• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast team at FC Diamond

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I'll be coming with Silentwolf via Greyhound...

Im about the same skill of Ka-Master and Silentwolf, slightly inferior, but I can actually practice and be the same(probably) xD.

So, yea, me too? >.> (Ken's sub) but not really... I can play Falco/Fox/others if you need variety too :O.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if i'm not on the team i'm gonna punch some foo's.

legitimate "could likely happen" team list time i think forward

i love forward.

forward

Smash Champion
I'd be willing to put DJ combo on as an alternate. However from what I remember in Canada, he doesn't play too well in tourney.

That was just cuz he wasnt rly practicing much back then.
if he plays for a week hes better than all of us xD

i hear silentwolf has gotten a lot better since forwards visit >.>

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I hear... that Washington rarely plays outside their region.

I'm sure you guys are good but experience does matter a lot in high stress situations like Intra-national Crew battles.

I think forward is being generous enough by offering ka/silent wolf the chance to compete on a national stage.

Same thing goes for mango, he's good and all, but his experience vs OOS competition is what worries me. And he hasn't had many chances to play in decently large crew battles.

I do fully support edrees for a spot though. I can honestly say he is ready if the "Ideal" WC team doesn't fall through. Oh, and Bane is right, bob$ does deserve consideration saying as how he's actually been trying to play smash for the past few months. His results have been great, vs norcal and Socal.

Does anyone want to fund my trip to fc3?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
anyone who thinks forward is being generous by offering ka-master a spot on the team has no clue how good he is ;P

but i know what you are saying haha

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeah for reals check out Bob$ on TIA lately...

3/52
2/25
2/64
3/108
2/32
3/96
2/9
1/22

He's placed in the top3 at almost every single tournament he's played in since January.

And look at the list of players he's beat...

Falcomist, Tang, Lunin, Edrees, Isai, Isai, Mango, Falcomist, Hella, Falcomist, Aesis, Knives, Mango, Omar, Falcomist, Falcomist, and Zelgadis.

Last year I remember he beat Chesterr, Doraki, Mike Y, King, HugS, KaiserGL, and some others.

And even if that's not enough, just look at the players he's lost to. They're either insanely good, or Bobs friends.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I'm sure there are better picks than me, but maybe not quite better, so i guess norcal and socal have the most active smash scenes making them easiest to pick out of... but I wouldnt just assume that from lack of play outside the region means poor performance. Ive been to cali three times for tourneys and lost to Omar BARELY both times, and @ OC2 I once again was so close against Rob$... I was known as Tori back then of course. Also I keep very up to date on recent videos from all over the nation, which yea so do a lot of people, but its not like were out of the loop. If anything we may have an advantage because weve seen everyone else play more than everyone else has seen us.

Forward is the most recent OOS weve played and as far as I could tell we did pretty **** good, unfortunately for me I wasnt really playing the game back then, but Ive been keeping up to speed for the last month or so and can only get better. I wasnt clueless on what i was doing or anything like that, not saying Oh I woulda beat him or whatever lol. I actually didnt get to play him in tourney because I lost to a Fox player up here that is insane at reading movements and up throw upairing lol, and he would beat anyone not on top of there game so... I do remember, not that it matters or i even kept track, but Forward said he never beat me with falco in Friendlies, but those are just friendlies.

On Ka-M and Silentwolf, Ka-M is not being given a spot no matter what, he is crazy and thats why he will be on the team, he is so so good. Silentwolf as Ive said before is the most technical/fastest player there is, and hes an incredibly smart player just under Ka-M so I dont see him not having a spot. Then for me, Silentwolf and I are always even in skill, we develop gameplay and mindgames fast and together, and since we play eachother a lot, I'm used to playing extremely technical people and I do a great job of controlling matches with combos and pressure. That my Evaluation of the possible WA reps in FC crew battle, for whatever its worth. Eggz is good too, but If I am a stretch, hes a little farther one, so thats why I didnt go into detail.

Lastly and unfortunately, There is more knowledge of skill in cali, so they will get the majority of picks, but hey since cali plays everyone so often it might be true that they will be more prepared and do better in crews, but I disagree with being shunned off because of our living in the corner of the country xD. Its always raining, the only thing to do is play video games ;D.

This isnt so much me asking for a spot as it is saying I think its unfair to assume we dont get one.

Edit: Forgot to mention Silentwolfs trip to Kansas where he held his own against Darkrain, and then picked up Falcon and plays him awesomely now lol.

I also have some OOS experience.
I've been to SoCal and Norcal.
I went to the Midwest and faired fine vs darkrain and the others i played.
I'm really good at camping . ^_^

araknophobik

Smash Master
by the looks of it, regional crew battles will be the last event on the roster
if your concerned about those who should be eligible for the position and worry'd about how well they do OOS, maybe you should decide after singles pool or even the whole singles tournament. Those who place highest or did best against OOS should be on the team?

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Not sure if I already posted this...my computer is really ********...

but anyways, araknophobic has a pretty good idea, IMO.

And HugS: Is Bob$ coming to FC? I haven't heard anything about him in the FC thread...

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't think now is a good time to start arguing. The fact that Forward is willing to put you (and by "you" I mean DJ Tori) as an alternate means he already knows you.

From there, just impress at FC and there ya go.

Besides, the WC team is probably going to be more about who goes than who's best, so let's just figure it out once we figure out who's going.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Sorry scamp I wasnt trying to argue anything, at least i didnt want to come off that way, I just thought there would be more discussion about the topic.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah for reals check out Bob$ on TIA lately...

3/52
2/25
2/64
3/108
2/32
3/96
2/9
1/22

He's placed in the top3 at almost every single tournament he's played in since January.

And look at the list of players he's beat...

Falcomist, Tang, Lunin, Edrees, Isai, Isai, Mango, Falcomist, Hella, Falcomist, Aesis, Knives, Mango, Omar, Falcomist, Falcomist, and Zelgadis.

Last year I remember he beat Chesterr, Doraki, Mike Y, King, HugS, KaiserGL, and some others.

And even if that's not enough, just look at the players he's lost to. They're either insanely good, or Bobs friends.

He beat me in low tier. Not claiming he wouldn't beat me if we played, but you shouldn't use my name in a list of people he beat if it was during low tier, it's just not accurate. Thanks.

But seriously he's so good, i'm sure everyone knows by now that he does deserve a spot.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Look, I understand that KA and Silent are good. When I said that Sean was being "Generous", I didn't mean to imply that I felt they weren't skilled enough.

However, I did use the word generous to imply that they are somewhat less experienced vs OOS compeition than some other possible candidates on the list. You can't disagree with me on that opinion. It's true that a person with only local experience CAN compete in a national crew battle, but it's harder to trust a person who isn't used to that kind of pressure in this game.

I trust forward knows what he's doing, and I'm sure Silent and Ka would impress me as well if I were to play you two. Tori, your good too, i know this. But I'm just saying...you don't need to suggest your whole state to join the crew. And I'm not being biased either, I say that to araknophobik as well. There are amazing players in socal who have top notch skill, but I still wouldn't trust them in a crew battle so easily. I guess given the situation, alternates can and should be suggested, but lets leave them as that for now, as alternates.

****** local tournaments is one thing, beating *** on a national stage is completely different. It's the big leagues. I'll trust forward knows who is ready, since I myself haven't played much of washington.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
You are right in that we dont have any experience, therefore making us less reliable in the tight pressure situations, I just felt left out because Im as good as them, and have more or just as much OOS then either of them, but wasnt considered... But I didnt give foeward a chance to think highly of me so its all good.

Im not toooo worried about it, its all about going to the tourney with 200 smashers and having fun, but like you say we dont get to travel very often, so we just want to participate as much as the rest. At least there will still be other crews. @ OC2 I didnt get to do those either because skypal chose friends over skill for their crew >.>. Either that or they thought id choke under pressure, which may have been true, no matter though.

Sean obviously makes the final decision, and im sure whatever he decides will be best for WC.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Gah, I'm sorry Edrees =/ I didn't see where it said low-tier right there. You know I love you.

But anywho, Bob$ is still a very good candidate, and in all honesty a much safer choice than most of the potentials. He's good with a wide range of characters too.

forward

Smash Champion
Well guys there is negotiations between me and the south team captain for joining forces. The Kishs still don't like the idea, but there is still a chance it will happen. I will keep you updated as I find out more.

forward

Smash Champion
Texas is a good inclusion to WC. AZ and TX have had close ties in the past, and TX has even been fairly close with CA. I understand that WA teaming with FL would be incredibly weird, but we're doing this for the sake of competition and forming a strong team.

Of course, if West can bring out all their all stars, we won't need this.

I'm struggling to decide what is best. Do I want to lead a team to victory or do I want to make a WC team with the best players I can get, even if they aren't the best in the region.

As HugS was saying this isn't just about putting people from the WC on the WC team, it's also about trying to win. The fact is I might have to decline some people joining the team, even if I'm cool with them, for the sake of making a strong team.

I'm not trying to play favorites here, I'm trying to play the best.

Why would we care about winning if we were teamed with an entirely different region like FL or w/e. (Nothing against FL, just saying).
Then it wouldn't really be a regional battle IMO, but...I guess it would be fun...
but your captain so...go for w/e.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Uhh...no FL plzkthx Forward T_T

I don't want any teaming with a giant crew of people that I don't know at all.

>_> Get it? I've only met Forward once, and have never played/seen any of the other guys that were planned to be on the original WC team besides Otto and Nate? el oh el...

araknophobik

Smash Master
no offense forward but i think you should just stick to the original region instead of combineing south and west
i see it highly unlikely that any of the regions are going to take down the east anyway
i would be fine with you combineing south and west if south was short
but if enough people come from the south to form their A team, then it would be pretty lame to just throw our 3 strongest players on their roster
WC didn't even have a crew last year, i think it'd be nice if they did this year

Top Bottom