• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate about Lucas?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
his taunts. They piss me off whenever I play someone that uses Lucas and they do the tripping taunt and pause the game > : (

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I stopped using Lucas's tripping taunt after one faithful day.

Uptaunt + actual trip right into a Falcon Punch. Not even kidding.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I only do the tripping taunt.

It's the ultimate taunt.
Its fine alone, but when you the person using it pauses the game so you have to stare at him for a couple seconds before unpausing, it gets really annoying xD

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I really don't like his inconsistency with his grab. It's only useful unless you pivot, and that's just plain annoying. That, and his usmash is THE definition of telegraphing. It's avoidable EVERY TIME if you know what your opponent does to get you in range.

Levitas

the moon
huh? While it's true that his usmash's later hitboxes probably don't depend on his location (or rather they depend on where he used to be as opposed to where he is now) lucas doesn't move so much during an upsmash.

I think you mean disjointed. Telegraphing is like what his Dair does, where it can hit close to him or hit really far away depending on whether he's moving up or down.

Sorgens

Smash Cadet
Eh the main thing I don't like is how PKT2 won't sweetspot the ledge sometimes (when I'm right there ffs). Oh and obviously his grab range is wtfgay.

Besides that I love him.

Zephron

Smash Ace
His slow as **** grab. It's my #1 biff.
Freaking hate his grab <_<

I also wish his taunts were cooler, he didn't sound so pitiful when he dies, (star KO makes me feel like a 4 year old child) and I wish people didn't consider him less skillful over Ness, who is just as easy to spam with, IMO. Idk I used Ness on one of my friends for the first time and I did really well <_<

I main Lucas because I love his game, I love the flow of his moves, his smashes are fantastic, and his aerials are pretty good to combo with. His moveset is great guys, just everyone else's is pure crap : |

One last thing, I hate it that whenever I play a marth, and I'm beating him, he always resorts to the infinite grab just so he wins <_<

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Eh the main thing I don't like is how PKT2 won't sweetspot the ledge sometimes (when I'm right there ffs). Oh and obviously his grab range is wtfgay.

Besides that I love him.
That only happens when you use it really close to the edge.
In other words, Rope Snake.

And Lucas grab is awesome. You guys are doing it wrong.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Me?

Let's just say Brawl Lucas doesn't hold a candle to M3 Lucas.
He's a bad character (hopping he'd be high tier)
and he's a sissy in SSE.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
umm idk if you know, but lucas has the best grab in the game
and the best zair (if u no how to use it)
Cosigned.

He has one of the most useful pivots in the metagame, and his Zair is what makes him better than Ness (the current tier list says otherwise :O). The only problem is that people who are inexperienced and/or not smart will try to pivot, find out how hard it is to master, and then give up on his grab game, which is arguably one of the most useful for follow-ups. Lucas's pivot is also the hardest pivot to punish because it comes out so quickly with little afterlag and can keep distance because it's a tether. It's also Lucas's best grab option because it comes out quickest of all his grab choices and is difficult to punish.

And with Zair, most people don't take the time learn when grab will air dodge and when it will Zair or assign grab to another button and they often disregard it because Lucas's PKT2 can usually recover. However, Zair is almost always the better choice, and PKT2 will leave you wide open to punishes. Plus, Zair is more reliable once you spend an hour or so learning how to use it to your advantage.

So long as you don't become predictable with pivoting or Zair recoveries, you can do amazing things with them. I don't know why anyone who mains Lucas wouldn't use either.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Sadly pivot grab doesn't even increase the grab's range almost at all. Only benefit is not as much reciculously long ending lag so its safer to use, but still sucks balls

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
Well, his pivot grab has amazing range but i fell the same way about it.
I hate how he can get punished if you miss or don't complete the final hit with his Nair.
I also hate his ending grab lagg, major punishable.
I also hate how everyone whines about him being cheep and about his Fsmash.

His Fsmash is so good because did u ever notice when you win, one of his poses is him sharpening his stick...so he's obviously cheating for the next round, but I don't think anyone knows about that >->

Levitas

the moon
Pivot grab reduces the total frame count by 20 frames (1/3 of a second), making it less punishable for sure, but it still lasts 49 frames, which is certainly more than most grabs last (Ness's grabs all last 34 or 35), which has almost the same difference between duration of lucas's pivot grab and his grabs as lucas has between his normal and pivots, lol.

The thing that protects lucas most is that the opponent can't be very close and just fsmash or whatever. Their best punishment is probably gonna be run in and grab because of the ropesnake's range.

Ga-in

Smash Rookie
I hate when I use pkt2 as a recovery but even though he reaches de ledge he doesnt get it and falls downs in a explosion -__- ...

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
I hate a few things about Lucas actually...
Grabbing game is like useless in a 1vs1, Usmash has WAY to much lag, Easy CG, zair is only useable for tethering which can be exploited easily, and teams are hard if your partner has no energy projectile.

But hes a good kid and I chose him because i'm a huge Mother fan and when Lucas was announced I had to know how he was and we just clicked. xD The Mother kids always stood out to me but Lucas was awesome Idk why he appeals so much to me. His playstyle sure fits mine thou. Lots of combos at his disposal plus gimpy/spacey projectiles.

He's a good kid I like him for this reason but I can see why people don't like him as I play under said condtions regardless. xD

Levitas

the moon
Ga-in, usually when that happens to me it's because I'm holding the down direction still as I get to the edge (though it does happen other random times.

MeLL0W, it's always sweet to see that other people have played the Mother series. Have you played M3?

Both of you, welcome to smashboards ^_^

Top Bottom