• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Famitsu Fighter Profiles (Updated 9/10)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
9/10 - Palette Compilation

9/3 - Shulk, Mario, Club Nintendo Soundtrack Information, Fighter Summaries

8/27 - Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Pokeball Pokemon

8/20 - Pac-Man, Meta Knight, Stages and Items

8/6 - Palutena, Pit

8/2 - Little Mac, Rosalina

7/27 - Wii Fit Trainer, Smash Run

7/20 - Robin, Lucina, Captain Falcon

Translation and transcript courtesy of Kantopedia
You can also reach the translator on Twitter and on SmashBoards @XKan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Is it new? The pictures don't show anything we haven't seen before.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why are Toon Link and Lucario always shown together like their the best pals or something....
Yeah most of them have been shown before if I recall correctly, I can lock it if you want. (although if there is some interesting info on those scans then I guess we could keep it open for that.... assuming it isn't already a topic on another thread....)

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Why are Toon Link and Lucario always shown together like their the best pals or something....
Yeah most of them have been shown before if I recall correctly, I can lock it if you want. (although if there is some interesting info on those scans then I guess we could keep it open for that.... assuming it isn't already a topic on another thread....)
...Brawl newcomers kept secret and thought to be cut?

Hong

The Strongest
Actually disregard my previous post.

I missed the first link, since it didn't have a URL. It appears there is some information on Smash Run. Instead of translating it, I found an existing transcript and have edited it into the opening post. Furthermore, it seems it was actually talking about custom special moves.

My apologies for the early close.

Edit - Source added as well.

Edit2 - Can confirm that Sun Salutation does indeed heal in the original article. Interesting.

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this is cool, it provides info on what her special moves do, and even some customizations. Are there any other articles like this for other characters?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I find it interesting that Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation has the same flavor of custom variations as Mario's Fireballs. One of the variations is a smaller, faster, and weaker version while the other is big, slow, and multi-hit. Sun Salutation in the demo seemed like a pretty good projectile by default since it really was pretty fast and strong, and knowing it heals on hit too makes it seem even better; I'm not sure if picking either of the variations sounds appealing on paper, but I suppose we'll have to see their exact properties in the final game while simultaneously wondering if this is going to be a theme for all projectile moves.

Hong

The Strongest
. Are there any other articles like this for other characters?
The article implies this is a part of a new series, though I could just be reading into it too much. If this is the case, though, it will be a weekly sort of deal.
Wait, does Smash Run have a new name?
The translation above took a very literal approach; Smash Run is just the term chosen for localization.

Last edited:

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
hmm interesting...sounds like it might be possible to follow up after Pushing Sun Salutation.

Jab combo, Sun Salutation into Fair?

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute. Does the healing variant of sun salutation require you to damage the enemy in order to receive the HP recovery? The phrasing of the article implies that the just by doing the move recovers health, which is independent of the attack hitting or not.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute. Does the healing variant of sun salutation require you to damage the enemy in order to receive the HP recovery? The phrasing of the article implies that the just by doing the move recovers health, which is independent of the attack hitting or not.
I'm not too sure, but the fact that we have a projectile healing attack is incredible.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Mario Galaxy is also a 3DS stage? That's a lot of Mario stages for the 3DS version.
Mario Galaxy is exclusive to Wii U version, not 3DS.

Rainbow Road, 3D Land and Golden Plains are Mario exclusives to 3DS.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The lower left screen in the first pic is marked 3DS.
That could just be an error by the publisher. It's been a known fact for a while now that the majority of the stages will be exclusive to either Wii U or 3DS only, including Mario Galaxy for Wii U (there's no screenshots of a 3DS version of Mario Galaxy.)

The only stages available for both versions up to now are Battlefield, Final Destination, Boxing Ring and Wily's Castle.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
It's already visible from the old Smash Bros. Direct that the Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation recovers HP when fully charged, even if it does not hit the target. You can see the healing GFX as she fires the shot. Additionally, we saw in some of the gameplay footage (not sure if it was the Treehouse footage or the Comic-Con footage) that the amount recovered is only 1%.

irv05

Smash Rookie
Guys, I could be wrong but, on the second image, there's a picture explaining power-ups/enemies (on the left), and it looks like ness is right next to the metroid. Am I blind or is that unmistakably ness??

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Guys, I could be wrong but, on the second image, there's a picture explaining power-ups/enemies (on the left), and it looks like ness is right next to the metroid. Am I blind or is that unmistakably ness??
That's the Villager. :p

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Bottom right picture of 2nd page. What stage is that? I'm assuming it's not part of Smash Run since all the characters are on the screen at once.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Bottom right picture of 2nd page. What stage is that? I'm assuming it's not part of Smash Run since all the characters are on the screen at once.
All players are on the same map in Smash Run, even though this is not the main place for competition. When asked if it's possible to attack other player's directly during the "power up" part of Smash Run, the Nintendo representative said, "You'll be able to see the other players if you go to their location on the map. That's all I will say about it." (Might be paraphrased slightly.)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's a special stage for a 'race to the finish', at least according to the article.

Hong

The Strongest
Indeed. One of the many variants of the Smash Run is a footrace. A jumping contest and homerun contest are among the other randomly generated challenges you can have after the five minutes of preparation.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
While I was playing the 3DS Smash Run demo at Smash Fest, Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing did in fact heal without the need to hit an enemy. I've seen it heal around 1-4%.

Also, Deep Breathing is not required for Sun Salutation to heal. Sun Salutation does not heal you, however, when it is charging, it only heals when it is being used as a projectile.

Deep Breathing by itself can heal, however. Naturally, you need to time it right.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I can't imagine ever running into people on Smash Run because of the sheer size of that map... But I'll admit right now that if I ever do, I'm gonna be type of player to just try and knock you out.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I can't imagine ever running into people on Smash Run because of the sheer size of that map... But I'll admit right now that if I ever do, I'm gonna be type of player to just try and knock you out.
I don't think you ever encounter the other players.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Even if you are able to attack the other players in Smash Run, it would be questionable about effective it would be unless killing people wipes a large amount of their power ups I wouldn't see much benefit and spending your time powering yourself up. I may be wrong though.

You can see where the other players are on the mini-map but I've yet to see a Smash Run video where someone meets up with another player.

I'm thinking you could see their "ghost" but not interact with them, otherwise people would just find each other and fight instead of looking for powerups.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even if you are able to attack the other players in Smash Run, it would be questionable about effective it would be unless killing people wipes a large amount of their power ups I wouldn't see much benefit and spending your time powering yourself up. I may be wrong though.
If it's anything like City Trial, then attacking opponents directly makes them drop power-ups.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You do drop power-ups, but as far as I've gathered from the demo it's not enough to be worth spending your time hunting people down, it's much more effective going for power-ups for yourself then.

Top Bottom