• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Famitsu Fighter Profiles (Updated 9/10)

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
At least sonic got three new cool looking ones.
Agree for lucario being the worse. His shades of blue is much worse than sonics. Doesn't matter though, I don't play lucario.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Alright I give up. Who's Lucina supposed to be in the white and yellow with the brown hair? And do we know who M!Robin with the white robe is?

Also yeah Fox's Wolf palette looks...pretty much nothing like Wolf. And oooo is that a Hades Palutena? Very nice. Hmm...Pikachu's new hats don't look so great in the screenshots imo. Perhaps in motion they'll look a bit better. And all of Shulk's palettes look awesome.

Sonic's and Pac's are kinda blah, but I do like the theory below that Sonic's are the chaos emeralds.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Alright I give up. Who's Lucina supposed to be in the white and yellow with the brown hair? And do we know who M!Robin with the white robe is?
I guess Lissa? Though Lissa's hair is slightly lighter, the clothes make me think so. XD Don't know about the male Robin either.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
i think the lucina one is lissa and robins looks like the bishop classes robes

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I notice that characters such as Shulk and Pac-Man doesn't have green alt. Does that really mean the end of team colors, even on WiiU? I know it is for 3DS, but... I'm quite excite to be able to play in team battles with the colors I actually like.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Are all 100 hundred of these pages being translated? Are ther some already translated? If there are, does someone mind compiling them in a single post for me?

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Yup, that blonde femRobin is my main until I say otherwise. Mmhm.

Marth has a Roy alt... That doesn't even change his hair color to red/orange. QQ

Also, I'm actually disappointed that Lucina's colours don't feature this:

Ah well, we've still got lots of colour choices for every character and they look awesome. :)

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Are all 100 hundred of these pages being translated? Are ther some already translated? If there are, does someone mind compiling them in a single post for me?
i heard someone was working on it on a stream but nothing posted yet so i would keep a look out

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I am not, as I am just one person XD But I am sure someone out there might be. I did provide the template a few pages ago though : ) It's mostly info you already know, and what you don't know is explained by pictures alone, so no real need to translate, I hope!

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I am not, as I am just one person XD But I am sure someone out there might be. I did provide the template a few pages ago though : ) It's mostly info you already know, and what you don't know is explained by pictures alone, so no real need to translate, I hope!
i heard someone was working on it on a stream but nothing posted yet so i would keep a look out
I see well interesting. ust canning through the pics there isn't much new info from what I see.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
the only stuff i really wanna see are the other specials for the miis and palutena

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I noticed Luigi's last alt is based on the anime movie...neat. Costumes overall could be better though.

But, I think I know why Luigi has 2 green identical costumes, hear me out. Dead serious.

Because I'm assuming the 2nd green one is supposed to be the 2nd Luigi from Super Mario Galaxy. [Lighter color?]
thats as dumb as giving Pit a black costume and putting Dark Pit into the game....oh wait

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I see well interesting. ust canning through the pics there isn't much new info from what I see.
The alternate costumes were the biggest thing, as well as some characters' final smashes, but the moves and such were already known I believe.

The game comes out day after tomorrow for Japan, so I think by the time anyone finishes translating them it will be out for others to write about XD

Yup, that blonde femRobin is my main until I say otherwise. Mmhm.

Marth has a Roy alt... That doesn't even change his hair color to red/orange. QQ

Also, I'm actually disappointed that Lucina's colours don't feature this:

Ah well, we've still got lots of colour choices for every character and they look awesome. :)
This would have been incredible : )

gamer8

Smash Lord
Here is all the alts. Zelda included. :)
http://i.imgur.com/UHv1lyo.jpg
Thanks man, I didn't see Bowser on the imgur link either. His alts are looking great. Hopefully that Luigi duplicate is an error.

I think Pac Man's alts are pretty meh... His shoes and gloves don't even change colors, he just gets wings on them and awkward looking bracelets. The best one is the plaid Pac Man alt. Lucario's are just repetitive but he's got some good ones in there. Sonic's are looking better than Brawl at least.

The rest is pretty great, I love Lucina's alts and pink DK is just awesome. Good stuff, was fun looking at all of these alts.

By the way, what is with Smash and shades of blue?

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
the only stuff i really wanna see are the other specials for the miis and palutena
Palutena's "12 Miracles" were translated on her Famitsu page back when it came out. : ) So you can find information on them there. These pages talk about the same moves.

The Mii Fighters' moves are newly listed altogether, though, yes. Perhaps they may be worth translating.

