• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Ain't Ann Arbor Brawl Series

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
no dude you can't just pick up them and think they'll be snake man...put time and effort into them
Rofl, I never picked up Snake and had an easy time with him. Just a really fun time, which is why I wanted to go with him. I don't expect to be a natural at any new character I pick up, I just want to figure out who I enjoy the most at higher level play since I wanna use them in tournaments eventually (although we'll see how long it'll take me to get my new char, whoever it is, ready for tournaments).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Doesn't matter if he's the best char if he gets boring when I play him, ya know? If I just wanted to win I'd just choose MK and plank people all day.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oddly enough M2K chose Meta Knight because he found MK more fun to play as than Dedede.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
no clue, he wasent happy about something being left at the place, i guess some little kid got into it or somthing.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
well if we can't go back there, we could always try gamerz live lounge again... except we'd run it the right way...

if not, theres some new gaming place my friend was telling me about not too far away... altho instead of me driving 20 minutes towards Chill Zone its 20 minutes the other way... i think... i'll look into it.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
the website apparently, my friend said he's stopped in there about 2 months ago, it was still under a little bit of work, but over the course of 2 months i figure thats been taken care of

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
just because your asian doesn't mean i can beat the crap outta you

what.
----

and why would they be mad that we left something there? Unless somebody left something ridiculous like a dirty syringe or something..

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Zelow's a tough guy. <3 It's supposed to be all intimidating to make up for the fact that he has lapses of intelligence.

If all else fails, I vote Scala's apartment for the next tournament.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
OK WE CAN STILL PLAY AT THE CHILLZONE. UNDER 1 NEW RULE

NO WEED NO ALCHOL NO PIPES NO BAD STUFF (CIGARETTES ARE OK THOUGH) THIS RULE WILL BE ENFORCED IF YOU HAVE BAD **** ON YOU YOU WILL BE DQ'D

Little kids got into lains bag and cops are always around the area which means they get in huge trouble. it's no big deal this time just don't let it happen again.

hey Omniswell did you play melee by chance? maybe a fox? or play in a tourny in richmond?
If you even call it a tourney. yea i was there, and yes i play melee, and yes i play fox, ganon, shiek, and marth. why?

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
The title has been changed to the new date, but the OP still has the 7th listed as the next one. Curious about the rules though, you have Castle Siege as a starter, but Delfino as counterpick. May I ask the reason to ban one and not the other? They both have the occasional walkoffs. Just wanted to know what the reasoning was behind that.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
The title has been changed to the new date, but the OP still has the 7th listed as the next one. Curious about the rules though, you have Castle Siege as a starter, but Delfino as counterpick. May I ask the reason to ban one and not the other? They both have the occasional walkoffs. Just wanted to know what the reasoning was behind that.
CS is a strike out stage, and is there because it dosent give a big advantage to characters like delphino does. MK or DDD on siege ...eh decent MK or DDD on Delphino= ****

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
i can't say i care for it.

"whoops i killed myself. the games halfway over."
You shouldn't go killing yourself if you have any aspirations of winning the tournament anyway. The best players would generally avoid SDing, you know?

And plus, that's why it's a best-of-5 set, in case something like that happens...you can make up for it.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Before you guys go knocking the format, go watch Gimpy's new sets on the Sheik boards. I guess it's the set up he's been pushing, and it actually seems kinda cool. Plus 5 two stock matches in one more stock the 3 three stock matches, so one more to make those epic comebacks.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Actually, Gimpyfish is the one who is starting this "lets all test out 2 stock best of 5" movement, and the guys behind WAAA were cool enough to help the SBR out in testing the viability of this new format.

RoboticSithDrone

Smash Apprentice
Hanenbow being legal is probably more extreme than 2 stock best of 5, and I don't plan on banning Hanenbow anytime soon.

If it doesn't work, then 3 stock best of 3 will return. In the meantime, it can't hurt to give 2 stock best of 5 a shot.

Top Bottom