• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When is the favicon of the site going to change? It's still like, vBulletin default for some reason. Was expecting a "SB" favicon or something like that.

Also, clicking on usernames on the homepage doesn't do anything atm. I guess it's supposed to open up that lil in-tab window, but it doesn't do anything for me.

Okuser

Smash Ace
need back:

-colored names

-15 post limit pages

-auto rescroll for mobile

-tier list and matchup chart hotlinked to the side again

and then smashboards will be fine again.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
- working on this

- I can be convinced to globally change the ppp (it's 40 now), but individual setting for ppp is not coming back

- I don't know what you mean by this

- that will be coming with the front page design

When is the favicon of the site going to change? It's still like, vBulletin default for some reason. Was expecting a "SB" favicon or something like that.

Also, clicking on usernames on the homepage doesn't do anything atm. I guess it's supposed to open up that lil in-tab window, but it doesn't do anything for me.
waiting on john to get back, but this should be up soon

I'm wondering, is the current default theme for this forum a temporary stopgap while you all deal with getting the functionality back up to par, or is this theme really going to be our new reality?

I'd have real trouble figuring out this was a Smash Bros forum at a glance, and it isn't especially inviting either.
yes, this is a temporary theme. AZ has posted screenshots earlier in the topic of the real theme. however, to be honest, I don't know what you mean by "real trouble figuring out this was a Smash Bros forum at a glance".

there's a bit of a reason why we can't add smash characters to our banners or our style legally (iirc, may be wrong).

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Done.

Avatars are now at 124x124. Everyone who has a small avatar will have to re-upload theirs one last time.

Junahu

Smash Ace
yes, this is a temporary theme. AZ has posted screenshots earlier in the topic of the real theme. however, to be honest, I don't know what you mean by "real trouble figuring out this was a Smash Bros forum at a glance".

there's a bit of a reason why we can't add smash characters to our banners or our style legally (iirc, may be wrong).
Thanks for the swift reply, I had not realised there was work being done on a front page. That certainly helps.

My concern was that the default theme is a bit too clinical, a little too lacking in pop or contrasts, to be immediately associatable with Super Smash Bros. I understand why you'd want to play it safe regarding copyrighted images, but that just makes the visual look of the site that much more important in setting its identity.
Of course, that's just my opinion, and I could very easily be looking at things the wrong way.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm sure, someone may have brought this up but a couple of the 64 sprites (Yoshi in particular) aren't showing up.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
There's something odd with the avatar uploading regarding file size (which at 50.8kb is pretty small btw).

I can upload avatars which are well over 100kb but not be able upload some which are under 90kb. What's up with that?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Your current avatar is less than 25kb....

Fun Fact: Premium members now get an increased avatar upload filesize limit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There still seems to be a bug in the index page where pop up messages don't show up. I have to move to a thread or user blogs where this issue doesn't happen. It's been like that since the move to Xenforo.

I'm not sure if it's a browser problem or a site problem, as it seems to happen on both IE and Chrome, but I don't know if it happens on Firefox.

The only time pop ups work on the index is when I have just logged in: once I visit another page, pop up messages on the index stop showing up, forcing me to go to another page to see pop up messages.

Kupo Rose

Happens to me on firefox. The pop ups messages and the Alert drop down is a real hit and miss.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Your current avatar is less than 25kb....

Fun Fact: Premium members now get an increased avatar upload filesize limit.
I'm having sentence structure problems on here, it started after the move to xenforo was complete, whenever i type a paragraph and space my sentences using my 3DS, it shows where i've did paragraph indents (sentence spaces). However when i post it, the sentence is sandwhiched together. Is this some sort of compatibility issue and if so, can it be straightened out?

John2k4

The End of an Era
The forums automatically remove/condense extra spaces in sentences.

So although I may have this, you will see it with the normal amount of spaces.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
testing the BBC autocomplete...

EDIT:
it still added [ /color] >_<

when can I expect this thing fixed??

EDIT2:
I did notice you guys were working on quotes as now spoilers don't contain colored text...
(I'm used to the spoiler tag instead of the collapse)
^tbh, this is the only forum I'm on (out of 18) that has collapse for spoilers... heh
just thought I'd point that out :p

but getting back to my main point...
I'm glad you guys are working on that, and it shows me that spoilers and quotes use the same outline... :srs:

D

Deleted member

Mark forums Read on the frontpage doesn't do anything, however going to a subforum and selecting to option to mark everything as read does work

John2k4

The End of an Era
We hope to get Livetopic sometime in the near future hopefully. To my knowledge, no plugin existed for it so we will need to write one ourselves.

@Tcll - I'm not sure what you mean by "this thing fixed"..if it is about autocompleting the BBCode in a post then I believe that's a feature baked into Xenforo. I'll look around and see what I can find relating to it.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@Tcll - I'm not sure what you mean by "this thing fixed"..if it is about autocompleting the BBCode in a post then I believe that's a feature baked into Xenforo. I'll look around and see what I can find relating to it.
yeh... it was about the autocomplete...
sry I kinda strattled off a bit there :p

if you can get rid of it, please do
it'd definatly make BBC editing alot easier, like kc-mm :3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So when are Social Groups gonna be back and when can I use Alt+S again?

Kupo Rose

For some reason, when you click on your subscribed forum in the Alerts, it takes you to the main index page instead.

John2k4

The End of an Era
^Tried replicating that with a couple different subscriptions, and it took me right to them.

Edits: Tried it on another account and it seems fine to me.

Kupo Rose

Huh that's weird. It's still doing it to me on Sonic Boards.

edit: Just tried the Pool Room. It directs me to the index page too.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but this new website is so awful. Any chance we can get a classic view back?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah guys, just copy and paste everything back to the old format, I'm sure that'll work, right?

Scar

#HarveyDent
bionic can't i have the stream list update in real time? i think i just updated it so it might not refresh for another 30m

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A little of feedback:
-I can confirm Kupo's post: When I try to click the board in the notification popup/scroll of a Forum Subsctiption, it leads me to the front page.
-Everytime I try to open a thread leading to the Last Unread Post, it will display the screen scrolled a little below of the linked post, even showing the post next to it. This has been happening to me since day 1 of the change.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
New smashboards didn't go over very well with the Alberta community

we've all left, and moved our conversations over to facebook.

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah guys, just copy and paste everything back to the old format, I'm sure that'll work, right?
Great post would read again!

Indeed.

It's sometimes painful when people don't read. :/
ooh what an awesome mod! Thanks for the reply :)

I'm also thankful I have 28 alerts to let me know people replied in two threads I posted in. #GameChanger

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's too bad you can't turn off alerts, people who designed this site really should have included a "preferences" page or something

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
EDIT: Got ninja'd

Status