• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate about Lucas?

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys hate about Lucas's moveset, tier position, role in the SSE, or matchups. The reason I started this is too see why so many people hate Lucas. I understand that he has some bad things about him, but I wanna see what you guys think.

I personally love Mother 3, his tilts, and his taunts (except Utaunt).

I hate his Usmash, and Fair. And he sounds pitiful when he dies, and his victory pose with the stick is........creepy.

What do you guys think?

Chuee

Smash Hero
I hate that all of his useful AT's are really easy with b-stick, which i cant use :(

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Gotta say I hate almost everything about Lucas but my number one rant is his useless Z-Air.....WHY DOESNT IT DO ANYTHING!?

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
So, lemme ask you guys this. With all the stuff that you hate about Lucas, some of you said you hate almost everything, then why do you main him? I main him because I liked Mother 3.

Levitas

the moon
only two people expressed overall dissatisfaction.

I think it's funny that he has some moves that actually generate frame advantage on shield, a real rarity in brawl. It's too bad his game is screwed up so hard by a couple blind spots, shoddy range, and a few really bad matchups.

PsytricSword

Smash Cadet
His usmash is useless! Pretty hard to get the hit(s) in. =/ (unless 2v2 or 4 ffa)
I main him cause he feels like the good ol' Ness back in smash64. I couldn't use ness in melee...
Plus, he's a lonely kid, he needs more attention ^_^. Actually, screw Lucas, I main Claus! >=D

Edit: Hm, well, usmash is good against ppl getting on stage from ledge. Still it has loads of lag! One miss....gg? =b

Yeah, agreed with whoever said zair should hit. That snake looks vicious! Why wont it bite?

Smash0360

Smash Rookie
I hate how slow his stupid grab is...he needs to throw that snake in the trash and use his hands. And I don't like how everyone and their grandmothers can just shield grab out of his dtilt. I main lucas because I was going down the list of every character and seeing who I had a natural knack with, and it just happened to be Lucas.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I dislike his lack of distance on ground attacks, and his terrible grabs and releases. But for a crappy grab, his pummel is the denkness.

I main Lucas because I loved the Earthbound Series, and when I saw him in Brawl I had to play him. He fits my playstyle better than Ness did in SSBM, and I really like the way his attacks flow. Its amazing how many pseudo-combos Lucas can pull off, just because his moves mesh well together.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I main Lucas because hes fun as hell to play as. Once you get past the easily being gimped/shieldgrabbed/punished/outranged and so on =P

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
i hate the fact that he trips so much. I swear, he trips more than any other character. I know that he's a clumsy klutz in mother 3, but come on. also, that ridiculous lag for both his grab and his U smash. I main him because, for a while I lost all hope that Ness would make it to brawl. But now, he's so much fun to play with. His Nair, Bair, Fair, Ftilt, and psi magnet are my fave moves. His Bair is too cool for words. i wish ness's was like that. sigh

Irsic

Smash Ace
I love Lucas' play style so much that I can't not main him. He's just too much fun for me to play as.

Lucas should have been booted out instead of Mewtwo.

or at least not rip of Ness's specials completely.
We all know it was Lucario who gave Mewtwo the boot.

So why don't you just head on over there.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
I really like the way his attacks flow. Its amazing how many pseudo-combos Lucas can pull off, just because his moves mesh well together.
This

He fits my playstyle really well, and is really fun to play. It's priceless when you pull off a Dair->Dtilt->FSmash on someone who doesn't really know Lucas. It leaves them 0.0

c3gill

Smash Ace
or at least not rip of Ness's specials completely.
A) you misspelled off
B) Lucas- PK Fire explodes
Ness- PK Fire creates a pillar
C) Their PSI Magnets are used totally differently.
Lucas- can be used as an attack and absorbs a greater percentage of the projectile.
Ness- pushes items and people away.
D) they have totally different Up Specials-
Lucas- PK Freeze charges much faster, and travels much further
Ness- PK Flash is much slower, but can deal more damage and has more knockback
E) PK Thunder
Lucas- Goes through people, has a shorter tail then Ness', and is slower
Ness- Has a very long tail, moves very fast, and its head can only hit someone once before the attack dissipates.

I wont go into how their PKT2's are different, as that isnt a true special- but these two characters are totally different.

Silverness

Smash Rookie
His upsmash. That is, when I'm fighting against him, not using him. Not only is the smash ridiculously powerful, but it has an insane reach. I'd be like a mile away from him and he'll still manage to hit me with the very last spark of his upsmash. Yes, the smash has a huge lag after that so it leaves him vulnerable. But if you're caught in his smash at all, you're in trouble :/

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I hate how he's portrayed as a coward in the SSE. Combined with his obscurity, it means that a lot of new players will never give him a second thought. On the flip side, this means that it's incredibly easy to surprise someone who's never fought a competent Lucas before.

His grab release vulnerability shouldn't bear mentioning.

I love the massive range and power on his usmash. Even though it never gets thrown out often, it's a good psychological tool.

The general lack of lag on most of his moves is always nice.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
In a chatroom today on AiB, someone knew that I main Lucas somehow, and they said:

"Plasma Puffball (AiB name), you don't main Lucas. It's impossible to main Lucas. Using him, and maining him are two totally differnent things. It's just not possible to main him. Using him is though. He sux, just like CF. You need to find an actual main. =/"

What do you think about that?

EDIT: Oh, and what made me lol is that he also said afterwards that EVERY Lucas spams Usmash.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Which, essentially, is another person who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
It cancels airdodges to give you vulnerable frames.

Edit: 59 vulnerable frames.
ur doin it rawng. There calld vincible frayms.

Also, this thread looks like it was inspired by the one in the Ness Boards.

Uh... my only problem is the hitboxless rope snake and the fact that he is less of a G than Ness. Other than those he doesn't have any hatable qualities...

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
In a chatroom today on AiB, someone knew that I main Lucas somehow, and they said:

"Plasma Puffball (AiB name), you don't main Lucas. It's impossible to main Lucas. Using him, and maining him are two totally differnent things. It's just not possible to main him. Using him is though. He sux, just like CF. You need to find an actual main. =/"

What do you think about that?

EDIT: Oh, and what made me lol is that he also said afterwards that EVERY Lucas spams Usmash.
I say you challenge him to a fight and smack and kick the **** out of him with your pk powers.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
ur doin it rawng. There calld vincible frayms.

Also, this thread looks like it was inspired by the one in the Ness Boards.

Uh... my only problem is the hitboxless rope snake and the fact that he is less of a G than Ness. Other than those he doesn't have any hatable qualities...
:3 Earthbound360 wanted me to do this. I kinda wanted to anyway to see what other Lucas mains hate about Lucas.

leonbird

Smash Rookie
his grab...so slow, and the cool down sucks butt! but i do like the way how, when energy based projectiles are fired and his back is turned, a simple down B will make him do a 180 to suck it in :) plus i love his sharp turns in the air (when you're in cool down mode from UpB), lots of saviors from that one

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
If Lucas had Dedede's grab he would be about a thousand times better. He doesn't even need Dedede's throws, just that stupid grab range and speed. But that could probably said about like every character.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Just grab releases and his frame perfect ATs.
I like his grab, I'm used to having horrible grab range, *coughNesscough* so I like being able to grab from afar. Also can't forget that Lucas has the best pummel in the game. :laugh: The pivot grab makes it even better. I need to see more Lucas using pivot grabs!
I don't feel like Lucas has low range.... PK Fire and ftilt do the job for me. :)

Top Bottom