Last edited:

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
What is with the Luigi duplicate original color? Maybe is a Famitsu error (hope so).
Well Galacta Knight color alt confirmed; main color for me.
Maskless Meta Knight Kirby main color.
YES!! Red WiiFit Trainer!!! omg I'm so happy! :'D

XKan

Smash Apprentice
What is with the Luigi duplicate original color? Maybe is a Famitsu error (hope so).
Well Galacta Knight color alt confirmed; main color for me.
Maskless Meta Knight Kirby main color.
YES!! Red WiiFit Trainer!!! omg I'm so happy! :'D
They've been shown to make a few mistakes in the past, so it is likely the case. : )

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Palutena's "12 Miracles" were translated on her Famitsu page back when it came out. : ) So you can find information on them there. These pages talk about the same moves.

The Mii Fighters' moves are newly listed altogether, though, yes. Perhaps they may be worth translating.
i missed that

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming they didn't go into the custom moves in the pages - was hoping to see what all Mega Man had available.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming they didn't go into the custom moves in the pages - was hoping to see what all Mega Man had available.
None, just two non special attacks of note, and then the four special attacks. Only for Palutena and the Mii Fighters they talk about all their moves.

i missed that
That's fine, it can be found earlier in this thread, at the first post too : )

Hong

The Strongest
I apologize that I have not been at all helpful with the translation process. Usually gone from morning until nightfall for the first half of the week for the next two years. x.o

I'll add that palette compilation to the first post. ^~^

Edit - By the way, get well soon, XKan. Take care of yourself. :)

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I apologize that I have not been at all helpful with the translation process. Usually gone from morning until nightfall for the first half of the week for the next two years. x.o

I'll add that palette compilation to the first post. ^~^

Edit - By the way, get well soon, XKan. Take care of yourself. :)
Thank you as always, for both the update and the wishes. : ) I've been recovering well, and hope to be back on my feet when the game comes out to help out best I can.

I assume this is the last batch of Famitsu info, too. Unless they keep publishing for the Wii U version? That is always a possibility, so I guess we will see!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I noticed Luigi's last alt is based on the anime movie...neat. Costumes overall could be better though.

But, I think I know why Luigi has 2 green identical costumes, hear me out. Dead serious.

Because I'm assuming the 2nd green one is supposed to be the 2nd Luigi from Super Mario Galaxy. [Lighter color?]
Both greens seem to be the same shade. :ohwell:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Some things I wanna say about the new alts:
>Mario had a Waluigi alt so why not give Luigi a Wario alt instead of another near identical green
>I sort of wish ToonLink's last alt had pink hair to match the Link to the Past sprite
>Pit has a DP alt but at least his wings are still white to tell them apart
>I wished Plautena's Viridi alt had her with with blond hair
>No grape Kirby :c
>New Galacta Knight alt for Meta :3
>One of Robin's alts look like a White Mage
>The new "Wolf" alt for fox dosn't even look like Wolf besides the grayish fur
>If little Mac Truly has 16 alts dose that mean other characters with costumes (Wii Fit, Robin, Olimar/Alph, Wario) will have 16
>Pikachu's party hat has returned
>Lucario alts? More like 50 Shades of Blue
>Pacster's alts feel unnecessary; they should have just colored his boots/gloves
>I like how Alph's alts references the other 2 captains from Pikmin 3
>New Mii Fighter costumes :3

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Lucina has the best alts imo (Default, Nowi, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Lissa, Tharja and Sumia :grin: )

Palutena, Samus and Link's are also great...

Definitely Pacman's and Lucario's are the worst...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Definitely Pacman's and Lucario's are the worst...
Whats worse is that the former's company was working on the game and the latter's chose how its shown. Unless Sakurai's team handles colors in which case its a shame.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Dang it!!! No Cosmic Spirit Rosie... I guess the medusa dress palutena makes up for it....

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Tharja and Tiki Lucina, Smash4 confirmed for god tier.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I wonder if Dark Pit's alts will consist of other Uprising characters like Hades, Pyrrhon, Thanatos, Arlon, the Chariot Master, and perhaps even Magnus. An Aurum based alt would be pretty cool too. It doesn't seem that Pit is using them anyways. Send them over to Dark Pit. :awesome:
That makes 8 alts by the way.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I felt good enough to do one translation, a lot of people were asking for the Mii Fighter pages, so here is the Mii Brawler. I will work on the Gunner and Swordsman later on. : )

Translation may be a bit messier than usual, apologies in advance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Rosalina's #6 and #7 come from these.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I got the second of three Mii Fighter pages done. The third is being worked on as I post this. : )

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
I got the second of three Mii Fighter pages done. The third is being worked on as I post this. : )

I was planning to make my own Mii a Sword Fighter and this info confirms it! (btw @ XKan XKan thank you and keep up the amazing job!)

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Wow, Swordfighters get to choose between a Counter, a Cape, and a Falcon Kick for a down-b? Dang, this is a diverse style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom