• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast team at FC Diamond

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
What's up guys this is Josh. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents on the matter. I'm going to FC for sure, although I'm definitely not going to be on any teams (nowhere near good enough). Anyways, here we go.

i would be fine with you combineing south and west if south was short
In fact, this is precisely the case. The South is severely hampered this year: partly because a number of our key players aren't going, and partly because AZ has decided to go West, which is totally fine.

Right now, I'm saying "South" but I'm thinking TX to be honest since I am from TX.

Right now, the "South" is comprised of 4-5 key players and...nobodies. Nobodies who will do..just that, in the crew battle - nothing. They are people spanning from LA to FL (minus Shiz and SpeedN, who are pretty good). The South is almost a wasted cause right now in the crew battle because 4 or 5 key guys aren't going to get it done when the other rosters have 10-15 people of comparable or superior skill.

I know if any of the GA, LA, whatever cronies see this they're probably going to get pissed, but you know what, it doesn't really matter. Why? Because TX literally has 0 ties with them in smash, which brings me to my next point.

At least TX has had numerous smash ties with AZ in the past - with AZ coming to many of our tournaments. I know Forward and Caveman are pretty good friends, for example. Wobbles, another AZ player, lives in both TX and AZ, adding yet another layer to the link.

What I'm saying is, the few key South guys (Caveman, Rob$, FLT, Shiz, SpeedN) are willing to essentially provide their services to the West.

Does this mean they are automatically going to play for West when the crew battle comes around? Of course not. Let's say South and West combine at FC, Forward "trials" everyone plus looks at their accomplishments, and Forward decides "Ok all my current West guys make up the strongest team," then the WC team will be made of exclusively WC players with all of South benched. That's no problem at all. The point is to win. Adding the few key south players simply serves to give you all more options if needed, but certainly if you felt those options are not worth it, you won't have to use them.

Now, look at the following "ideal" crew: (I added Bob$ for good measure since I heard good things about him at the beginning of this topic)

Forward
Taj
Wobbles
King
Isai
SilentSpectre
LuninSpectre
Ken
Hugs
DSF
Ka-Master
SilentWolf
Edreese
Omar
Bob$

If you guys had all of these players ready to go, then great. There is 0 need to combine with the South. Or maybe I should say the South combining with West, because that's really what's going on here. The West will be the cornerstone of the team - the South just wants to add a few key options. But, how many of the "ideal WC team" people are going to FCD?

What do you all think of these key players joining with WC and essentially "providing their services?"

I heard somewhere "no FL plz" because you all have never met them.

Ok, fair enough. What about the key Texas players joining you all then, as at least they have had fairly good ties with Arizona in the past (Texas = Caveman, Rob$, FLT, DoH)? And once again, remember that "joining" does not mean they're going to play. If all of those people are benched, it doesn't matter. The idea is to build the strongest team possible, but it never hurts to add more potential options to a roster.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I thought Arizona was almost a stretch, but it is waaay too bold of a stretch to team west with the south as well. Instead of adding people who don't make sense on, we should play our hardest with who we have. It's about repping your region, and winning under those circumstances, not winning at all costs.

Edit: What Ka meant by "No Florida plz" is he doesn't want to team with people that are on the complete opposite corner of the united states in a regional crew battle.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
get deez johnz outta here....that luigi dude needs to use a real char before he can be considered good.... novelty johnz...

Lol, and this is coming from someone who uses a character that was like just barely considered non-novelty itself? You're what, One of the three known good IC players? Hmmm......anyways, the choice is up to Forward.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Lolz...I can't wait to see everyone's amazement when Ka ***** with Luigi.

No pressure, Ka >_>

But srsly, nobody knows how good you are. O.o

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
If you pick South then you should consider DaShizWiz to be on your team. I shouldn't be giving suggestions since I suck at this game, but I think he is worth considering.

If you pick South then you should consider DaShizWiz to be on your team. I shouldn't be giving suggestions since I suck at this game, but I think he is worth considering.
If FL was included, why wouldn't the best FL player be included?
w/e.
I think it would be dumb if ppl actually on the WC didn't get to be on the team due to the new "WC" team being made up of other regions. get it? not regional crew battle n e more that way?

Light

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you should consider teaming with East coast to pick up PC and M2K. I heard they were pretty good - it would definitely strengthen your team; or, you could simply form the "United States of America" region and beast on all of those silly foriegners.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
But then there would be no competition. LOL. You might as well say that USA IS the world.

EDIT: So you mean to tell me that DaShizWiz is not the best? *head explodes*

forward

Smash Champion
LOL guys tell me how are AZ and FL part of the same region when they are on opposite sides of the country? Well, that' irrelavant, all that matters is that they were once on the same regional team, when neither of them had ever met each other.

To be honest guys I never thought there should be a south team in the first place. FL really should just join the EC, I don't know why they wouldn't want them >.>

forward

Smash Champion
The White Flag

I resign as captain of the wc team

i here by declare that az will play for the south team at fc

i will make another post later to explain my decision

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
alright everyone since forward isn't in attendance we obviously need to pick a new captain and we need to formulate the team still

basically this shouldn't alter our team to terribly much depending on who goes but the lack of AZ hurts us.

Well lets see here

I'm just gonna list some of the washington players and why we should be considered I'm not sure whos all going for this from other west coast regions right now

Ka-Master - he will be in. period, i dont care who the captain is, he's in the crew the end.
Silent Wolf - Same is true for him
DJ Combo/nate/tori - now to be honest i have no clue what forward was saying when he said he didn't do good at tourneys or whatever, nate is just as good as silent is and mains marth. Basically with the lack of AZ he should be on as well, but I'm not really nominating myself as captain (but i'd take it haha) so i cant say if thats what you all agree on (just that you should)
Eggz - Eggz's Mario is fantastic, his combos are ridiculous he plays intelligently and has taken out all of the above mentioned in tourney before (though those 3 are better players and basically deserve an auto spot) but without AZ in attendance he should be considered, he's crazy good. his fox is also really good, almost as tech heavy as silent wolf's fox and plays pretty smart
Gimpyfish - yeah, you probably are all goin "lol bowser on a regional crew, we must be giving up or something" XD
and i can see what you are saying obviously, yes, i play bowser, i said i was gonna go over everyone from wa who was coming. Back when forward was captain he wanted ka-master and ME from washignton to go for crews, I do really good vs falcos marths cfs lots of top tier and vs sheik doesn't = auto four stock i can take a few stock off a good sheik. Forward told me multiple times I was probably going to be on this crew when he thought it was going to be me and ka-master coming only, he was sad about the lack of silent though. after silent came he was bumped on and me off (this wasn't posted here as the topic was made after of course)

i'm just throwin myself in, most low tier smashers aren't very good. I've taken out a lot of really good players in tourney and i'm always highly competitive

but

the ones you should basically have as auto spots filled

ka-master
silent wolf
dj combo

keep that in mind, now lets find us a new captain.

i'd be willing to but i doubt many of you out of staters would jump on with that plan XD

i'm just tryin to keep the ball rollin, i'm going to look through the fc registration and see who we've got going and i'll try and get some other stuff going for this in a little bit

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Forward needs to stop whining because he didn't get his way.

AZ will play on the West Coast team, as he originally wanted.

forward

Smash Champion
Yes Kish, as I originally wanted. Because the original thing you want MUST be what you want forever and we are not allowed to change our minds because......... I don't know why we can't change our mind. Please Kish, tell me why I can't change my mind. :)

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
yo Sean want me to just step in this crew shiat and sweep all the other regions for you? It might not be fun tho man, im pretty sure the rest of the crew actually WANTS to play... =\

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hey I'd like to captain.

Seriously.

If I'm able to go. I'm getting soooooooo close.

I won't be on the team, but I'd be fair.

If I go.

Anyone doubt me on this?

Top Bottom