• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
nasty nate, let's make your puff ****

then we'll handle teams. sheik and puff and marth and puff are some **** good teams.

i wanna train your puff :) (and your sheik too)

if you're down i'm down

embracethe12

Smash Lord
wow is this a new side of P?
looks like someones newly attained skill gave him a better attitude.
is P willing to team with anyone now? lolz

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
don't make assumptions

i love to teach, and i love to help people get better at this game. always have. the only reason i haven't done it before is because people probably didn't think i was good enough, the classic "you talk big, but if you know all this **** why are your results lacking." it sounds like a big john to say, "yeah, i know all about the game but i'm not good enough to do it."

two, i don't like teaching people who don't care about getting better. because it's just wasting my time. so i just decided actions speak louder than words -- if they want to get better, they would say, hey, i want to get better, can you help me. and of course i will. my participation is dependant on theirs; i'm not helping no charity cases. it's my way to give back to the community :)

Irow

Smash Ace
First things first.

I ****ing love FLCL, and Eri Ninamori is the best.

Alright, now that's out of the way.

If people want to eat, I'm thinking that it's a good idea to check in with whoever is calling matches. That way they can tell you if you have an appropiate amount of time to go eat. If you're late, then it's still your fault.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a food booth still.

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Remember chosenl, you have many people from NorCal who are willing to help and have had experience with large scale tourneys that can make this run more smoothly than you may think.

You have the right hand, just make sure you play it out in a logical manner.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you're a little kid

it's easy to think and talk big and run away at the first sign of extended work

getting good in melee isn't fun and games. you're going to get *****, it's going to take months of work, and you're going to have to learn qualities you don't have. you're not going to get any pats on your back along the way, not by me at least.

it's all about attitude and dedication. if you have that, you can get good in two months. if not, you're going to hate me. come over sometime and see if you really want to

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
saturday probably works -- if i'm free. i'm pretty skeptical so to be honest you're going to be low on my priority list, so if something comes up i'm picking that over you. but probably yeah, you can come over saturday.

Shroomed

Smash Master
you're a little kid

it's easy to think and talk big and run away at the first sign of extended work

getting good in melee isn't fun and games. you're going to get *****, it's going to take months of work, and you're going to have to learn qualities you don't have. you're not going to get any pats on your back along the way, not by me at least.

it's all about attitude and dedication. if you have that, you can get good in two months. if not, you're going to hate me. come over sometime and see if you really want to
this is the first post you have made that i agree 100% with P

it wasn't fun getting ***** and ***** and *****, but 4 months later i'm not bad anymore

but this event is so far away

Charoo

Smash Champion
remember that the organizer can only run as fast as the players that will listen to them. Unless you have the DQ limit at a good pace. 30 min to dq a match is too slow.

So listen to your own tips and follow it too. Not just aiming for the people who said it, but for everyone that is going.

wow I didn't notice the Falcon vs any1 is destiny match. That is too good haha. SS and I better have my own personal prize giveaway with us all the time then.

Irow

Smash Ace
anyway, is this the circus tournament i saw on aib?

Yes, yes it is.

We took out most of the carnival style things, although there are still booths.

Be pessimistic if you wish, but there is a much larger concentration on running the actual tournament more than anything else.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Santa will still be there. That way, I could make you guys look like pedos when the kiddies arrive. >:3 Yes, I will make sure children are there.

MikeHAZE, this is our first time running a big tourney. :/ Give us a chance please. :(

Oh and guess what ruleset is gonna be there again....

Irow

Smash Ace
Oh yes, Shino ruleset!

Haha, just make sure you're not hindering a smooth schedule.

I'll play with you, if no one does because people are ***** - and don't like to have random fun.

Top Bottom