• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John2k4

The End of an Era
posting new threads (tournament listings) doesn't seem to work with my account.
Checked your groups and permissions, and there's nothing out of the ordinary ..

Does it give you any kind of error?

:phone:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
EDIT:
lol at quote with green text :p
(for those who can't see, his is white, mine's green)

Yeah, whatever color you post in is what all quoted text defaults to. It would be nice if you could somehow figure out how to keep the text in the original post format (that was one of the only good things about html tags lol :p)

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
oh well who needs transparency anyway? thanks for the help though

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Are ALL of the smash smilies coming back soon? Things like :ness2: and :marth: still do not work.

Also, will multiquote be added to the site at some point?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We're currently sorting out issues with the server and will get all Smash character smilies up as soon as we can.

No word on multiquotes.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I'm expecting, at the VERY least, a month before this site has about half the features of the old site ;)

until then... I've got a mind full of ideas for this site...
(they're not impossible, but most likely would take a while depending on the site's interface)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
disliek the ui a lot - very barebones and is very noticeable how barebones it is. color scheme is meh

where's the melee back room

:dazwa:

looking forward to new features, but @-@

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
please please please PLEASE have a way to not show user likes for posts.

also bring back slowpoke world forums

John2k4

The End of an Era
please please please PLEASE have a way to not show user likes for posts.

also bring back slowpoke world forums
I actually vouched for this. It's one of those things that may sneak back in someday. =)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
This has probably been asked before, but are the rest of the Melee emoticons coming back soon? If so, any eta when that will be?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes they're coming back (I thought most were already back). I'll check on them later today.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
how do i change my avatar now? i know its in my personal details but im trying to make it a picture i had before. when i try and change back it keeps saying its too large for the server to process. i tried changing a lot of things. its smaller than the recommended pixel size now and i tried saving it as different files. is it a site thing or my picture?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

Scatz

Smash Champion
We're currently sorting out issues with the server and will get all Smash character smilies up as soon as we can.

No word on multiquotes.
From what I've seen, you can multiquote just from clicking reply on each post you like to quote. Only issue I see with that method is when posts are on different pages.

Also, what's up John? Still rocking the Puzzle Bobble characters I see. XD

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've mentioned this previously, but I'm curious as to when the varies emoticons for the Gamecube controller inputs will return. You know, the ones that display the control stick at varies angles and displays the different buttons like the A and Z buttons.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
How do you change thread titles now?

And please bring back Alt+S to post.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
In the tournament listings section, can you guys make it so after what region it says the tournament's in it says what game(s) will be at the tournament, like the old Smashboards? Also, I liked the different colors for the different games/regions in the old Smashboards, but that isn't as important as my first suggestion lol.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@everyone bamfing the new SWF:
GIVE THIS FREAKIN PLACE SOME TIME TO UPGRADE! D=

building a forum and upgrading it with the features we all want takes time... alot of time...
so be patient and quit complaining.

EDIT:
I actually really like the new look...
it's more technical looking and definatly alot more interactive...

but there's still quite alot of features that need to be implamented before this forum will be at even half the functionality of the old SWF...

EDIT2:
really it's no different from software programming when changing interfaces...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Frisbe: That is planned when our host finally fixes uploading, so I can get to editing the tournament addon to include different games. eventually I'd like to be able to sort by checkboxes, so you can select Brawl/Melee/64 either together or individually, like Brawl+64 only or Melee only.

--

I ignore people who whine, whine, whine and ***** ("lol smashboards sucks") and give me none or very little criticism, so I'm okay with things either way. I have only had a few people (including RJ & ballin) give me some actual good, constructive criticism and the only real big criticism I got was on the design (which as I mentioned before is getting replaced soon, and not only do we have Neo Blue/Ruby, but we're still working on skins) not the missing features.

People have to realize:
1) This whole software was made by the original people who did vBulletin 3 and things are still being added.
2) Do you want vBulletin 5, which takes ~10 seconds (and 150+ queries to the database) to load each page?
3) Did you want us to stay on vBulletin 3.8, so that the site can ever increasingly be vulnerable to exploits and live with outdated, broken software modules? Eventually, the site would have completely collapsed. No matter how much you think you're very smart on the topic of forum software, it. was. not. being. UPDATED. OR. PATCHED.
4) We're not on MLG servers anymore. We're on TempleHost servers. The goal with websites is to be efficient in page loading, memory and database querying. We're a large forum. We already saw what was happening with Smashboards and 502'ing, and here with 503'ing a ton of times.

I am going to direct my energy more toward improving and adding site features and the general usability before I quit in the summer. Not sit here and listen to people moaning.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah then we could just do something about your posts and this site would be all good.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
heh...
I was meaning for my post to be a reference for that crap...
but your info bamfs mine :p

IDK if that last little bit in 3 was directed at me or not... >_>
(I already knew you were basically starting over)
^what I ment when I said "upgrade"

also... btw...
could you fix up that BBC autocomplete feature to make it more like what kc-mm does... :/

example:
Code:
[color=white]
*your text here*
(no [/color])
when you post that, don't add the [/end]s to the text...
instead, create them dynamically in the thread page...
(your text shouldn't be any different)

I've forgotten to add my [/end]s at times...
and trying to correct them in a looong post that laggs the wii's text editor is quite a pain...
(the main post on my UMC thread already laggs it by quite alot)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
bionic why is everything so sucky pls fix this is all ur fault do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom