doesn't exist.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
^^^^^
I'm trying to not let the others member if not say anything offensive to me like that.
Did somebody not like Lucas or what? How should I report your post like that?
um...what? That post made almost no sense. for one I was talking to lil cj for another thing I wasn't even saying anything offensive so really man chill out

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
um...what? That post made almost no sense. for one I was talking to lil cj for another thing I wasn't even saying anything offensive so really man chill out
dont you know what i'm refrencing?:laugh:
that was the reaction i was looking for
i wasnt serious at all lol. i'm actually really laughing out loud

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204422 <----i've been reading this thread waaay to much. i'm talking like someone in this thread. read his post on the top of page 9

if u dont wanna click the link, here's the post

My grammars are good, I did not troll, this topic isn't trolling, I'm just trying to let the members not to say any offensive to me. And it's you if you said I have terrible grammars and spelling, and you know what, how should I report your post like that? Oh yes, telling me that I have bad grammars and spelling, how should you teach me like that? You know what, it's time to make my report.
thats what i'm imitating. it wasnt anything personal =]

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Hate how lucas's pkt2 always seems do past by my opponent for me, i'll do about 10 damage and go shooting past them, unlike ness who slams them miles away

Also hate the lag on up smash, but the power of it almost makes up for it

And whenever i try using his teather, i seem to miss and then screw up the recovery :D

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Hate how lucas's pkt2 always seems do past by my opponent for me, i'll do about 10 damage and go shooting past them, unlike ness who slams them miles away
That only happens when the opponent is right next to you when you first start PKT2. It kills around 130%. I dunno, I never use PKT2 as a attack. x_x A perfect PKT2 from Lucas I think does 33%. :chuckle:

Ness has the knockback, Lucas has the damage.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I just tested it and the most I could do was 43%. Only works when your VERY close to your opponent at low percents. Easier on heavies.
I was confused, the first hit of PKT2 doesn't connect with the other hits at around 70%. No matter how close are to your opponent. Good DI could also avoid the other hits......

43% is pretty crazy though. :psycho:

Levitas

the moon
43 +12 for the tailwhip to PKT to PKt2 if they SDI correctly = 55% as the maximum. I don't think it's possible for them to get tailwhipped and hit by the bolt twice and hit by the full pkt2.

labrand7

Smash Cadet
i just mostly hate everything especially the up+b/up+2 it is very hard to use and i just mean you could hit the ground sometimes so you really can't jump with him

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Slow startup, and if someone gets behind you, they have a good shot at you.
Jigglypuff rest is a good example. They get behind you, they have a half a second window to get a rest in.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
When you use dsmash there's a small hitbox on Lucas's back...
It has more knockback than fsmash too. Barely.

Yio

Smash Rookie
The way he says PK fire sounds really desperate, and that annoys me. Especially when someone is spamming it..

Uffe

Smash Hero
If it weren't for his grab and PKT, I'd use him. Other than that, I really have no problem with him. For those dissing his d-smash, it's pretty good. It usually gets me whenever I try to attack from above, which is odd. If Ness' d-smash were like that on top with the Yo-yo, it'd be so godly.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hate how the other Lucas mainers don't like omelets. D:
I actually really enjoy them.

I'd like for there to be a way to cancel PKT, so it wouldn't go on until it hits something or just goes too far.

Levitas

the moon
I like omelets. They're the only form of eggs I actually like.

That said, cancelling PKT is something I often wish for.

@Uffe, Lucas's grab is good for a few really specific things. It grabs people when they feel safe :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
I like omelets. They're the only form of eggs I actually like.

That said, cancelling PKT is something I often wish for.

@Uffe, Lucas's grab is good for a few really specific things. It grabs people when they feel safe :)
Yes. I remember bringing up canceling in a topic or a blog on All is Brawl. That'd be really awesome if Ness and Lucas could do that. Like just press the R or L button and it goes in the last direction it was heading. As for Lucas' grab, I can't stand even Toon Link's grab. I never feel safe with those types of grabs unless I'm using Olimar.

I mean I don't need to grab my opponent every so often, but when I want to, I miss sometimes and with characters with extended grab range, I never feel safe. I suppose I'd have to learn how to pivot grab, which isn't difficult, but takes a little more effort. Also, steak and omeletes, please.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yes. With Ness or Wario, I can just grab and if I miss, my chances of getting punished are slimmer than that of Toon Link's or in this case, Lucas'. Either way, I'll eventually learn how to make better use of extended grabs with Toon Link.

Top Bottom